PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Ron Dayne

Jim Nayzium
11-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I want this thread focused on one topic only.

DAYNE should never play again.

Assuming we can debate till the sun comes up whether Gado or Lundy should play more...can I get a serious poll response that Dayne should never take another rep???

unless we are repping the Barry White Karoake night, then of course he wins hands down.

wolfscar
11-12-2006, 06:57 PM

Assuming we can debate till the sun comes up whether Gado or Lundy should play more...can I get a serious poll response that Dayne should never take another rep???

unless we are repping the Barry White Karoake night, then of course he wins hands down.

Dayne sucks. BUT history shows that he can serve a purpose for a dominant team that's grinding their opponent down late in the game. Right now, we're not that team, so until we are I think he should remain inactive.

texflex513
11-12-2006, 06:57 PM

I think considering the state of our O LINE this season Dayne or the other backs havent really gotten a fair shake on running the ball i would love to still see him play when our line is a little more consistent and injury free maybe next season, but for now gado and lundy are our best 2 options. I say dayne stays.

Texan Asylum
11-12-2006, 07:00 PM
There have been times that he's came in and gotten some much needed ground. But that would be the only scenario...at times.

TexansLucky13
11-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Ron, I would like my chili dog with extra cheese and some ketchup, please.

mexican_texan
11-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Are you kidding? Ron Dayne is our best decoy.

FanFromCali
11-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Too slow yet does not play like a big back should. Congratulations on a great college career but the the NFL is not for him.

LORK 88
11-12-2006, 08:21 PM
too big, and too weak to be anything; Like Jonathan Wells, but at least 10x worse.

OzzO
11-12-2006, 08:56 PM
depends if we can afford to lose another lineman when he rolls up on them

brncoz1fan
11-12-2006, 09:55 PM

What is so special about LUNDY? I have not been watching the Texans lately (too painful) but seems his numbers aren't anything to write home about. Seems he had a couple of good games last month with some long runs but his numbers have been falling off since then. LUNDY 3.8 YPC, GADO 3.2 YPC and DAYNE 3 YPC. YPC wise not much difference in all your backs. Nice to see GADO step up today but it would be foolish to not want DAYNE on your team. Especially a team like the TEXANS. Anyway, I thought our offense was bad all the way around until I watch a Texans game. I would take Carr over Plummer the Bummer any day.

V Man
11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
I voted "hotdogs" because it was funny.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_9_8.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_9_8.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_9_8.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_9_8.gif

I voted Never. Wanted to vote for him getting the Hot Dogs, but I don't think any of the Hot Dogs would make it back to us.

HeartofHouston
11-13-2006, 10:03 AM
i anticipated Dayne performing well in this system considering the fact that he's been in a zone blocking system since he's years at Wisconsin. but he's not performing well at all after all this time so i say.. Send Him For Hotdogs.

coachdent
11-13-2006, 11:11 AM
I'll take Ron Dayne and his trailer trunk behind on 3rd and 1 rather than Sage on a QB sneak. I'm thinking Ron and his twinkees can muster up a yard a little easier than the toughest backup in the NFL.

bah007
11-13-2006, 11:13 AM
I'll take Ron Dayne and his trailer trunk behind on 3rd and 1 rather than Sage on a QB sneak. I'm thinking Ron and his twinkees can muster up a yard a little easier than the toughest backup in the NFL.

No doubt.

Dayne doesnt do much with the ball but he ALWAYS falls forward, which is really good in that situation.

Jim Nayzium
11-15-2006, 07:17 PM
You did realize I was being sarcastic about Sage running QB sneak right?

Did you see the third down play before Gado got the one yard?

thunderkyss
11-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Dayne should be starting.

& I'm not his cousin.

Kaiser Toro
11-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Dayne should be starting and I used to krump with his cousin.

JDizzle
11-15-2006, 08:43 PM

I just spit up some of my soup. Classic.

PapaL
11-15-2006, 09:13 PM

That is signature material! Love it. Can I quote you on it?

Kaiser Toro
11-15-2006, 09:23 PM
That is signature material! Love it. Can I quote you on it?

No problem.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-15-2006, 09:41 PM
How did he win the Heisman? I don't understand.

mexican_texan
11-15-2006, 10:02 PM
How did he win the Heisman? I don't understand.
He could overpower and outrun the weaker college players.

vtech9
11-15-2006, 10:18 PM
I still want to see either Dayne or Gado let go, because I want to see Chris Taylor get activated and get some game experience. I think he would do well for us.

mexican_texan
11-15-2006, 10:20 PM
I still want to see either Dayne or Gado let go, because I want to see Chris Taylor get activated and get some game experience. I think he would do well for us.
I think Kubiak is waiting on Gado to pick up the playbook and play well enough to be assured that Dayne is of no longer use and he can activate Chris Taylor. Until then, Dayne is the only RB that knows the playbook.

Cruuuuuuuz
11-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Please...release him.

run-david-run
11-16-2006, 03:05 AM
Ron Dayne breaks the wrong kind of tackles (ours) when he plays, he should be reserved for hot dog duty only.

run-david-run
11-16-2006, 03:07 AM
He could overpower and outrun the weaker college players.

Look at the last three running backs to win the Heisman: Dayne, Ricky, and Reggie. Two of them suck in the NFL (right now at least) and the other is in Canada. College success does not always equal NFL success.

TexHorns
11-16-2006, 03:28 AM
Dayne sucks. BUT history shows that he can serve a purpose for a dominant team that's grinding their opponent down late in the game. Right now, we're not that team, so until we are I think he should remain inactive.

Yeah, Grind'em down 8 inches at a time:slap: