PDA

View Full Version : Chester. "Gotta Love Him"

brewhaus
11-16-2006, 05:13 PM
I know this is a week old but I just read it and started laughing. This could be rated as a player "quote of the year".
After our win over the Jags.

From The Football Outsiders:

To win this game here is huge. Its bigger than a monkey off our back. No, its a cow. Its a longhorn.

Texans guard Chester Pitts

"Tell it like it is Chester!"

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/11/16/ramblings/week-in-quotes/4550/

Meloy
11-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I know this is a week old but I just read it and started laughing. This could be rated as a player "quote of the year".
After our win over the Jags.

From The Football Outsiders:

To win this game here is huge. Its bigger than a monkey off our back. No, its a cow. Its a longhorn.

Texans guard Chester Pitts

"Tell it like it is Chester!"

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/11/16/ramblings/week-in-quotes/4550/ You speak from what you know. I saw that comment & enjoyed it also. Pitts truly amazes me. He just keeps on ticking.

brewhaus
11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
You speak from what you know. I saw that comment & enjoyed it also. Pitts truly amazes me. He just keeps on ticking.

Yeah he does....and the big guy is "original" equipment too ! I am glad he playing guard now instead of tackle!

Texan_Bill
11-16-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm glad to see him back at Guard also. Thats where he belongs.

I also think that Chester is a pretty cool guy in that his dad is a police officer or detective (sorry Fred Weary), and he didn't play high school football because he went to a School for Mathematics. I beleive he was working in a grocery store while attending SDSU when Kyle Turley of all people noticed him and told him he should be playing football. I think Turley introduced him to SDSU's coach and the rest is history.

Goldeagle
11-16-2006, 05:43 PM
It was Turley AND Salaam who found him in that Grocery store.

I hang out at grocery stores hoping Andre Johnson will come in and tell me that a short fat irish guy CAN play WR in the NFL....Ya know, I can run really good routes :)

brewhaus
11-16-2006, 05:52 PM

I also think that Chester is a pretty cool guy in that his dad is a police officer or detective (sorry Fred Weary), and he didn't play high school football because he went to a School for Mathematics. I beleive he was working in a grocery store while attending SDSU when Kyle Turley of all people noticed him and told him he should be playing football. I think Turley introduced him to SDSU's coach and the rest is history.

Thanks for the low-down Bill !

Double Barrel
11-16-2006, 07:17 PM

yeah, that's an awesome story. Salaam told Chester earlier this year (off season) that they'd be playing together this year, and he was right!