PDA

View Full Version : Whining

Runner
11-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Texan fans whined after the Tennessee game. Texans fans made fun of the Jacksonville fans for whining last week.

What is it going to be Texans fans? Are we going to walk the walk or just talk the talk about other fans?

We got beat in a decent game. Both teams had their mistakes and capitalizations. So be it. The refs didn't beat us.

There are plenty of positive and negative things to talk about - I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss the good and the bad. Let's just not make excuses.

Goldeagle
11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Name the positives????

The team made a great drive after the 2nd LONG TD

The Run game was decent

Runner
11-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Name the positives????

The Run game was decent

Change "plenty" to "some".

Wolf
Texan fans whined after the Tennessee game. Texans fans made fun of the Jacksonville fans for whining last week.

What is it going to be Texans fans? Are we going to walk the walk or just talk the talk about other fans?

We got beat in a decent game. Both teams had their mistakes and capitalizations. So be it. The refs didn't beat us.

There are plenty of positive and negative things to talk about - I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss the good and the bad. Let's just not make excuses.

exactly, it is like the movie "ground hog day" after every sunday loss,

gg no re
Dunta first career TD?

Mr. White
11-19-2006, 03:32 PM
We've never beaten Buffalo.
We haven't won 2 games in a row in 2 years.

People seem to think that we're a team with a once glorious history that is now on the decline.

Wolf
11-19-2006, 03:34 PM
exactly BRB

I think people forget that Buffalo lost IN INDY by a point, so give the Bills credit they are playing better also

GP
11-19-2006, 03:39 PM

No excuses here.

Just trying to figure out some playcalling issues, as well as a punter who can't boom one deep.

People say Chad placed the ball on the goal line all day long today. Yeah, but that's because he was 30 or 40 yards out, and he was putting ALL of his leg into it.

Seriously, I don't know why we even carry a punter on our team. Just go for it on fourth down every time and open up the roster spot for another FB who can NOT drop the ball when he turns upfield to run with it.

For all the "bench David" remarks we get around here...I'm seeing a lot of consitency in terms of other guys failing to perform like they should, and failing to perform in clutch situations. The QB touches the ball on every offensive play...other players get a fraction of the touches and yet when they get it, they fail to do something spectacular with it. David gets torched all the time and there's other clowns on our team who are equally as frustrating when it counts.

This SHOULD be a wake up call for Kubiak that he needs to continue shipping players out the locker room door or at leats benching them, or bring in more competition and put a second-string punter alongside Stanley on the sideline just as motivation.

They've run David through the ringer, and yet I see a lot of indifference towards other guys that I feel are costing us games.

So, I don't have any excuses like the Jags do. I'm mad as heck at a few guys, and it seemes to be the same guys every week when we lose a close game (Cook and Stanley). Are those guys rooming together? Sheesh.......

brewhaus
11-19-2006, 03:40 PM
We haven't turned that "corner" yet. We still have room to grow, more to learn about "how to win".
I am not sure why the coaching staff doesn't let the team play to their strenghts but it isn't happening yet. The texans ran the ball well. With the way our defense played (for the majority of the game) and the way we controlled the ball when we used our ground game, this game should have been a "W" . I am not giving up on the Texans. These sort of games aren't easy to take but Our day will come. :twocents:

TexanFanInCC
11-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Name the positives????

The Run game was decent

positives....the defense played a hell of a game after the first 2 drives of the game. they made adjustments and overall i thought they played with alot of passion. we stuffed the run. the offense gave them no time to rest the entire 2nd half....5 possessions in 2nd half, all punts for our offense. this game reminds me of the last 2 games we played in 2003...defense plays well enough to win but offense shuts down and the defense cant rest long enough to close it out.

GP
11-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I don't think people want to bench Carr, i think people want Carr to start making throws down the field when we are 3rd and 8. He is so DUMB OFF compulsive it is killing our team! His stats look great but it is killing our team!

You're just parroting what others say about David.

He's pulling the ball down and running up the field for FIRST DOWNS.

What's Cook doing? Fumbling the ball away in the later stages of a game, and in spots where we would have had a FG attempt on each of his fumbles.

Again: The QB touches the ball every play, and the others get the ball a fraction of the time. They have to do more than what they're doing. Heck, just DON'T fumble the ball and I'll be good to go!

Is that too much to ask?

A guy got benched for fumbling the ball.

And another guy? Well, show me where he's even getting a rear chewing (at the very least!). Amazing.

Let's have some fairness here.

Kubiak: Continue to reprimand and publicly flog those who consistently help us to lose the game in the later stages of those games.

TexanFanInCC
11-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I don't think people want to bench Carr, i think people want Carr to start making throws down the field when we are 3rd and 8. He is so DUMB OFF compulsive it is killing our team! His stats look great but it is killing our team!

its more carr's fault than it is stanleys. i think statistically carrs numbers are decieving. they look pretty damn good, but its because he doesnt throw for more than 10 yds. carr has alot of habits that he hasnt broken yet. i find it hard to believe that when he gets all day to throw that he is still resorting to dumpoffs to cook and lundy when we have AJ, MOULDS, and DANIELS...at least one of those three has to be open when carr gets time to throw. its inexusable.

Texan Asylum
11-19-2006, 03:54 PM
No excuses here.

Just trying to figure out some playcalling issues, as well as a punter who can't boom one deep.

People say Chad placed the ball on the goal line all day long today. Yeah, but that's because he was 30 or 40 yards out, and he was putting ALL of his leg into it.

Seriously, I don't know why we even carry a punter on our team. Just go for it on fourth down every time and open up the roster spot for another FB who can NOT drop the ball when he turns upfield to run with it.

For all the "bench David" remarks we get around here...I'm seeing a lot of consitency in terms of other guys failing to perform like they should, and failing to perform in clutch situations. The QB touches the ball on every offensive play...other players get a fraction of the touches and yet when they get it, they fail to do something spectacular with it. David gets torched all the time and there's other clowns on our team who are equally as frustrating when it counts.

This SHOULD be a wake up call for Kubiak that he needs to continue shipping players out the locker room door or at leats benching them, or bring in more competition and put a second-string punter alongside Stanley on the sideline just as motivation.

They've run David through the ringer, and yet I see a lot of indifference towards other guys that I feel are costing us games.

So, I don't have any excuses like the Jags do. I'm mad as heck at a few guys, and it seemes to be the same guys every week when we lose a close game (Cook and Stanley). Are those guys rooming together? Sheesh.......
Nice post Shafe...

GP
11-19-2006, 03:56 PM
its more carr's fault than it is stanleys. i think statistically carrs numbers are decieving. they look pretty damn good, but its because he doesnt throw for more than 10 yds. carr has alot of habits that he hasnt broken yet. i find it hard to believe that when he gets all day to throw that he is still resorting to dumpoffs to cook and lundy when we have AJ, MOULDS, and DANIELS...at least one of those three has to be open when carr gets time to throw. its inexusable.

I'm on the verge of getting violent with my words with you.

How many times did he hit Moulds or AJ today? A friggin BUNCH.

And he hit them deeper than 10 yards. He hit them on slants, hitches, crossing patterns.

You are so far off base rigth now, it's like you're bound and determined to say that Carr sucks.

"His stats are deceiving..." Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Stanleys stats are NOT deceiving: Dude cannot punt a ball deep for the life of him.

Show me where he ranks with other NFL punters. Please. Go dig it up, and let's have a look'see.................

Ryan
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
negative: kubiak calling the prevent defense all the way down the field until the 15. Next play, no pressure, TD

dtran04
11-19-2006, 04:23 PM
It's embarrassing to have a receiver get almost 300 yards. Hell, if AJ got 265 yards, I would expect a win.

kcwilson
11-19-2006, 04:27 PM

This is utterly ridiculous. I can't begin to understand how myopic a viewpoint this is. Carr completes passes, and it is his fault, but if he threw longer passes late in the game and the clock stops, then this same TEXANFANINCC would be clamoring about the clock stopping as well.

Watch the game next time, then comment on his performance of 10+ yard passiong.

Headlights of a Carr
11-19-2006, 04:30 PM
We've never beaten Buffalo.
We haven't won 2 games in a row in 2 years.

People seem to think that we're a team with a once glorious history that is now on the decline.

Actually we beat Buffalo 3 years ago.:twocents:

Mr. White
11-19-2006, 04:39 PM
negative: kubiak calling the prevent defense all the way down the field until the 15. Next play, no pressure, TD

News to me. I didn't know Kubes called defense.

Mr. White
11-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Actually we beat Buffalo 3 years ago.:twocents:

I stand corrected. They just beat us 2 of 3 times. (3 of 4 now.) The point is that we were losers then and we're losers now. But at least we're competitive losers.