PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch the Mud Bowl last night?

OrangeCountyTexansFan
11-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I caught the tail-end of the Miami (Ohio) and Bowling Green game last night and saw the missed field goal. Now that is what real football is about, played in the elements. No sissy turf and dome coverings for them. Looks like it was one heck of a defensive struggle. I would have loved to see it all the way through.
Did anyone watch the whole game?

kastofsna
11-16-2006, 01:19 PM
that wasn't real football, that was absurdly sloppy and ugly football.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
11-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I meant that is how real football should be played -- in the elements. Not on artificial turf or under a dome. That is one bad thing with the NFL, they are trying to turn it into a tea party or something.

kastofsna
11-16-2006, 03:50 PM
okie dokie. one of the most ridiculous opinions ever, but fine.

real
11-16-2006, 03:55 PM
That game bored me to death....:thud:

I changed the channel...I couldn't sit there and watch that whole game....

V Man
11-16-2006, 04:33 PM
I understand about Dome's taking away from the rain, snow, and the cold that make football great. But the turf still allows the game to be playable even in the elements.

TexansSeminole
11-16-2006, 05:07 PM
I too enjoy games like that one. Everyone covered in mud.

LORK 88
11-16-2006, 06:13 PM
for some reason this game reminded me of Any Given Sunday when they play in the "Monsoon Bowl" . . .

Yankee_In_TX
11-16-2006, 07:15 PM
I just saw the highlights on ESPN. LOL @ the "giggity giggity!"

On another note, go MAC Ohio teams!

Huge
11-16-2006, 08:28 PM
I caught the tail-end of the Miami (Ohio) and Bowling Green game last night and saw the missed field goal. Now that is what real football is about, played in the elements. No sissy turf and dome coverings for them. Looks like it was one heck of a defensive struggle. I would have loved to see it all the way through.
Did anyone watch the whole game?
There's an enormous difference between "defensive struggle" and "offenses that can't move the ball because nobody can hold on to it".

I never watch those games (you know, the "real" football games) unless I need a cure for insomnia.

I'll take properly executed plays over that crap any day.