PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Reggie Bush

TexasSportsFan4
11-17-2006, 04:00 PM
I've noticed a lot of Texans fans who are anti-Reggie Bush considering we passed on him for Mario Williams, and so far it looks like we may have made the better pick.

I'm just wondering how many of you like or don't like Reggie. To keep things simple, it's just a yes or no question.

Carr Bombed
11-17-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't know Reggie Bush

NFL Forum........

bah007
11-17-2006, 04:01 PM
I've noticed a lot of Texans fans who are anti-Reggie Bush considering we passed on him for Mario Williams, and so far it looks like we may have made the better pick.

I'm just wondering how many of you like or don't like Reggie. To keep things simple, it's just a yes or no question.

no.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
11-17-2006, 04:02 PM
No, not as an offensive threat. As a distraction? Maybe.

beerlover
11-17-2006, 04:03 PM
of course, more if he we're a Texan :ok:

Texansfan36
11-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Sadly I have to say NO, I want to like RB I really do, but BSPN has mad my life a living HE** with all the friggin highlights, and BSin on Mario. So until they finally admit that we didn't screw up and RB isn't the greatest thing since the football itself, I will never like RB.

Go TEXANS!!!:mario: :fireball: :bowser: :fans:

santo
11-17-2006, 04:12 PM
I picked yes.

I just don't like that he was compared to one of the greatest running backs of all time...Barry Sanders.

I would have been fine with the fact that he was a great running back coming out of college and that he had the potential to be a great back, but other than that, he was overhyped.

I hope he doesn't turn into Kijana Carter though.:twocents:

eriadoc
11-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I voted no, as in, I don't like him as a running back. He has never struck me as a back that can be an every-down, between-the-tackles type of back. Mix in a whole lot of unjustified hype, even more unjustified crucifixion of the team and we fans that didn't want him in the first place ....

Yeah, I don't like him.

LORK 88
11-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Im a self proclaimed Reggie Bush hater so no . . .

DRIFTAWAY
11-17-2006, 04:24 PM
im obligated to say yes, only because hes on my fantasy team.

bah007
11-17-2006, 04:28 PM
im obligated to say yes, only because hes on my fantasy team.

That sucks.

Does he ever get you many points?

swtbound07
11-17-2006, 04:29 PM
i hate him...wish he would go play in traffic

TexasSportsFan4
11-17-2006, 06:47 PM
For those of you who are saying that he was overhyped...

Don't you think it's a little soon to determine that? I agree that they have hyped him up quite a bit but he's only played a half of a season in the NFL and will likely get better as time goes on.

I'm on the fence really. I don't hate him but I really don't like him either. I voted yes mainly because he seems like an alright guy and not a thug.

mancunian
11-17-2006, 07:07 PM
could we have a couldn't give a toss about Reggie option in the poll?

Nawzer
11-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Hmm..I voted yes but that's based on what he did in college. He was simply and amazing player and many a times he did things I've never seen before. As a person I probably don't like him because of the shady dealings he had during his USC days. But that doesn't matter to me really. He is an amazing football player. And yes I was on the Reggie Bush bandwagon and I was crushed to say the least that we drafted Mario Williams. Not so much so about Mario's ability, but that we weren't able to get more with that no.1 pick. Yeah I know teams were not going to trade up supposedly. Anyway, Bush if off to a slow start and Mario is looking better each week. But it's still to early to say what the future hold for each. I'm hoping both become stars and have successful careers in the NFL.

Double Barrel
11-17-2006, 07:50 PM
I've got no reason to dislike the guy. idonno:

Do I hate the media hype? Of course. But I'm not one to like the media in general anyway. That goes without saying. I could care less what fish hacks and talking heads think about the Texans and their decisions. They will surely change their attitudes (like always) when Kubiak turns this team into a winning franchise.

But as a football fan, I hope Bush does well. It's enjoyable to watch good football players do their thing. It's like beauty and the beast all rolled into one, and it's a moving work of art, IMO.

Mr. White
11-17-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty ambivalent about the guy. Didn't vote.

Never really impressed me as a Running Back because I like the power runners better. If they just moved him to the slot and left him there, I'd like to see what he could do.

The only time I don't like him is when his fans come in here swinging on his jock while they're talking about how much Mario Williams sucks. Hasn't happened lately.

TexanSam
11-17-2006, 08:10 PM
I really wanted to draft Reggie Bush. I didn't slam the organization like other's did, but I was disappointed when he chose Mario instead. But because of all the media bashing that ESPN and everyone else did, proclaiming Mario as Same Bowie and Bush as Jordan, that made me dislike him.

OzzO
11-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Do I like him? Dunno - never met him.

Do I like him for what he did in his college days? Yes.
... for the focus he gave the Texans fans during their 2005 20 game preseason? Yes.
....for bringing all the trolls and couch GM's to the board during this offseason? No.
... for the media hype? No.
.... for bringing some glimmer of hope to N.O. after what they went through? Yes.
... for being a well payed decoy? Indifferent - not my account that's paying him.
... for his alleged dealings in college? If so, he'll get his. Karma's a beeya...
... for doing just enough to bypass him and let us get Mario? Yes.

thunderkyss
11-17-2006, 08:41 PM
I voted no, as in, I don't like him as a running back. He has never struck me as a back that can be an every-down, between-the-tackles type of back. Mix in a whole lot of unjustified hype, even more unjustified crucifixion of the team and we fans that didn't want him in the first place ....

Yeah, I don't like him.

I don't hate him.... I don't like him. but because of the reasons eriadoc mentioned, I never thought he was worthy of the #1 pick. In fact I'm insulted ESPN would try to "muscle" us into selecting Reggie with the #1 pick. They knew we didn't have a need at running back..... they knew our biggest problems were defense, and protecting the QB. With D'Brickshaw & Mario at the top of everyones list, I just don't see how they would assume we'd just take the pretty pick, at a position we didn't need, especially when that "pretty pick" doesn't fit the mold of a top ten running back.

In case you have trouble spotting them, that was a run on sentence.

RTP2110
11-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Neutral. He's not a Texan or a rival, who cares?

LikeABoss
11-19-2006, 01:46 AM
I voted yes:cool:

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-19-2006, 03:20 AM
I don't understand how you don't like Reggie Bush. Let me explain:

The question was "do you like Reggie Bush?" not "do you think Reggie Bush is good" or "do you think the Texans should have drated Reggie Bush" ... I mean the guy donates money to Katrina relief, he gives good interviews, he speaks like he's well educated, he doesn't gloat. I can understand how people think you guys should have drafted him and that bothers you all, but that's not his fault.

Give the guy a break. Everyone should have answered "yes" unless you know the guy personally and he treats you like crap.

V Man
11-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Sadly I have to say NO, I want to like RB I really do, but BSPN has mad my life a living HE** with all the friggin highlights, and BSin on Mario. So until they finally admit that we didn't screw up and RB isn't the greatest thing since the football itself, I will never like RB.

Go TEXANS!!!:mario: :fireball: :bowser: :fans:

Same here.

TexansLucky13
11-19-2006, 10:31 AM
I just don't like the Saints. Other than that I agree with the above sentiment.... ESPN has made me hate him.

Wolf
11-19-2006, 10:48 AM
I've got no reason to dislike the guy. idonno:

Do I hate the media hype? Of course. But I'm not one to like the media in general anyway. That goes without saying. I could care less what fish hacks and talking heads think about the Texans and their decisions. They will surely change their attitudes (like always) when Kubiak turns this team into a winning franchise.

But as a football fan, I hope Bush does well. It's enjoyable to watch good football players do their thing. It's like beauty and the beast all rolled into one, and it's a moving work of art, IMO.

ditto

Goldeagle
11-19-2006, 11:41 AM
I think most Texans fans hate the HYPE MACHINE around Bush, rather than Bush.

swtbound07
11-19-2006, 12:35 PM

The question was "do you like Reggie Bush?" not "do you think Reggie Bush is good" or "do you think the Texans should have drated Reggie Bush" ... I mean the guy donates money to Katrina relief, he gives good interviews, he speaks like he's well educated, he doesn't gloat. I can understand how people think you guys should have drafted him and that bothers you all, but that's not his fault.

Give the guy a break. Everyone should have answered "yes" unless you know the guy personally and he treats you like crap.

Let Me Explain. I hate reggie bush with a passion that is only surpassed by carlos beltran. The media has wronged houston because of him, and I hope both of his hamstrings explode out of his legs. Add that to the fact he's overrated and thinks the rules dont' apply to him, i.e. the house the boosters bought him, the cleats from addidas, the number 5, and the area code painted on his face. I feel perfectly justified in hating the man thankyouverymuch. Don't tell me how i "should" have answered the question.

hot pickle
11-19-2006, 12:46 PM
i like reggie bush, i think he's a one of a kind player, but he isnt showing now, but he will be good in the future

but i will tell you that i don't cheer for reggie, just because i want all the people sayin that houston is stupid for pickin Mario to be like wow i feel dumb

but best of luck to reggie in the future, just not this year

mexican_texan
11-19-2006, 12:47 PM

You don't understand because you're not in Houston. All 4 or 5 million people in Houston were called idi** by the media because the Texans passed on a "once-in-a-lifetime" decoy. I won't let that slide.

Dr. Toro
11-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Reggie looked like a real running back today, although not quite as decisive as you'd like. He was finally churning after contact today, it looks like he's improving a bit. He'll do well to be Brian Westbrook, which is no small feat.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-19-2006, 06:39 PM
I've always liked the guy. Who cares if he paints his area code on his face or wears those cleats? I mean I know that people call Houston "*****s" but it's not his fault.

I like him as a player and a person.

AlbinoRat
11-20-2006, 10:30 PM
The guy has plenty of talent. That is unquestionable. He is electrifying and can change a game. When he is in his element, he is unstopable. What's not to love.