PDA

View Full Version : Is Oakland's O-line worse than ours ever was?

TexanSam
11-07-2006, 12:56 AM
I mean, we had an awful offensive line the first four seasons, but was ours as bad as the Raiders O-line is right now? That's the 2nd time they've allowed 9 sacks this season. What happened to Robert Gallery? Is he the silver lining of their offensive line or is he a bust as well?

hot pickle
11-07-2006, 01:28 AM
i dont know if there worse, but tell yall what i cant way to see mario tear up robert gallery, 3 sacks that game for mario

texasguy346
11-07-2006, 05:45 AM
JMO But it looks to me like Gallery has terrible technique. I'm not sure if that's a product of the coaching changes he's seen in Oakland or the fact that he never really had to learn proper technique due to his physical advantage. The Seahawks D Line got into his body right off the snap, and he seemed to panic & try to wrestle with the guy rather than block him. There were quite a few plays, even ones when he didn't give up a sack, where he wrapped his arms around the guy like it was a bear hug as opposed to getting him squarely in the chest.

texasguy346
11-07-2006, 08:20 AM
I mean, we had an awful offensive line the first four seasons, but was ours as bad as the Raiders O-line is right now?

There was a piece on Mike & Mike this morning about this. I believe that through 8 games in 2002 we had given up 45 sacks. The Raiders are sitting at 44 after 8 games so far this season, and we gave up 43 sacks through 8 games in 2005. So I think it's safe to say that we've had OLine play as bad as the Raiders. I was really rooting for the Seahawks to beat the 12 sacks in a game record. That would've at least made the game a little more interesting.

Texans Horror
11-08-2006, 03:03 PM
This pile of poo has a more revolting redolence, and this one over here--it's covered in three levels of nastiness I've never smelled before...

It's hard to debate lines that stink that bad.

Double Barrel
11-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I believe that through 8 games in 2002 we had given up 45 sacks. The Raiders are sitting at 44 after 8 games so far this season, and we gave up 43 sacks through 8 games in 2005.

Ouch....some stats are just brutal to read. I can't believe we used to be so optimistic in those days! ;)

dtran04
11-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Part of it Oakland keeps trying to make deep passes. Seven drop steps are just asking to get your QB killed. I guess it doesn't help if you're trying to catch up. Neverending cycle.

phan1
11-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Why is Al Davis so involved with football decisions? I'm always hear that he wants a verticle passing game, even when Ganon was tearing it up in the WCO. He's really F'd over that team since then IMO. That organization is a complete mess as I've ever seen anyone. Absolutely no roadmap to winning at all.

Having said that, I heard they're coaching staff is very much responsible for screwing up that Oline. And I tend to agree, as that Oline was just fine a few years ago. And from what I can tell, a lot of the line consists of the same personnel (correct me if I'm wrong). I kind of like the Raiders when they're good, so it's dissappointing to see their predicament.