PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else kinda excited that Winston is starting?

TheRealJoker
11-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I know he's a rookie, but im kinda excited that he's starting now. We all know what Wiegert can do and we also know that Wiegert is probably not gonna me here for more than 1 more season.

Enter Winston:

Its time to see if Winston has the potential to be a fixture on our o-line now. How he plays in the next 7 games will have major implications not just on him but on the entire Texans team imo.

If Winston proves he can start for this team, then we already have one position of the o-line locked up for the future. I dont know about you guys, but im rooting for T-Rex to become a fixture on this o-line for years to come!!!:marionaner:

Runner
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
It will be interesting to see what he has. A lot of posters have already counted him a franchise tackle on very little evidence. It appears he'll lbe thrown into the fire now only because the coaches' hands have been forced.

I wish him luck; it would be nice to see him do well.

TheRealJoker
11-12-2006, 07:03 PM
CAVEMAN SMASH!!!

WAR T-REX!!!:francis:

alphajoker
11-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah, me too! He looked pretty strong on the 4th and 1 play when they ran to his side. He got a good push on the line for the first down to ice the game.

brewhaus
11-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I am glad Winston will be getting a shot at it now. He needs the opportunity to show what he can do and due to the events of this season, he may as well play as much as possible because nothing is at risk as far as the teams post-season hopes.

SuperMario
11-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Out with the old in with the new. It's the theme of this years Texans and i'm loving it!:marionaner:

Ibar_Harry
11-12-2006, 07:29 PM
No!

Crazyhorse
11-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Not only am I excited but I have been saying it all along that this kid is the real deal. Eric should be playing a lot more at this point than he has. maybe after today the coaches will finally realize what they have.
His leg is 100% and yes that push on 4th down was huge!!! That has been my concern to date that we get no push in the running game. maybe now we will see it. CONGRADULATIONS ERIC keep it up and become the leader that I know you can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Hey IBAR open your eyes and see the future !

Runner
11-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Anyone notice that in our first goal line situation the Texans used Winston as a tight end? It brought back memories of the jumbo set they used with Wand his rookie year.

West Texas Texan
11-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Big E blew his assignment 4 yards off the ball on that 4th and 1. Also, did you notice that he drove his man to the point of going horizontal. I've watched the Texan tackles standing around after plays all season. Let's hope Salaam's knees hold up for the rest of the season.

If they run to the right with Winston there, I think we'll see an improvement in our running game.

TexanFanInCC
11-12-2006, 07:53 PM
im glad he is playing more. he has played well everytime ive seen him out there. the commentators made some awesome comments about him when he opened the gap for gado to convert the 4th down to win the game.

the wonger need food
11-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Very excited about Winston starting and the future of this offensive line. It will be nice to get rid of Weigert and McKinney and their contracts next season.

alphajoker
11-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Anyone notice that in our first goal line situation the Texans used Winston as a tight end? It brought back memories of the jumbo set they used with Wand his rookie year.

Yeah, I remember the stadium announcer say that #73 was an eligible receiver. I kind of like that formation, gives Kubiak lots of options.

HeartofHouston
11-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah I'm excited about Winston and i have a good feeling about him playing the position regarded as a top 10 pick before the injury and we got him in the third round. First play in the game they run to his side and he pushes thru and we seal the game. Go Winston..