PDA

View Full Version : Williams stick

Paragon Blue
11-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Did anyone see Mario Williams on the fake end-o-round? He lit up Reggie Williams!!!

Video would be appreciated!!!!

Texas
11-12-2006, 04:53 PM
yea that was fire

Sco-tai
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Oh man! The camera pulled away from it, but you could still hear it! The announcers were talking about it, too. Would love to see it.

One of the announcers commented that Williams "decapitated" him. LOL

D'oh!

:fireball: :crutch:

Todays game was an ugly win...but at this point...I'll take any type of win I can get!

:shades:

run-david-run
11-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Oh man! The camera pulled away from it, but you could still hear it! The announcers were talking about it, too. Would love to see it.

D'oh!

Todays game was an ugly win...but at this point...I'll take any type of win I can get!

when you were 2-14, all wins are beautiful!

Marcus
11-12-2006, 05:01 PM
If they got decent video of it, ESPN should have him on "Jacked UP" tonight.

Sco-tai
11-12-2006, 05:02 PM
If they got decent video of it, ESPN should have him on "Jacked UP" tonight.

THAT'S RIGHT! I forgot about that segment.

It DEFINITELY should make the cut!:francis:

NEROtheZERO
11-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Dunta straight layed the wood on Drew-Jones as well.

Carr Bombed
11-12-2006, 05:32 PM

It wouldn't of been if Kris would just do his damn job.......I'm done with that guy, its time we get a real NFL kicker.

whiskeyrbl
11-12-2006, 06:14 PM
What time do they do the all jacked up?

TexansLucky13
11-12-2006, 06:16 PM
What time do they do the all jacked up?

MNF, halftime

whiskeyrbl
11-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanx, I work nites and usually Sundays so I was not familiar with it .:francis:

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 09:27 AM
SOmeone please say they have this hit recorded and uploaded. I was at work and I didn't get to see it.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
11-13-2006, 09:33 AM
MNF, halftime

First four are done right before the opening kickoff normally the last segment of the pre-game show, then the #1 is shown at half time!

Edit sorry quoted to the wrong person ment to hit Whiskeyrbl.

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 09:35 AM
harder than earl's tap on shockey?

santo
11-13-2006, 09:38 AM
];498005']OMG!!! It was soooo brutal! PD................ twas like a damn rag doll and Jaws.

Could have killd the guy. It was that brutal.

Yes it was....makes me wonder if Reggie Williams will try to fake a handoff again on the side of Mario Williams.

I'm surprised he was able to get back up...:fireball: :crutch:

texaslifter
11-13-2006, 09:43 AM
For those of you who have the equiptment and know-how needed to do it, PLEASE make a computer video of the ENTIRE jacked up segment! I want to see!

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 11:29 AM
];498016']The most brutal hit by a texan ever!
:mario2::mario::marionaner:

Oh man. I need to see this.

Paragon Blue
11-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Please somebody anybody!!!!!

The Pencil Neck
11-13-2006, 12:07 PM
If the guy's CLEATS had cleats, THEY would have been de-cleated, too.

Wicked shot.

Paragon Blue
];498222']I'll just describe it

Jags fake the reverse to the left side and mario was there:

1) mario hits the dude on the upper body so hard
2) Both of Reggie's legs come flying up the ground to the height of marios's head
3) Mario then drives the SOB to the ground

This all happened in 2 seconds! Not the delayed "ill pick you up and slam you" this was like POWWWWW!!!!

I saw the hit I just want to see it again.

powerfuldragon
Good thing MNF is on tonight.

Brandon420tx
11-13-2006, 02:55 PM
For those of you who have the equiptment and know-how needed to do it, PLEASE make a computer video of the ENTIRE jacked up segment! I want to see!

We don't know for sure if it will be on, after all it is ESPN, theres also a matter of camera angles.

ccdude730
11-13-2006, 03:00 PM
i got my itunes episode of the texans @ jags game on my laptop and you can see the hit on there.

TexansLucky13
11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
We don't know for sure if it will be on, after all it is ESPN, theres also a matter of camera angles.

ESPN will probably show 5 different angles of R***** B*** jumping into the endzone.....

Sportsfan
11-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Good God i gotta see this hit, i missed it.
Hopefully it'll make Jacked Up, but like Lucky 13 said, those ESPN clowns will be showing that glorified punt returner, errrr Reggie Bush play over and over and over. :rolleyes:

prostock101
11-13-2006, 03:34 PM
i got my itunes episode of the texans @ jags game on my laptop and you can see the hit on there.

Where on Itunes did you go to download it?

JDizzle
11-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Where on Itunes did you go to download it?

If you go to the TV Shows section of the Music Store, click on "NFL Network" in the Networks section. Then click on the Texans logo and you can D/L highlights from all their games for $1.99.

Chicagotexan1
11-13-2006, 04:42 PM
I can't speak for anyone else but I'm cheap and I ain't paying. I'll just have to wait.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
11-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I can't speak for anyone else but I'm cheap and I ain't paying. I'll just have to wait.

I don't think of myself as cheap just thrifty. But the main reason is because I'm BROKE. And like you I'll wait also. But I really do want to see the hit man is ESPN going to Piss me off if thay dont show it.

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 05:20 PM
I'd put money on the fact that it's not the top jacked up tonight.

real
11-13-2006, 05:22 PM
I'd put money on the fact that it's not the top jacked up tonight.

I doubt it makes it period...

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 05:23 PM
I doubt it makes it period...
I thought that too, but i didn't post it for fear of sounding too pessimistic.

the wonger need food
11-13-2006, 07:28 PM
I just watched it again. First play for the Jags in the 4th quarter Reggie Williams goes into motion and circles to the backfield for a fake handoff. Mario is waiting for it and absolutely crushes him. Of course the "analysts" in the booth don't even see it.

ccdude730
11-13-2006, 07:36 PM
I just watched it again. First play for the Jags in the 4th quarter Reggie Williams goes into motion and circles to the backfield for a fake handoff. Mario is waiting for it and absolutely crushes him. Of course the "analysts" in the booth don't even see it.

radio guys saw it. i forgot his name, but once the play was over he started laughing over the air about how mario almost killed him.

on a side note: if you do buy the episode, the play by play and commentary is by the local radio guys. however, your just able to hear him laugh and it goes to the next play before he explains his laughing

GP
11-13-2006, 07:58 PM

I heard one of them mention it.

He chuckled and made some sort of comment or reaction.

I think the play ran up field and so they focused on the resulting play and not on what happened at the beginning of the play.

I could have sworn one of the guys said something or had an "Ooooooh!" reaction to it.

run-david-run
11-13-2006, 08:00 PM
somene needs to upload it to youtube

run-david-run
11-13-2006, 08:09 PM
they just had jacked up...i missed number 5, but either mario is 1 or he isnt on there

cmpatel
11-13-2006, 08:10 PM
....the hit wasnt 2-5 on "jacked up"....maybe its number 1???? if not....iono what jackson is thinking....:mario:

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 08:13 PM
#2 was pretty friggin big. I've never seen someone's ear pad fall out.

Carr Bombed
11-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Atleast D. Ryans made it :boxing:

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Atleast D. Ryans made it :boxing:
What number was he? All i managed to catch was the tail end of #3 and #2.

gameguy89
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM

D'oh!

I still haven't seen the game, but I was listening to it on the radio. Near the end of that drive, Williams dropped a ball and one of the announcers commented that he was probably still dizzy from getting destroyed by Williams and should go on the sidelines to take a rest.

Low Life
11-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Demeco got Number 5 and I'm pretty sure that Mario got #1 because they showed it in the jacked up segment preview before break. 2 out of 5 aint bad.

edo783
11-13-2006, 08:41 PM
I bet the hit on Kitna gets #1.

powerfuldragon
11-13-2006, 09:22 PM
What time does halftime start?

BradK10
11-13-2006, 10:14 PM
okay DAYUM that Kitna hit was plain nasty...yall are sayin the Mario hit was better?

damn i hate myself for forgetting to tivo the game while i was at nascar yesterday

TexanFan881
11-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Mario's hit wasn't on there. DeMeco's was #1. The Kitna hit was #1.

Youtube anyone??? Please!!!

Goldeagle
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Id say Earls hit on Shockey was just as good. I would not say Marios was better, but it was a GOOD HIT! They never showed it, which sucked. That is what you get with like the 30th best TV crew.

TexansLucky13
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Mario DESTROYED Reggie in the backfield.... I couldn't believe my eyes.

I want to see it again, too!

mexican_texan
11-13-2006, 10:21 PM
okay DAYUM that Kitna hit was plain nasty...yall are sayin the Mario hit was better?

damn i hate myself for forgetting to tivo the game while i was at nascar yesterday
Definitely better. Though that was siiiick.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
11-13-2006, 10:25 PM
just saw the half time Jacked-up and Demeco was #5 and the Kinita hit was #1, IMP #2 the green bay running back getting his helment, ear piece, and mouth piece sent in three different directions has to be one of the best hits of the year. Sorry no love for Mario from ESPN but earlyer did get to see RB's leap into the endzone on a split screen about three or for times.:sarcasm:

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
11-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Does anyone remember at what point in the game the mario hit took place? I have it on tivo and can burn it to a dvd and see if I cant upload it.

TexansLucky13
11-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Does anyone remember at what point in the game the mario hit took place? I have it on tivo and can burn it to a dvd and see if I cant upload it.

I believe it was in the 2nd half but I don't know for sure.

sprtsfanatic
11-13-2006, 10:35 PM

If Im not mistaken it was the first play of the 4th qtr...but I could be wrong...

ccdude730
11-13-2006, 10:37 PM
I believe it was in the 2nd half but I don't know for sure.

it was in the 4th quarter with 9:58 left

maximustyson
11-13-2006, 11:22 PM
They didn't show it again, but GOD I wish i could see it again. The jags did a fake reverse and Mario planted one of the Jag's wide recievers, it was brutal. You could hear the crack big time over the dolby digital! I just wish the wr would have had the ball!

:mario2:

sprtsfanatic
11-13-2006, 11:25 PM
there is already a thread in search of some video of this....you gave way too many people on this MB way too much hope with your title...please search and add to a thread vs starting a new one on the same subject...thanks.

maximustyson
11-13-2006, 11:26 PM
That was great ignore my post higher up talking about same thing /bonk

sprtsfanatic
11-13-2006, 11:36 PM
and just so your on the look out for it like the rest of us...there is a fellow texan fan that has the game recorded (tivo I think) and he's trying to locate the exact time of the hit in order to upload it to youtube....so here's to hoping he is successful in doing so.:mario2: :mario: :marionaner:

edo783
11-13-2006, 11:54 PM
I think the reason that Mario's play didn't make it on "Jacked-up" is because it wasn't a play directly on the ball/ball carrier. If Williams would have actually had the ball, it would have made it, but the ball went the other direction.

The Pencil Neck
11-14-2006, 12:00 AM
I think the reason that Mario's play didn't make it on "Jacked-up" is because it wasn't a play directly on the ball/ball carrier. If Williams would have actually had the ball, it would have made it, but the ball went the other direction.

I agree with that but... you know... I bet that every wide out that we play from here on out is going to look at that and refuse to run that play against us.

Specnatz
11-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Keye spit in my eye and blurred my vision so I missed the damn thing.

vast321
11-14-2006, 03:16 AM
I know someone DVR'd/TIVO'd this. Please if you have a nice video card in your computer, PUT THAT BAD BOY TO USE. Easy as putting your video/sound rca cables from your tivo/dvr in the input of it! DO IT! Good Lord! Where is the resident technology nerd????

:francis:

real
11-14-2006, 09:04 AM
I heard one of them mention it.

He chuckled and made some sort of comment or reaction.

I think the play ran up field and so they focused on the resulting play and not on what happened at the beginning of the play.

I could have sworn one of the guys said something or had an "Ooooooh!" reaction to it.

You're right...I didn't see the play, but I heard afterward one of the TV guys mention it, and then they showed the reciever walking off the field shaken up...

The Pencil Neck
11-14-2006, 10:07 AM
I know someone DVR'd/TIVO'd this. Please if you have a nice video card in your computer, PUT THAT BAD BOY TO USE. Easy as putting your video/sound rca cables from your tivo/dvr in the input of it! DO IT! Good Lord! Where is the resident technology nerd????

:francis:

I've got it tivo'd but I don't have a computer I can download it to. Sorry.

But I'll watch it a few more times and think of you.

Chicagotexan1
11-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Not to be a tease, but this is only 1-4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ1UaHWbHx8

sprtsfanatic
11-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I still think that Mario's hit was way better than any of those...thats weak that he always gets robbed of credit for his well doing.

Doug
11-14-2006, 01:25 PM
I want to see the hit again just as bad as the next person but I completely understand why he wasn't on Jacked Up. All in all he bit on a fake and hit the wrong person....that's what it comes down to. I don't consider him being robbed. I do feel the fans were robbed by not having an opportunity to see it again whether via replay or ESPN.

YellerLotYeller
11-14-2006, 02:17 PM

Hilarious!

Sportsfan
11-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Ok, Yeller, you get the funniest avatar award. Ron the Hedgehog dressed as Super Mario, freakin hilarious!! :rofl:

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
11-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I am in the process of burning a copy from my tivo to a dvd. I have never used youtube etc is it easy and or possible to upload it direct from a dvd format?

Freakin Newbie!

TexansLucky13
11-14-2006, 03:30 PM
I am in the process of burning a copy from my tivo to a dvd. I have never used youtube etc is it easy and or possible to upload it direct from a dvd format?

Freakin Newbie!

You are probably going to have to use a program to cut it into pieces. I think there may be a size limit on youtube, but I am not sure.

Any experts on the subject?

vast321
11-14-2006, 03:50 PM

Alright, but make sure you do 5 jumping jacks right after the mario hit :mario2:

bah007
11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
I want to see the hit again just as bad as the next person but I completely understand why he wasn't on Jacked Up. All in all he bit on a fake and hit the wrong person....that's what it comes down to. I don't consider him being robbed. I do feel the fans were robbed by not having an opportunity to see it again whether via replay or ESPN.

Are you crazy? He did his job. Give him credit, dont take it away.

Backside DE & CB MUST stay at home on a reverse.

So far Mario has shown a tendency to overrun plays, but on this one he stayed at home and did his job.

He didnt do anything special but this is a sign of how far he has already come in terms of field awareness. He was able to recognize what was happening around him & knew that his job on a reverse as the backside DE was to stay at home, and he did it.

Brandon420tx
11-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Are you crazy? He did his job. Give him credit, dont take it away.

Backside DE & CB MUST stay at home on a reverse.

So far Mario has shown a tendency to overrun plays, but on this one he stayed at home and did his job.

He didnt do anything special but this is a sign of how far he has already come in terms of field awareness. He was able to recognize what was happening around him & knew that his job on a reverse as the backside DE was to stay at home, and he did it.

and Reggie Williams got JACKED UP!

There we go.

chuckm
11-14-2006, 04:27 PM

You ever play organized football? On defense?

TexanFan881
11-14-2006, 04:35 PM
I am in the process of burning a copy from my tivo to a dvd. I have never used you tube etc is it easy and or possible to upload it direct from a dvd format?

Freakin Newbie!

If you need a program to try and rip the DVD, go here (http://www.imtoo.com/)

If you upload the whole DVD, that would be one huge file and would take awhile.

You could probably use Windows Movie Maker to chop it up and take out the juicy part (the mario hit!!!)

I'm not going to lie, I have never ripped a DVD, but I've played with video editing.

Good luck and I'll keep trying to help you if you need it and let me know if you need more help :thumbup

Doug
11-14-2006, 07:52 PM
You ever play organized football? On defense?

I played rec, jr. high, was a 4 year letterman at my high school, and 2 years at Sam Houston State, DB from start to finish. What does that have to do with my previous post?

sprtsfanatic
11-15-2006, 12:03 AM
good question...i was wondering the same thing.....Hmmm????

TexansSeminole
11-15-2006, 03:49 AM

He didn't bite one a fake. How does he know the receiver will not be handed the ball? There was a split second time difference from when he could honestly see that the ball was not handed off to the receiver and when he hit the receiver. IMO there is no reason to take a chance and not hit the reciever to go chase the ballcarrier from behind.

Looked to me like covered the play perfectly on his end, gave the reciever a good lick too.

chuckm
11-15-2006, 07:01 AM
I played rec, jr. high, was a 4 year letterman at my high school, and 2 years at Sam Houston State, DB from start to finish. What does that have to do with my previous post?

Just wondering if you were familiar with the concept of not breaking containment and staying at home .... something Williams has struggled with from time to time .... he did exactly what he was supposed to do on that play ...

phantom17
11-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Just wondering if you were familiar with the concept of not breaking containment and staying at home .... something Williams has struggled with from time to time .... he did exactly what he was supposed to do on that play ...

Hahaha! Maybe Mario thought to himself...screw containment, & just wanted to STICK IT to someone wearing a Jag uniform (with ball or no ball)!:shades: :mario2: :marionaner:

CoachJim
11-15-2006, 08:11 AM

Thats basic defensive football brother. Even as far down as the level I coach at (LLeague, 7-8 year olds) I coach them to take out that particular runner, ball carrier or not. That play could turn out to be a QB throw-back or something of that nature, but mainly it's for future reference to that reciever so that if he runs said play again, he can expect similar results ... makes for a slower, more cautious, and ultimatley extremley timid runner.

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
11-15-2006, 09:03 AM
It turns out you really can teach an old dog new tricks! After several failed attempts with editing software it appears we finally have success! I hope its not to late!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56dGduRc1I4

goodnews boy
11-15-2006, 09:33 AM

It was good he hit him. I guarantee this. If he would have followed the play, they would have ran a reverse later in the game. Also with him making a big hit tells the rest of the league "Don't run that crap over here!"

real
11-15-2006, 09:38 AM
It turns out you really can teach an old dog new tricks! After several failed attempts with editing software it appears we finally have success! I hope its not to late!

Much Rep Coming Your Way...

Edit: it appears I've given out too much...but I won't forget...

real
11-15-2006, 09:54 AM
I've watched that video atleast 25 times...

YellerLotYeller
11-15-2006, 10:10 AM

I've gotta be workin on 20 myself.. wish the aftermath was shown.:wacko:

TexansLucky13
11-15-2006, 10:28 AM

Same. I am very much looking forward to Mario doing that to the other Reggie next year in Reliant.....

Specnatz
11-15-2006, 10:52 AM

Much props!! :highfive: :perfect10:

Doug
11-15-2006, 11:25 AM
He didn't bite one a fake. How does he know the receiver will not be handed the ball? There was a split second time difference from when he could honestly see that the ball was not handed off to the receiver and when he hit the receiver. IMO there is no reason to take a chance and not hit the reciever to go chase the ballcarrier from behind.

Looked to me like covered the play perfectly on his end, gave the reciever a good lick too.

Did he hit the guy with the ball? No, he hit the guy the ball was faked to! Y'all act like I'm picking at Mario. I happen to like the guy alot, my point was that people shouldn't be upset that it wasn't on Jacked Up and make it out to be bigger than what it was. I think everyone is reading way too far into my post. And for you Chuck, hitting the first guy to come your way without the ball is not outside containment. The running back cut in the direction where Mario was supposed to be, how is that containing the outside? Being a CB and containing the outside means you read first then react, not the other way around because you're taking a chance on losing containment. I would think for a DE the standards would be pretty close to the same.

run-david-run
11-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Same. I am very much looking forward to Mario doing that to the other Reggie next year in Reliant.....

Yeah...cant wait for Reggie to look at Brees in the huddle, look over at Mario, and say "I aint runnin that!"

bah007
11-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Did he hit the guy with the ball? No, he hit the guy the ball was faked to! Y'all act like I'm picking at Mario. I happen to like the guy alot, my point was that people shouldn't be upset that it wasn't on Jacked Up and make it out to be bigger than what it was. I think everyone is reading way too far into my post. And for you Chuck, hitting the first guy to come your way without the ball is not outside containment. Had the running back cut in the direction where Mario was supposed to be, how is that containing the outside? Being a CB and containing the outside means you read first then react, not the other way around because you're taking a chance on losing containment. I would think for a DE the standards would be pretty close to the same.

I agree that people are reading too far into your statement.

But you said you played DB for a long time. And as a former CB I would say that Mario did his job perfectly.

On a reverse, every defense I ever played on was taught to keep the backside DE & CB at home.

Mario was never gonna catch the RB running the other way so it doesnt matter if the WR had the ball or not. At least we taught the Jags a lesson.

I didnt see any more fakes on the reverse.

run-david-run
11-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Did he hit the guy with the ball? No, he hit the guy the ball was faked to! Y'all act like I'm picking at Mario. I happen to like the guy alot, my point was that people shouldn't be upset that it wasn't on Jacked Up and make it out to be bigger than what it was. I think everyone is reading way too far into my post. And for you Chuck, hitting the first guy to come your way without the ball is not outside containment. The running back cut in the direction where Mario was supposed to be, how is that containing the outside? Being a CB and containing the outside means you read first then react, not the other way around because you're taking a chance on losing containment. I would think for a DE the standards would be pretty close to the same.

Seeing as Gerrard didnt hand the ball to the running back, Im not surpirsed he hit him. 99% of the time you have the receiver coming around and the QB fakes to RB, he is going to hand off on an end around. Mario was just doing his job, with some emotion.

YellerLotYeller
11-15-2006, 11:48 AM

The RB didnt have the ball either. I believe this was a double fake QB keeper. Which means either way they didn't want to run it in his direction at all. The DB shadowing R. Williams just watches Mario deck him and then watches Gerrad run right where he was. He blew the containment more than Mario did. Anyway if they dbl fake it his way he needs to make them pay!

Doug
11-15-2006, 11:49 AM
I give up......maybe I'm just not doing a good job of putting my thoughts into words.

YellerLotYeller
11-15-2006, 11:52 AM
I give up......maybe I'm just not doing a good job of putting my thoughts into words.

Yay......we win. Mario is perfect!!

real
11-15-2006, 11:56 AM
IMO, the play wasn't that big of a deal on Marios part....There is no amount of coaching that will make a player not fall for a fake if he thinks the guy doesn't have the ball...If you think the guy has the ball you take him out...

Had they really handed the ball of to him would you all have wanted Mario to just let him go ???

He thought the guy had the ball so he hit him...do you all realize how fast things move out there ? You don't want your guys to be checking to see if he has the ball or doesn't have it...defense is about reading and reacting...He thought he had the ball, and he reacted accordingly....

HOU-TEX
11-15-2006, 12:09 PM
IMO, the play wasn't that big of a deal on Marios part....There is no amount of coaching that will make a player not fall for a fake if he thinks the guy doesn't have the ball...If you think the guy has the ball you take him out...

Had they really handed the ball of to him would you all have wanted Mario to just let him go ???

He thought the guy had the ball so he hit him...do you all realize how fast things move out there ? You don't want your guys to be checking to see if he has the ball or doesn't have it...defense is about reading and reacting...He thought he had the ball, and he reacted accordingly....

As a former DE (not even close to the ranks of the NFL) I was always coached to contain the outside and not to overpersue the run. Staying parallel to the los while making reads. From what I gather from the clip, he made the correct read and reacted. Now it would've been cool if he took both Williams and Garrard down at the same time.:marionaner:

sprtsfanatic
11-15-2006, 01:49 PM
and that hit is with one arm....he clothes lined the guy and he came flying off of his feet. What an awesome show of pure strength and power.

Jack Flush
11-15-2006, 02:07 PM
The running back cut in the direction where Mario was supposed to be, how is that containing the outside?

Williams was caught in a trap. The Jaguars' left guard blocks down on Anthony Maddox (RDT) and the Jaguars' left tackle releases to the second level to engage a linebacker. The play is designed like that because there were two fake run actions that will draw the right defensive end to the weak side. If the first -- Reggie Williams' end-around -- doesn't fool Williams, the fake hand-off to Fred Taylor will. The key point is that neither action was designed to force Williams to choose between the two - just to keep him from moving laterally, where the play was designed to go.

In essence, Williams was neutralized before the play even began due to his position. The fakes are there for good measure and to prevent the safeties from getting an easy read on the play.

TxAg
11-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Man it looked like Reggies head came off his body on that play:crutch:

TexansLucky13
11-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Man it looked like Reggies head came off his body on that play:crutch:

It ain't nothing compared to the J-Train, though!

Gig'em!

TxAg
11-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Dude El J Trian and the Ags should be 10-0 right know if coach Fran would have used him more on goal line instead of passing we would be without a loss right now GIG'EM AGS

BTHOTU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:francis:

pancho
11-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Thanks, it was great but needs renamed "The Hit ESPN was afraid to show".