PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning was a mistake...

kcwilson
11-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Fun article to read about the NY Media throwing their hands in the air about the state of the Giants.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/472323p-397395c.html

Although it seems that the Giants have a good lineup on the field, they are playing the "What if?" card.

I guess everyone does love reading about Chaos, regardless of your team's record.

infantrycak
11-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Peter King commented on that trade on Inside the NFL saying it sure is hard not to say the Chiefs are the winners getting Rivers, Merriman, Kaeding and LT Oben out of that trade.

V Man
11-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Peter King commented on that trade on Inside the NFL saying it sure is hard not to say the Chiefs are the winners getting Rivers, Merriman, Kaeding and LT Oben out of that trade.

Everyone always says Peter King doesn't know anything about football. They must be right if he thinks that Rivers, Merriman, Kaeding and LT Oben play for the Chiefs. And here I thought it was the Chargers.

infantrycak
11-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Jeez--I am on a cranial flatulence roll this morning--Chargers obviously. :gun:

V Man
11-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Jeez--I am on a cranial flatulence roll this morning--Chargers obviously. :gun:

I just thought you where quotes Peter King. I knew you knew better.:)

Carr Bombed
11-17-2006, 12:16 PM
What I find funny is how Eli sucked his thumb and called for daddy and forced a trade out of the #1 spot and he's not even close to being as good as the person the Chargers ending up getting. Karma sucks doesn't it........

infantrycak
11-17-2006, 12:21 PM
The really funny thing about that was Manning complaining because he didn't want to go to a bad team and the Chargers (not Chiefs) go 12-4 and to the playoffs.

kastofsna
11-17-2006, 12:41 PM
how was oben a part of that deal?

infantrycak
11-17-2006, 12:45 PM
how was oben a part of that deal?

Well I didn't go back to verify what King said and he may be off but he said the deal was for Rivers, an additional 1st (Merriman) a third (Kaeding) and a fouth (Oben). I think he screwed up and it was fifth rounder Wesley Britt they got.

kastofsna
11-17-2006, 12:51 PM
ahh yeah that's right. they traded the 4th or whatever for oben. good move by the bucs. heh, some people were just bashing gruden on the radio for that here....