PDA

View Full Version : Carr On Pace For Most Losses in NFL History???

the wonger need food
11-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Anyone know what the record is for most losses by a starting NFL Quarterback? Our franchise QB has to be on a pace to shatter the record whatever it is.

Please try to leave the excuses out of this thread.

Wolf
11-20-2006, 06:17 PM
and I thought the threads couldn't sink any lower :thud:

Sco-tai
11-20-2006, 06:20 PM
I don't even know why I bother to read your posts anymore.

I don't get it. Were you and Carr on the same pee-wee league football team back in the day in California and he beat you out of the job in elementary school. He went on to a great College career and was the #1 overall pick...and you're the mail-room pimp?

Uncle Rico....is that you?!!?! You could have been a Hall of Fame Quarterback in the hot-tub with your soul mate.

Ugh....:lightning:

texflex513
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
no!! not another @$%$%$#%!!!! :backsout:

bad
11-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Congratulations wonger.

That was one of the single most mean-spirited, mindlessly hate-filled, toxic spews of a post against a Texans player I've yet seen on these boards.

Are you expecting someone to actually research this for you?

Probably not. Probably you were just looking to get a rise. I understand how that works. You build up your own self-esteem by tearing down the esteem of others. That's just sad. It just comes back to eat you up. Meanwhile Mr. Carr is making more babies with his lovely wife in SugarLand. Man that's gotta hurt.

Perhaps the wonger need meds.

And now I'll ignore you forever. Thanks for playing.

Kaiser Toro
11-20-2006, 07:02 PM
It is an interesting question and one that is quite possible given that he has been the QB for our team's short history. It would be unfortunate it for him to be remembered that way, but unfortunately results are how we are measured and they are not pretty.

Wolf
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM
It is an interesting question and one that is quite possible given that he has been the QB for our team's short history. It would be unfortunate it for him to be remembered that way, but unfortunately results are how we are measured and they are not pretty.

very true. how this franchise could have been different from the beginning if Boselli would have played and Ryan Young not flopped..

5 years later we are still looking for tackles.

I am not making an excuse for Carr here, just pondering.

LORK 88
11-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Anyone know what the record is for most losses by a starting NFL Quarterback? Our franchise QB has to be on a pace to shatter the record whatever it is.

So your taking another shot at Carr and don't want or expect and excuses? Good luck with that one . . .

aj.
11-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Blame game and excuses aside, I think there's only one QB in modern history whose been associated with a team more inept for a longer period of time (while said QB has been the full time starter) and that's Archie Manning.

Double Barrel
11-20-2006, 07:31 PM
I've never understood the idea behind win/loss records for individual players in a team sport (like pitchers, for example).

Thanks for the Saints reminder, aj....
...if that doesn't instill a small pessimistic seed in a fan, I'm not sure what will. :shades: my biggest fear as a fanatic!

RickDenver
11-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Carr's recored is 19-50
Testaverde is 88-119-1
Tarkenton was 125-109-6

Not sure what the record is but those are two QB's who lost over 100 games which is still twice as many as Carr.

Hottoddie
11-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Carr's recored is 19-50
Testaverde is 88-119-1
Tarkenton was 125-109-6

Not sure what the record is but those are two QB's who lost over 100 games which is still twice as many as Carr.

Darn, well that sure knocked the hater's argument right out from under them. :D

Hey, all you haters out there. How about I give you another stat to use to justify your blaming Carr for everything, including Global Warming?

Did you know that Carr has fumbled the ball 63 times in 70 games? That's why we keep losing. You're right! Carr is such a loser. Let's tar & feather him right now. :rolleyes:

AlbinoRat
11-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Do you realize carr probably gets hit 63 times a game? Yes he does fumble...alot, but until we can protect him that isn't gonna stop. Give him a supporting cast and maybe just maybe some loyal fans and we'll start winning.

are you one of those people who wants us to waste a first rounder on a QB?

eriadoc
11-20-2006, 10:04 PM

What is the NFl record for losses by a WR? I'm pretty sure AJ is getting up there. If DD hadn't been injured, he'd be on the fast track for losses by a RB. Oh, my bad, I forgot ... losses are a team stat, not an individual stat.

Grid
11-20-2006, 10:05 PM
I think Chester Pitts has more losses than Carr

eriadoc
11-20-2006, 10:11 PM

LOL, exactly! Must spread more rep, yadda yadda ya ....

Kaiser Toro
11-20-2006, 10:15 PM

Not at the same position.

Grid
11-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Not at the same position.

http://www.p0stwh0res.com/images/captainobvious.jpg

:D.. you know i love ya Kaiser

Kaiser Toro
11-20-2006, 10:33 PM
http://www.p0stwh0res.com/images/captainobvious.jpg

:D.. you know i love ya Kaiser

Absolutley brutha. This station in life as a Texan fan is simply a bridge to a better day. We all want to win, but I also think we want to win playing a brand of football that is not remotely similar to the last four years. Unfortunately Carr is that bridge to the past and those were some real dark days. To give Chester his metaphoric due diligence, he is like the ferryman on the River Styx. Dennis DeYoung will play Chester in the Samkon Gado Players, Theater of the Absurd rendition of "3rd Downs? Who needs them?"

mexican_texan
11-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Carr is to the Texans what aerosol is to the ozone...:lightning:

TexansLucky13
11-20-2006, 10:51 PM
and I thought the threads couldn't sink any lower :thud:

With the wonger, anything is possible, unfortunately.

mexican_texan
11-20-2006, 11:11 PM
There's only one player in football that can be blamed for a loss...and that's the QB. I've loved Carr's play, I've hated Carr's play...it's rarely the former. Sage Rosenfels, however, is not the answer. As long as Kubiak is fine with Carr...I will accept his role as a starter...I won't like it, I'll complain...but I'll accept it.

Double Barrel
11-20-2006, 11:20 PM

heh, I thought about that, too. :thumbup what's Chad Stanley's record?

Absolutley brutha. This station in life as a Texan fan is simply a bridge to a better day. We all want to win, but I also think we want to win playing a brand of football that is not remotely similar to the last four years. Unfortunately Carr is that bridge to the past and those were some real dark days. To give Chester his metaphoric due diligence, he is like the ferryman on the River Styx. Dennis DeYoung will play Chester in the Samkon Gado Players, Theater of the Absurd rendition of "3rd Downs? Who needs them?"

that's deep, yo :thud:

Napa Auto Parts
11-20-2006, 11:43 PM

Good thread i wonder what the record is besides David aint that bad he is our own little version of a jake plummer just not as talented he will guide us to the playoffs one day:stirpot:

swtbound07
11-21-2006, 01:11 AM
The record actually belongs to Vinny Testaverde with 129 credited regular season losses as a starter. Its not kept as an official statistic, but doing my own digging and research, thats what i came up with. If anybody can top that and document it, i'd love to see it.

aj.
11-21-2006, 06:15 AM
The record actually belongs to Vinny Testaverde with 129 credited regular season losses as a starter. Its not kept as an official statistic, but doing my own digging and research, thats what i came up with. If anybody can top that and document it, i'd love to see it.

When you're in the league 20 years, numbers like that - good and bad - will pile up. Vinny is also 6th in NFL history in passing yards and I'm pretty sure he's also in the same general area in completions, attempts, and TDs. He also has a couple of Pro Bowl appearances and playoff wins on his resume.

Vinny's longest stretch of futility with the same team was five seasons from '88 to '92 with the Bucs when that team went 24-56 (.300) with him at the helm.

Manning's record over a nine season span (all with the Saints) from '72 - '82 (excluding '76 when he didn't play) was 37-96-1 (.276).

Our own Dan Pastorini had one of the worst - if not the worst - three year spans during his first three years in the league - the Oilers were 6-35-1 (.143) in '71 through '73. But Dante' and Sid Gilman turned that around dramatically in his 4th year (four years pre-Earl).

DominickDavisFan76
11-21-2006, 06:52 AM
since when is it the QBs fault if we lose a game...i mean he completed 23 consecutive completions, not his fault

and for example, Carson Palmer had 3 TD passes, and they still lost to the Chargers..reason for the loss...DEFENSE

END OF STORY

Honoring Earl 34
11-21-2006, 06:54 AM

Well is Carr John Panozzo or Tommy Shaw ? I bet they sing Welcome to the Grand Illusion . :snobord:

Kaiser Toro
11-21-2006, 06:58 AM
What also needs to be mentioned in this thread is the implication of the salary cap. No one has been more futile than Carr in the salary cap era. And only a new franchise would not have the stones to move on in my opinion. Percentage of cap, mounting losses, consistent lack of production do not point to David being the problem, it points to the top.

Honoring Earl 34
11-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Thats why the Carr / Dilfer comparison does'nt work . I'm sure by the time Dilfer went to the Ravens he was'nt breaking the bank . Carr is paid to win games ... if he cut his salary in half then he would be in line with a QB who is paid not to lose games .

QB75
11-21-2006, 07:23 AM

Who cares? Such a statistic would only document how BAD of a team is surrounding a talented QB. Speaking of excuses....?

JDizzle
11-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Too bad you can't count moral victories.

the wonger need food
11-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Carr's recored is 19-50
Testaverde is 88-119-1
Tarkenton was 125-109-6

Vinny Testeverde has 119 losses over a 20-year span.

If Carr plays for 15 more years at the same pace he will shatter Testeverde's record with over 200 losses.

Mods... can we remove the question marks on the title of this thread? Carr is well ahead of pace for the most losses in NFL history.

the wonger need food
11-21-2006, 08:05 AM
since when is it the QBs fault if we lose a game...i mean he completed 23 consecutive completions, not his fault

and for example, Carson Palmer had 3 TD passes, and they still lost to the Chargers..reason for the loss...DEFENSE

END OF STORY

He completed 22. The 23rd essentially lost the game.

The real end of the story is that the has not won football games for his team like the great, or even good ones do.

the wonger need food
11-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Congratulations wonger.

That was one of the single most mean-spirited, mindlessly hate-filled, toxic spews of a post against a Texans player I've yet seen on these boards.

Are you expecting someone to actually research this for you?

Probably not. Probably you were just looking to get a rise. I understand how that works. You build up your own self-esteem by tearing down the esteem of others. That's just sad. It just comes back to eat you up. Meanwhile Mr. Carr is making more babies with his lovely wife in SugarLand. Man that's gotta hurt.

Perhaps the wonger need meds.

And now I'll ignore you forever. Thanks for playing.

Mean-spirited??? Are we a little sensative about our franchise QB?

Look, I understand there are a lot of you out there that are absolutely infactuated with David Carr and that's understandable given his boyish good looks. But we're talking about football statistics here.

eriadoc
11-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I don't blame losses on the QB (or any single player). Nor do I credit wins to the QB (or any single player). Ben Roethlisberger went 15-1 in his rookie season, following the logic of this thread - never mind that he had a Super Bowl caliber team around him, right? Never mind that he simply managed games, rather than actually going out and winning them. Occasionally, a single player will do things to win or lose a game, but it happens a lot less than people think and the QB should not be blamed or credited for a win or loss. It's a team game.

It's a TEAM game.

mexican_texan
11-21-2006, 10:40 AM
You can't seriously tell me Favre, Elway, Manning, or Steve Young never won a game. Just like you can't tell me Jake Plummer, Kerry Collins, and young QBs never lost a game. The QB can put the team on his back and get points throwing or running. Carr, IMO, has been in a grey zone. Not winning, but definitely not losing any games.

CarrIsFine
11-21-2006, 10:40 AM

Look, I understand there are a lot of you out there that are absolutely infactuated with David Carr and that's understandable given his boyish good looks. But we're talking about football statistics here.

Just like I thought, it doesn't matter what Carr does this year, those that don't like him will keep posting crap like this. What did you really expect from him this year under a revamped team/system/coach? I think most here are satisfied with his improvement at this point.

He is improving, and really in the big picture, that is what he needed to do this year. The way you make it sound, you would take almost any QB over Carr the loser. Did you happen to see Manning against the Jags last night? How did Carr look against the Jags this year? Let's keep the excuses to a minimum.

My next thread will be titled "Wonger On Pace For Most Useless Anti-Carr Threads In The Bullpen History???"

HOU-TEX
11-21-2006, 10:42 AM

LOL! That's funny stuff right there!

:backsout:

eriadoc
11-21-2006, 11:04 AM
You can't seriously tell me Favre, Elway, Manning, or Steve Young never won a game. Just like you can't tell me Jake Plummer, Kerry Collins, and young QBs never lost a game. The QB can put the team on his back and get points throwing or running. Carr, IMO, has been in a grey zone. Not winning, but definitely not losing any games.

I'm pretty sure I didn't use the word "never" in my post.

I don't blame losses on the QB (or any single player). Nor do I credit wins to the QB (or any single player). Ben Roethlisberger went 15-1 in his rookie season, following the logic of this thread - never mind that he had a Super Bowl caliber team around him, right? Never mind that he simply managed games, rather than actually going out and winning them. Occasionally, a single player will do things to win or lose a game, but it happens a lot less than people think and the QB should not be blamed or credited for a win or loss. It's a team game.

HJam72
11-21-2006, 11:13 AM
LOL! That's funny stuff right there!

:backsout:

I was thinking the same thing. Infactuated? Freudian slip?

South Texan
11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
OK... for the sake of argument... replace Carr with P Manning or T Brady. Do you really think that would make us an 8 and 2 team at this point?

Sure, Carr has had some problems. Capers and company saw to that. But he is improving. His decision making seems to be getting better, taking what is open vs. forcing stuff down the field (well, most of the time). He is now holding on the to ball better (even if it took a benching).

I am not saying he doesn't have more to learn yet, but I sure don't see him as the weak link in the chain this year. Fix the O-Line and the secondary, then let's go back and look at Carr.

BigDTexansFan
11-21-2006, 11:51 AM
lol I have never seen anyone hate on a guy so much. It may be true. He may have beat him out in Pee-Wee and that's when he decided to just watch football and nit-pick on Carr throughout his career.

No excuse here Uncle Rico.

Hey thats his new nickname guys.

wonger=Uncle Rico:yikes:

All Hail AVENGED...I LIKE I LIKE

Texan_Bill
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Blame game and excuses aside, I think there's only one QB in modern history whose been associated with a team more inept for a longer period of time (while said QB has been the full time starter) and that's Archie Manning.

LOL - Thats stating the obvious...

Manning's career record 51 - 149 -3
11 years with NO
2 with the Oilers (82 and 83 seasons)and;
1 with the '84 Vikings.

Please, please do not let me have to endure that kind of a record with this team - I don't care who the QB is...... Otherwise, I may have to go Kurt Cobain!!

Specnatz
11-21-2006, 12:15 PM
There's only one player in football that can be blamed for a loss...and that's the QB. I've loved Carr's play, I've hated Carr's play...it's rarely the former. Sage Rosenfels, however, is not the answer. As long as Kubiak is fine with Carr...I will accept his role as a starter...I won't like it, I'll complain...but I'll accept it.

I guess if a QB throws 31/42 440 yards 3 TD and 0 int but the team loses then you must blame the QB, great I am sure that is exactly what everyone on the team thinks. They are in the locker room blaming the QB for sucking.

Maybe just maybe look at the entire picture before making comments regarding just a single player.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Maybe just maybe look at the entire picture before making comments regarding just a single player.

Are you trying to be funny?? That will NEVER happen on this board!!!.

hollywood_texan
11-21-2006, 02:09 PM
I guess if a QB throws 31/42 440 yards 3 TD and 0 int but the team loses then you must blame the QB, great I am sure that is exactly what everyone on the team thinks. They are in the locker room blaming the QB for sucking.

When has Carr ever had stats like that?

He hasn't!

If he did that regularly, the Texans would probably be a .500 team.

Carr gets about 22-30 for about 200 yards and maybe 1 TD a game on a typical Sunday. Combine that with about 100 yards rushing, you get to the Texans scoring average of about 16 points a game. With that type of offensive scoring, you need a pretty good defense to get to .500.

Headlights of a Carr
11-21-2006, 03:49 PM

Try "infatuated". So you are admitting that he has "boyish good looks"

Thats it you are jealous of the "boyish good looks"

I don't think anyone cares about what he looks like. We want to win and we don't care how many losses he has in the past. We want the Texans to win as a team.

Headlights of a Carr
11-21-2006, 03:50 PM
My next thread will be titled "Wonger On Pace For Most Useless Anti-Carr Threads In The Bullpen History???"

:yahoo: That was great.

Goldeagle
11-21-2006, 04:21 PM

Id say this is a team sport

the wonger need food
11-27-2006, 10:59 AM
51 and counting....

eriadoc
11-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Does it count as SPAM when you start multiple threads on the same topic, with the same title, for the sole purpose of trolling? It should.

Khari
11-27-2006, 11:07 AM
geebus ..... time for lunch