View Full Version : HPF:7th annual Davey awards

Wolf
11-10-2006, 07:20 PM
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/chair/arm51.html

November 10, 2006
The 7th Annual Davey Awards
by Dave Sabo
HoustonProFootball.com

The elite are rewarded, the sorry are exposed and the ********s are mocked. You know the drill.

Midseason MVP, Offense
Nominees: Larry Johnson, Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, LaDainian Tomlinson

And the Davey Award goes to: LaDainian Tomlinson. For the second year in a row, LT is simply the most dangerous weapon in the league. He’s the total package, he can do it all, he’s a force to be reckoned with. Name a cliché, it applies to LT. At his current pace, he’ll be just shy of halfway to the criminally undeserving Emmitt Smith’s record 18,355 rushing yards. He’s amazingly resilient, missing only one game in his career. Barring some horrific catastrophe, he’s a sure Hall of Famer.

kastofsna
11-10-2006, 10:48 PM
yeah tomlinson is great. unless, of course, it's a game that matters. then....poof! nowhere to be found. :)

Wolf
11-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Lamest Fans
Nominees: Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins

And the Davey Award goes to: the Jacksonville Jaguars. While the pathetic eli10 made a gallant effort at securing the Davey for the Giants, he wasn’t lame enough to overcome those two slack-jawed yokels from Jacksonville that taped themselves at Reliant. Who knew that a backwater like Jacksonville could even BE more embarrassed than it is? Whether mocking the National Anthem or the Make-A-Wish foundation, exhibiting homophobia or blatant racism, or trying to rationalize the utter ass-whooping the Texans administered to that gangload of cheap-shot artists, those two dopes epitomize the average Jags fan.

too funny and I totally agree about those knuckheads and I saw that video ... I think I dropped a few IQ points after that.