PDA

View Full Version : Faggins.. A Difference Maker??

HeartofHouston
11-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Pre Faggins
220 yards per game
1.7 Tds per game
.1 Int Per Game

Faggins Return
196.5 yards per game
.5 TD
2.5 Ints per game)

His 2nd game back he snatches a pass right from a reciever's hands and makes an interception. Could Faggins be a difference maker for this defense or could it be just the fact that our defense is actually playing for 4 quaters now??

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Yes.

HJam72
11-13-2006, 12:33 PM
I think the biggest difference is that he is so much better than what we had before. The question is whether he has really gotten good, or is just avg. and still that much better than Buchannon, Lewis, McCleon, etc.

We should also remember that there are certain players that really have by far their best games against Jax, and I think Faggins is the leader of that category.

HJam72
11-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I am very glad to have him back, regardless.

Mr. White
11-13-2006, 12:37 PM
He's gotten dogged out around here, but I've always thought the guy makes big plays.

HJam72
11-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Well, I always thought Faggins was a good slot-receiver cover guy. I've never thought we needed to get rid of him or anything like that, but I didn't see him as a starter or #2 corner either. Maybe he is getting better. The strip/interception was a remarkable play, for one.

jerek
11-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Yes but it has a lot to do with our defense gelling. Faggins is an adequate DB and he's made a difference insofar as Sanders was just plain awful.

Kaiser Toro
11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Tenure and talent, coming off of injury, are starting to take hold. 45 points given up by a young defense, patched together, is highly commendable.

TexansLucky13
11-13-2006, 02:26 PM
I saw an improvement in both Faggins and Dunta yesterday. I am excited for both of them.

austintexanite
11-13-2006, 03:03 PM
I think it's a combination of both: Faggins was slated to start as the other corner, but we lost him early in traning camp, and the defence is starting to gel and play some pretty darn good football. Sanders is/was always getting picked on, but the guy never quits so I like that about him. Having Demarcus back is helping out the rest of the secondary as you can see that they're all starting to play with more confidence, but that can also be contributed to the play that our front four are starting to get after the QB. And, of course, Demeco is proven how great a young LB he is and how much better he will get.

rmartin65
11-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Before the season I would have said no. But looking how the D has turned it around, it sounds possible.

phan1
11-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Our obvious defensive improvements I think came from a lot of things. We showed a bunch of different looks at them yesterday, and all the players are playing with a lot of confidence. Everyone knows what they should be doing. But yeah, Faggins is definitely part of the reason. PBust and Sanders were just getting beaten all day before Faggins came in.

run-david-run
11-13-2006, 07:02 PM
The thing with Faggins previously is that he got beat deep and gave up lots of pass interfearence penalties, without those two, he was a pretty good corner. Anyway, I think its a combination of factors, such as Mario coming into his own, playing against worse offenses and Richard Smith getting a sense for what type of defense we are going to be. All in all, we have gotten better and it is pretty exciting. On the radio they said over the last 6 games we have been in the top 5 defenses in yards and points allowed, thats even better then i thought we were doing.