PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com:Carr ties consecutive completions record

Wolf
11-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Carr ties consecutive completions record Click here to find out more!
NFL.com wire reports

HOUSTON (Nov. 19, 2006) -- Houston quarterback David Carr tied an NFL record with 22 consecutive completions on the same field where Mark Brunell set the record earlier this season.

Carr completed 22 straight against Buffalo before throwing incomplete to Andre Johnson with 5:44 left in the game.

Brunell completed 22 in a row in Washington's 31-15 win over the Texans at Reliant Stadium on Sept. 24. The previous record was 21 straight completions by Rich Gannon for Oakland in 2002.

Carr tied Brunell's record on a short pass to Wali Lundy for no gain with 6:19 left.

Carr's first pass of the game was intercepted by Buffalo's Nate Clements. He was 1-for-3 against Buffalo, then began the streak with a 14-yard completion to Eric Moulds in the first quarter.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9815090

just want to say congrats.

on a side note
(please please try to keep this thread positive nad leave the bashing on the other threads)
I know we are all venting and I am sure David would trade his record for a "W"
Nothing wrong with critiquing his play but sometimes people forget that friends and family of players come on the website to read stuff and it gets kinda old hearing the same thing of "this person suc** "

TexaninDenver
11-19-2006, 04:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9815090

just want to say congrats.

on a side note
(please please try to keep this thread positive nad leave the bashing on the other threads)
I know we are all venting and I am sure David would trade his record for a "W"
Nothing wrong with critiquing his play but sometimes people forget that friends and family of players come on the website to read stuff and it gets kinda old hearing the same thing of "this person suc** "

CONGRATS, DAVID!!!! We were all pulling for you! 22 straight completions is nothing to scoff at!!

Napa Auto Parts
11-19-2006, 04:44 PM
If you wanna crown him then crown his ***, but David Carr was who we thought he was, and he let the bills off the hook *snaps fingers and break microphone*

hahahahaha its all about records and stat who cares about winning man:sarcasm:

Orion
11-19-2006, 04:48 PM
yes, a record, sweet.....just what we needed.....fantastic......i feel better already......i wonder what record he will break next week....

Grid
11-19-2006, 05:20 PM
You sarcastic jackholes need to be beat around the head and shoulders with a sack full of doorknobs until you:

A) Lose your ability to speak or type
B) Die

Congrats to David on a good game.. shame that it turned out like it did.

Grid
11-19-2006, 05:32 PM
please... PocketAces.. just.. go read a book or something. Your stupidity is seeping through my monitor.

Dre_80
11-19-2006, 05:32 PM
congrats, david :redtowel:

Specnatz
11-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Ya know the bills were pinned how many times inside the 10 and fans want to point out one mistake there, Carr does what the coaches asked him to do and it is his fault. It would be nice just once in a while you say he did what a good job, he did what the play calling was for.

I do not mind complaining but jeez I hate whinning.

doughboy
11-19-2006, 05:36 PM
You sarcastic jackholes need to be beat around the head and shoulders with a sack full of doorknobs until you:

A) Lose your ability to speak or type
B) Die

Congrats to David on a good game.. shame that it turned out like it did.

You need to chill. Congrats on the Record David.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-19-2006, 05:37 PM
I mean, that's kinda cool

JDizzle
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Whiptee doo.

Wolf
11-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks grid..

geeze people get a grip and somehow can't leave the sarcasm on the 15 other threads that merge about Carr and him playing horribly

Carr does something good and y'all can't even be happy for the guy. yes, I think the loss stinks and wish we would have won, I don't know about y'all but I really hated the feeling of Brunnell doing that to us. I remember yelling at the defense to stop Brunell.
It was nice for once to be on the receiving end of a postitive record than consistantly having QB's setting records against us.

Yes, I wanted a "W" as much as the rest of y'all but this hatred is honestly ridiculous. Anytime Carr does something good it is the ole "His receivers are making him good, or the OL is making him look good". Carr isn't perfect,but he has improved.

yes, stats don't win games, and I would be first to say bench Carr if he was stinking it up on the football field and put sage in,but the problem is that Carr isn't the weakest link on this team and it is a hard pill to swallow isn't it?

edo783
11-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Conratulations David. Well done.

MrMeToo
11-19-2006, 06:35 PM
If you wanna crown him then crown his ***, but David Carr was who we thought he was, and he let the bills off the hook *snaps fingers and break microphone*

LOL...

David23
11-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Congrats DC! Keep it up!

Hulk75
11-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Whiptee doo.

in a couple of years your facial hair will grow in, dont worry.

JDizzle
11-19-2006, 08:25 PM
He completed 22 passes in a row, so what? Brunell did the same thing earlier in the year and he's holding a clipboard now. Stuff like that doesn't mean jack squat if you can't put points on the board, which the offense failed to do the entire 2nd half. I also remember several of those completions going for negative yardage. But he tied a record, so yay!

coachdent
11-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Carr played a terrific game today. Carr haters need to wait another week.

He forced three balls into AJ and one got picked. He threw one ball behind AJ after he completed 22 straight.

The jump balls to AJ are not completely Carr's fault either. Carr throwing up fades to AJ has LONG been a staple in Houston. When AJ makes a play, people say that you are giving the athlete a chance to make a play and outjump the corner, when he doesn't it is Carr making a bad decision.

When you have ONE wide receiver on the field and sometimes two, it really cuts down on your ability to throw the ball down the field. When you tell your QB to take three steps and sling it up there to AJ, that isn't exactly the stuff of outstanding NFL offensive coordinating in my eyes. It is garbage.

It is garbage to have Jamel Cook on the field when it is 3rd and 15.

Plenty of other places to place blame today. It ain't Carr.

bad
11-19-2006, 09:09 PM
The consecutive completions record means very little to me, because we lost this game in the worst possible way...we shot ourselves in the foot and found a way to snatch defeat from certain victory.

This one hurts. A lot. We need to learn how to finish a team off.

Still, congrats to Carr for his accuracy mark. Heck, he's always been an accurate passer short-to mid-range. Even Carr Haters know that. Too bad his record didn't come wrapped in a win. Then it might have some real meaning for me.

Kaiser Toro
11-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Even in Carr's record breaking performance we still wind up on the short end of the stick. Is anyone surprised that Carr could attain this record? I certainly am not.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but Carr has not thrown a TD pass in four consecutive games. Baby steps, one more year, get him more weapons....

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Its funny , the two biggest throws for Carr were # 23 and the slant for a first down ... both of those were poorly thrown balls .

ArlingtonTexan
11-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Even in Carr's record breaking performance we still wind up on the short end of the stick. Is anyone surprised that Carr could attain this record? I certainly am not.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but Carr has not thrown a TD pass in four consecutive games. Baby steps, one more year, get him more weapons....

The record shows that efficient QB play alone is not effective. Carr played a better game last week when he barely completed half of his passes, but made key throws, nice runs and displayed a general toughness.

As for the no TDs in 4 weeks, I thought it was two weeks and felt disappointed. 4 weeks is pathetic.

the wonger need food
11-20-2006, 08:29 AM
David Carr's biggest accomplishment as an NFL QB.

So he'll have this record and probably Most Losses as an NFL QB before it's all over.

Vinny
11-20-2006, 09:42 AM
The record shows that efficient QB play alone is not effective. Carr played a better game last week when he barely completed half of his passes, but made key throws, nice runs and displayed a general toughness.

As for the no TDs in 4 weeks, I thought it was two weeks and felt disappointed. 4 weeks is pathetic.Totally agree with the first point and on the second point, Carr has never been able to produce TD's with any consistency in 5 years. Doesn't look like it will happen going forward either. If you aren't the first option or the dump pass you get lost in this offense with Carr running it. It's been that way since day 1 here. He still has very poor field vision and awareness...that's a major reason he struggles with 3rd downs and clutch passing downs. Hitch passes can move the ball between the 20's and drive the stats up, but he doesn't make enough big plays to win in the NFL. Even when he throws deep they are generally jump balls...heck, the very nature of a "jump ball" is that it's anyone's ball...then people start blaming AJ when he doesn't get 100% of those. Unreal stuff. Our passing attack is really pathetic and there is one constant all these years. A half a decade is a long time to struggle trying to pass the ball.

kingh99
11-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Carr played a terrific game today. Carr haters need to wait another week.

He forced three balls into AJ and one got picked. He threw one ball behind AJ after he completed 22 straight.

The jump balls to AJ are not completely Carr's fault either. Carr throwing up fades to AJ has LONG been a staple in Houston. When AJ makes a play, people say that you are giving the athlete a chance to make a play and outjump the corner, when he doesn't it is Carr making a bad decision.

When you have ONE wide receiver on the field and sometimes two, it really cuts down on your ability to throw the ball down the field. When you tell your QB to take three steps and sling it up there to AJ, that isn't exactly the stuff of outstanding NFL offensive coordinating in my eyes. It is garbage.

It is garbage to have Jamel Cook on the field when it is 3rd and 15.

Plenty of other places to place blame today. It ain't Carr.

Oh gawd. I sat through the game and didn't ever once say WOW that David Carr is tearing it up. I did say @#%#%^#%@# why can't that SOB throw it downfield. He sucks.

cuppacoffee
11-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Totally agree with the first point and on the second point, Carr has never been able to produce TD's with any consistency in 5 years. Doesn't look like it will happen going forward either. If you aren't the first option or the dump pass you get lost in this offense with Carr running it. It's been that way since day 1 here. He still has very poor field vision and awareness...that's a major reason he struggles with 3rd downs and clutch passing downs. Hitch passes can move the ball between the 20's and drive the stats up, but he doesn't make enough big plays to win in the NFL. Even when he throws deep they are generally jump balls...heck, the very nature of a "jump ball" is that it's anyone's ball...then people start blaming AJ when he doesn't get 100% of those. Unreal stuff. Our passing attack is really pathetic and there is one constant all these years. A half a decade is a long time to struggle trying to pass the ball.

Ever consider that it wouldn't be a jump ball if our "all pro" wide receiver could somehow find a way to get open. I'd settle if AJ could get 50% of them.

Half a decade is also a long time to learn how to run routes, beat the db off of line. AJ looked good when compared to the other receivers we have had here the past few years, he pales badly when compared to the top receivers on other teams.

I dislike the personality of TO, but he finds ways to get open, and he wins the battle for the ball against the dbs.

C Johnson finds ways to get open.

With Andre its usually a jump ball situation because AJ fails to get any separation.

Spin it any way you wish, but Carr is not our biggest problem.

Vinny
11-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Ever consider that it wouldn't be a jump ball if our "all pro" wide receiver could somehow find a way to get open. I'd settle if AJ could get 50% of them.

Half a decade is also a long time to learn how to run routes, beat the db off of line. AJ looked good when compared to the other receivers we have had here the past few years, he pales badly when compared to the top receivers on other teams.

I dislike the personality of TO, but he finds ways to get open, and he wins the battle for the ball against the dbs.

C Johnson finds ways to get open.

With Andre its usually a jump ball situation because AJ fails to get any separation.

Spin it any way you wish, but Carr is not our biggest problem.Not a team in the league would take Carr over Andre Johnson if they were in the same draft right now. The only people who think that AJ is the problem on this team are the Carr myopians.

real
11-20-2006, 10:15 AM

You should really check out some other teams play man....

Carr puts a lot of air under his balls when he throws deep...That's what causes the jump balls...

Look at how some other QB's throw it deep but place it on the correct shoulder or hit a reciever in stride....

How much seperation do you expect guys to get in the NFL ?

real
11-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Not a team in the league would take Carr over Andre Johnson if they were in the same draft right now. The only people who think that AJ is the problem on this team are the Carr myopians.

exactly.

ArlingtonTexan
11-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Not a team in the league would take Carr over Andre Johnson if they were in the same draft right now. The only people who think that AJ is the problem on this team are the Carr myopians.

While Johnson is not in the "totally take over the game" class of TO, CHad, or Steve Smith, he is in the next level of clear number 1 WRs in the league and would be the best WR on more teams than not.

As for Carr, it will be a nice day on this board when you can judge him for what he does on the field and how that compares to what other QBs in the league do.

Second Honeymoon
11-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Congrats to David Carr on a worthless record that was poorly earned and ill deserved. I have been supportive of Carr this year but have had enough of the bs excuses. I have had enough of his act and its time to ship his arse off.

About 7 of the completions were for negative yardage. Great work Carr :sarcasm:. Maybe Carr can throw 23 completions in a row for negative yardage and then the record can be his solely. I am sure Carr will put that on his mantle next to all the other worthless accolades he has. And dont give me the bs excuse that he can only run what the coaches call. I personally feel he was playing with the record in mind and was throwing short to keep it going and that hurt the team. I have just had it with him. I have been supportive and I have seen a modicum of progess, but I am done. He needs to go.

I have been very nice to Carr all year but the more I watch and the more I think about the big picture, the more I realize that this guy just struggles to win football games and has little to no leadership ability. How many games has he won for us in almost 5 years of football? One? Two? None? He just sucks imho.

Carr has improved greatly. I even think Carr has started to focus more on his job as QB and realize that football has to be #1 in his life when you are a franchise QB. That is something that any franchise QB has to do. THe 'aww shucks' act is so freaking tired though, and he needs to go. I just think its too little too late. Carr has bought into Kubiak's system and has worked hard. However, he will never be a championship QB so why are we trying to turn water into wine? It's not gonna work. Let's cut our losses and have some true competition at QB for the first time in the Texans' franchise history.

Let's just trade him at the end of the season and have a real quarterback competition at our next training camp. I think we may be surprised how well it works out. I am just sick of the excuses, sick of the meaningless worthless stats, and am sick of Carr in general. His game is fundamentally flawed and that guy will never win anything. Why are we sticking with him if they guy isn't good enough to win games much less big games.

doug from the woodlands

Double Barrel
11-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Because it's the nature of this thread as requested by wolf:

Congrats, DC! :texflag: this record and $5 will buy you a Starbucks!

kingh99
11-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Congrats to David Carr on a worthless record that was poorly earned and ill deserved. I have been supportive of Carr this year but have had enough of the bs excuses. I have had enough of his act and its time to ship his arse off.

About 7 of the completions were for negative yardage. Great work Carr :sarcasm:. Maybe Carr can throw 23 completions in a row for negative yardage and then the record can be his solely. I am sure Carr will put that on his mantle next to all the other worthless accolades he has. And dont give me the bs excuse that he can only run what the coaches call. I personally feel he was playing with the record in mind and was throwing short to keep it going and that hurt the team. I have just had it with him. I have been supportive and I have seen a modicum of progess, but I am done. He needs to go.

I have been very nice to Carr all year but the more I watch and the more I think about the big picture, the more I realize that this guy just struggles to win football games and has little to no leadership ability. How many games has he won for us in almost 5 years of football? One? Two? None? He just sucks imho.

Carr has improved greatly. I even think Carr has started to focus more on his job as QB and realize that football has to be #1 in his life when you are a franchise QB. That is something that any franchise QB has to do. THe 'aww shucks' act is so freaking tired though, and he needs to go. I just think its too little too late. Carr has bought into Kubiak's system and has worked hard. However, he will never be a championship QB so why are we trying to turn water into wine? It's not gonna work. Let's cut our losses and have some true competition at QB for the first time in the Texans' franchise history.

Let's just trade him at the end of the season and have a real quarterback competition at our next training camp. I think we may be surprised how well it works out. I am just sick of the excuses, sick of the meaningless worthless stats, and am sick of Carr in general. His game is fundamentally flawed and that guy will never win anything. Why are we sticking with him if they guy isn't good enough to win games much less big games.

doug from the woodlands

Here here. It's the emperor's clothing or 5 million dollar bonus that keeps his sorry butt starting. No way he outplays the backup. Nothing that has happened on the field this year leads me to believe otherwise. And I have seen every snap since the first snap against KC in preseason.

Meisterman
11-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Winner's Math...

one completion when the game is on the line > prior 22 straight completions.

JDizzle
11-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Winner's Math...

Unfortunately not many people feel this way. They see it as a good outing by Carr and a crappy call by Kubiak. Same song diffrent key.

real
11-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Winner's Math...

Rep coming your way...

Hervoyel
11-20-2006, 11:22 AM
I swear when I saw this thread I read it as "Re: NFL.com: Carr ties consecutive complaints record".

Second Honeymoon
11-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Winner's Math...

And the winner is....Meisterman.

doug ftw

austintexanite
11-20-2006, 04:02 PM
nice

Wolf
11-20-2006, 05:22 PM
one thing that has hurt the Texans is having any type of TE's esp in the red zone, I may been to look this up, Daniels probably has the record for TD catches by a TE by a Texan.

well looked it up
Well he is off by one with 6 games to go.
http://www.houstontexans.com/wpimages/uploaded/pdfs/texans_records_2005.pdf

Now due to the OL woes again, what are our TE's doing? helping out on max protect or going out in patterns?

Bullpen Drew
11-20-2006, 05:36 PM
He completed 22 passes in a row, so what? Brunell did the same thing earlier in the year and he's holding a clipboard now. Stuff like that doesn't mean jack squat if you can't put points on the board, which the offense failed to do the entire 2nd half. I also remember several of those completions going for negative yardage. But he tied a record, so yay!
couldn't put it any better!

GP
11-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Today's fans have no idea of what the word "team" means.

If anybody else gets a record on this team, it's "Good job" all the way around by all of us.

But Carr gets a record, and he's cussed for it.

Amazing.

I think (very strongly, by the way) that a person's inability to at least celebrate a guy's personal accomplishment on the field (as we're seeing from a lot of you) is poor taste.

Everyone is stoked about AJ being at the top of the stats in the NFL.

Everyoneis stoked about Demeco possibly getting DROY.

But Carr? Ahh, that's nuthin'! He stinks. "Brunell did it, too. Big deal."

It is a big deal.

It's a big deal because he did his damn job and got recognized for it, but he's still the same old stinky David Carr?

Give me a break.

You guys hate him. Period.

Has nothing to do with his skills on the field. You just hate H-I-M.

Nice. I'd like to hang out with ya'll on a Saturday at 3 a.m. in an alley somewhere, waiting to shank someone for a few bucks or a wristwatch.

Can't you at least be happy that a member of OUR team did something relevant for a change?

I mean, is it too much to say "Hey, we lost...and that stinks, but great job on tying a record. Good job, bro."

Nope. The hate is too large.

GP
11-20-2006, 07:47 PM
That hatred is from envy. The haters probably will never make as much as he makes in a year in their entire lives plus they probably have to hear their wives, girlfriends or both comment about his looks everytime they see him as well. Either way it is nothing more than envy.

I would say it's something different for everybody.

Some probably are jealous of his looks, his following amongst the ladies.

Some are unhappy that he's making mad jack while they are not.

Some are UT fans and felt that Vince is the messiah.

Some are at odds with his supposed Christian beliefs. His family does have a long line of pastors and religiously solid individuals. He's a family man first, too.

Some think that the whole team's wins and losses are on the QB's shoulders.

Some think that he doesn't have "it," yet I've seen him make some memorable plays all on his own. Plays that I still can see in my mind. Cannot really say that about Charlie Frye or Tim Couch. Etc.

If it's the latter, I can be cool with that. But the people who hate him just to hate him for stupid reasons, I really do not understand it. I guess I've never been able to actually hate a person that much...well, maybe Saddam...that's one guy I'd say I hate in every way.

I dislike that Cook and Stanley are still on this team. I know they'll still have a place in the NFL if they're not here. But I don't hate them enough to act as if they are the worst player EVER as some have suggested David is.

Ask yourself this: What other available QB could do better with THIS team RIGHT NOW? Hmmmmmmm....I thought so.

JDizzle
11-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Ask yourself this: What other available QB could do better with THIS team RIGHT NOW? Hmmmmmmm....I thought so.

Only one way to find out.

Double Barrel
11-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Part of it could be envy, but I think it has more to do with losing than anything else.

Losing is a negative experience and breeds negative emotions. Being a football fan is a passion, which is a deep emotional bond with a team. And since we've been losing with this franchise for five years now (and not even a winning record to fondly reflect upon), I'd expect hatred to be one of the emotions that comes bubbling up. The QB position is always a focus, in good times and in bad. Win games and they love you, lose them and it's hatred.

I don't advise it, and I've avoided letting myself get too emotional about sports (even since one fateful day in Buffalo). I'll always support the Texans through good, bad, and ugly, and I'll always go to the games, but I won't let losing bring me down. I just wish everyone had the same attitude, but it takes all kinds.

Honoring Earl 34
11-20-2006, 08:11 PM
That hatred is from envy. The haters probably will never make as much as he makes in a year in their entire lives plus they probably have to hear their wives, girlfriends or both comment about his looks everytime they see him as well. Either way it is nothing more than envy.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser . This franchise had a tiger by the tale , great fans , high picks , a huge homefield advantage , its gone in five years and theres only one main component left .

Carr is the face of the franchise ... he gets some blame . All the excuses about him being rich and pretty and their girlfirends likes him is weak . 99% just care about football .

Why do you think he's cute ?

Honoring Earl 34
11-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Obviously you can not read. So, I will quote myself with the hopes that this time you can find someone else to read it to you.

" ... plus they probably have to hear their wives, girlfriends or both comment about his looks everytime they see him as well." (Bold typeface added to try and help the visually impaired)

Nope I don't buy it ... you think Carr's cute .

eriadoc
11-21-2006, 10:46 AM
I think many of you are overlooking one important thing here -- Carr didn't come out and say anything about the completion record. He certainly never used it to defend a loss. The only thing I heard him say about it was he'd trade it for a win in a heartbeat. Many of you are attributing this attitude to Carr as if he just wants records. I seriously doubt anyone was counting completions at the time. As for the argument that the 23rd attempt was just there to break the record - why the hell wouldn't he just throw a dump-off for a guaranteed completion, if that was the case?

The Texans were trying to win a ball game on Sunday. Somewhere along the way, the QB completed 22 straight passes. Yay. We didn't get a win, so no one really cares about the record except for the pundits and the Carr haters. I'm sure Carr could care less, the team could care less, and most of us fans could probably care less.

ib4texans
11-21-2006, 10:42 PM
I think many of you are overlooking one important thing here -- Carr didn't come out and say anything about the completion record. He certainly never used it to defend a loss. The only thing I heard him say about it was he'd trade it for a win in a heartbeat. Many of you are attributing this attitude to Carr as if he just wants records. I seriously doubt anyone was counting completions at the time. As for the argument that the 23rd attempt was just there to break the record - why the hell wouldn't he just throw a dump-off for a guaranteed completion, if that was the case?

The Texans were trying to win a ball game on Sunday. Somewhere along the way, the QB completed 22 straight passes. Yay. We didn't get a win, so no one really cares about the record except for the pundits and the Carr haters. I'm sure Carr could care less, the team could care less, and most of us fans could probably care less.

I like it! ILIKE IT ALOT!:yahoo:

trublu
11-21-2006, 11:07 PM
This is not much of a record, more like which QB can dump off the short pass the most consecutive times. At least Brunell avg over 10 yards per attempt!

CARR'S STREAK OF 22

David Carr tied Mark Brunell's NFL record for consecutive completions in a game. How the streak unfolded:

FIRST QUARTER
No. 1: To Eric Moulds for 14 yards
No. 2: To Andre Johnson for 20 yards
No. 3: To Eric Moulds for 17 yards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND QUARTER
No. 4: To Jameel Cook for 4 yards
No. 5: To Samkon Gado for minus-1
No. 6: To Eric Moulds for 11 yards
No. 7: To Mark Bruener for 3 yards
No. 8: To Samkon Gado for 19 yards
No. 9: To Andre Johnson for 12 yards
No. 10: To A. Johnson for 19 yards
No. 11: To A. Johnson for 5 yards
No. 12: To Wali Lundy for 4 yards
No. 13: To Eric Moulds for 22 yards
No. 14: To Owen Daniels for 10 yards
No. 15: To Jameel Cook for 6 yards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIRD QUARTER
No. 16: To A. Johnson for 25 yards
No. 17: To Wali Lundy for 5 yards
No. 18: To Samkon Gado for 4 yards
No. 19: To Eric Moulds for 4 yards

FOURTH QUARTER
No. 20: To Samkon Gado for 4 yards
No. 21: To A. Johnson for minus-5
No. 22: To Wali Lundy for no gain

It seems to me that about half of his passes were for more than at least 10 yds, yet he is still the "king of dink and dump". I guess people just choose to see what they want and ignore the rest.:twocents:

Wolf
11-21-2006, 11:16 PM
on top of that.. some don't read on what the west coast offense is really about

TheOgre
11-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Our defense gives up two 80+ TD's and another one with 9 seconds left on the clock, our FB fumbles at the 6, and our OLG gets called for a holding penalty on a play Carr runs to the 11. Carr leads the team on three TD drives, yet it is somehow his fault? Heck if it weren't for Pitts penalty and Cook's fumble we might have scored 35.

Carr clearly lost the Dallas and Tennesee games, but I think some of you will blame every loss on him regardless of the circumstances.

Vinny
11-22-2006, 10:17 AM
It seems to me that about half of his passes were for more than at least 10 yds, yet he is still the "king of dink and dump". I guess people just choose to see what they want and ignore the rest.:twocents:the NFL calls it YAC....yards after catch.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2006, 10:22 AM
the NFL calls it YAC....yards after catch.

Which is precisely what the W/C offense is predicated on....

Hulk75
11-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser . This franchise had a tiger by the tale , great fans , high picks , a huge homefield advantage , its gone in five years and theres only one main component left .

Carr is the face of the franchise ... he gets some blame . All the excuses about him being rich and pretty and their girlfirends likes him is weak . 99% just care about football .

Why do you think he's cute ?

Yea and 85% of them dont know squat about the sport other then just waiting for the ESPN top 10 plays to come on.

I think he is doing a DARN!!!!!!! Good job considering this is his first year in this system, just waite tell we run the ball like we want to, I mean really run it, with a back that derfenses fear, Adrian Peterson!

Texan_Bill
11-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Not a Carr hater, nor a Carr pimp, but that's precisely why I have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The first four years under the old regime were simply a waste. A waste of all those things that Honoring Earl mentioned and thats why I am considering this almost a rookie season for him.

HOWEVER, if he does not continue to improve - then I say we re-evaluate.

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Yea and 85% of them dont know squat about the sport other then just waiting for the ESPN top 10 plays to come on.

I think he is doing a DARN!!!!!!! Good job considering this is his first year in this system, just waite tell we run the ball like we want to, I mean really run it, with a back that derfenses fear, Adrian Peterson!

Most of us have been around sports longer than you've been alive ... having said that no I did'nt play at New Mexico or whatever but I have been involved in a lot of winning and understand what it takes or whats lacking .

Carr could be with the Colts and he'd look down Marvin Harrison .

OrangeCountyTexansFan
11-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I have been supportive of Carr this year but have had enough of the bs excuses. I have had enough of his act and its time to ship his arse off.
And do what? Replace him with some QB fresh out of college so we can be assured of more losing seasons instead of building around someone already in the system? Or get some washed-up QB through free agency or trade that no one else wants? Please, do tell what we should do. This should be interesting...
:stirpot:

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Or get some washed-up QB through free agency or trade that no one else wants? Please, do tell what we should do. This should be interesting...

Certainly could not hurt.

Kiss the Ring,
Kurt Warner
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2006, 02:30 PM
And do what? Replace him with some QB fresh out of college so we can be assured of more losing seasons instead of building around someone already in the system? Or get some washed-up QB through free agency or trade that no one else wants? Please, do tell what we should do. This should be interesting...

Romo , Rivers , and Gradkowski are first year starters . Romo and Gradkowski are a 6th rd. pick and a FA . I have watched each make plays to WIN games .

The point is we can get a 3-6 record with an undrafted FA or a 6th pick and spend the extra cash on a FA LB .

HOU-TEX
11-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Romo , Rivers , and Gradkowski are first year starters . Romo and Gradkowski are a 6th rd. pick and a FA . I have watched each make plays to WIN games .

The point is we can get a 3-6 record with an undrafted FA or a 6th pick and spend the extra cash on a FA LB .

Nevermind

Hulk75
11-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Most of us have been around sports longer than you've been alive ... having said that no I did'nt play at New Mexico or whatever but I have been involved in a lot of winning and understand what it takes or whats lacking .

Carr could be with the Colts and he'd look down Marvin Harrison .

Thank You for proving my point. Have another beer at the games then tell everyone how the QB possition should be played.

My favorite today from John McClain.........At a time when former players and coaches among the national media are talking about Carr's improvement under Kubiak, his critics within the Texans' fan base are convinced the team will never win consistently with him at quarterback.

So old players and coaches in the national media vs Texans fan base? Who to believe? old players and coaches that have been at footballs highest competition or the guy that said he has been "watching" football longer then I have been alive O and he never played.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Thank You for proving my point. Have another beer at the games then tell everyone how the QB possition should be played.

My favorite today from John McClain.........

So old players and coaches in the national media vs Texans fan base? Who to believe? old players and coaches that have been at footballs highest competition or the guy that said he has been "watching" football longer then I have been alive O and he never played.

Go figure!!

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2006, 05:16 PM

How many of them actually watch our games? How many of them have as much time, emotion and dollars invested in the Texans as us? They are simply pundits that watch highlights with a beer in their hand just like us.

Results are not in Carr's or the national media's favor. We unfortunately endure this mess on a weekly basis.

CoastalTexan
11-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Call me when he posts the Touchdowns/game record.

texan279
11-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Certainly could not hurt.

Kiss the Ring,
Kurt Warner
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson

Two of those guys had the #1 ranked defense in the NFL behind them when they won their ring and the third guy had the #7 ranked defense in the NFL, the 2002 Bucs and the 2000 Ravens both had the #1 defense in the NFL and the 1999 Rams had the #7 overall ranked defense in the NFL while 2 of the 3 guys ran offenses that were ranked misddle of the pack overall.

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Two of those guys had the #1 ranked defense in the NFL behind them when they won their ring and the third guy had the #7 ranked defense in the NFL, the 2002 Bucs and the 2000 Ravens both had the #1 defense in the NFL and the 1999 Rams had the #7 overall ranked defense in the NFL while 2 of the 3 guys ran offenses that were ranked misddle of the pack overall.

Exactly the type of team I want. Low cost QB, spend elsewhere.

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2006, 05:46 PM

My favorite today from John McClain.........

I said I never played college ... I did'nt say I've never played . That does'nt matter anyway cause at the end of the day your not good enough to be out there either . So what makes your opinion worth a damn .

The Texans will be the only expansion team since the league merger not to have a winnig record by its 5th year ... ##$#% impressive . Carr has been the QB all 5 yrs and he's not any better than Tony Romo a first year starter and an undrafted free agent . That is the problem that you don't have to have sacked Chris Sims to see .

Wolf
11-22-2006, 05:50 PM
we are the only expansion team after 5 years is still trying to find Offensive tackles.

texan279
11-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Exactly the type of team I want. Low cost QB, spend elsewhere.

We've basically spent everywhere except on the offensive line and the secondary. This season we've got $11 mil tied up in our top 3 WR's, $13 mil tied up on our 4 starting defensive linemen, almost $8 mil tied up in our 3 starting LB's, $9.1 mil spent this season on our starting offensive line. We've got more than double tied up this season in our starting front 7 on defense than we do in our starting 5 on the O line.

texan279
11-22-2006, 05:56 PM
I said I never played college ... I did'nt say I've never played . That does'nt matter anyway cause at the end of the day your not good enough to be out there either . So what makes your opinion worth a damn .

The Texans will be the only expansion team since the league merger not to have a winnig record by its 5th year ... ##$#% impressive . Carr has been the QB all 5 yrs and he's not any better than Tony Romo a first year starter and an undrafted free agent . That is the problem that you don't have to have sacked Chris Sims to see .

Romo also has 3 Pro Bowl lineman blocking for him.

Wolf
11-22-2006, 06:00 PM
I'd like to see our unit go through a season without serious injuries,

for once..

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Romo also has 3 Pro Bowl lineman blocking for him.

The Cowboys OL is not even average ... Columbo , Rivera , Gorude , Kosier , Adams who's about to be replaced . There is not one of these guys going to the pro bowl .

texan279
11-22-2006, 06:40 PM
The Cowboys OL is not even average ... Columbo , Rivera , Gorude , Kosier , Adams who's about to be replaced . There is not one of these guys going to the pro bowl .

Three of them have already been to the pro bowl is what I was saying.

trublu
11-22-2006, 09:08 PM
the NFL calls it YAC....yards after catch.

Watch the game again those passes were caught beyond 8 yards at least. The 25 yarder to Moulds was caught and step out of bounds with only 1 YAC. There were many others where the ball was caught 12 to 15 yds deep. Choose to call it what you will, I just think Carr can do no right in some of the peoples eyes on this board. No matter what.

trublu
11-22-2006, 09:24 PM

Romo might be a first year starter but he has been in the system for years now. He also happens to have a top 10 Defense and a pretty good running tandem. You could try to compare QBs all you want but there are 21 other players that contribute to wins and losses. But since you have been watching football since before I was born as well, you probably already knew that.

Vinny
11-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Romo might be a first year starter but he has been in the system for years now. He also happens to have a top 10 Defense and a pretty good running tandem. You could try to compare QBs all you want but there are 21 other players that contribute to wins and losses. But since you have been watching football since before I was born as well, you probably already knew that.
Romo has the same team Bledsoe had you know. The easy 2+2 = 4 conclusion could be that if you improve the QB play the team amazingly looks like a playoff team.

Wolf
11-22-2006, 09:35 PM
I agree with that, yet sadly in some's eyes if Carr passed for 400 yards, it isn't Carr that did that it is the WR's that made the plays ... also like Brees last week threw for 500+ yards and they lost. if that happened on here, the focus would be on the pass that Carr didn't complete.

It is unfortuant but sometimes I think Carr will never be good enough for the fans of the Texans..I am like you he has all the tools (some reason his deep ball is horrible looking at times), yet his mental game is lacking, I don't know how many OC he has had (4?) over the years, but hopefully Kubiak can bring some stability to David's mental game.

trublu
11-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Romo has the same team Bledsoe had you know. The easy 2+2 = 4 conclusion could be that if you improve the QB play the team amazingly looks like a playoff team.

Well then that's a knock on Bledsoe not Carr. Go to the Cowboys message board and complain about Bledsoe all you want. Carr does not have that running game and the #6 defence.

If the Texans had won the game there wouldn't be this discussion on Carr. So if our prevent defence (which doesn't prevent a darn thing) would have stopped the Bills on the final drive nobody would be complaining about Carr.

thegr8fan
11-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Romo has the same team Bledsoe had you know. The easy 2+2 = 4 conclusion could be that if you improve the QB play the team amazingly looks like a playoff team. or like they could actually make a comeback and win a game, like Sage in the second half of the Titans game. Especially when he scored 3 TD's in a half, which would be Carrs RECORD of TD's for an entire game, counted in a peroid of over 65 games now.

But hey, glad Carr set a 22 in a row completion record. While scoring no TD's again. :yikes: nice. completely useless to the team, but nice for him. :superman:

big whoop :twocents:

trublu
11-22-2006, 09:44 PM
or like they could actually make a comeback and win a game, like Sage in the second half of the Titans game. Especially when he scored 3 TD's in a half, which would be Carrs RECORD of TD's for an entire game, counted in a peroid of over 65 games now.

:

So how did Sage do against the Jags when Carr went out with the shoulder injury? Did he light up the defence? How many TDs did he throw? How well did he avoid the pressure? Surely you remember.

real
11-22-2006, 09:48 PM
So how did Sage do against the Jags when Carr went out with the shoulder injury? Did he light up the defence? How many TDs did he throw? How well did he avoid the pressure? Surely you remember.

He threw three passes....

Hardly a big enough sample size to ask whether he "lit up the defense" or not....

Wolf
11-22-2006, 09:53 PM

Hardly a big enough sample size to ask whether he "lit up the defense" or not....

bet your tail that if we lost that game ..defense would be blamed not Sage esp after going for it on 4th and short

trublu
11-22-2006, 10:02 PM

He went in with 14 min in the fourth and had 4 possesions. 2 went for four and out, 1 for three and out and the final one was kneeled down to run out the clock. My point is not his stats but his management/presence in the game. Carr haters are so eager to throw Sage in there as if he were the savior. I'm not hating on Sage but I don't think he is better than Carr and I think Kubiak feels the same way too.

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2006, 10:06 PM

He was 1/3 .... of course one his incompletions was the Daniels fumble , drop . The defense and their 4 ints won that game . Carr's major contribution was no turnovers .

Wolf
11-22-2006, 10:08 PM
He was 1/3 .... of course one his incompletions was the Daniels fumble , drop . The defense and their 4 ints won that game . Carr's major contribution was no turnovers .

so...cooks fumble in the red zone doesn't give David any slack for a possible TD?

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2006, 10:10 PM
I thought you guys just care about completions .

thegr8fan
11-23-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm not hating on Sage but I don't think he is better than Carr and I think Kubiak feels the same way too. on this we agree totally. Sage and Carr are definite equals. One isn't a #1 draft pick with multi million dollar paycheck every payday, 65+ games starting, and a record of 15-53 though.

you figure out which one that is.

Carr is a marginal starter and a good backup. Just like Sage. IMHO.

bet your tail that if we lost that game ..defense would be blamed not Sage esp after going for it on 4th and short

and if we are going to 'what if' this thing, if AJ hadn't of broken up an INT with a Pass Interference penalty, we wouldn't be reading about Carr's new passing record anyway.

so who really gets the credit for this record?

Roughnecks
11-23-2006, 12:10 AM
I say give it to the Oline as much of a beating they have taken from us fans they deserve the credit giving how beat up they are and basicly a bunch of backups give the the line a little love not to much they might get a big head.:joker:

Hulk75
11-23-2006, 12:34 AM

Cause wise guy, I have suited up and gone to a camp or two in my day, and I still play hoping to get a look. Thats why I know more and have been around coaches and players that know more, "Honor"-34 by never questioning my knowledge of football again, I have been through more football then you could ever dream, I got the NFL checks, jerseys and helments to prove it.

Well you know what, lets just go to the super bowl, who cares what kind of players and coaches were around this guy when he first got here.

Wolf
11-23-2006, 08:08 AM
on this we agree totally. Sage and Carr are definite equals. One isn't a #1 draft pick with multi million dollar paycheck every payday, 65+ games starting, and a record of 15-53 though.

you figure out which one that is.

Carr is a marginal starter and a good backup. Just like Sage. IMHO.

and if we are going to 'what if' this thing, if AJ hadn't of broken up an INT with a Pass Interference penalty, we wouldn't be reading about Carr's new passing record anyway.

so who really gets the credit for this record?

personally I wasn't worried about the record if you read my early posts, all I was happy about is that we set a record against someone instead of having one set against us, it felt good for the change and yes, I wanted a "W" but it didn't happen

however through the miles of posts that got lost in translation on my side.

Honoring Earl 34
11-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Cause wise guy, I have suited up and gone to a camp or two in my day, and I still play hoping to get a look. Thats why I know more and have been around coaches and players that know more, "Honor"-34 by never questioning my knowledge of football again, I have been through more football then you could ever dream, I got the NFL checks, jerseys and helments to prove it.

Well you know what, lets just go to the super bowl, who cares what kind of players and coaches were around this guy when he first got here.

I live in the real world where I have to hope my schedule allows me to watch a game or parts of it or tape it ( job , kids , etc , ) . I sometimes watch half and listen to half because of obligations . I feel like I've wasted 3 hrs when all we have to do is complete a 2yd. pass and can't do it ... I said before Kubiak's seeing if the dog can hunt or is it a porch dog .

I don't care if it was my son ... after five years of losing I'd say a change is needed simply because he's not near where he should be . Romo's QB coach is that lousy Chris Palmer and right now Romo is a better QB .

ps . If your gonna give a negative rep sign it .

Wolf
11-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Houston QB David Carr is the most-sacked quarterback in the NFL the last four years, but the Bills only got to him twice because the Texans employed their tight ends as extra blockers and used a short passing game that allowed Carr to release the ball quickly. Although he tied an NFL record with 22 consecutive completions, 12 of them were for six yards or less.

kubiak's game plan maybe?

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061121/1015164.asp

Kaiser Toro
11-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Cause wise guy, I have suited up and gone to a camp or two in my day, and I still play hoping to get a look. Thats why I know more and have been around coaches and players that know more, "Honor"-34 by never questioning my knowledge of football again, I have been through more football then you could ever dream, I got the NFL checks, jerseys and helments to prove it.Well you know what, lets just go to the super bowl, who cares what kind of players and coaches were around this guy when he first got here.

Yet you still defend Carr given your bevy of knowledge and experience in the professional ranks. Not that you already know this, but you play the game to win. That may help you on your journey to land a job. Supporting and defending players that have a penchant for playing for losing teams while commanding a top salary would only be my role model for how to collect a check without earning it. You should model after Sage, a guy that scratches and claws his way to find a spot on a roster and when called upon performs to expectations.

Best of luck on making a team.

Honoring Earl 34
11-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Allrighty now I guess we have gotten a little out of hand .

Hulk I give you the X's and O's part but you fly down to Texas and we'll play a game about player history at 10$ a question until your broke ... then I'll take you to dinner . KT you can come to and bring some of that Tito's Vodka .

HulK , I have no problems with you , I just think a 7,000,000 dollar QB should make plays at the end of the game to seal the deal ... no excuses .

You guys have a Happy Thanksgivng and try to stomach watching Detroit .

Kaiser Toro
11-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Allrighty now I guess we have gotten a little out of hand .

Hulk I give you the X's and O's part but you fly down to Texas and we'll play a game about player history at 10$ a question until your broke ... then I'll take you to dinner . KT you can come to and bring some of that Tito's Vodka .

HulK , I have no problems with you , I just think a 7,000,000 dollar QB should make plays at the end of the game to seal the deal ... no excuses .

You guys have a Happy Thanksgivng and try to stomach watching Detroit .

Austin's award winning Vodka and Austin's award winning Sweet Leaf Honey Mint Tea make for a great concoction which I like to call the South Austin Tea Party.

Hulk75
11-23-2006, 12:29 PM
I live in the real world where I have to hope my schedule allows me to watch a game or parts of it or tape it ( job , kids , etc , ) . I sometimes watch half and listen to half because of obligations . I feel like I've wasted 3 hrs when all we have to do is complete a 2yd. pass and can't do it ... I said before Kubiak's seeing if the dog can hunt or is it a porch dog .

I don't care if it was my son ... after five years of losing I'd say a change is needed simply because he's not near where he should be . Romo's QB coach is that lousy Chris Palmer and right now Romo is a better QB .

ps . If your gonna give a negative rep sign it .

Sorry not me!

TPIMP
11-23-2006, 01:56 PM

As for the no TDs in 4 weeks, I thought it was two weeks and felt disappointed. 4 weeks is pathetic.

What it shows is it takes a team effort to get a win. Qb's don't win games alone ask Trent Dilfer to show you his SB ring.

Kaiser Toro
11-23-2006, 01:58 PM
What it shows is it takes a team effort to get a win. Qb's don't win games alone ask Trent Dilfer to show you his SB ring.

Exactly. A low cost QB affords you the ability to spend it on the other 52. I would have zero problem with Carr if he were paid as Dilfer was.

TPIMP
11-23-2006, 01:59 PM

And using that logic if we had Chris Palmer we would be a playoff team? Not as simple as 2+2.

trublu
11-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I just think a 7,000,000 dollar QB should make plays at the end of the game to seal the deal ... no excuses .

Would that include an $8,000,000 WR who couldn't get off his defender. Clements outplayed Johnson all game long and was all over him like a soup sandwich. Carr's problem was trusting that his #1 WR could make a play against anyone NFL; he couldn't against Clements, plain and simple, no excuses.

TexansLucky13
11-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Exactly. A low cost QB affords you the ability to spend it on the other 52. I would have zero problem with Carr if he were paid as Dilfer was.

Sorry KT, but I severely doubt that. I have to say that you stick to your guns pretty well, though. You rarely visit a Carr thread without mentioning his salary. For that, I commend you..... but I still can't buy into the idea that you would be satisfied with David Carr if he were paid less....

Honestly... I just can't see it. :twocents:

Honoring Earl 34
11-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Would that include an $8,000,000 WR who couldn't get off his defender. Clements outplayed Johnson all game long and was all over him like a soup sandwich. Carr's problem was trusting that his #1 WR could make a play against anyone NFL; he couldn't against Clements, plain and simple, no excuses.

So are you saying that throw was on the money ? To me it was high and not catchable . If AJ has the corner on his back on a slant , he's leaning into the ball and open with a good throw .

Carr said his first look was to Moulds but the LB was in the passing lane ... I assume this was a read before the snap cause he just looked at AJ .

trublu
11-23-2006, 08:20 PM
So are you saying that throw was on the money ? To me it was high and not catchable . If AJ has the corner on his back on a slant , he's leaning into the ball and open with a good throw .

Clements had AJ jammed up and AJ wound up on his knees. If he would have released inside quicker and stayed on his feet the ball would have been more than catchable.

Honoring Earl 34
11-23-2006, 08:42 PM
How do you release quicker ... when your trying to get 2 yds . I agree with Vinny I would took my chances with Gado .

Kaiser Toro
11-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Sorry KT, but I severely doubt that. I have to say that you stick to your guns pretty well, though. You rarely visit a Carr thread without mentioning his salary. For that, I commend you..... but I still can't buy into the idea that you would be satisfied with David Carr if he were paid less....

Honestly... I just can't see it. :twocents:

Then you do not read my posts. My biggest thing in the off season was letting Carr test the FA market so we could get actual market value. Moreover, at that Dilfer price tag it makes it easier to make a change since less money is at risk if it is on the bench due to less than stellar performance.