PDA

View Full Version : Our defense CAN dominate!

phan1
11-12-2006, 06:29 PM
I remember Kubiak commenting on how well our defense has played the last couple weeks, but he also wants them to believe that they can go out and dominate as well. And it looks like we can too! We haven't had a good defense since Aaron Glenn left us! Even I was expecting our D to totally collapse at some point (especially after how our Offense and Chris Brown didn't do them any favors), but it didn't happen. Our defense totally won this game for us today. We have something really special going on. 4 picks?!? I gotta be dreaming here.

The defensive playcalling was really good too. It looked like we threw a whole lot of different looks at them, and our players knew how to execute on every play. Really impressed with what Smith has done with this defense. He's a guy who's lkearning as well, so he's going to grow and get better with the rest of our young team.

And I'm also glad we got Wynn. He wasn't great or anything today but I think he's an obvious upgrade.

HeartofHouston
11-13-2006, 09:25 AM
I just took a while for all of them to adjust to the system on defense but it's starting to come together.. HOWEVER you can never be TOO good on defense.. (see Baltimore and Denver)

I think we should upgrade a little bit more at the Safety and LB position. Imagine how much better we could be if we pick up a ball hawk safety and stud LB.

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
So. How many of you still hate Richard Smith?

joedinkle
11-13-2006, 12:12 PM
You can scratch my name off the haters of Richard Smith list.

TexanFanInCC
11-13-2006, 12:13 PM

i hated him before (through the first 3 games of the season) when our defense look underprepared and uncoordinated. ill give him some props for turning it around. i dont know how much of it has to do with us learning a new system, but before, guys were just out of position and not making tackles. thats not the case anymore. guys are flying to the ball, making punishing hits, and are not allowing the big plays. another thing i notice is the DB's are playing tighter coverage and are doing a good job of avoiding pass interference.

real
11-13-2006, 12:24 PM

I am still dissapointed in his early calls and schemes....

But I never wrote the guy off...I tend to reserve final judgement because I know people or teams can "turn it around"...