PDA

View Full Version : D-line

TexansSeminole
11-15-2006, 03:40 AM
What are we going to do about our d-line?

run-david-run
11-15-2006, 04:58 AM
I think we need to add a Defenseive tackle if we can find one. For this season its down to the waiver wire, but for next year, we need a consistent push up the middle. However, I dont know of anyone worth going after in FA and we have bigger needs then a 3rd straight 1st round D-linemen.

wolfscar
11-15-2006, 06:29 AM
What are we going to do about our d-line?

For now, the only thing we can do: plug the holes that have been opened by injury as best we can. I'm quite pleased with who we've picked up, given the situation. Maddox shows a lot of promise for me, Dalton has been a good run stopper in previous years and we'll just have to wait and see what Killings can do for us.

Looking ahead though, we'll have Payne, TJ and Maddox who can all be starters and Dalton as a plug-in against the run. Plus we have Mario's ability to switch inside.
Unless we trade Seth or Travis, I don't see us paying much attention to DT in the offseason. If those guys can tie up offensive linemen and cut off the inside run then we have a lot of talent at DE in Mario, Weaver and Babin - with Peek showing flashes too - to disrupt the pass.

IMO we need to look at LB (everywhere except MLB), O-Line, CB, FS, RB, K and P before we go near the D-line.

Tayton
11-15-2006, 09:43 AM
If we were going to lose anyone on the defense, personal opinion is TJ is the easiest replaced.

bah007
11-15-2006, 11:09 AM
If we were going to lose anyone on the defense, personal opinion is TJ is the easiest replaced.

He is also the best trade bait because of his age & "potential" (he was a 1st rounder after all).

run-david-run
11-15-2006, 11:32 AM
He is also the best trade bait because of his age & "potential" (he was a 1st rounder after all).He was a Casserly first rounder, keep that in mind.

bah007
11-15-2006, 11:37 AM
He was a Casserly first rounder, keep that in mind.

Hopefully the rest of the league still holds Casserly in high regard even though we know better.

Texans_Chick
11-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Here's my discussion of all the injuries, with links to more info:

Link Texans FanHouse (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/14/texans-good-news-bad-news-get-win-but-three-players-put-on-ir/#cont)

Dline was already a weakness of the team. I don't see why the Jags didn't try to run more against the Texans. MJD wasn't effective, but Fred Taylor was in both games. (except for when he put it on the turf)

The Pencil Neck
11-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Dline was already a weakness of the team. I don't see why the Jags didn't try to run more against the Texans. MJD wasn't effective, but Fred Taylor was in both games. (except for when he put it on the turf)

I expect us to get tested by the Bills this week. They're probably going to take the air out of the ball and pound the A-Train.