View Full Version : MW Ballin

Wolf
11-11-2006, 12:52 PM
i can't find the picture,but Giants were mad

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/468768p-394481c.html

Mario's jumper has Giants hoppin' mad

BY RALPH VACCHIANO
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

The Giants take their jump-shot celebrations very seriously. So they were not happy yesterday when it was mocked by Houston defensive end Mario Williams and QB David Carr.

"Horrible," said Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce. "It was horrible by them. But it's props to us. At least it shows they watch TV down in Houston."

Added center Shaun O'Hara: "I think it was insulting as well."

The crowd at Giants Stadium obviously agreed, since they loudly booed Williams after he celebrated his second-quarter sack by faking a jump shot - mimicking the "Ballin'" celebration the Giants defense has been using since the bye week. O'Hara was so bothered by it he gave the rookie a shove.

"I just wanted to let him know this is our basketball court," O'Hara said. "He's entitled to do that. I wanted to make sure he knew it wasn't going to happen again."

Afterward, Williams sheepishly pleaded ignorance. "I didn't know it was a patented move for the Giants," he said. "I apologize."

Williams didn't do it again, but Carr did after his two-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter. Oddly, his jump shot drew a penalty for a "group celebration," though it wasn't clear who else was part of the group.

"Imitation is the biggest form of flattery," said Michael Strahan. "And ball out all you want. We will ball out with that 'W' and we will pack you back to Houston. If everyone wants to shoot the jump shot, thank you. Winning is all we care about.

wow big babbies

Wolf
11-11-2006, 12:53 PM
AND ANOTHER THING: Williams didn't just annoy the Giants with his jump shot. He also drew their ire on the third play of the third quarter, when he drew a late-hit penalty for shoving Eli Manning out of bounds. Guard Chris Snee rushed to Manning's defense on the sidelines, even though the penalty was questionable at best.

"I didn't even see the hit, I just saw Eli go flying," Snee said. "I saw the end result and I saw the flag go up, so I figured it had to be something."

that something was called home cooking
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=494958&postcount=15

that link is a v man post and his avatar has MW ballin

Wolf
11-11-2006, 12:55 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-614919460918995557&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en

video of best play of Mario career so far

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah, they got plenty of home cooking, and they still had to have a fumble by cook to win the game.

Wolf
11-11-2006, 01:01 PM
"Giants offensive tackle Bob Whitfield, a 15-year veteran and former first-round pick by Atlanta, had this to say about Mario Williams: "The son of a gun is almost inhuman out there for how big and thick and solid he is. And I caught it firsthand because I said to myself, `Don't give the young kid a sack.' But I don't call it a sack when he actually dislocates your whole left side of your body when he hit me. It was almost like he needed to have a penalty for tearing up an old man. I actually told him, `Slow it down, young fellow.' He's strong. He's big. He's got it. He's going to be a force to be reckoned with.""

don't know where that was quoted and was on another mB
http://boards.ign.com/football/b5105/130637148/p2

dtran04
11-11-2006, 01:09 PM
I wish our players would get feisty and get some fire going. I think mocking teams for their stupid celebrations are great. Using Van Gundy's term, we seem to have too many "milk drinkers" on this team.

Wolf
11-11-2006, 01:29 PM
that video, I really didn't pay attention to Whitfield. my eyes just watched mario and eli.. wow, whitfield went sprawling.

Vinny
11-11-2006, 01:31 PM
It was a nice moment but Bob Whitfield was a freshman in College before many of you guys here in this forum were born....he's not that good anymore.

Khari
11-11-2006, 01:32 PM
why is a football team doing a basketball game move to celebrate... :spy:

Wolf
11-11-2006, 01:36 PM
not sure maybe Mario could "calf rope " him next time :heh:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1091765360516674951&q=calf+roping&hl=en

yellow flags would fly I am sure

ThaShark316
11-11-2006, 01:37 PM
It'll be alot of ballin' on Sunday when the Bears get 24325326543265 Sacks on the Giants.

Hulk75
11-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Michael Strahan. "And ball out all you want. We will ball out with that 'W' and we will pack you back to Houston. If everyone wants to shoot the jump shot, thank you. Winning is all we care about.

Obvoisly not since there is a whole flipping article about you guys crying about the stupid jump shot thing you made up.

Hey Starahan how about finish the game before you shoot your mouth off, Did you quit because Zack Wiegert was owning you?

They dont want to see us again!

texan279
11-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Cry babies...

alphajoker
11-11-2006, 02:49 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-614919460918995557&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en

video of best play of Mario career so far

Thanks Wolf! Man, I've been trying to find a video of that sack for the past week. I was hoping it would be on the NFL Network recap but of course, they didn't show it. That was indeed his best sack so far. Keep 'em coming Mario!!!:marionaner:

Carr Bombed
exactly, with all this crying, I've lost whatever respect I had for the Giants and Strahan, especially.

Cry me a freaking river

run-david-run
It was a nice moment but Bob Whitfield was a freshman in College before many of you guys here in this forum were born....he's not that good anymore.

go look at the next two plays where he does the same thing to petigout

Wolf
11-11-2006, 02:50 PM
I hate to be greedy, but I would have liked for this video to show the next 2 plays also

alphajoker
11-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah, that whole series was a Mario highlight. Even the next play when Meco got the sack. Mario blew right through the line and opened it up for Meco to get in and take Eli down. These two guys have a bright future ahead of them.

shinerbock_girl
11-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Oh their just upset Mario got a hold of Cabbage Patch Doll Manning followed by another sack from DeMeco...

The Pencil Neck
11-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh their just upset Mario got a hold of Cabbage Patch Doll Manning followed by another sack from DeMeco...

And THEN another almost sack/almost fumble (possible backward lateral) for Mario.

shinerbock_girl
11-11-2006, 04:55 PM
And THEN another almost sack/almost fumble (possible backward lateral) for Mario.

Maybe Mario knocked out his pacifer and stepped on it...

mexican_texan
11-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Mario Williams could be a drug dealer and the biggest bust ever, but I wouldn't care if he celebrated like this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2680007770420555328&q=carlton+dance&hl=en)

thunderkyss
11-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Hate to bring everybody off their high....... but I've been wanting to ask all week, without starting a new thread.

But Mario was abusing the Tackles all day, on both sides of the line. Why did he have such a hard time with Shockey??.... to put it mildly, Shockey owned him. He outsmarted Mario, Out muscled Mario, and flat out out played Mario...... He didn't need a double team or anything.

Shockey vs Mario one on one, Shockey won every time.

The Pencil Neck
11-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Hate to bring everybody off their high....... but I've been wanting to ask all week, without starting a new thread.

But Mario was abusing the Tackles all day, on both sides of the line. Why did he have such a hard time with Shockey??.... to put it mildly, Shockey owned him. He outsmarted Mario, Out muscled Mario, and flat out out played Mario...... He didn't need a double team or anything.

I have to admit I've recently started watching DE's more than I ever have before because of Mario. I've seen lots of people post how a DE should never get owned by a TE but... I've seen a few TE's do well against Mario one on one but I've also seen TE's do well against other DE's in the league. I was kinda wondering if there's something to being lighter and having better footwork that helps when blocking a big guy like a Mario? Is that why the Denver blocking system goes to lighter guys?

mexican_texan
11-11-2006, 05:05 PM
TE's are faster, quicker than OTs.

Wolf
11-11-2006, 07:11 PM

Shockey also owned whoever we had covering him.

eriadoc
11-11-2006, 11:44 PM
I'm not a big fan of Shockey, but the guy is good. It's no surprise that he had a good game against us. He's the all-around package, blocking, catching, and running.

Seeing Red
11-11-2006, 11:55 PM

Mario usually gets chipped by the TE, but is also blocked by the Tackle. I don't see many other dominate DE players deal with that well either. But you're right Shockey is a great athlete and I can see that matchup being a stalemate or worse for now. But Mario will get better soon enough. Kinda scary if you think about it (for opposing O-Lines).

LBC_Justin
11-12-2006, 05:22 AM
It was a nice moment but Bob Whitfield was a freshman in College before many of you guys here in this forum were born....he's not that good anymore.LOL
that is the vinny I have come to know.

you have a pattern to your posts whether you notice it or not.

The overwhelming theme is that...
You are the needlle to the fan's balloon of hope. When fans start feeling good about someone you quickly come in and suck the air out of it with comments like this.

everyone is a fan in their own way, i guess.

Austrian
11-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Mario Williams could be a drug dealer and the biggest bust ever, but I wouldn't care if he celebrated like this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2680007770420555328&q=carlton+dance&hl=en)

:rofl: That would be too funny! :rofl:

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
11-12-2006, 10:42 AM

MT this is one of the best. As I was watching it I was thinking Mario and DeMeco. LOL Great Post and Great Clip. Thanks for the laugh.

Carr Bombed
11-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Well now the Giants can whine about Da' Bears, because Da' Bears are Ballin' all over them.

After the feild goal attempt return the Balled on them and they did it another time.

I see a lawsuit coming.

Their move isn't anything different from giving teams bulletin board material

Carr Bombed
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Whats the deal

The Bears are Ballin all over them and Giant fans are just taking it.

Its okay if they do it, but we can't, I'm going to laugh everytime someone balls on them from here on out.

Wolf
11-12-2006, 10:30 PM
I saw someone score today and act like they were shooting the basketball..

wonder if that upsets the giants too

bah007
11-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I dont see what the big deal is.

The Giants stole it from a music video.

It's not like they have it copyrighted.

Wolf
11-12-2006, 11:00 PM
http://photos.jacksonville.com/PHOTOS/JAXF/195581/13416497E.jpg

http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?userphoto=0&image=13416497&thispage=1

bah007
11-12-2006, 11:02 PM
http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?userphoto=0&image=13416497&thispage=1

Is that a pic of Garrard ballin?

Wolf
11-12-2006, 11:04 PM
is that demeco?

DoCRoN
11-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Looks like MW...

Houston_Fanatic
11-13-2006, 01:24 AM
Well, now the crybaby Giants have something to cry about....

muahahaha.......

phan1
11-13-2006, 03:21 AM
Well, it looks like the Bears were "Big Ballin" tonight, so I think the Giants should cut that crap out. They're just embarrassing themselves with that junk. I'm sure all the teams they're facing will be "ballin'" for the rest of the season, so that stuff has totally blown up in their face.

Specnatz
11-13-2006, 03:41 AM
I dont see what the big deal is.

The Giants stole it from a music video.

It's not like they have it copyrighted.

They stole it first. Ya know how it is, finders keepers, loser wheepers .... errr never mind the giants lost today and gave up a 108 yard missed fg return for a td.

They are now blue ballin.

Malloy
11-13-2006, 06:22 AM
If anyone has the right to be grumpy, I would say it's basketball players :)

HeartofHouston
11-13-2006, 10:22 AM
First of all.. The giants can not be mad about the whole "BALLIN" thing. It's not like the Giants trademarked the action or anything like that..

It is a popular hip-hop song by Jim Jones of Dipset. entitled "BALLLIIINNN" if anybody COULD get mad or upset about it, it would be Jim Jones. they need to chill out.. i hope that he does it more often.