PDA

View Full Version : Willis McGahee out indefinitely ?

brewhaus
11-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Is this game important enough for the Bills to put McGahee on the field hurt?
3 broken ribs may not be enough to keep him out.

Anthony Thomas could probably tow-the-line for the Bills, but I wouldn't be supprised to see McGahee starting on Sunday.

And, I thought I heard today that the Texans are a slight favorite to win this game....is this true?

TexanFan881
11-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I've heard that Willis could be out for up to another 3 weeks, so I'd be suprised to see him play this week. Anthony Thomas got 4 ypc against the worst rushing defense in the league, so he's definately stopable. Hopefully Willis we be out, that would be a good advantage for us, but he wasn't having the greatest year before his injury anyways. I'd be suprised for him to come out before he's ready.

With or without him, I think we'll win anyways :redtowel:

Texan_Bill
11-13-2006, 05:20 PM
I think we opened as 2 1/2 point favorite against the Bills

LORK 88
11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Is this game important enough for the Bills to but McGahee on the field hurt?
3 broken ribs may not be enough to keep him out.

Anthony Thomas could probably tow-the-line for the Bills, but I wouldn't be supprised to see McGahee starting on Sunday.

And, I thought I heard today that the Texans are a slight favorite to win this game....is this true?
Willis is out, 3 broken ribs has him out another 2 - 4 weeks apparently, he'd have to be crazy to try and play against us. A Train will get the start and while he isn't a very explosive runner, he could wear us down. Should be a fun game to watch.

TheRealJoker
11-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Our d-line is banged up right now and that worries me

brewhaus
11-13-2006, 06:52 PM

I heard that Joker..It seems too early in the season to be as banged up as we are now.

run-david-run
11-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah, two starters on IR, Mario banged up, Peek out for close to a month...ouch

Mysteryhunt
11-13-2006, 07:15 PM
imo a-train will get it done for the bills, though if we put up 21 points we win easy. texans win 21-17 imo.

The_Philster
11-15-2006, 01:54 PM
A-Train hits what holes the O-line can create quicker. If our O-line were better, I'd say McGahee is the better back...but A-Train can handle the poor blocking better

HOU-TEX
11-15-2006, 01:59 PM
From what alot of Bills fans say over on thier board, they'd rather have A-train running the ball. IMO, either one of them are liable to have a good game against us if our Dline doesn't show up. Let's hope our Dline backups can step up to the plate.:shades:

Grid
11-15-2006, 02:39 PM
if we are favored..we can kiss the game goodbye. We dont win games we are expected to win.

mexican_texan
11-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Battle of two of the AFC's best 'backers: TKO Spikes and DeMeco Ryans.

I have a lot of respect for Willis for his ability to come back from...I won't say it. I think he was the NFL's leading rusher early in the season. However, our D didn't give Ronnie Brown, Fred Taylor, Tiki Barber, or Travis Henry the kind of performance they would've gotten against 05's Defense. I think we can stop both McGahee and Thomas.

Hulk75
11-15-2006, 04:55 PM
His ribs are bad..............he is not playing on sunday.

The_Philster
11-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Battle of two of the AFC's best 'backers: TKO Spikes and DeMeco Ryans.You're giving TKO an awful lot of credit. Before his injury last year, I'd say he was one of the best in the NFL..he has yet to show he's nearly the same player

Double Barrel
11-15-2006, 06:04 PM

yeah, that's a big concern for me, too. Right when our D was just starting to gel and peform as a cohesive unit, we get the middle of our line gutted and have persistent injuries to other players.

Cruuuuuuuz
11-16-2006, 01:00 AM
He's not playing for sure. A-Train fits their scheme perfectly. I would fear them equally anyway, with the injuries we have on the d-line.

Hahahaha...too bad the Bills suck...WATCHOUT FOR LEE EVANS with Sanders hurt...thas what im worried about. Texans win by 3!

run-david-run
11-16-2006, 03:43 AM
i see A-train as a Travis Henry type back and we stoped him completley. Maybe i am foolish for placing my faith in this D, but the last 6 weeks have me believeing.

Mysteryhunt
11-16-2006, 06:32 AM
the D from the last 6 weeks has me believing too, the problem is the guys we'll be running out sunday aren't them for the most part.