PDA

View Full Version : Pete King. He's at it again.

brewhaus
11-10-2006, 04:19 PM
It is really hard to respect, like or at this point, listen to this gigantic A**-hole.......what else can he think of to say about the Texans. I realize it's all because he can't "figure us", but what is he gonna do when we start winning consistantly? Maybe find a new career.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/09/week10/index.html

hobie
11-10-2006, 04:26 PM
You go figure the Texans. I can't. Bunch of psychos. They're young enough and good enough to be a scary team, though. Watch that DeMeco Ryans at middle linebacker. He plays like a slimmer Ray Lewis.
Jacksonville 20, Houston 13

Ok, what about that pi**es you off? Actually to me that is a compliment from him. And the score, so what, so he picked Jax to win, what's the problem with that, the Texans haven't won on the road in like 2 years..

austintexanite
11-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Read that yesterday, and it didn't bother me too much because we do have to start winning games more to get respect in this league. He was pissed that we were celebrating against the Giants, but keep in mind the guy lives in Jersey, so go figure. I don't agree with what he said earlier in the week, but if you think about it, it was a backhanded compliment to the team and especially Demeco.

V Man
11-10-2006, 04:30 PM
It is really hard to respect, like or at this point, listen to this gigantic A**-hole.......what else can he think of to say about the Texans. I realize it's all because he can't "figure us", but what is he gonna do when we start winning consistantly? Maybe find a new career.

You go figure the Texans. I can't. Bunch of psychos. They're young enough and good enough to be a scary team, though. Watch that DeMeco Ryans at middle linebacker. He plays like a slimmer Ray Lewis.

Ok, what about that pi**es you off? Actually to me that is a compliment from him. And the score, so what, so he picked Jax to win, what's the problem with that, the Texans haven't won on the road in like 2 years..

I agree with him. That is how I have felt the last two weeks. Whip Jacksonville, and give away the next two. What is scary is I agree with him, maybe I to see a shrink or something. :brickwall:

NATHANHALE
11-10-2006, 04:33 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/09/week10/index.html

IMO, He's right. One week we play with 'anybody' but-the next-we look worse than our first year. Like other posters have stated, we won't get respect until we earn it by cosistent play week in /weak out--that doesn't mean wins every week,,,solid play.

The Pencil Neck
11-10-2006, 04:38 PM

That didn't bother me. He actually gave us some props. I don't expect any one to pick us to start winning until we start winning consistently.

Let start with this game... :logo:

brewhaus
11-10-2006, 04:39 PM

I don't think we are a "Bunch of Psychos". I like to look at us as "Up and Comers"....or "steadly improving"...
The fact we haven't won on the road for a while makes me hopeful we are going to do it on Sunday, and I can't think of a better team to break the streak with than the Jags.

....or maybe it's just that I just don't hold much stock in the "know all, see all" folks at ESPN.

DBCooper
11-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Doesn't bother me a bit. Right on the money actually.

Errant Hothy
11-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Gotta agree with King. Do you think the team can even figure itself out, kinda loke split personalities.

Plus he gave some HUGE props to Demeco. :D

thunderkyss
11-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Any body know what the official spread is?? I bet King's inline with that.

infantrycak
11-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Any body know what the official spread is?? I bet King's inline with that.

King would actually be predicting the Texans against the spread which is currently at 10.5.

thunderkyss
11-10-2006, 06:08 PM
King would actually be predicting the Texans against the spread which is currently at 10.5.

Well I was wrong....... another compliment from King..... that king's a good guy, show'n us some 'spect....

edo783
11-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Currently this team plays like Sybil when off the lithium. Never know who is showing up to play, so King is right this time.

Wolf
11-10-2006, 06:52 PM
doesn't bother me much..

I figure
Young+new schemes= inconsistancy

Boris
11-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Bunch of psychos.

a time will come when theses words will be compliments directed at our defence! Someday..... in the near future.......... hopefully~

TexanSam
11-10-2006, 07:40 PM
I think King is right on target. Calling us a "bunch of psychos" isn't a derogative term towards the Texans. It's just another way of calling us unpredictable or inconsistent. He actually is fairly positive in this statement.

Sarg01
11-10-2006, 07:44 PM
King's been fairly positive all year in his Texans comments. He pointed out David Carr's passer rating before anyone else, noted AJ shortly before he took over the #1 spot and has given props to Daniels and Ryans.

I think he's a closet fan, so he gets a little disappointed like us :)

Wolf
11-10-2006, 07:44 PM
http://myweb.cableone.net/mahlfk/DVDs/The_Shining.jpg

that kinda of psycho LOL

ArlingtonTexan
11-11-2006, 09:49 AM
I am always amazed at the number of "I can't believe ______ said something bad about the Texans" threads (sorry we are 2-6 w/o zero winning seasons)

or

in reverse, "Look, here is a great article on _____ player or aspect of the Texans" Great= some version of complimentary.

Do we really care that much what others think about? Pretty much until the Texans win, the balance of what is written about the Texans is going to be negative. Not sure I need the details.

Vinny
11-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I am always amazed at the number of "I can't believe ______ said something bad about the Texans" threads (sorry we are 2-6 w/o zero winning seasons)

or

in reverse, "Look, here is a great article on _____ player or aspect of the Texans" Great= some version of complimentary.

Do we really care that much what others think about? Pretty much until the Texans win, the balance of what is written about the Texans is going to be negative. Not sure I need the details.
no kidding...plus, this kind of stuff makes our fan base look like thin skinned pollyanna fans that have no grip on reality. People have opinions, and just because they may not agree with you doesn't make them a @#$%!

HJam72
11-11-2006, 12:32 PM
...this kind of stuff makes our fan base look like thin skinned pollyanna fans that have no grip on reality. People have opinions, and just because they may not agree with you doesn't make them a @#$%!

I resemble that remark and....oh, @#%! :francis:

Lucky
11-11-2006, 12:43 PM
People have opinions, and just because they may not agree with you doesn't make them a @#$%!
Still, Peter King is a @#$%!

Texans_Chick
11-11-2006, 01:08 PM

I don't see how what he said is an unfair slam. The Texans are a completely unpredictable team right now.

I said a similar thing before the Giants' game:

Link: Houston Texans: "Enigma in Search of Consistency" (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/02/houston-texans-enigma-in-search-of-consistency/)

Not sure that I would have called them a bunch of psychos because as teams go, they are actually fairly even keeled, but here was my basic take:

The 2006 Texans are a team that exceeds expectations and there-we-go-again disappoints in just about every game.
I guess the lack of consistency is the hallmark of a team that is learning new systems on both sides of the ball, depends on rookie players for key positions, and doesn't have the best personnel fit for the type of schemes that they are running.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2006, 01:15 PM
TC,

Sue PK for plagerism!