PDA

View Full Version : Some teams don't settle

kingh99
11-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Remember when the Cowboys and Drew Bledsoe dismantled the Texans earlier this season. Bledsoe was all world. He was also benched a game or two later in favor of the backup. Some teams want to win first, justify their mistakes second.

Spike
11-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Are you suggesting that we replace the secondary with their back-ups or demote Cook for another costly fumble?

Double Barrel
11-20-2006, 12:16 PM
If only we had the talent on our team that Dallas has right now.

You're right, though. Some teams don't settle. Unfortunately, we're just not one of those teams. We've never even had a winning record, so there's nothing successful to draw from.

El Tejano
11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
I guess this is the thing that upsets me. I see our team as pretty darn talented. IMO, this team could kick any other team we fielded in previous years in the teeth. This is a very capable team, yet we lose.

I can only blame that on being young and inexperienced but only for so long. Something has got to give.

kingh99
11-20-2006, 12:24 PM
If only we had the talent on our team that Dallas has right now.

You're right, though. Some teams don't settle. Unfortunately, we're just not one of those teams. We've never even had a winning record, so there's nothing successful to draw from.

Hey look we were getting Travis Johnson and Babin when the Cowboys were getting Spears and Ware. We owned them on draft day. :joker: I cringed during those drafts.

kingh99
11-20-2006, 12:25 PM
I guess this is the thing that upsets me. I see our team as pretty darn talented. IMO, this team could kick any other team we fielded in previous years in the teeth. This is a very capable team, yet we lose.

I can only blame that on being young and inexperienced but only for so long. Something has got to give.

New QB would make about 140% of the fan base happy. We have eyes. We see. Dave Flutie was a decent enough experiment but we need a real live NFL QB now.

Double Barrel
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Hey look we were getting Travis Johnson and Babin when the Cowboys were getting Spears and Ware. We owned them on draft day. :joker: I cringed during those drafts.

yep. The ghosts of Casserly and Capers continue to haunt us. Hopefully Kubiak can exorcise those demons before they drag him to the fiery pits of losing hell!

mganz
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
New QB would make about 140% of the fan base happy.

Those "fans" wouldn't be happy with Peyton Manning. If he was on the Texans from the start of his career, I don't know if he would be much better. Our OL has sucked since day one. Although, it is getting better.

kingh99
11-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Those "fans" wouldn't be happy with Peyton Manning. If he was on the Texans from the start of his career, I don't know if he would be much better. Our OL has sucked since day one. Although, it is getting better.

Tired of that excuse. Please save it for someone whose stil buying it. David Carr is not an artist. Never will be unless something clicks in his brain. I said a long time ago he's the David Schimmer character in Band of Brothers. Not his fault, he just doesn't shine under pressure.

mganz
11-20-2006, 12:46 PM
so you think any other QB would be good enough after being sacked 200+ times in there 1st few seasons?

kingh99
11-20-2006, 12:48 PM
so you think any other QB would be good enough after being sacked 200+ times in there 1st few seasons?

As a paying fan I really could give half a crap what happened before. I am about what is happening now. If those 200 sacks ruined him then bench him. Just don't make that the excuse to keep playing him.

Specnatz
11-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Remember when the Cowboys and Drew Bledsoe dismantled the Texans earlier this season. Bledsoe was all world. He was also benched a game or two later in favor of the backup. Some teams want to win first, justify their mistakes second.

Maybe I am not a knowledgable football fan, but what does the QB have to do with poor drafts for 4 years and a poor secondary and a FB with the case of the drops at crucial times and a Kicker who cand not make clutch kicks? Maybe it is me but I do not think the QB has anything to do with any of the above things. The team sucked last year and the team had more holes to fill that one draft and one season of FA signings could fix, but I guess I am in a minority and looking at everything differently from the moment Kubiak was brought in. You can blame him for not replacing the kicker and signing of the FB but not every move will workout not even for the NE Patriots. The Texans can still win 5 or 6 games, which is a heck of a lot of improvement over last year, with Daniels, Ryans, Williams and Lundy all improving plus the moves that are made in the off season a playoff team is not out of the realm of being unrealistic.

No I guess we need to only look at the past without regards to the improvements of the season. Just blow it up and start completely over, trade anyone and every for 5th round picks.

Texan_Bill
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
LOL, on the upside, Brown was perfect yesterday.. 3 for 3 xtra points, and a perfect 0 for 0 on FG's.

kingh99
11-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Maybe I am not a knowledgable football fan, but what does the QB have to do with poor drafts for 4 years and a poor secondary and a FB with the case of the drops at crucial times and a Kicker who cand not make clutch kicks? Maybe it is me but I do not think the QB has anything to do with any of the above things. The team sucked last year and the team had more holes to fill that one draft and one season of FA signings could fix, but I guess I am in a minority and looking at everything differently from the moment Kubiak was brought in. You can blame him for not replacing the kicker and signing of the FB but not every move will workout not even for the NE Patriots. The Texans can still win 5 or 6 games, which is a heck of a lot of improvement over last year, with Daniels, Ryans, Williams and Lundy all improving plus the moves that are made in the off season a playoff team is not out of the realm of being unrealistic.

No I guess we need to only look at the past without regards to the improvements of the season. Just blow it up and start completely over, trade anyone and every for 5th round picks.

and yet in spite of all those deficiencies it came down to the QB making a play. In spite of all the historic screw ups, they had the game, hell they dominated the game right up to the fateful last series of downs for the offense.

Hottoddie
11-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Another stupid thread. :rolleyes:

Brandon420tx
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Are you suggesting that we replace the secondary with their back-ups or demote Cook for another costly fumble?

Most valid post award.