View Full Version : Run game

Jawja Texan
11-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Lundy gonna be 50/50 with Gado?

Gado gonna get more touches?

Thoughts?

wolfscar
11-17-2006, 10:42 AM
I don't think they should be 50/50 because that doesn't allow one guy to be able to get some rhythm going. I would like to see them start Gado this week.He seems to be getting better and better and I think does a better job of wearing down the defense. I think Lundy will also capitalize off of this as he seems to have better vision and speed hitting the holes. Left,right..left,right!!! Lets knock them out !!!:crutch:

I'd like to see Gado start too. Maybe split the carries 70/30 - he's not had a chance to get into a rhythm this year and I'd like to see if he can break the kind of runs he was hitting last season.

kcwilson
11-17-2006, 10:49 AM
I'd like to see Gado play the whole game and let him wear down the defense. Seems to doa decet job in all facets of the game... Decent mix of power/speed and can pick up the blitz in the rare times he has been in, it appears that way anyways.

Let him run hard... 80-20 is my preferred split... 24 carries Gado, 6 carries/3 receptions for Lundy.

real
11-17-2006, 10:50 AM
I heard a comment from Kubiak and he said that he's pleased with the Lundy Gado combo...

El Tejano
11-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Anybody know what Bills run defense is like?

bah007
11-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Anybody know what Bills run defense is like?

Their D-line is beat up so almost every run play is gonna net positive yds.

But Spikes & Fletcher dont let too many RBs get past them.

I expect a lot of 4 yds runs but nothing longer than 10. And I'm fine with that.

Specnatz
11-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I would be happy with a 60/40 Gado/Lundy mix. The power of Gado and the change of speed of Lundy would work better for the Texans especially with the line being beaten up like it is (our line).

brewhaus
11-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I heard a comment from Kubiak and he said that he's pleased with the Lundy Gado combo...

I'm pleased with it too. This combo of running backs is not a long term answer for the Texans, but it is what we have now and I have seen it working to our advantage.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
11-17-2006, 03:37 PM
use Gado in short yardage situations and at the end of the game when we're running the clock out for the WIN!!!
My thoughts exactly. Majority of running should be in Lundy's hands for speed.
:texan:

TheRealJoker
11-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Im hoping Gado gets the tough yards so he can wear down the Bills linebackers so we can start running sweeps with Lundy and hitting OD over the middle later in the game.

TexHorns
11-17-2006, 09:51 PM
I dont really like either one but since I have to choose I say 60/40 Wali/Gado

Low Life
11-18-2006, 01:22 AM
I think the coaching staff is starting to get a good feel for each of their strengths. I don't think that they'll go to a running back by committe as a game plan for a single game but I don't see a reason why they shouldn't start who's stronger against a certain defense or start somebody based on what they've shown in practice that week. It seems that when one is down the other is more than happy to step up anyway. I would have to label that as a testament to good coaching. I don't think either back has a leg up on the other.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-18-2006, 10:06 AM
I thought Kubiak said Lundy will be rested a little so I think Godo will do the most of running this coming sunday. For the rest of season, Gado and Lundy are more likely to share and % will be decided whichever runs better on game day IMO.

Go Texans!!