PDA

View Full Version : For those at the game:how was the legends?

Wolf
11-19-2006, 07:00 PM
I see they had houston's legends at the game (from the website). how was that? who was all there? website shows Curtis Duncan and Charlie Frazier

Did it bring back some good ole memories?

valleytexfan
11-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Bubba McDowell should've suited up at safety. :snobord:

gwallaia
11-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Fitting that so many old Oiler players were on hand to witness the 4th quarter choke job by our current Houston team. The Oilers delighted in letting their fans down with 4th quarter choke jobs.

TexanSam
11-19-2006, 07:30 PM
The actual ceremony was actually kind of lame. They introduced about 4 or 5 players and then they went by generation (50s, 60s, etc..). There wasn't enough time to name all the people up there, but it could have been much better. They should have done it during pregame while there's more time to be had. It's not like there would be less people watching the ceremony since half the stadium rushes to buy beers or go the bathroom at halftime anyway.

gwallaia
11-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Without Earl Campbell there, the entire affair was incomplete.

TexansLucky13
11-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Without Earl Campbell there, the entire affair was incomplete.

Agreed. It was all kinda rushed, IMO. They deserved a lot more time.

Warren wasn't there either, I don't think. They didn't introduce him by name, so I doubt he was there.

Speedy
11-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Let's hear it for players from the 20th century, and now players from the 21st century, is pretty much how it went down.

Bubba McDowell should've suited up at safety.Give me Zeke Moore over Faggins any day.

Wolf
11-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Agreed. It was all kinda rushed, IMO. They deserved a lot more time.

Warren wasn't there either, I don't think. They didn't introduce him by name, so I doubt he was there.

I think Warren is doing either NFL TV broadcasts or radio Broadcasts.. I can't remember which team

TexanSam
11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I think Warren is doing either NFL TV broadcasts or radio Broadcasts.. I can't remember which team

I think he's doing radio for the 49ers. Or at least he used to. I remember he was calling the game between the Giants vs 49ers in the playoffs a few years back when one of the teams (can't remember which) blew the 2nd biggest playoff lead ever. I remember someone later asked Moon what it was like being present at the two biggest choke jobs in history (player and announcer). Long explanation, but that's how I remember

aj.
11-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Warren is the Seahawks radio analyst.

The ceremony was extremely lame. Introduced a few and then introduced the rest not by name but by decade bucket. I liked it the way they used to do it -- run through all the names quickly - at least they all get their name announced over the PA and their face on the big screen..

PHof
11-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I wasnt impressed with the ceremony.

texan767
11-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Who was the guy in the wheelchair?

csuede
11-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Wonder how many of the 1992 Oilers were on hand to witness another disappointing come from behind loss at the hands of the Bills. Reich to Reed/Beebe = Losman to Evans/Price.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2006, 09:30 AM
The actual ceremony was actually kind of lame. They introduced about 4 or 5 players and then they went by generation (50s, 60s, etc..). There wasn't enough time to name all the people up there, but it could have been much better. They should have done it during pregame while there's more time to be had. It's not like there would be less people watching the ceremony since half the stadium rushes to buy beers or go the bathroom at halftime anyway.

Guilty here as well... Normal halftime routine: a) restroom b) beer line c) outside for 2 quick heaters (cigs).

TexanSam
11-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Guilty as charged. Hauled ass for a glass of wine.

Wine?? At a football game?? That's like eating a vegetarian meal at a baseball game!

HOU-TEX
11-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Wine?? At a football game?? That's like eating a vegetarian meal at a baseball game!

My wife does the same thing. She's a wine freak. I don't think there's anything wrong with that (not saying that you do). I'm a beer freak and she's a wine freak. lol!

michaelm
11-22-2006, 11:29 AM
I said at the time... if Curtis Duncan is one of the players who is called out by name in the ceremony, you have to be an absolute nobody to be grouped in with the 'let's hear it for the players of the 80's, 90's, etc.." group...
not that I didn't like CD, but he isn't exactly in the running for the HOF or anything...
OTH, I wouldn't have minded seeing Ernest Givens there to give us the Electric Slide one last time...

Texan_Bill
11-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I hear what you are saying about CD, but I thought of that receiver group, he was kinda the unsung glue that held them together. Just a solid receiver, and certainly not flashy...

I wish I could find some footage of the flip Ernest Givens did, where he nearly landed back on his feet... That was Awesome!!

Wolf
11-22-2006, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-HB8my77SU
electric slide
this one?

aj.
11-22-2006, 06:09 PM
electric slide
this one?

Talk about bringing back the memories....

That was the last playoff game played in this city - going on 13 years ago.

That late 4th qtr TD brought the Oilers back within a point of the Chiefs after they had blown a 10 point lead ... and only moments later, Buddy's D let Montana stick a fork in them...

I still can see the two Chiefs fans sitting in front of us...

Wolf
11-22-2006, 06:11 PM
I hated Montana after that game, If memory serves me. we pounded him all day long and he stayed in the game.. next week he was out.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but that day, i was furious

Texan_Bill
11-22-2006, 06:14 PM
electric slide
this one?

Right on!! That was so awesome to see! Got me pumped up a bit....

aj.
11-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I don't recall us pounding Montana specifically, but I vividly remember Keith Cash throwing the football at the big Buddy 43 sign that hung in the NW corner of the endzone (and Marcus' run right after the Givens TD) and I remember Moon getting sacked a bunch - and fumbling all over the place. That was a 4th quarter to forget.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2006, 06:33 PM
I remember Cash doing that too, but I don't remember us pounding Montana. In fact the way I remember it is that I wanted to pound Buddy Ryan, because the D got got out of character and became conservative and passive... Very un-Ryan-esque! Of Course I have had a few beverages since then and my memory may not be serving me very well.

michaelm
11-24-2006, 05:23 PM
electric slide
this one?

Thanks, Wolf. You just cost me about an hour of time looking at old Oiler videos. I'm supposed to be packing to drive to Corpus when my wife gets off work... :)