PDA

View Full Version : Mario Should Have His Biggest Game

the wonger need food
11-17-2006, 11:06 AM
If you thought our Offensive Line was in bad shape, stop over at Buffalo's message board (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/) and read about their problems. You will have to filter through the thousands of JP Losman threads, but they're in there.

Mario should get at least 3 sacks this Sunday.

The 2006 Bills are basically the 2005 Texans with a better defense. A loss in this game would be very disappointing.

eriadoc
11-17-2006, 11:24 AM
It looks like the Bills have two rookies at the right tackle position and a second-year starter at left tackle. Mike Gandy is in the mix somehow as well, but he's listed as a backup. Anyway, if Mario spends significant time against a rookie, I think he will have his best game yet.

PapaL
11-17-2006, 11:27 AM
All he needs is two healthy feet...oh wait. Hope he is feeling well this weekend.

wolfscar
11-17-2006, 11:31 AM
The 2006 Bills are basically the 2005 Texans with a better defense. A loss in this game would be very disappointing.

It's going to be an interesting one, and I think the quarterbacks are going to be the key to it. Carr is better than Losman, and all round our offense is far better than theirs (in terms of personnel). But their Defense is outstanding on paper.

If Mario and co can rattle Losman (which shouldn't be too hard given their current O-Line issues) and we can keep things simple for DC then we should be able to grind one out. If we can take their defense out of the game by not allowing turnovers then they don't have the weapons to beat our D.

I think this is one we should win

Malloy
11-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I hope they drug Mario up real good so he can have 60 minutes of havoc against Losman (60 minutes minus our posession ofcourse :)

kcwilson
11-17-2006, 11:46 AM
So I assume the strategy against Buffalo is wha the strategy has been against us for the past couple years.... blitz all day, every play.

With two young OL and a scatty QB, I assume we just try to contain the line and get as many guys in the backfield to force bad decisions.

HOU-TEX
11-17-2006, 11:50 AM
It's going to be an interesting one, and I think the quarterbacks are going to be the key to it. Carr is better than Losman, and all round our offense is far better than theirs (in terms of personnel). But their Defense is outstanding on paper.

If Mario and co can rattle Losman (which shouldn't be too hard given their current O-Line issues) and we can keep things simple for DC then we should be able to grind one out. If we can take their defense out of the game by not allowing turnovers then they don't have the weapons to beat our D.

I think this is one we should win

IMO, Losman is the least of our worries. Against the Pack he threw 15 times, completing 8. Against Indy he threw 12 times, completing 8. A combined 185 yards in two games is not something to be game planning for. 231 yards on the ground in the past couple of games is something to game plan for. On top of stopping the run, winning the turnover battle should be top priority. Buffalo has scored 2-3 times the past couple of weeks on fumble returns and Ints. Stop A-Train, win the turnover battle, there's no reason why we would lose.:twocents:

The Pencil Neck
11-17-2006, 01:17 PM
I hope they drug Mario up real good so he can have 60 minutes of havoc against Losman (60 minutes minus our posession ofcourse :)

No, no. Don't subtract our possession time. While our offense has the ball, Mario will be standing on the sideline glaring at him and rattling his cage.:wild:

El Tejano
11-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Carr needs to have games like the last two, where he was precise with the ball. This will be a tough game offensively. At this point we need to look to our defense to play hard for us again.

Malloy
11-17-2006, 01:48 PM
No, no. Don't subtract our possession time. While our offense has the ball, Mario will be standing on the sideline glaring at him and rattling his cage.:wild:

OK, I'll just hope for ST and D TD's :)

Texans_Chick
11-17-2006, 02:04 PM
I dunno.

In just watching the last game, you could see how messed up his foot was.

One play in particular, he was trying to chase a guy down field and it was painful to watch him run. Totally hobbling.

Maddict5
11-17-2006, 02:10 PM
If you thought our Offensive Line was in bad shape, stop over at Buffalo's message board (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/) and read about their problems. You will have to filter through the thousands of JP Losman threads, but they're in there.

Mario should get at least 3 sacks this Sunday.

you do realise losman throws it 7 times a game lol??

anyway im not expecting a big game from mario- his feet are bothering him and he was against some crappy backup for the jags and didnt do much- some pressure but no multiple sack game imo

The Pencil Neck
11-17-2006, 02:32 PM
I dunno.

In just watching the last game, you could see how messed up his foot was.

One play in particular, he was trying to chase a guy down field and it was painful to watch him run. Totally hobbling.

Yeah, it was kinda sad. But he was still able to lay the wood to li'l Reggie.

He's still a big strong kid.

Texans Horror
11-17-2006, 02:34 PM
We need more players than just Carr and Super Mario to play well. A big part of the win will include a lot of newcomers playing up. But this game's winnable, and the Texans tend to play to the team's standings, so they should bring it this Sunday. I hope for a win and no injuries.

TexanFan881
11-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Hopefully a big week here and then we play Oakland in a couple weeks who's pass protection has been horrible this year :)

TheRealJoker
11-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Im thinking the Bills will be like the Titans game earlier this year.

The Texans will focus on stopping A-Train and the plan will force JP to beat us. Didn't work in the Texans game because their Defense and Special teams scored points. But if we dont allow turnovers, dont commit stupid penalties, and our special teams plays solid football then I dont see any reason why JP will be able to beat us by himself.

Consider this game, if all goes well, to be how the Titans game would've gone had it not been for "the incident(s)"

Goldeagle
11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
I dont look for Mario to have big games with the injury

moses77550
11-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I think he will have 2.5 sacks(.5 with meco) and a couple swatted balls at the line.....and of course a few tackles.

hackitorcrackit
11-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah and I think that David Carr should be fired. After all this is a right to work state.

Carr Bombed
11-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah and I think that David Carr should be fired. After all this is a right to work state.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/search.php?searchid=240540

We get it......you hate Carr

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-18-2006, 01:07 PM
It should look and feel like this after the game.

jerek
11-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Us opening on the road and getting trounced by an obviously inferior Buffalo team was the start of all that ailed us last season.

A W at home will carry with it a sense of payback, this season. That said, these guys made it a game with Indy. This is winnable and it's rare that we go into a game the clear favorites, but we'd be foolish to look past them.

The Pencil Neck
11-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Us opening on the road and getting trounced by an obviously inferior Buffalo team was the start of all that ailed us last season.

A W at home will carry with it a sense of payback, this season. That said, these guys made it a game with Indy. This is winnable and it's rare that we go into a game the clear favorites, but we'd be foolish to look past them.

Step 1: Learn how to win the games we're supposed to win.

Step 2: Learn how to win the games we aren't supposed to win.

Right now, we're still on step 1. And there aren't that man games we're supposed to win.

The_Philster
11-18-2006, 05:30 PM
If Mario lines up at RDE..he might have a tough time of it. LT Jason Peters shut down both KGB and Freeney the last couple of weeks (Freeney's sack came against TE Robert Royal). RT Terrence Pennington is raw to say the least

Houston_Fanatic
11-18-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't think there is much they can do for Mario's foot. They can't give him pain killers because they have the side-effect of drowsiness and they can't do much with local numbing or he couldn't feel his foot and wouldn't be able to maintain coordination. I am no doctor, but I figure all they can do is tape his foot real good and he will have to play through the pain. They have the best doctors on their staff, so if there was something they could do to lessen his pain they would have.

I had a similar condition in my hand playing on the tennis team in high school. The trainer gave me whirlpool treatments and taped my hand and said it would go away after the season was over. It did. As long as I played, it kept irritating the tendon.

wolfscar
11-18-2006, 08:04 PM
IMO, Losman is the least of our worries. Against the Pack he threw 15 times, completing 8. Against Indy he threw 12 times, completing 8. A combined 185 yards in two games is not something to be game planning for. 231 yards on the ground in the past couple of games is something to game plan for. On top of stopping the run, winning the turnover battle should be top priority. Buffalo has scored 2-3 times the past couple of weeks on fumble returns and Ints. Stop A-Train, win the turnover battle, there's no reason why we would lose.:twocents:

This is all very true, but whilst Losman isn't an area to worry about he's a distinct weak spot that could be exploited. He's done nothing of value with the passing game offensively but what I meant by my earlier post was that if we can rattle him then he could serve to help our cause. I agree with you that the turnover battle is important, which I why I think it could be pivotal to throw a simple, solid game for DC and get up in Losman's face early and often.

I'm hoping that the losses to their O-Line will weaken their rushing game. Whatever the case though, our rush defense is going to have to step up this game as they're going to see plenty of action.

The Pencil Neck
11-18-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't think there is much they can do for Mario's foot. They can't give him pain killers because they have the side-effect of drowsiness and they can't do much with local numbing or he couldn't feel his foot and wouldn't be able to maintain coordination. I am no doctor, but I figure all they can do is tape his foot real good and he will have to play through the pain.

Well, I'm not a doctor either (where is CnD when you need him) but for plantar fascitis they'd probably give him corticosteroids to reduce the inflammation and temporarily reduce the pain. That won't cause drowsiness... at least, when I had a corticosteroid shot for bursitis, it amped me up for 24 hours. That should allow him to play.

Corticosteroids aren't banned in the NFL, are they?

The Pencil Neck
11-18-2006, 10:30 PM
If Mario lines up at RDE..he might have a tough time of it. LT Jason Peters shut down both KGB and Freeney the last couple of weeks (Freeney's sack came against TE Robert Royal). RT Terrence Pennington is raw to say the least

Mario bounces around from RDE to LDE depending on the formation. Either way, Pennington will either go up against Mario, Weaver, or Kalu. Pennington's going to have to step up and the Bills are going to have to give him some help or it's going to be a long day for the boy.

And although I wish the kid luck in the future, I hope he has a REALLY long day tomorrow. :)

ThaShark316
11-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Mario bounces around from RDE to LDE depending on the formation. Either way, Pennington will either go up against Mario, Weaver, or Kalu. Pennington's going to have to step up and the Bills are going to have to give him some help or it's going to be a long day for the boy.

And although I wish the kid luck in the future, I hope he has a REALLY long day tomorrow. :)

Pennington is next week...but i know u mean Losman.

The Pencil Neck
11-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Pennington is next week...but i know u mean Losman.

The Bill's rookie tackle is named Pennington, too.

TheIronDuke
11-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Cover 2 defense+end speed rushers+depleted offensive line=Texans loss.

run-david-run
11-19-2006, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE=Bandwagon;502861]Cover 2 defense+end speed rushers+depleted offensive line=Texans loss.[/QUOTE

Bad offensive line+ JP Losman- Willis McGahee+ really good Texans D (last 6 games we are 3rd in the NFL in D)= Texans win

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 05:08 AM
The Bill's rookie tackle is named Pennington, too.
exactly...Terrence Pennington
A Colts fan thought I was talking about the Jets' QB last week too..lol