PDA

View Full Version : Kudos for Mario from Pro Football Weekly

CowboysTexansFan
11-06-2006, 11:47 AM
I like this blurb from Nolan Nowrocki of Pro Football Weekly. I thought Mario had a great game and am liking him and DeMeco more and more.

Go Texans!

:redtowel:

"Texans rookie DE Mario Williams is really beginning to come on, sending Giants OT Bob Whitfield flying off his feet with an arm-over club move made famous by the recently enshrined late great Reggie White, and closing to notch another sack. On the very next play, he took aggressive Giants OG Chris Snee and walked him back to the quarterback as if he were facing a high school blocker. He looked flat-out dominant at times against New York, like a man among boys."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Scouts+Eye/2006/nawrocki110606.htm

V Man
11-06-2006, 12:17 PM
I like this blurb from Nolan Nowrocki of Pro Football Weekly. I thought Mario had a great game and am liking him and DeMeco more and more.

Go Texans!

"Texans rookie DE Mario Williams is really beginning to come on, sending Giants OT Bob Whitfield flying off his feet with an arm-over club move made famous by the recently enshrined late great Reggie White, and closing to notch another sack. On the very next play, he took aggressive Giants OG Chris Snee and walked him back to the quarterback as if he were facing a high school blocker. He looked flat-out dominant at times against New York, like a man among boys."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Scouts+Eye/2006/nawrocki110606.htm

Nice find, Thanks

jerek
11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
A quiet week for the Mario haters, especially given the putrid play of Young and Bush. Mario's improving every week and it's exciting to watch his play of late. I'm also looking for the rest of our line to improve as Mario begins to command more coverage. As much as I liked his sack, I liked the subsequent play better, where he just manhandled whatever poor LT that was back into Manning, even though Eli ended up getting the pass off.

Grats to Mario and keep up the great work.

Blake
11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Awesome. Thats the kind of stuff I like to hear. "like a man among boys."

Second Honeymoon
11-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Good to see Mario get some love. The decision to take Mario over Bush is looking like a better choice each week. Here is to hoping the trend continues. Hopefully Mario keeps trying moves out rather than bull rushing 100% of the time.

Doug ftw

Hardcore Texan
11-06-2006, 12:37 PM
It is great to see him playing well. I hope he continues to improve, it is exciting to see! And if he hushes all the "Texans made the worst draft mistake ever" talk than that's just icing on the cake.

run-david-run
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
It is great to see him playing well. I hope he continues to improve, it is exciting to see! And if he hushes all the "Texans made the worst draft mistake ever" talk than that's just icing on the cake.

I have to say, that claim is looking more and more ridiculos as the season goes on, not that it had much credence when it was first made. Anyway, its great to see Mario coming into his own, and with expreiance he should only get better. He now has a sack in 3 consecutive games and was pretty close to Eli on several other occassions. Keep it up

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-06-2006, 12:48 PM
I was shocked when I first heard the Texans had made a pre-draft deal with Mario. Then I was confused. Then I got angry. Then I heard Kubes and McNair explain why. Then I saw some stats, measurements, workout numbers, and video tape of Mario.

Then I got on board.

Mario will be one of the most feared DE's in this game if he stays healthy.

real
11-06-2006, 12:50 PM
if he stays healthy.

Please find some wood and knock on it....

jaayteetx
11-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Ya, but Reggie Bush is the next Gale Sayers!:sarcasm:

powerfuldragon
11-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Ya, but Reggie Bush is the next Gale Sayers!:sarcasm:
No, no, no. Gayle Sayers was the first Reggie Bush.

texaslifter
11-06-2006, 01:33 PM

Nice one.

Mysteryhunt
11-06-2006, 04:07 PM
it's crazy that mario compares so favorable to bush and vince statistically when half the stuff he does never hits the box score (as opposed to offense where they document sneezes per half etc.)

Double Barrel
11-06-2006, 04:10 PM
It's good to see Mario get some love from the national spotlight. Now he needs to keep pushing and stay hungry to continually prove them wrong.

GuerillaBlack
11-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Nice job Mario. "Man among boys." That jump shot was funny, too. I don't think Giants fans liked it, though.

TxAg
11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Mario is looking really good I think in the next few games he will come on even stronger and get more sacks. :fireball:

texan2347
11-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Job Well Done Mario

Wolf
11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I am hoping with Mario's improved play is because it is more reacting than thinking.. I hope that is with the whole defense and the scheme..

Ryans should be getting some love also.

HJam72
11-07-2006, 08:47 PM

Based on Reggie's numbers, I would say that Ron Dayne was the first Reggie Bush.

Dre_80
11-08-2006, 12:05 PM

Go Texans!

bob whitfield?! bwahaha lol:

DBCooper
11-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Mario needs a couple of touchdown recoveries and he'll be ahead of Bush in scoring.

trutexan02
11-08-2006, 06:08 PM
He could be playing in Dallas for all I know. Other than Flozell Adams I can't think of anyone on your line worthy of honorable mention. The only reason I know him is because Houston talked to him a few years ago about signing. So why laugh? Whitfield could start in your house.

trutexan02
11-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I saw cowboys in the quote and got way defensive. No disrepect DRE 80.
IMO they could put Adam Sandler in there if Mario gets to his QB is still a sack.