PDA

View Full Version : Nice Owen Daniels Mention

Texans_Chick
11-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Link (http://afc-south.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/17/draft-recap-tight-ends-owen-daniels-is-better-than-vernon-davi/)

Best pick: Owen Daniels, Texans (Wisconsin) -- This guy is really, really good, a possession receiver who makes a huge impact in the red zone. He's a little on the small side, but he's a competent blocker as well.

moses77550
11-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Nice Find! I thought Daniels was a hell of a pick.

edo783
11-17-2006, 02:23 PM
When we picked him, I went Uhhh? We had Putz, so what do we need another TE for when we had soooo many holes to fill. Now, I think it was a great pick.

Texans Horror
11-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm trying to remember - what round did we get him in?

Owen Daniels has been a great boon to the Texans. I am nicely surprised at how well the draft class is performing in their first year, and I can only look forward to even better play in the upcoming years.

Brandon420tx
11-17-2006, 02:35 PM

Owen Daniels has been a great boon to the Texans. I am nicely surprised at how well the draft class is performing in their first year, and I can only look forward to even better play in the upcoming years.

First pick of the fourth round.

Sarg01
11-17-2006, 02:38 PM

Daniels was our 4th rounder. 1st guy taken on Day 2.

HOU-TEX
11-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Very nice read. I love the fact we have OD. He seems like a great guy as well. I look forward to reading his weekly diary on the Texans website every week. I still think Davis will be a good TE, but I'm stoked we ended up with OD.:bananasplit:

nunusguy
11-17-2006, 06:48 PM
After Marques Colston, maybe Owen is the best value pick in this years Draft ?
BTW, we need to get this guy an interesting, colorful nickname. "Owen" does
not sound like a TEs name. He studied Meteorology at Wisconsin. Maybe we call him the "Weatherman" ? But that's not very origional ? Surely
a more creative mind can come up with a good idea ? We can't have a TE named Owen. Don't want to dis the parents, I'm sure they love the name they gave their son.

Osso
11-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Just call him OD....that's what my buddys and I call him.

mancunian
11-17-2006, 07:05 PM
He's also mentioned in this article towards the end. Jist is start him on your fantasy team and that he is under rated.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/9810333

JDizzle
11-17-2006, 07:16 PM
It looks like we're gonna have to give Owen a nickname too.

the wonger need food
11-17-2006, 07:17 PM
There was one other mention of Daniels this week in the national media, but I can't remember exactly where. Either way, he is getting a ton of pub as of late.

If Kubiak could teach Carr to throw the ball down the middle to him... oh, the possibilities...

beerlover
11-17-2006, 07:34 PM

DeMeco was the BVP in the 2006 draft :)

Osso
11-17-2006, 08:34 PM
He's also mentioned in this article towards the end. Jist is start him on your fantasy team and that he is under rated.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/9810333

I have him and kellen winslow....with winslows WR numbers he's my starter but it's nice to know my buddy's can't use OD.

Mysteryhunt
11-17-2006, 08:39 PM
BTW, we need to get this guy an interesting, colorful nickname. "Owen" does
not sound like a TEs name. He studied Meteorology at Wisconsin. Maybe we call him the "Weatherman" ? But that's not very origional ? Surely
a more creative mind can come up with a good idea ? We can't have a TE named Owen. Don't want to dis the parents, I'm sure they love the name they gave their son.

OD is a sweet nickname.

nunusguy
11-17-2006, 08:50 PM
OD is a sweet nickname.
I dunno, but maybe we need an ode to OD ?

Hardcore Texan
11-17-2006, 09:36 PM
OD is a sweet nickname.

That does work well. I like it.

Ibar_Harry
11-18-2006, 12:07 AM
A little jab at some of you just to remind you this was a Casserly pick based on what Kubiak has said.

Texans_Chick
11-18-2006, 01:32 AM
A little jab at some of you just to remind you this was a Casserly pick based on what Kubiak has said.

Yes and no.

Casserly this year was picking for a particular offensive philosophy.

Tight Ends coach Brian Pariani values very intelligent, athletic, tight ends who can both block and catch. He likes ex-QBs. He says that on offense, the three positions he expects to know the most are QB, center and TE. Kubiak's system values TEs more than some other offenses do.

I am guessing Casserly pimped the pick based on what they were looking for. And what they already had.

Low Life
11-18-2006, 01:44 AM
I'll continue to call him owen.
(pronounced oweeeeen, like the hag in throw momma from the train)
have fun with OD.

Txn_in_FL
11-18-2006, 09:58 AM

Oooooooh, had to bring up "he who shall not be named". :tease:

Daniels is great, and a steal in the 4th. I think in a few years we will see this draft class as the one that kicked this team into the right gear.

rogerwilco
11-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Would you have preferred they name him "Sage?"