PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather see at QB for the Jags?

TexanSam
11-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Garrard or Leftwich? I would rather see Leftwich in there since he's about as mobile as a cinder block. Garrard can make plays with his feet. Leftwich is a better passes than Garrard is, but overall I think Garrard is the better QB. He just needs his time to show what he can do.

bah007
11-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Garrard or Leftwich? I would rather see Leftwich in there since he's about as mobile as a cinder block. Garrard can make plays with his feet. Leftwich is a better passes than Garrard is, but overall I think Garrard is the better QB. He just needs his time to show what he can do.

I think Garrard is the better QB and the better runner.

Leftwich is a gunslinger who is prone to mistakes.

Garrard seems more careful back there. He wont throw for a ton of yds but he doesnt throw a lot of INTs either.

ib4texans
11-09-2006, 05:41 PM
I think Garrard is the better QB and the better runner.

Leftwich is a gunslinger who is prone to mistakes.

Garrard seems more careful back there. He wont throw for a ton of yds but he doesnt throw a lot of INTs either.

Sounds like another David from a team that I love, however some people won't give him the benifit of your first statement"I think Garrard, CARR is the better QB and the better runner.

Texas
11-09-2006, 05:46 PM
i dont care?

TxAg
11-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Does not matter he will get sacked

srstex
11-09-2006, 06:04 PM
If our D line plays like last week, the Jags are in for a long day. We looked HOT. Williams was awesome, Weaver & Maddox did a heck of a job in the middle, I think that our D line is coming around, a little late maybe, but if we can turn 2-6 into 6-2 we will still have our best year yet. I don't think you can stick a fork in us yet.

bah007
11-09-2006, 06:07 PM
If our D line plays like last week, the Jags are in for a long day. We looked HOT. Williams was awesome, Weaver & Maddox did a heck of a job in the middle, I think that our D line is coming around, a little late maybe, but if we can turn 2-6 into 6-2 we will still have our best year yet. I don't think you can stick a fork in us yet.

I think it is worth noting that the Giants have one of the best O-lines in the NFL and we played them really well last week.

Jax has a decent O-line but it is not as talented as the Giants.

We coud really do well up front against them.

real
11-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I'd rather see Garrard...

Despite Leftwhich's shortcomings, I feel more comfortable with Garrard in the game...

I see a two interception game for him....

Double Barrel
11-09-2006, 06:17 PM
It's a no-brainer for me: Leftwich looked great in our last meeting...of course, "great" being relative to a Texans point-of-view.

Garrard is dangerous, IMO, and presents a new set of problems to deal with. Hopefully our line can get to him early and rattle his cage accordingly. He needs to hear the footsteps.

The Pencil Neck
11-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Garrard worries me because he can hurt us with his feet. I don't want another big run for a TD by a QB like we had with VY.

OTOH, Garrard has a lower completion percentage than Leftwich. Which could be good for us.

Trap_Star
11-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Personally I rather see Ryan Leaf as their QB....:rolleyes: But of these two id take Leftwich...I think his confidence is down right now with all this QB controversy talk....

V Man
11-09-2006, 08:57 PM
It's a no-brainer for me: Leftwich looked great in our last meeting...of course, "great" being relative to a Texans point-of-view.

Garrard is dangerous, IMO, and presents a new set of problems to deal with. Hopefully our line can get to him early and rattle his cage accordingly. He needs to hear the footsteps.

Great minds think alike. That is just what I was thinking.

jerek
11-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Leftwich slow of foot and slow of wit. Garrard not. Easy choice.

bah007
11-09-2006, 10:09 PM
This poll isnt even close.

Stampede
11-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I want em to play the best QB they got. No excuse from their fans this time after we beat their sorry *** :)

Texans Horror
11-10-2006, 10:22 AM
I want em to play the best QB they got. No excuse from their fans this time after we beat their sorry *** :)

My sentiments exactly. It doesn't matter who they put up front, it will be an excuse for why they lost to the Texans.

QB75
11-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Who cares. Jags are done.

Runner
11-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I want em to play the best QB they got. No excuse from their fans this time ...

If I had two choices:

a) They play their best QB and we lose
b) They play a lesser QB and we win and listen to excuses

I'll take b).

Lucky
11-10-2006, 01:08 PM
I still think Leftwich is a good QB, but he needs all the mobility he can get. I thought he was going to drop some weight this offseason just for that reason. He has no one to blame but himself.

Garrard hasn't played enough to have all his warts exposed. He has flaws, all QBs do. I think the best plan against Garrard is to rush 4, play zone, and make him beat you with his arm. We saw how stupid a running QB can make a blitz look against the Titans.