PDA

View Full Version : This One Is On Kubiak

the wonger need food
11-12-2006, 02:44 PM
If the Texans choke away this game it is soley on Kubiak. He called a horrible game, especially inside the opponent's 30. Playing not to lose does not win football games as we found out in the Dom Capers era. A very disappointing performance by this football team on a lot of levels, but especially the coaches.

LBC_Justin
11-12-2006, 02:53 PM
If the Texans choke away this game it is soley on Kubiak. He called a horrible game, especially inside the opponent's 30. Playing not to lose does not win football games as we found out in the Dom Capers era. A very disappointing performance by this football team on a lot of levels, but especially the coaches.
I think he should be fired. Right now.

with a 2-6 record going into Jacksonville i personally DEMAND that the Texans DOMINATE the 5-4 Jacksonville. I will expect no less.. Fire Kubiak now!!!:francis: :francis:

joedinkle
11-12-2006, 02:57 PM

Sorry to disagree, but if we lose this game, it is soley on the shoulders of Kris Brown.

jonO_miller
11-12-2006, 02:58 PM
yea if we loose this game kris brown should be at fault. Anyone know what happend to david carr?

Cgold
11-12-2006, 02:58 PM
agreed. KB

the wonger need food
11-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Is Kubiak trying to lose this game with these play calls. This is amazingly bad.

LBC_Justin
11-12-2006, 03:02 PM
I think he should be fired. Right now.

with a 2-6 record going into Jacksonville i personally DEMAND that the Texans DOMINATE the 5-4 Jacksonville. I will expect no less.. Fire Kubiak now!!!:francis: :francis:

chuckm
11-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I guess we can delete this thread now ... huh?

the wonger need food
11-12-2006, 03:05 PM
What a weird game. Nice call at the end to pick up the first down.

TexansLucky13
11-12-2006, 03:06 PM

Yea. I guess Kubiak knows what he is doing huh?

Jeeez.

utahmark
11-12-2006, 03:08 PM

yes that was on kubiak alright. one of the gutsiest calls ive seen in a while.

Sco-tai
11-12-2006, 03:09 PM
HAHAH

:ok:

Indy
11-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Damn you Kubiak for getting a win, damn you!

Let's fire him now! I hear Dennis Green might be avaliable next year...should we crown him?

alphajoker
11-12-2006, 03:11 PM

Dude...are you bi-polar? :um:

texasguy346
11-12-2006, 03:12 PM

Of course if the Texans didn't pick up the first down on that play we'd see countless threads calling for Kubiak's head. I was surprised by the call, but it's nice to have a coach who has confidence in his players for a change.

gwallaia
11-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh geez. What if that "great call" to get the first down on 4th down did not work?

Marcus
11-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Of course if the Texans didn't pick up the first down on that play we'd see countless threads calling for Kubiak's head. I was surprised by the call, but it's nice to have a coach who has confidence in his players for a change.
Maybe you ought to go check that "Two Minute Warning" thread.

chuckm
11-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey ... where'd the "Wonger Should Be Cut" thread go?????

FLYmeatwad
11-12-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure why they didn't let Gado run it on third, he was comin off two big runs and they let Sage go with it. Who does he think he is, David Carr?

Hulk75
11-12-2006, 03:24 PM

Shew fly dont bother me!
http://static.flickr.com/22/33346358_1b859a56ac.jpg

OzzO
11-12-2006, 03:24 PM
sounds like a McDonalds commercial.

"some fans": Kubiak you're fired.
Kubiak: but fans, I got this win for you.
"some fans": Kubiak, you're rehired and given an extension.

FirstTexansFan
11-12-2006, 03:29 PM
I must have a mullet radar, I ignored Wonger long ago...now if you guys would just quit using the *&#*# QUOTE FEATURE, I wouldn't have to see anything this guy types....now, let him fade off into the sunset while he chokes on that crow ;)

Big J
11-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Alright seriously...I was not a fan of him going for it on 4th and inches...but seriously...fire Kubiak? Shut up. Our offense is not up to par...but seriously if you dont see dramitic improvement in both Carr and the team as a whole your retarded.

the wonger need food
11-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Nobody wants Kubiak fired, but he did call a terrible game. It should not have come down to that play. They only scored 1 touchdown out of 6 solid opportunities, but the playcalling was terrible. I expect Kubiak to take responsibility for that this week.

michaelm
11-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Oh geez. What if that "great call" to get the first down on 4th down did not work?

What if chicken little fans zip their traps and enjoy a win without dissecting every freaking play?

edo783
11-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Frankly, I didn't like the 4th down call, but the win is great. If we hadn't made it........I doubt we win. They would have a pretty short field and the least they probably would have got was 3 Pts. for the tie and with momentum going into OT, I suspect they take the day.

chuckm
11-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Why would anyone not like the 4th down call? If you can't make a half yard, you DO NOT deserve to win, IMO. :twocents:

DenverBorn
11-12-2006, 04:13 PM
I like the 4th down call. Hey we're 2-6, on the road, not going to the playoffs, wth. He probably figured we had a better chance of making it on 4th and inches than if we punt, jacksonville has the ball with 1:30 to play, only needing a FG. What's the downside of going for it? We lose? I think the upside benefit of the call outweighed the downside risk, so I was glad he did it

I am coming around on Kubiak. Letting players like Buchanon and Sheppard go. Benching Carr in the scond half against the Titans. The players are getting the message. Let's see if he has the guts to deal with the Kris Brown situation, and bring in another kicker.

OzzO
11-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Why would anyone not like the 4th down call? If you can't make a half yard, you DO NOT deserve to win, IMO. :twocents:

DING! Yeah, it would've sucked if we went for it and didn't make it - but flip side, I'm glad our coach has juevos out and have some faith in his team unlike the previous style played of "pull the eggs in tight and play prevent".

They were interviewing John Granato on 610 and he asked Calhoun as they were heading to the bus if he's the one that called the 4th down play, and Calhoun said no - it was all on Kubiak and also that Sherman came to Kubiak and said "here's a play that will work if you want to run it."

Dig that.

edit - DB - I agree with you as well. What's the worse? We lose on the road... been doing that for a few years now.

stingray
11-12-2006, 04:23 PM

Why do you always have to be so negative. You were already blaming somebody before the freaking game was over!!

Wolf
11-12-2006, 04:24 PM
thing like that gives confidence to a team..

Runner
11-12-2006, 04:29 PM

I was for the call make it or not. (See my opinion on the two minute drill). The coaches just told the offense they had confidence in them AND they told the defense the same thing. If we had come up short the coaches were counting on the defense to hold.

What if chicken little fans zip their traps and enjoy a win without dissecting every freaking play?

It's a message board and the Texans are far from perfect. We talk about the good plays when the team loses as well as the bad plays when the team wins.

Hulk75
11-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Nobody wants Kubiak fired, but he did call a terrible game. It should not have come down to that play. They only scored 1 touchdown out of 6 solid opportunities, but the playcalling was terrible. I expect Kubiak to take responsibility for that this week.

I am glad it came down to that, showed what kind of attitude Kubiak wants for our team, showed our players that we are not scared of anyone at anytime.

GREAT JOB Kubiak!:tease:

although he did call the bootleg too much and I like Samkon Gado, hits the whole faster!

TexansLucky13
11-12-2006, 05:11 PM
although he did call the bootleg too much and I like Samkon Gado, hits the whole faster!

I agree with this. Bootlegging on a 3rd and 15? Did I miss something?

As far as Samkon is concerned... I like him a lot. He showed a lot of vision today and even though I noticed that he missed a few cutback lanes he generally went where he could get the most yards. Lundy is still the man though, IMO.

zeplin
11-12-2006, 05:19 PM

You Guy's ,Kubiak can't kick the field goal's for Mr Brown or punt the ball for Stanley. We should be incouraged by the last few weeks progress.This is the best football team that Mr Mcnair has ever put togather.we have never had a team this good to root for in the last 5 years. We should be excited that our defense is shapping up to be a such formidable group. We held them to 10 points!!!!

Go KUB!!

real
11-13-2006, 07:59 AM
I knew we were going to go for the 4th and short as soon as the refs said we were short....The call was great....period....

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
11-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Put it this way Capers would have played it safe and punted. Kubes whent the other way and showed faith in the players on the field.

It was a game winning call this time!

When a coach makes this kind of call he is going to be one of two things: Goat or Hero.

Mr. White
11-13-2006, 08:15 AM
This thread

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/coreyvice/frankenstein4.jpg

jerek
11-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Dude...are you bi-polar? :um:

Just short-sighted and impatient.

Jim Nayzium
11-13-2006, 08:59 AM
What I like is how everyone here is talking about what a great call...Well it was a great decision to go for it on Fourth down, but the call was sort of mediocre...

Didn't anyone notice that there was unblocked defender standing in the whole and Gado had to push his way forward for the first down...

I can just see Kubes saying, "yep..nice work fellas just like we drew it up...we always like to leave the playside end unblocked on off-tackle right...worked well for us that way when we took elway to the super-bowl...."

Great Gutsy move going for it, agreed....but the terribel two play rhythm of Sage on third down, awful play on fourth down....

either way, Gado was the man for that run....Lundy gets tackle before he makes the first down, and Dayne gets tackled before he crosses the line of scrimmage...

Kaiser Toro
11-13-2006, 09:02 AM
The call and execution of the play got a result against a divisional opponent on the road. Kudos all around as wins just do not fall out of the sky for this team. We earned that win, within the framework of the game, on both sides of the ball.

goodnews boy
11-13-2006, 09:33 AM
I am glad it came down to that, showed what kind of attitude Kubiak wants for our team, showed our players that we are not scared of anyone at anytime.

GREAT JOB Kubiak!:tease:

Here is a quote
"You've got to give your team a chance to win," Kubiak said. "Was it the smartest thing? I don't know, but where we are headed with our football team we got to send a message to our football team about the way we are going to play and what we are going to be about."

real
11-13-2006, 09:35 AM
I can just see Kubes saying, "yep..nice work fellas just like we drew it up...we always like to leave the playside end unblocked on off-tackle right...worked well for us that way when we took elway to the super-bowl...."

You are clueless...

michaelm
11-13-2006, 09:48 AM
It's a message board and the Texans are far from perfect. We talk about the good plays when the team loses as well as the bad plays when the team wins.

I agree, and fully support the right to express one's opinion as the previous poster did.
I also support my right to express my opinion of their opinion...

SESupergenius
11-13-2006, 09:52 AM
If Chad Stanley was playing well and could kick a Coffin Corner kick then I'd say it was better to kick it and let the defense hold them. But given the fact that we could end the game on our terms right there and then with a little yard push was good enough for me. But geez, all season long we couldn't ever get a yard for a first down in these types of situations. It was just a gut check time for this team, and Kubiak called them on it.

Double Barrel
11-13-2006, 09:59 AM

I agree. Kubiak basically told his team that if you want to win, then make the ball move a few inches forward. He put the burden on the players, and they responded. He, and the team, needed that gut check.

What if, what if, what if...we can play that game all season and be 9-0 in our heads. All that matters is scoreboard, and we got a W.

I am coming around on Kubiak. Letting players like Buchanon and Sheppard go. Benching Carr in the scond half against the Titans. The players are getting the message. Let's see if he has the guts to deal with the Kris Brown situation, and bring in another kicker.

Yeah, because it takes a lot of guts to deal with a kicker? :um:

I don't think Kubiak will have a problem 'dealing' with the kicker situation when he had no problem benching our $8 million dollar QB for half a game. Brown is the least of my worries. He either starts making kicks, or he's playing for someone else next season.