PDA

View Full Version : Fans hurt

AndrewTXAg07
11-19-2006, 03:04 PM
People on this board have already hit the problems in this game. I hate to say it, but it is games like this that lose fans. I have been here for the Texans from the beginning and will be here till the end, but for those fans who are still on the fence, this game hurts. I really hope we can make a big statement next week.

Runner
11-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Next week, next season, etc.

That's the Texans fan mantra.

Wolf
11-19-2006, 03:06 PM
I think games that we are not competitive and get blown out are the ones that lose the fans.

Goldeagle
11-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Im pretty mad at this game.

pathetic play calling by Kubiak

AJ does not fight for the ball

Punter cant punt past 30 yards

JP Loseman looks like Joe Montana against us

Cook fumbles

PLAYING THE FREAKING PREVENT DEFENSE?

TheIronDuke
11-19-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm just waiting for a game that the Texans win that they're supposed to. Have the Texans EVER won a game they were favored in?

seveneventer
11-19-2006, 03:09 PM
I just shed a few tears but thats the name of the game...it does hurt....but I am hangin in there no matter what.....for all of those who cant deal...pack it up and move it out.....

AndrewTXAg07
11-19-2006, 03:11 PM
At the beginning of the game, it looks like a blowout in the making, then the team comes back and shows good resolve. That's what I think most of us will remember. But for the fans that there at the end say, "Well, lets watch the Texans blow another one," and then we do! That hurts.

Spike
11-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately, you may be correct with respect to the majority of fans. It is probably not fair to do this to this team, which is showing improvement, playing several rookies and has a first year staff that is implementing a new system from an old regime that left little to work with. That being said, it is incredibly frustrating that this organization can't seem to get enough momentum for a long enough period to get excited about the team.

There are those of us who follow the team regularly and can see the improvement. A team that is getting better. A team that took it on the chin today and came back from 14 points down, but I have got to tell you. It is getting hard. At some point, you need something to cheer about.

AndrewTXAg07
11-19-2006, 03:20 PM
That's what I mean Spike.

DRAMA
11-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Im pretty mad at this game.

pathetic play calling by Kubiak

AJ does not fight for the ball

Punter cant punt past 30 yards

JP Loseman looks like Joe Montana against us

Cook fumbles

PLAYING THE FREAKING PREVENT DEFENSE?

Sums it up! It was as bad of an attack mentality as I've seen from us. We laid down and gave them that game on offense.

Where are all those great plays that we run all game in the 4th when we need them?

Why must our running game consist of the 12gap EVERY FREAKING TIME.

Why do we start running the clock out at 10 minutes in the 4th?

Why do we throw bullet slants on 3rd and 2 when that actually SHOULD'VE been the play that we run that freaking smash gap play?

Why do we NOT have a 2 minute drive in our arsenal?

Why do we feel the need to run a middle school Linebacker blitz on every 3rd down play? I mean, it DOES rattle a 12 year old but a pro takes the 8 yards and calls it a first down!

We GO FOR IT on the road in our territory but can't get ANYTHING when we're AT HOME and we need it.

The blowouts hurt but these games, theones where you can't explain anything - where the entire city knows EXACTLY what we should do and we don't - these are the games that pi$$$ me off to no end!

This loss was inexcusable - period!

Goldeagle
11-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Why we run out the clock with 10 minutes left is a GREAT QUESTION!

Man that ticks me off!

ARGH, IM SO MAD, THE FREAKING PREVENT DEFENSE?????

Iroquois Joe
11-19-2006, 03:32 PM
This looks familiar after a loss. It's a mirror reflection of the Bills board most Sundays. Like for 40 years.

I root for the Texans all the time. I saw your 1st game against Dallas, and was for you then.

I like you even better now that Moulds is with you.

You want unhappiness and pain?!?!?

BE A BILLS FAN.

Anyway good game. Thanks for the hospitality.

gtexan02
11-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I brought a first time fan out to the game today. They aren't much into Texans football, but I assured them we had this game. They got into it midway through, and the heartbreak at the end cost us another fan, I"m almost positive.

Being a Texans fan is not fun

Mr. White
11-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Fans hurt?

Call Dr. Laura.

Houston_Fanatic
11-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I am pissed at the defense play calling. Where is the aggressive defense we were promised, then finally got to see the past 2 games and now has disappeared again?????

Did we ever put Losman on his butt???? Or apply any real pressure????

When is it going to sink in to our rookie coaches that YOU CAN'T WIN BY PLAYING CONSERVATIVE anymore.

:hairpull:

gameguy89
11-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I am pissed at the defense play calling. Where is the aggressive defense we were promised, then finally got to see the past 2 games and now has disappeared again?????

Did we ever put Losman on his butt???? Or apply any real pressure????

When is it going to sink in to our rookie coaches that YOU CAN'T WIN BY PLAYING CONSERVATIVE anymore.

:hairpull:

Actually, we did. Orr leapt over a blocker and brought Losman down. Individual efforts: that's what this game was. But we need a team effort to win.

brewhaus
11-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Actually, we did. Orr leapt over a blocker and brought Losman down. Individual efforts: that's what this game was. But we need a team effort to win.

What was up with Orr today? He had a really good game, or so I thought.