PDA

View Full Version : Was T.O. fined or reprimanded for his "nap" in the endzone?

prostock101
11-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Just curious. I personally like some of the end zone celebrations and it adds a little entertainment I suppose. But with the rules banning anything other than spiking the ball or something, why would TO purposely take a "nap" when he knew it would result in a 15 yard penalty? If I was Parcells I would have fined him for it. It's one thing to get carried away and get penalized but to plan it out and purposely do it seems out of line and deserving of some slap on the wrist. Anyone know the story?

JDizzle
11-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Not sure. But, if I were Parcels I would fine him for that "nap" he took on that post route that could have won the game for them.

Double Barrel
11-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Not sure. But, if I were Parcels I would fine him for that "nap" he took on that post route that could have won the game for them.

No doubt. After watching that blown play, along with a couple others this season, I have to say "best WR my arse!". TO is overrated for all the publicity he gets. He's not the best in football, and I probably wouldn't even rank him in the top 10 right now.

Runner
11-08-2006, 05:34 PM
But with the rules banning anything other than spiking the ball or something, why would TO purposely take a "nap" when he knew it would result in a 15 yard penalty?

I am starting to think that sometimes T.O. does things that he perceives as being good for T.O. even if they are bad for his team. Can you believe it???????????? :shades:

jlam
11-08-2006, 05:37 PM
So here's my question: Does a football game count as a team meeting for Owens?

Kaiser Toro
11-08-2006, 06:24 PM
The guy is bi polar or has no regard for his team mates. Great talent, but he is a triple homicide team killer.

OzzO
11-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Just curious. I personally like some of the end zone celebrations and it adds a little entertainment I suppose. But with the rules banning anything other than spiking the ball or something,....

I was thinking you can't have props and can't have scripted celebrations with your teammates nor excessive celebrating with the teammates. Otherwise, ocho-cinco would be penalized all the time.

bah007
11-09-2006, 02:02 PM
This should cheer up the haters.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/061109&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

It is hilarious.

ATX_Texan
11-10-2006, 08:08 AM
www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/15978354.htm Link

Randy Galloway has some interesting observations about how Parcells sold his dignity and integrity to J.Jones. Some interesting quotes:

In the heat of the moment during the Cowboys-Redskins game, a guy considered by so many to be a great and respected head coach, was punk'd by a punk.

I'm wondering right now if it was worth it to Bill. What exactly is the price tag on your good name? On one hand, it's a ton of money. But the grief and the soiled reputation as a coach of discipline has been extremely expensive.

Last March, Jerry wanted Owens, badly. Two of Jerry's chief "consultants," Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders, were in Jones' ear, urging him on

Parcells is a shell of a once great coach. He should have quit like he wanted to before the season. However, greed is all that is left for him now. The Cowboys fans should be concerned that J.Jones is back to running the team. If Irvin and Deion, two of the biggest jackazzs ever to disgrace the NFL, are his chief consultants, there can be nothing but trouble for the 'Boys in the future. Jones always admired and loved Al Davis and it appears that he is transforming the team into that image (Not the great teams from the 70's, but the steaming pile that the Raiders have become.).

mefool3030
12-08-2006, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=ATX_Texan;494244]www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/15978354.htm Link

Parcells is a shell of a once great coach. He should have quit like he wanted to before the season. However, greed is all that is left for him now. The Cowboys fans should be concerned that J.Jones is back to running the team. If Irvin and Deion, two of the biggest jackazzs ever to disgrace the NFL, are his chief consultants, there can be nothing but trouble for the 'Boys in the future. Jones always admired and loved Al Davis and it appears that he is transforming the team into that image (Not the great teams from the 70's, but the steaming pile that the Raiders have become.).[/QUOTE

This guy is right on the money. Parcells needs to quit now and forfeit the season, it's all over!

Now the Cowboys are just like the Raiders?

What a DUMB*****