PDA

View Full Version : Giants Fan Perspective

Greggdogg55
11-06-2006, 03:07 PM
I am a Giants season ticket holder and I thought the Giants were outplayed. Officiating was soft both ways. That was not a penalty on Mario Williams, and was not a penalty on the Giants for "Driving the Quarterback to the ground" (i thought that was the point of football).

Anyway, that all being said, you cannot celebrate the way your team did when they made a play. When you have a history of being a bad team, and have a terrible record, or were benched the previous week because of ineptitude, why would you mock the other team.

Even that ***** shockey realized it was a tight game, and he had previously dropped a big pass, so he handed the ball to a fan. Stupid on Carr's part, and even dumber by a rookie like Williams.

TopTexanFan16
11-06-2006, 03:09 PM
I am a Giants season ticket holder and I thought the Giants were outplayed. Officiating was soft both ways. That was not a penalty on Mario Williams, and was not a penalty on the Giants for "Driving the Quarterback to the ground" (i thought that was the point of football).

Anyway, that all being said, you cannot celebrate the way your team did when they made a play. When you have a history of being a bad team, and have a terrible record, or were benched the previous week because of ineptitude, why would you mock the other team.

Even that ***** shockey realized it was a tight game, and he had previously dropped a big pass, so he handed the ball to a fan. Stupid on Carr's part, and even dumber by a rookie like Williams.

Thanks for lettin us know....now let our QB and team enjoy the few times they do good......thanks

real

Signed,

Bob Whitfield's mommy

TexansLucky13
I completely disagree. David gets emotional sometimes, yes.... but I loved to see it. Kubiak probably slapped him on the back of the head for being the ring leader, but they were all just emotional.

I agree that we played an excellent game, though. It looks like we have managed to outplay our opponents for two games in a row yet still lose.

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 03:12 PM

Well...you guys are at home...so there is no taunting the fans for you guys. This was an emotional game for Carr...his playing time was on the line. He makes a fantastic play and feels the game is close he is excited. He did what he did. With Williams he is just saying "I can do it too". Strahan has been in the league for years (7th on the all time sack leader list). Those two are obviously not on bad terms, I would even call them friends. Maybe Williams sees Strahan as that big brother type in the NFL. There was no hard feelings, I can tell you that.

Vinny
11-06-2006, 03:14 PM
The end zone taunting call on us on our only TD was as weak as the other calls. The NFL needs to get over itself sometimes.

run-david-run
11-06-2006, 03:17 PM
The Mario thing was a lot like Mathis doing the "X-factor" thing with his arms after he returned a kick-off for a TD against the Chiefs and Dante Hall. I have no problem with him doing anything after sacks considering the pressure he is under to perform as the #1 pick and the whole debate that is still raging over our draft. I would imagine both he and David feel they have a whole lot to prove and its not to surprising to see them be very emotional in situations like those. Oh, and you cant pick up a QB after he throws the ball and body slam him.

Greggdogg55
11-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I have to disagree with you guys. i have no problem with him spiking the ball, or throwing it into the stands. but they obviously sat around thinking of ways to mock the Giants. Whats the point of that. Act like you have been there before. Carr played a great game, and i thought the penalty was a bad call on the celebration, but to mock a team and its fans, especially when you are on an awful team, and were benched the previous week, WEAK

run-david-run
11-06-2006, 03:18 PM
On a side note, does anyone know what that thing DC did with his hand is supposed to be? I assume its a college thing, but I really have no clue.

jerek
11-06-2006, 03:19 PM
I didn't have any problem with the call, I just wish they would enforce it more uniformly.

The Pencil Neck
11-06-2006, 03:20 PM

So if Strahan goes into some other team's stadium and sacks someone, are you going to tell him not to celebrate? There's really no difference. Strahan or Kiwi or any of your other guys making a sack and doing that Balling thing are just as out of line as Carr or Mario were.

If you go out of your way to come up with a signature celebration, then you have to expect your opponents to throw it back in your face when they make a big play against you. We are a bad team. That doesn't mean we can't be happy and celebrate when we make a good play. If you don't want us to celebrate, then don't allow us to make good plays. And vice versa. If we don't want you to celebrate, then we have to step up and not allow you guys to make good plays.

Texas
11-06-2006, 03:22 PM
I forgot there not supposed to have fun

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 03:23 PM
So if Strahan goes into some other team's stadium and sacks someone, are you going to tell him not to celebrate? There's really no difference. Strahan or Kiwi or any of your other guys making a sack and doing that Balling thing are just as out of line as Carr or Mario were.

If you go out of your way to come up with a signature celebration, then you have to expect your opponents to throw it back in your face when they make a big play against you. We are a bad team. That doesn't mean we can't be happy and celebrate when we make a good play. If you don't want us to celebrate, then don't allow us to make good plays. And vice versa. If we don't want you to celebrate, then we have to step up and not allow you guys to make good plays.

Exactly.

The Pencil Neck
11-06-2006, 03:24 PM
I have to disagree with you guys. i have no problem with him spiking the ball, or throwing it into the stands. but they obviously sat around thinking of ways to mock the Giants. Whats the point of that. Act like you have been there before. Carr played a great game, and i thought the penalty was a bad call on the celebration, but to mock a team and its fans, especially when you are on an awful team, and were benched the previous week, WEAK

Being a bad team or were benched is irrelevant.

Think about the total lack of respect that Strahan has for other players in the league by sitting down and deciding to come up with a signature moves. Every time any Giants player makes that balling move, it's mocking the other team. It's just like TO when he was with the Niners putting the ball in the Cowboy's star. There's no difference except when it's turned back around on to you.

So you need to suck it up and let the boys play... both ways. Let Strahan do his dances. And let other people make the same move back at him.

Greggdogg55
11-06-2006, 03:24 PM

Guy, Carr spiked the ball, go up, ran over to the corner by the fans and did a jump shot. I am glad he got excited, but i think his mock celebration is weak. The guy has played poorly, why give ammunition to the other team to try to knock your block off.

He can practice his jump shot in his driveway when the playoffs start and he is at home.

The Pencil Neck
11-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Guy, Carr spiked the ball, go up, ran over to the corner by the fans and did a jump shot. I am glad he got excited, but i think his mock celebration is weak. The guy has played poorly, why give ammunition to the other team to try to knock your block off.

He can practice his jump shot in his driveway when the playoffs start and he is at home.

And how is that any different than Strahan or Merriman or anyone else who does a sack dance?

You've got a double standard and you need to lighten up.

run-david-run
11-06-2006, 03:28 PM

Really? Because he had a bad game last week disregards the 90 something passer rating? The 2:1 Td to interception ratio? Carr was the best qb on the field yesterday, and to expect a player and a team that has come under so much fire and criticism to not take it personally and play with emotion is not very realistic.

real

I forgot that they were supposed to try and make the Giant players and fans happy....silly me....

TexansSeminole

Your acting as if your team is the only team allowed to celebrate...think about what your saying.

Greggdogg55
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
I am not upset about it, because i thought the whole time (even though we got outplayed) that the Giants would win.

I for one don't like the fact that the players dance on every play (isnt making a tackle what they get paid for?) All i was saying was that i thought his celebration was weak.

dtran04
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
When you do something to attract attention, such as the "ballin", always expect for it to backfire. It's like T.O. doing Ray Lewis's dance. Gotta deal with people mocking you.

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM

I thought it was to pay tribute to the almighty Strahan..... j/k

Seriously though, I thought all that they did was let the Giants know that they weren't going to roll over and play dead, that they were going to be there from beginning to end...

I don't think this is the same thing as TO doing his impersonation of Ray Lewis....

NEROtheZERO
11-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey Gregg, do you feel Kiwi was out of line when he went and did the jump shot celebration after the gimme sack when Carr tripped over Flanagan? I thought it was pretty lame myself.

I loved Mario's jump shot though, good stuff.

Greggdogg55
11-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey Gregg, do you feel Kiwi was out of line when he went and did the jump shot celebration after the gimme sack when Carr tripped over Flanagan? I thought it was pretty lame myself.

I loved Mario's jump shot though, good stuff.
100%, i was angry at that. Good Post. Especially because he is a rookie. In a few years, i hope he wont make the same mistake.

Brandon420tx
11-06-2006, 03:38 PM

If you take out every QBs worst game (In Carrs case, the Titans) he would still be among the top QBs in the league right now. Sure the celebration may have been weak, but he's used to the running around with his index fingers pointed to the sky, give the man time to develope style, I was happier with the team celebration, even though we got a penalty about it I don't care, I want to see more of those:ok:

alphajoker
11-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Signed,

Bob Whitfield's mommy

HA!!! Nice!:highfive:

Greggdogg55
11-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Well, i guess you guys like the celebration. It made your fans happy, so that is a good thing. I am going to move on to thinking about beating the bears, and pushing the Cowboys (who we all hate!) further out of contention.

Blu
11-06-2006, 04:04 PM
I am going to move on to thinking about beating the bears, and pushing the Cowboys (who we all hate!) further out of contention.
that.... we can agree on, mi amigo!

:redtowel:

edo783
11-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Geeezzz, the winner comes around snivaling about being disrepected by someone doing their move. Someone, quick call the patent office, a travesty has been commited.

CoogBull
11-06-2006, 04:26 PM
I hear what you are saying Greg, but we get so little to celebrate every little thing gives us a reason to go on.

There was a lot of emotion in that stadium and on the field yesterday. That is what I love about football. Both teams went out there and gave it their all, the breaks went the way they went, and everyone was entertained.

For me, one of the best moments of any game is right after the final whistle when both teams and staffs come together to shake hands. Watching all the guys joking around and talking says something about sportsmanship. It all ends when the game ends. When that clock stops we are all friends again.

I have spent a lot of time in Europe and this is not often the case with their soccer teams. Those teams hate each other and the fans are often vicious toward the supporters of opposing clubs.

I have only had a bad expericance in an opposing stadium once in my life. I was wearing an Astros hat at a Yankees game and a guy threw some trash at me and yelled at me for wearing a national league hat in an american league stadium. He was totally hammered so that probably explains the hostility.

Kaiser Toro
11-06-2006, 04:32 PM
As a fan of an expansion cellar dweller for the last 4.5 years I could give a New York Rats arse (very big mind you) what anyone thinks about how our team celebrated. We nor our players have had many moments to get some limelight by giving adulation to the opponents on the field of play. The team was pumped, they were unified for a moment. It felt good and no one was hurt except for some ego and maybe a little pride.

Double Barrel
11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
I never realized that New York fans were so....sensitive. I guess Woody Allen is more than just a characterization. idonno:

I've never seen so many sore winners outside of Dallas. Maybe it's an NFC east thang.

mexican_texan
11-06-2006, 04:42 PM
On a side note, does anyone know what that thing DC did with his hand is supposed to be? I assume its a college thing, but I really have no clue.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/Mexican_Texan/2gyd2magn9.gif

Charter PSL Fan
11-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Yall didn't know. Only NFC east teams are allowed to celebrate. Speaking of T.O. If the NFL really wants to stop the pre-meditated celebrations or acts they need to eneforce with a real penalty. 15 yds on the kickoff, who cares. They should take away the touchdown and plus a 15 yard penalty on that play. That would stop it quick.

dalemurphy
11-06-2006, 04:51 PM
The end zone taunting call on us on our only TD was as weak as the other calls. The NFL needs to get over itself sometimes.

The call wasn't taunting... Carr didn't get called for the penalty. It was a team penalty for team celebration. Basically, the team got flagged for hugs!

ledzeppelin229
11-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Mario has put up with more horsecrap criticism since the draft than most players do in their entire career. Before he set foot on the field, he was a bust. Before he got a sack, he was a bust. After he got a sack, it was too easy and he was still a bust. Every - Single - Day it was the same spewage from ESPN and the rest of Reggie Bush's idolators. Then he gets a solo sack on Manning and almost gets a second one, and people are making more excuses as to why he still sucks. By the way, I never saw ESPN mention Mario the entire day yesterday. With the way Bush is playing, I can only assume they are hoping Mario fails too so they don't get an ostrich egg in their face.

It's utterly sickening. I hope he celebrates 10 times for every sack he was told he would never get.

aj.
11-06-2006, 05:45 PM
http://www.attachmentparentingdoctor.com/images/baby_cries.jpg

Ballliiinnn

JDizzle
11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
http://www2.dallasdancemusic.com/photos/data/500/92805054lord_of_the_blings.jpg

Wanna be a balla, shot calla ....

mexican_texan
11-06-2006, 06:11 PM
http://www2.dallasdancemusic.com/photos/data/500/92805054lord_of_the_blings.jpg

Wanna be a balla, shot calla ....
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/Mexican_Texan/92805054lord_of_the_blings.jpg

ESAD2-14
11-06-2006, 08:55 PM
I hear what you are saying Greg, but we get so little to celebrate every little thing gives us a reason to go on.

What he said.....:thumbup

thunderkyss
11-06-2006, 09:06 PM

Hopefully you said the same thing when Strahan & the boys were sacking Bledsoe....... I believe that was Strahan's second on the year?? whoopeeeeeee

I'm sure if Strahan had sacked David, he'd have been ballin'

Not our fault we struck first......

Wait a minute, it was our fault.

Hookem Horns
11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
I didn't see the Carr jumpshot move probably because they didn't pick that up on TV. If he did that which I am sure he did since Greggdogg was there and saw it, then I think that was pretty lame. He's lucky Strahan had to leave early and didn't get his head ripped off.

Mario doing that after a sack wasn't as bad because it was a great sack and the Giants typically only do that move on great defensive plays. I don't think he was mocking the Giants but was just having a little fun. As a matter of fact there was a shot of him and Strahan laughing with each other after the game. I am sure Mario has the utmost respect for Strahan and company.

TxAg
11-06-2006, 09:25 PM
As for Carr's celebration I thought maybe he went overboard but the Texans played harder after that and I thought the mean streak shown by Mario Williams was great he is finally coming along and will:redtowel: have even more sacks next week .

Hulk75
11-06-2006, 09:30 PM

Thats right spiked it right on your home turf.

When we play you guys again, we WILL win............

MOCKING??? You mean when your guys get a sack and everyone meets on the field and does a jump shot, thats not mocking? Give me a break, you dont want to see us again.

OzzO
11-06-2006, 09:33 PM
"I didn't know it was a patented move for the Giants. I apologize ... my bad," Williams said in his best sarcastic tone. "We almost got into a fight on the field. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to have emotion and have fun on the field."

Strahan, who left the game with a foot injury before Williams' celebration, said he was flattered.

By game's end, Texans quarterback David Carr and running back Wali Lundy had done faux jump shots to show support for Williams. Giants rookie end Mathias Kiwanuka also did one after a nice play.

"Imitation is the biggest form of flattery, and ball out all you want — we will ball out with that 'W,' and we will pack you back to Houston," said Strahan, a former star at Texas Southern. "We won. Kiwanuka took the jump shot back, dunked it on them actually."

Not sure about falling on a QB a "dunk", but whatever floats your boat.

chronic 11-6-06 (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4312581.html)

Hookem Horns
11-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Thats right spiked it right on your home turf.

When we play you guys again, we WILL win............

MOCKING??? You mean when your guys get a sack and everyone meets on the field and does a jump shot, thats not mocking? Give me a break, you dont want to see us again.

I don't think the Giants will have to worry about the Texans anytime soon. For one, it's going to be a good while before the Texans are in their class, second it will be 4 years before they meet again unless by some miracle the Texans can make a Super Bowl before then and happen to meet them there.

"Imitation is the biggest form of flattery, and ball out all you want — we will ball out with that 'W,' and we will pack you back to Houston," said Strahan <--- that's all that needs to be said about this.

GP
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM

Why would Strahan and his teammates mock the other team by doing a jump shot?

That's a little over the top if you ask me.

Doing something like Straahn does is not in the same "league" as doing other celebratory moves, such as (1) Pumping a fist in the air, or (2) Slapping your hands together, or (3) High-fiving your teammates as you go back to the huddle, or (4) Any other of the near endless ways of celebrating a good job...but your guys have a pre-determined "signature move" they perform that is an obvious mocking of the other team's inability to protect the QB.

You talk about our lack of class by "mocking" Strahan...and yet I feel that we were slapping it back in their face.

So we see how it works, Giants fan: You can do your "thing" and nobody else can do it back to you.

Crybaby.

And yes, we DID outplay your team. Even though you got a "W" we outplayed you as you have admitted.

At least you got THAT right.

GP
11-06-2006, 10:14 PM
I didn't see the Carr jumpshot move probably because they didn't pick that up on TV. If he did that which I am sure he did since Greggdogg was there and saw it, then I think that was pretty lame. He's lucky Strahan had to leave early and didn't get his head ripped off.

Mario doing that after a sack wasn't as bad because it was a great sack and the Giants typically only do that move on great defensive plays. I don't think he was mocking the Giants but was just having a little fun. As a matter of fact there was a shot of him and Strahan laughing with each other after the game. I am sure Mario has the utmost respect for Strahan and company.

Spoken by a person who hates David Carr.

It's Ok for Mario to do it, but your whipping post (DC) cannot do it.

DC once again took a risk, made a great play all by himself near the goal line, got the TD, and he's not allowed to celebrate. And it can only be done on defensive plays, too. I didn't know their were guidelines for this (scratches head, shrugs shoulders).

It was nice to see a traditionally and perennial "loser of a team" invoke some brass b@lls and show those New Yorkers that we're not rolling over for them.

I think Strahan is one of the mouthiest and classless players in the NFL. When he classlessly makes statements like he did, it makes me feel good about how I felt GOOD when his Giants had their postseason meltdown and got sent home "packing" like he's talking about us.

I guess he would know about outplaying another team and letting the "W" get away. Twirp.

phan1
11-06-2006, 10:15 PM
You want to talk about the character of OUR team? PUH-LEASE! I'm sure Manning, Barber, or Shockey will bash Coughlin again after their next loss, since it's always his fault right? Coughlin gets thrown under the bus after every loss. You have the biggest group of whiners in the NFL. I guess it does start with your QB who didn't want to go to San Diego.

I do like Strahan though. I don't think he's classless at all. He's a funny guy IMO. :) But that offense is filled with a bunch of pre-maddonas.

Texanfan4ever
11-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Wah, wah, wah, whine, whine whine, isn't this football we are talking about? Aren't these guys men beating up on each other every week?

I LOVED IT!! And I hope any or all of them do it again after a great play. They deserve it, and after David's TD, the whole team did it, and showed that they are a team. To us right now, that is more important to me than how silly fans feel about it. Like I said, I LOVED IT!!!!

If they hadn't shown any emotion, everyone would be dogging them for that.

Doesn't matter if are team doesn't have a winning record. They played a pretty darn good game. I hope they continue to have things to celebrate.

If any of you made a three yard jump over all those guys for a TD, you would be running around celebrating too.

Oh wait, let me add, Giants fans throwing things on the field at David before the game, and taunting him with name calling. Once again let me say, I LOVED IT!

Hookem Horns
11-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Spoken by a person who hates David Carr.

It's Ok for Mario to do it, but your whipping post (DC) cannot do it.

DC once again took a risk, made a great play all by himself near the goal line, got the TD, and he's not allowed to celebrate. And it can only be done on defensive plays, too. I didn't know their were guidelines for this (scratches head, shrugs shoulders).

It was nice to see a traditionally and perennial "loser of a team" invoke some brass b@lls and show those New Yorkers that we're not rolling over for them.

I think Strahan is one of the mouthiest and classless players in the NFL. When he classlessly makes statements like he did, it makes me feel good about how I felt GOOD when his Giants had their postseason meltdown and got sent home "packing" like he's talking about us.

I guess he would know about outplaying another team and letting the "W" get away. Twirp.

Your so blind by Carr's jockstrap that you can't see straight. I didn't say he couldn't celebrate however mocking the Giants defense with that jumpshot thing was going a bit overboard. Too bad he didn't bring his "brass b@lls" to Nashville instead had them handed to him.

At least the Giants had a postseason and are heading there again this season. That is something Carr won't be experiencing anytime soon if ever.

Hookem Horns
11-07-2006, 01:39 AM
Hhhhmmmmmm, I think J.T. summed this thread up in his song "CRY ME A RIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Giants got that overrated butts kicked by the Texans!!!!! Go back to you post Yankee boy before I vomit!!!! Refs won the game for you loosers, enjoy it because the refs wont be able to help you every week!

The refs? What call or calls in particular are you referring to? You are sounding like a Dallas fan.

BTW, "Yankee boy"? ...lol. This is 2006, most of us stopped using that word years ago. Get out of the trailer park every once in awhile.

edo783
11-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Hookem, I too am a fan of Vince Young and I hope he does well in Tenn. but man get over it. We have Mario, we support Mario, if you don't like it move to Tenn. They have a school their with orange banners and everything, all you have to do is turn you Texas shirt inside out and pull for the Vols. Get over it already! 10vinceyoung.com go there and cheer on Vince until your heart is content but don't come here and bash on Carr. He sucks most of the time, we all understand that but fussing about it is going to accomplish nothing!

Hookem is also a Giants fan. He lived there for some years. Might have something to do with his perspective.

Hookem Horns
11-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Hookem, I too am a fan of Vince Young and I hope he does well in Tenn. but man get over it. We have Mario, we support Mario, if you don't like it move to Tenn. They have a school their with orange banners and everything, all you have to do is turn you Texas shirt inside out and pull for the Vols. Get over it already! 10vinceyoung.com go there and cheer on Vince until your heart is content but don't come here and bash on Carr. He sucks most of the time, we all understand that but fussing about it is going to accomplish nothing!

You don't know me that well. :) I am not a fan of Vince Young or anyone else that sports "Bud Duds" on Sundays.

No, I don't support Mario. I am just using his avatar because I am unhappy we drafted him. :rolleyes:

I guess it's a good thing we didn't draft VY because we would have been trading once QB that "sucks most of the time" for another. It looks like we did good taking Mario. Maybe a decent QB will be coming out within the next 2 drafts.

Hookem Horns
11-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Hookem is also a Giants fan. He lived there for some years. Might have something to do with his perspective.

For the record I was rooting for the Texans on Sunday despite the fact the Giants couldn't afford a loss. Regardless, after the fact though I can't say upset with the results. The Texans played well and the Giants got the W.

Crying refs makes us look like Cowboys fans and calling New Yorkers yankees makes us sound like a bunch of inbred rednecks. My having lived in New York has a lot to do with my thoughts on the latter. I know, I went up there with an attitude and called everyone "yankee" myself until I realized how stupid and uneducated I was sounding (this was in the early 80's). Now that I am back in Texas, I hardly ever here anyone here using that word anymore.

michaelm
11-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Now that I am back in Texas, I hardly ever here anyone here using that word anymore.

Yeah, it is time for Steinbrenner to change the name of his team, don't you think?

GP
11-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Your so blind by Carr's jockstrap that you can't see straight. I didn't say he couldn't celebrate however mocking the Giants defense with that jumpshot thing was going a bit overboard. Too bad he didn't bring his "brass b@lls" to Nashville instead had them handed to him.

At least the Giants had a postseason and are heading there again this season. That is something Carr won't be experiencing anytime soon if ever.

At least I root for the players on MY team and not against them.

I temper my passion with moments of objectivity...I have been critical of David Carr far more than you have been supportive of him.

It just gets old seeing people on this board who love to hate.

If Sage were starting, I'd be OK with it because I trust the team's coaching decisions on those matters.

But you will never be OK with David Carr succeeding. You've already written him off, and just like the liberal Democrats cannot win unless America loses...you're argument cannot win unless David AND the Texans lose.

That's a sad side to be on, if you ask me.

Texanfan4ever
11-07-2006, 02:58 PM
GP, I've made that comparison so many times. It's just the same. There is no middle ground, the haters would rather see disaster to get their way. Doesn't matter if David took us to the Superbowl, the haters will still hate him.
It's either David's fault, or George's. However you look at it. LOL

Bottom line, there are glass half full people, and glass half empty. I'm with you on seeing the positives. And if that makes us homers, then so be it.

Kaiser Toro
11-07-2006, 03:04 PM
It's either David's fault, or George's.

I looked through the roster, coaches and front office and did not notice a George. I did find a, Georgie Jozwiak, Executive Assistant to Philip Burguieres. It is widely known about the coffee pot incident and the printer snafu, but that is ancient history.

jteg25
11-07-2006, 03:20 PM
All I have to sy is BALLIN' http://http://photos.freefreeupload.com/pics/507/600xPopupGallery.jpg (http://www.freefreeupload.com/upload.php?id=5528678)>

GP
11-07-2006, 04:11 PM
I looked through the roster, coaches and front office and did not notice a George. I did find a, Georgie Jozwiak, Executive Assistant to Philip Burguieres. It is widely known about the coffee pot incident and the printer snafu, but that is ancient history.

George is notorious for the printer snafu.

If you go to the printer, and it says "Printer Error," you know that George sent THAT job. He's also always denying it was him....even when the printer que list says "George" with a big error symbol beside it. He just puts on that cheeze-ball grin and stares at you until the uncomfortable silence forces you to leave the printer room.

But has George been benched? Nope. It's amazing. Every time I go to get my print out at the printer, and it's printed off on colored paper because George forgot to re-load the white paper after doing his colored paper copies...I think, "How is this guy allowed onto the network? Can't we just have an entirely separate network JUST for George? It could be labeled "George's network" and it prints to an old dot matrix printer that's been set up in the janitorial closet JUST for George. That way, it's a wide open connection to the printer for the rest of us. Makes sense to me.

And you gotta' love when George accidentally selects the Bypass/Manual Tray on his printer option screen...then we're all wondering why the printer isn't spitting out the print jobs by all the other employees. It's because George, once again, is doing what Geroge does best: Printer Impedence.

I have to admit that this is a guy that we could all do without.

Hookem Horns
11-07-2006, 04:42 PM
At least I root for the players on MY team and not against them.

I temper my passion with moments of objectivity...I have been critical of David Carr far more than you have been supportive of him.

It just gets old seeing people on this board who love to hate.

If Sage were starting, I'd be OK with it because I trust the team's coaching decisions on those matters.

But you will never be OK with David Carr succeeding. You've already written him off, and just like the liberal Democrats cannot win unless America loses...you're argument cannot win unless David AND the Texans lose.

That's a sad side to be on, if you ask me.

What makes you think I root against David Carr? The problem is I DO root for him. If I rooted against David Carr I would be happy because he would be doing what I want him to do. BTW, I didn't sour on him until mid point of last season after he proved me wrong (yes, I was like you before). Before that you will never see a critical post made by me about him. You tend to be the opposite of what you are portraying of me.

If I didn't care about this team I wouldn't give a flip about how Carr is doing. I honestly don't think this team is going to turn it around with him. It took me about 4 seasons to realize that but I have learned to accept it. However, I would love for him to prove my thought wrong because I don't like the losing anymore than you do.

BTW, if he does turn it around it will be because of Kubiak (see, even then I won't give him credit :) )

ledzeppelin229
11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
I don't really care if the night shift janitor gets the credit as long as Carr improves. I think of Kubiak's presence as about even though (from his base talent) considering how much he regressed with Capers/Palmer/Roman/Banks as his offensive "mentors".

I don't know if I worded that like I meant it to, but here is a break down chart:

(Not zero in a bad way, but as a basis for comparison)

Carr under old coaching staff: -10
Carr under his real ability......: 0
Carr under new coaching staff: +10 (And hopefully growing)

Texanfan4ever
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
George is notorious for the printer snafu.

If you go to the printer, and it says "Printer Error," you know that George sent THAT job. He's also always denying it was him....even when the printer que list says "George" with a big error symbol beside it. He just puts on that cheeze-ball grin and stares at you until the uncomfortable silence forces you to leave the printer room.

But has George been benched? Nope. It's amazing. Every time I go to get my print out at the printer, and it's printed off on colored paper because George forgot to re-load the white paper after doing his colored paper copies...I think, "How is this guy allowed onto the network? Can't we just have an entirely separate network JUST for George? It could be labeled "George's network" and it prints to an old dot matrix printer that's been set up in the janitorial closet JUST for George. That way, it's a wide open connection to the printer for the rest of us. Makes sense to me.

And you gotta' love when George accidentally selects the Bypass/Manual Tray on his printer option screen...then we're all wondering why the printer isn't spitting out the print jobs by all the other employees. It's because George, once again, is doing what Geroge does best: Printer Impedence.

I have to admit that this is a guy that we could all do without.

LOL