PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with the Texans until they have a winning record.

Rightnow
11-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Mods please delete this post and my account. Thank you.

TexanFanInCC
11-19-2006, 04:11 PM
ur not a real fan...sorry. always stick with the team, through thick and thin.

NJTexanFan
11-19-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm upset at the lose also but we're pretty much in a losing season and we're still fighting hard that pretty much say something good, and how many people actually expected us to make the playoffs anyway, so to turn your back on the team shows alot about your character

jaayteetx
11-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Geez, I feel like that after a heartbreaking loss, but I don't really mean it. I feel like in a week or two, you might think otherwise. Its a young team, this defense is going to be something special when we plug a couple holes, just be patient. I know, I know, you've been patient all this time. Whats the alternative, root for the cowboys? Not me, I'll stick with my Texans through thick and thin, thats what makes winning so much more special, IMO.

Mr. White
We really care.

Signed,

Nobody

seveneventer
Bye!

Wolf
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
if I had a nickel from everyone that has threated to quit watching/supporting this team...

Austrian
11-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Well i'll stick to this team. Even though we've a tough schedule next year and probably won't win much, everything can and will get better in the future.

axman40
Wait Shane don't go!
Buh Buh!
:fans:

gg no re
I'm done with the Texans until they have a winning record.What's that?

That sounds like...

Does it?

Maybe...

Perhaps...

B... B... B... B... B... BANDWAGONER.

Sorry dude, no matter what excuse you make, to claim that you will only support this team during a winning season makes you a fairweather bandwagoner.

And Superstar... you are beyond words.

sleepwalker
11-19-2006, 04:17 PM
You might be waiting a few years.

Texans Pride
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
That's it. I know we had injuries, I know Carr is still developing in his 4th year, but I had faith that Kubiak could lead us to the promise land. Not anymore.

Kubiak and the soft second half playcalling, dumb call on 3rd and two and the supre-prevent defense that cost us the game, means he doesn't know how to properly call a NFL game as a head coach.

When he has a winning record, and only a winning record with the Texans, will I go out of my way to watch a game. I don't have season tickects, but I do go to the occasional game. Not anymore.

Kubiack has to win me back by winning, or we get a new head coach.

Am I a fair-weather fan? I voted for the stadium, supported Carr through thick and thin, supported Kubiak, went to multiple games, gave them the benefit of the doubt, supported the Mario pick, and now I am done.

I'm canceling this message board account, and on Sunday afternoons I will spend my three hours doing something better than watching this team lose games.

Goodbye to all who had good posts and intersting comments. It's been nice knowing you.

Bye bye now, take care, have a nice day :)

SmoochyTX
Well, I am and always will be a Texans fan. Hell, I was an Oilers fan from the time I could walk until they left Houston. But ya know what? The Texans aren't the Oilers.

Does it suck to lose? Absolutely. Is it ecstatic when we win? Absolutely.

We'll get there. Until then, I'll be watching and waiting - good times and bad.

run-david-run
you guys might have to talk me off the ledge after these types of games, but ive survieved this 5-26 strech, whats a few more decades?

mexican_texan
ur not a real fan...sorry. always stick with the team, through thick and thin.
exactly

edo783
11-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Don't trip on the way out.

Goldeagle
11-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Im so mad right now, I could punch a hole in the wall, but I will stick with this team!

We wont slow the band wagon down for you later.

phantom17
11-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Pls stay! What do you expect from a team that won 2 games last yr, I know it's REALLY FRUSTRATING, but I'm still a TEXANS fan! This team in reality still needs pieces to win consistently, & is thin on both sides, this team is still a work in progress! I didn't expect this team to make the playoffs this year, much less a winning record! However, it's has been tough rootin' for H-town teams, esp. the Rockets meltdown coached by the ridged JVGoofy! SIGH!!!:hides: :marionaner:

Texas_Heat
11-19-2006, 04:25 PM
you guys might have to talk me off the ledge after these types of games, but ive survieved this 5-26 strech, whats a few more decades?

Losers find ways to lose,
So go ahead an Jump.:gun: :redtowel:

Huge
11-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Am I a fair-weather fan?
Yes.

Osso
11-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Im so mad right now, I could punch a hole in the wall, but I will stick with this team!

We wont slow the band wagon down for you later.

dit....toe

tex
11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=. Carr in my opinion is the problem.[/QUOTE]

He completes 22 straight passes and he's the problem?Get real.

joeton
11-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Maybe if you knew what loyalty was you wouldn't be puting up stupid messages. I get laughed at all the time for wearing my texans gear, but I dont care. I am in North Carolina and still proudly show my support for the Texans no matter what happens. Thats what a real fan does. However, you wouldn't know about that.

brewhaus
11-19-2006, 04:54 PM

See you next year man !

Houston_Fanatic
11-19-2006, 04:55 PM
don't let the door hit ya on they way out, buddy........

I am :mad: over the loss, but I am still a die-hard fan and always will be.

Porky
11-19-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't blame Rightnow. This team has tested a lot of us, and continues to do so. I do think you should change your name from rightnow to maybe someday. :lightning:

tex
11-19-2006, 05:04 PM
His last three or four passes of that 22 completion in a row totaled -1 yards... some people think he wasn't going for the record but it sure look like he was.

Considering he was running for his life on those plays I don't think so.

hollywood_texan
11-19-2006, 05:18 PM
I don't take issue with anyone that wants to split until the Texans have a winning record. Honestly, I constantly think about it myself.

I will continue to pay for my season tickets, but I am not sure I can watch this team so faithly as I have in the past.

This is just getting old...

Headlights of a Carr
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM

See ya and don't come back. Enough fairweather fans to go around......

NFLforher
11-19-2006, 05:45 PM

Bye. :ok:

I'm a Texans fan.

Napa Auto Parts
11-19-2006, 05:48 PM
well rightnow see you in a couple of years when we have a new QB and a whole new coaching staff:yikes:

NATHANHALE
11-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Why does some fans only want to watch their team when they're winning? whats the points of even competing then if you only win?

''only win"

well, after losing 72% (almost 3 of 4) of our games, I don't think we have to worry about this....

threetoedpete
11-19-2006, 06:23 PM
if I had a nickel from everyone that has threated to quit watching/supporting this team...

I wouldn't mind a cent of that. They call those there people...Cowboy fans. See Ya. Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split...well, you know the rest.

Nbkan
11-19-2006, 07:32 PM
bah...sticking by these boys forever...I don't quit nor jump ship.

MrMeToo
11-19-2006, 07:33 PM
We suck,but I'm still a Texans fan...

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
11-19-2006, 07:57 PM
BUB BYE NOW. Can't see how some folks are ready to jump ship with such a young team, lets be real , this team has been around for FIVE years. That is nothing in football time, we have have to be realistic. I cut my teeth on Oiler blue and was a fan till Butt Adems fired Bum then moved them. Now I'm a texan fan NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE THAT losing sucks I agree but nothing this team does (losing) will make me change my team.

Please keep in mind I live an hour from D.C. in the thick of Redskins country and people here are talking about taking thier own lives NOT changing teams.

Hottoddie
11-19-2006, 08:08 PM

Good bye, & good riddance.

profan
11-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Hope you were one of the fans leaving midway through the 4th quarter. Fans like you do not help the team. See ya.

DA YUCK!
11-19-2006, 08:14 PM

C-YA!!!

Koolbrz
11-19-2006, 08:37 PM
C-Ya...you bandwagoner you!! Good luck, take care, and dont come back.

swtbound07
11-19-2006, 09:27 PM

I went through board history and post count and from my own memory. Since i've joined the board, you would have 4.60 cents. (92 threats/people who actually left) You can tell im bored.

TheRealJoker
11-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Unlike the thread starter...THESE COLORS DONT RUN!!!

Wolf
11-19-2006, 09:30 PM
I went through board history and post count and from my own memory. Since i've joined the board, you would have 4.60 cents. (92 threats/people who actually left) You can tell im bored.

too funny

SAMURAITEXAN
11-19-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm pissed and sick today. But no matter what, I am a Texans fan and always will be. Those who give up on Texans good-bye! I'm sick today but I can take it.

GO TEXANS!!

CenTexNative
11-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Any loser that wants out...good riddence I say. I still have hope for the team. Real supporters will hang in there and reap the rewards, satisfaction, when they get on track. You'll see. Then on you 'band wagon' losers can jump back on.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-19-2006, 11:45 PM
How about banning him from the board til the Texans have a winning record to make sure he is true to his word?

Snapple
11-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

We were 2-14 last year. Rome wasn't built in a day, and we're not great yet, but we're making progress.

Even if the Texans don't have another winning season for the next ten years though, true fans will still be here. Because this is OUR team. This is our town, and we're going to stick by it. We don't get to pick and choose our loyalties.

And when the Texans do hit it big, all of the bad days will be worth it. Knowing where we've been, and sticking by the team, will make the victories all the sweeter.

Koolbrz
11-20-2006, 12:01 AM
You will know when that is possible. It will be when Carr is the backup QB on another team. I have said it before and it will always ring true. This team will never visit the playoffs with Carr as the QB.

I'm sorry dude but i did not see Carr in the defensive backfield when the Bills scored on that final drive. So i dont see how it is his fault. This is a team game you know. I have a question for you homie. Do you think we can get to the playoffs with YOU at the QB position? Probably not, right? Yeah thats what i thought...LOL.

hollywood_texan
11-20-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm sorry dude but i did not see Carr in the defensive backfield when the Bills scored on that final drive. So i dont see how it is his fault. This is a team game you know. I have a question for you homie. Do you think we can get to the playoffs with YOU at the QB position? Probably not, right? Yeah thats what i thought...LOL.

This game was lost on so many levels. Focusing on Carr, Cook, or whomever, it doesn't matter.

Just a few questions though, were there any plays that Carr did that were wasted? I don't think so. If he played such a great game, he should have been able to make a completion at 3-2 with Andre in the 4th quarter. Again, the Texans can't get it done in the clutch. This team has this problem, including Carr.

The bigger question about Carr, is considering 4 1/2 years, is hre really a required piece for the Texans to have a winning season? I don't think so. Carr himself could have won this game by making one easy completion, but he couldn't get it.

Blame for the loss is spread around many players and the coaching staff.

MasterC25
11-20-2006, 12:56 AM
All I have to say is that at the end of the day only one team is going to be happy. So we are not the only ones that are feeling bad now or will be feeling bad at the end of the year. Real fans stick with it and hope and pray that one year will be our year. Look at the Colts fans they have one of if not the best QB ever and are always miserably come the end of the year. SO GET OVER IT!!!!!

bah007
11-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Bye John McClain.

mike moffat
11-20-2006, 02:55 AM

Take a hike pal! You're a waste of good Texan air!

GNTLEWOLF
11-20-2006, 05:10 AM
I have to admit when this season started I was very upset at the same old same old that I saw out of this team. I wanted Kubiak's head. The whole team looked like Capers was still calling the plays. But, slowly....and I repeat s-l-o-w-l-y, I have seen growth and improvement. Nobody with a brain really believed this year would be a year that this team would get to the play-offs. I am impressed with 3 wins. We might get one or two more...realisticly. That is the best we can hope for this year. Am I satisfied? No Way!. But we are rebuilding. With another good draft under our belts, and more improvement, I can see this team making steady progress.
So, If you want to abandon a ship that is clearly headed for better ports, be my guest, but I'm going to hang around and enjoy the ride!

Mysteryhunt
11-20-2006, 07:38 AM
and the hardcore fans laugh t you lol :hunter:

bigbrewster2000
11-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Mods please delete this post and my account. Thank you.

If you can't take it then who needs you. Not me. Don't let the door hit you....

bigbrewster2000
11-20-2006, 07:49 AM
This game was lost on so many levels. Focusing on Carr, Cook, or whomever, it doesn't matter.

Just a few questions though, were there any plays that Carr did that were wasted? I don't think so. If he played such a great game, he should have been able to make a completion at 3-2 with Andre in the 4th quarter. Again, the Texans can't get it done in the clutch. This team has this problem, including Carr.

The bigger question about Carr, is considering 4 1/2 years, is hre really a required piece for the Texans to have a winning season? I don't think so. Carr himself could have won this game by making one easy completion, but he couldn't get it.

Blame for the loss is spread around many players and the coaching staff.

You bring up Carr in every thread, get over it. This thread is for bashing the pretend fan not Carr:yikes:

So lets all get focused here and get back to bashing captain Fair weather over here.

texan767
11-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Good riddance!
On a more somber note;
"Founded in 1967, the Saints have struggled throughout their history. They went more than a decade before they managed to finish a season with a .500 record and two decades before having a winning season."
Surely this couldn't happen to us!
I'll be a friggin' old man by then!!!
:homer:

whiskeyrbl
11-20-2006, 11:00 AM
His last three or four passes of that 22 completion in a row totaled -1 yards... some people think he wasn't going for the record but it sure look like he was.

Funny when did Carr start calling the plays?

whiskeyrbl
11-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Hope you were one of the fans leaving midway through the 4th quarter. Fans like you do not help the team. See ya.

Man I went out to smoke a cig at halftime and there were alot of people leaving then,whats up with that? And I agree especialy with the game that close you don't leave, you stay and try to give your team as much HFA as possible. I stay every game till the final tik of the clock.

edo783
11-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Funny when did Carr start calling the plays?

He doesn't. Kubes has said that he calls the plays and expects Carr to run them as called. If they don't work then the next play they will try something else. It ruins the haters concept though that Carr isn't just stepping to the line and deciding what play to run.

whiskeyrbl
11-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Mr. Right now won't be missed to much he has made 190 post in 2 years. But just as every other fair weather fan See ya ,and go root for them Cowgirls,we don't need or want your kind around here. I am as mad about our teams lack of wins as the next guy but i'll suffer along with the rest of y'all. Then when this team starts winning ......" How sweet it will be"

Texan_Bill
11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Can I have your PSL and seats?

I need to move my seats... I actually had people sitting behind me (that I have never seen before in my section) ask me to sit down when the cheerleaders were coming out for the player introductions.... Can you beleive that?

So, the point is - its 'supposed' fans like you MrRightnow, and the people sitting behind me that suck the energy right out of that building... Goodbye and good riddance. There wont be any room for you when the Texans turn things around.

Texanfan4ever
11-20-2006, 12:10 PM
The fairweather's never cease to amaze me. If we had made that 3rd and 2 at the end, the game would have been over. The the previous 57 or so minutes of the game would have been played just as they were, and all you negative people would all be here jumping up and down saying how much progress we have made, how great the defense looked, blah blah blah...........

So, blame it on Carr, blame it on Kubiak, blame it on Jameel Cook, whoever makes you happy. You really do need to leave if you can't see the progress on everyone's part. The players respect their coaches and the coaches respect their players. And they are starting to trust each other to make big plays. That in itself is a great start. Can't have a winning team with out it.

So take a hike. The rest of us will be here when we ARE a winning team.

Oh, and when you leave, just GIVE your PSL to some real fan that would love to have it.

Hottoddie
11-20-2006, 02:05 PM
You will know when that is possible. It will be when Carr is the backup QB on another team. I have said it before and it will always ring true. This team will never visit the playoffs with Carr as the QB.

I disagree. Let me show you how it should've been worded.

You will know when that is possible. It will be when lod01 is the fan of another team. I have said it before and it will always ring true. This team will never visit the playoffs with lod01 as a fan.

Carr is here to stay. Get used to it!

Texan_Bill
11-20-2006, 02:06 PM
I disagree. Let me show you how it should've been worded.

You will know when that is possible. It will be when lod01 is the fan of another team. I have said it before and it will always ring true. This team will never visit the playoffs with lod01 as a fan.

Carr is here to stay. Get used to it!

LOL, that was pretty good.

Speedy
11-20-2006, 02:18 PM
You will know when that is possible. It will be when Carr is the backup QB on another team. I have said it before and it will always ring true. This team will never visit the playoffs with Carr as the QB.So true. When Carr goes to the sidelines and changes jerseys to #38, and then trots back out there and gets destroyed, or when Carr's wearing one of those 90's jerseys and can't get to a QB that had been sacked 16 times in his last 4 games, or when Carr throws a pass and somehow miraculously changes jerseys from #8 to #43 while the ball is in the air, virtually throwing the pass to himself and proceeding to fumble, then this guy has got to go. I'm sick of him being all over the field on offense and defense not getting the job done. He'd be a lot better if he stayed with one position and not try to do it all at every position.

Kaiser Toro
11-20-2006, 02:21 PM
So true. When Carr goes to the sidelines and changes jerseys to #38, and then trots back out there and gets destroyed, or when Carr's wearing one of those 90's jerseys and can't get to a QB that had been sacked 16 times in his last 4 games, or when Carr throws a pass and somehow miraculously changes jerseys from #8 to #43 while the ball is in the air, virtually throwing the pass to himself and proceeding to fumble, then this guy has got to go. I'm sick of him being all over the field on offense and defense not getting the job done. He'd be a lot better if he stayed with one position and not try to do it all at every position.

Great point Speedy. Maybe we should sit him and see how the team responds. We do have the Tennessee second half and the last Jacksonville game to point to for historical data of what a Carr-less Texans can accomplish.

Texan_Bill
11-20-2006, 02:23 PM
So true. When Carr goes to the sidelines and changes jerseys to #38, and then trots back out there and gets destroyed, or when Carr's wearing one of those 90's jerseys and can't get to a QB that had been sacked 16 times in his last 4 games, or when Carr throws a pass and somehow miraculously changes jerseys from #8 to #43 while the ball is in the air, virtually throwing the pass to himself and proceeding to fumble, then this guy has got to go. I'm sick of him being all over the field on offense and defense not getting the job done. He'd be a lot better if he stayed with one position and not try to do it all at every position.

Nicely done, Speedy.

I joked similarly in another thread started by a Bills Fan.

David failed to come over the top and help Petey out on Cover 2, twice in the 1st quarter, and on the final drive for Buffalo, he should have gotten up field quicker as he was coming off the edge to sack Losman. He just couldn't get any separation between him and the O-line...

TexansLucky13
11-20-2006, 02:35 PM
:locked: :locked: :locked:

DBCooper
11-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Well, this week I'll be a Bears fan, last week was Indy, Last February Steelers.......

Pathetic