PDA

View Full Version : How to fix Carr's low release!

[[Gary Kubiak]]
11-13-2006, 11:49 PM
You would not believe it, but I say drop him 7 steps and force him to step into the pocket.

Dirty Jags exposed us a little bit. Granted no team we will face has a front 4 like the Jags, D-linemen will be jumping up the air on 3 step drops and Carr will get a good portion of his throws batted down.

hot pickle
11-14-2006, 12:39 AM
once you have a low release its hard to get a higher release, i know when i play football, i have a low release and throwing normally is kinda tough, so i dunno if kubiak will be able to fix that

ccdude730
11-14-2006, 12:48 AM
mine is pretty average until i try to put some mustard on the ball and thats when i start to bring my arm down a little more. not sure about carrs situation.

i really doubt they are going to change his throwing motion after this game though. im sure if they do go against larger DT and his balls are being batted down they will start to roll him out of the pocket and have deeper drops for him to step up and push the defenders outside.

tsip
11-14-2006, 01:47 AM
Texans tried to fix his low release his rookie year, but had no luck. Palmer even had a ladder set up on the field with Carr throwing over it...

phan1
11-14-2006, 06:25 AM
Yeah, it's a hard thing to fix. I agree that the main difference will be the Oline improvement. When teams blitz up the middle, the line just moves backward and it looks like he has to throw over the Great Wall of China to find a reciever. A quicker release will also help. He should know exactly what to do if teams blitz up the middle.

mexican_texan
11-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Texans tried to fix his low release his rookie year, but had no luck. Palmer even had a ladder set up on the field with Carr throwing over it...
I found that hilarious...especially when Palmer said the problem was "fixed."

HOU-TEX
11-14-2006, 09:41 AM
];498961']I dont think you can fix that low release. I say we give him more real estate up front.

Carr putting air under the ball is his weakness. Might not seem like it after the Balls to AJ lately, but it is.

His best deep ball is a zinger 30-40 yards just traveling STRAIGHT and maybe maximum arch 10 feet from the ground. That is perhaps his most accurate throw...... what gets him in trouble is his set up time for this throw is SLOW. 2 seconds.

If Kubes can incorporate least 1 second of that 2 while carr is moving into the pocket. We could see the best of this guy.
l

Dang! 10 feet off the ground with the distance of 30-40 yards? I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that pass.

SESupergenius
11-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I didn't think there were too many problems for Carr and his release, in at least one of his his knocked down throws, he had a higher release point than normal. The Jags line is just pretty tall if you ask me.

TexanSam
11-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't think we'll fix his release. He's doing fine with an abnormal release, and in his 5th year I doubt they'll trying fixing his mechanics now.

Hulk75
11-14-2006, 05:04 PM
once you have a low release its hard to get a higher release, i know when i play football, i have a low release and throwing normally is kinda tough, so i dunno if kubiak will be able to fix that

Its not his release, have not had a problem but for one game, the Jags did not rush the QB and waited for him to throw, all they did was stand there and jump when they read his eyes.

Why dont John Henderson and his group of guys just put on 20 #s if they are going to do that all game.

TexanFanInCC
11-14-2006, 11:01 PM
his low release has nothing to do with the batted down balls. carr needs to be aware of the passing lanes. i wouldnt tamper with it anyways. never a good idea.

Double Barrel
11-14-2006, 11:10 PM

I found that hilarious...especially when Palmer said the problem was "fixed."

I remember all that, too. Dude has been taught more garbage in the past four years that it will take Kubiak longer than this season to undo.

YoungTexanFan
11-14-2006, 11:17 PM
The easiest way to prevent a batted ball is to cut down the trees.

3 step drops are meant as a quick passing route, and as a TE, I have been taught to cut anyone close to me on those plays. Force their hands down. They are offered an option, they can either take a helment to the knees and be crab-walked out of the play, or they can defend themselves with their hands. To me it doesn't seem like a hard concept for a 3 step drop.

Wolf
11-15-2006, 12:12 AM
I don't believe in the qb's release

young had the same release at UT

Carr has had the same release

Favre has a release that can come from anywhere

What I am getting at is when a TEAM wins.. noone cares

whe they are losing..we knitpick

Hulk75
11-15-2006, 09:45 AM
his low release has nothing to do with the batted down balls. carr needs to be aware of the passing lanes. i wouldnt tamper with it anyways. never a good idea.

Guess what when the d linemen dont rush there wont be any passing lanes, he has to use his eyes, and he will, Kubiak I am sure has told him.