PDA

View Full Version : Fred Taylor guarantees victory over Texans

Lucky
11-06-2006, 08:36 AM
From the Florida Times-Union (http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/110606/jag_6032348.shtml):

If it sounds like a guarantee, it must be a guarantee.

After running back Fred Taylor said that next week's game against Houston will be a "totally different type of ball game,'' than the Jaguars' 27-7 loss in Houston two weeks ago, he was asked why.

"Because we won't lose this time,'' he said. "That's what you wanted, right?''

Taylor then was asked if that was a guarantee.

"What did it sound like?'' he responded.
No need to even watch the game now. :rolleyes: Thanks for the BB material,Fred.

Vinny
11-06-2006, 08:44 AM
We haven't won a road game in two years. That's some big talk...from a team that has a losing record to us.

PapaL
11-06-2006, 08:46 AM
How about he stays healthy during the week of practice and plays the whole game against us. Can he guarantee that?

Hulk75
11-06-2006, 08:49 AM
I guaruntee a victory for us this week.

We have nothing to loose. They have everything to loose. WE ALWAYS play well against these guys.

Early prediction- Texans 21 Jaguars 13

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 09:42 AM
How about he stays healthy during the week of practice and plays the whole game against us. Can he guarantee that?

Right..... Big talk from someone who can't stay on the field... ever!

Blake
11-06-2006, 09:45 AM
No need to even watch the game now. :rolleyes: Thanks for the BB material,Fred.

Speeking of being able to watch the game. Lets just hope the Jags dont get blacked out, so they can see the Texans smoke the Jags like we do 90% of the time. :redtowel:

Chicagotexan1
11-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Right..... Big talk from someone who can't stay on the field... ever!

Just when I thought I couldn't dispise the Jagholes anymore. BTW, TexanBill that is one beautiful avatar. Does is come in wall sized too?

edo783
11-06-2006, 10:08 AM
The odds of us winning on the road go up as we lose. It's more likely we will win in Jax now than it was before NY, because eventually everyone wins on the road, so given that and the fact that we always give them a hard time and Fragile has given some good BB material.....I suspect that we will win in Jax.

Texan Asylum
11-06-2006, 10:23 AM
The odds of us winning on the road go up as we lose. It's more likely we will win in Jax now than it was before NY, because eventually everyone wins on the road, so given that and the fact that we always give them a hard time and Fragile has given some good BB material.....I suspect that we will win in Jax.
After yesterdays performance, and the enthusiasm bleeding over into this week's practices, I'd lay money on a victory this next Sunday.

I's got the Texan Infection, and a victory is the only cure!!!

Khari
11-06-2006, 10:29 AM
The odds of us winning on the road go up as we lose.

Is that like the gambler's fallacy where people think heads is more likely to occur just because tails has happened 10 times in a row before... :spy:

Sarg01
11-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Jacksonville has been the most arrogant team in the league for a couple of years now. It's not just the fans - players, coach do it, too - they all think they're some sort of football gods.

The reality of the situation is that with the injuries they have, they're not fielding any more skill than we are. They'll have homefield this time, but they've got one of the weakest homefield advantages around.

I kinda saw this coming after that big blowout win they had - same thing happened last time, too. Everytime the Jags win big, their heads get just as large.

TexanSam
11-06-2006, 11:20 AM
The reality of the situation is that with the injuries they have, they're not fielding any more skill than we are.

I would disagree there. With all their injuries, they're still a good team. With most of our starters, we're still a bad team. They have much better depth than we do. They have more talent that the Texans do. We always play them close because it's the closest thing we have to a rivalry, but on paper, the Jags have better players.

Double Barrel
11-06-2006, 11:26 AM
I respect the Jaguars, but I'm not scared of them. And our team shouldn't be, either. We just beat them good a couple of weeks ago, and we just played a tight game against a very solid Giants team on the road. So I know we can do it. They just need to get out there and bring it again.

But thanks for the bulletin board quote, Fred.

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Just when I thought I couldn't dispise the Jagholes anymore. BTW, TexanBill that is one beautiful avatar. Does is come in wall sized too?

Nope, sorry that was a personal shot I took....

Hardcore Texan
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM

Now that's funny!

texflex513
11-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Sounds like we got into fred's head last game lol.

TEXANS 28 jagoffs 17.

Sarg01
11-06-2006, 01:28 PM
I would disagree there. With all their injuries, they're still a good team. With most of our starters, we're still a bad team. They have much better depth than we do. They have more talent that the Texans do. We always play them close because it's the closest thing we have to a rivalry, but on paper, the Jags have better players.

Are you so sure? For every spot that they have a Fred Taylor vs. Wali Lundy or a Deon Grant vs. CC Brown, we have an Andre Johnson vs. Matt Jones or a Owen Daniels vs. Kyle Brady. Apart from having lost Mike Peterson and Reggie Hayward for the season, the defense was without Stroud (#2 DT) and Cousins (nickelback) for the last game, and lost (#1 CB) Rashean Mathis, (#1 DT) Henderson and Cordova (their swing OLB) to injury.

I would say that we have a substantially better offensive group and they have (counting all their injuries) a slightly stronger defensive group. However, our defense hasn't performed badly at all the last several weeks.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 01:38 PM
haha. you guys are funny.

yeah, you beat us two weeks ago. go you guys.

henderson and mathis will both play this upcomming weekend. we had a 20-0 lead on the titans with the game under control and there was really no need to keep them in.

this sunday the jags will be fired up and ready to go barring the loss from our last meeting.

you all also seem to think we have a soft home field advantage. well clearly you havent been to jacksonville anytime recently. we've outscored out opposition 124-24 at home this season thus far, also holding two shutouts over the jets and steelers.

if any of you are planning on taking the trip down here this sunday, i'd recommend you save your money for another meanigless outing because this sunday will not be the texans sunday to say the least.

real
11-06-2006, 01:46 PM
or david garrard. whichever you feel better about losing to.

will that even the all time series ?

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 01:48 PM

regaurdless of where the series stands...have fun watching the playoffs this year with your team once again "re-grouping" and trying to figure out how to draft!

Vinny
11-06-2006, 01:49 PM
regaurdless of where the series stands...have fun watching the playoffs this year with your team once again "re-grouping" and trying to figure out how to draft!Thanks for passing on Dunta...you guys sure pick in front of us alot...

jagibelieve
11-06-2006, 01:53 PM

I normally don't talk smack, but that has to be the most ignorant statement yet. Fred has not missed any game time this season due to injury. You aren't the only one, there are a few others in this thread making the "fragile" comment, even though it's not warranted.

By the way, his comment is not "outragous" or "out of the question". Your team was the better team that Sunday, but this coming Sunday is a whole other ball game. Take a look at a few things.

1. There have been only 8 shutouts this season. Guess which team owns two of them? The answer is the Jaguars against the Steelers and the Jets (the last one with a score of 41-0).

2. The shutouts almost went 3-in-a-row at our home field, had a "garbage" touchdown not been allowed against the Titans (a team that you lost to). Score there was 37-7.

3. This time around we have a healthy quarterback (actually 3 healthy QB's).

4. The "fragile" running back that you speak of ran against you with 14 carries for 89 yards at an average of 5.3 yards per carry.

Keep up your optimism. I like that, but if you're going to start the "fragile" comments, PLEASE have some kind of data to back it up.

So to answer you, LCROD, yes he is healthy, and yes, he will put up 100+ yards against your team.

jagibelieve
11-06-2006, 01:58 PM

I could care less about the "all time series". I guess for some of you, that means something. Quite frankly, that's actually a compliment because it seems that you aspire to reach our level. When you actually reach .500 or better in a season, then we'll talk.

texaslifter
11-06-2006, 01:58 PM
I normally don't talk smack, but that has to be the most ignorant statement yet. Fred has not missed any game time this season due to injury. You aren't the only one, there are a few others in this thread making the "fragile" comment, even though it's not warranted.

By the way, his comment is not "outragous" or "out of the question". Your team was the better team that Sunday, but this coming Sunday is a whole other ball game. Take a look at a few things.

1. There have been only 8 shutouts this season. Guess which team owns two of them? The answer is the Jaguars against the Steelers and the Jets (the last one with a score of 41-0).

2. The shutouts almost went 3-in-a-row at our home field, had a "garbage" touchdown not been allowed against the Titans (a team that you lost to). Score there was 37-7.

4. The "fragile" running back that you speak of ran against you with 14 carries for 89 yards at an average of 5.3 yards per carry.

Keep up your optimism. I like that, but if you're going to start the "fragile" comments, PLEASE have some kind of data to back it up.

So to answer you, LCROD, yes he is healthy, and yes, he will put up 100+ yards against your team.

He hasn't played a complete season yet. Hows that for data?

Vinny
11-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I could care less about the "all time series". I guess for some of you, that means something.
What it means is simple...we usually beat you. We can uncomplicate anything you Jag fans get confused about quite easily. Just ask for some help.

texaslifter
regaurdless of where the series stands...have fun watching the playoffs this year with your team once again "re-grouping" and trying to figure out how to draft!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your team isn't exactly a lock for the playoffs either.

texasguy346
this sunday the jags will be fired up and ready to go barring the loss from our last meeting.

Well we all know how well the Jaguars play when they're fired up. I mean just look at the time they played us when they had a chance to control their playoff fate. They were really fired up for that game on their home field. How did that one end again? Oh that's right the Jags were shutout & ultimately missed the playoffs. Well I guess their "fired up" isn't quite what it's cracked up to be.

Bottom line is the Jags are a good team who the Texans always seem to play well against. If ol' Lefty is starting I feel much better about our chances of winning, but if Garrard is the starter (the smart move IMO, but with Del Rio the smart move isn't his forte) the Texans chances aren't as good. It'll be a fun game to watch I'm sure, but spare me the whole "fired up" thing.

Texan Asylum
11-06-2006, 02:01 PM

Welcome Jag...I feel there needs to be a whole lot more winning, on our side of the ball, before I feel comfortable enough to talk smack.

Good luck, but not enough to win!

texflex513
11-06-2006, 02:01 PM
yes he is healthy, and yes, he will put up 100+ yards against your team. and yes the jags will still lose the game :redtowel:

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your team isn't exactly a lock for the playoffs either.

a lock? no. a WAY higher probability than your team? oh yes!

real
11-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I could care less about the "all time series". I guess for some of you, that means something.

I'm sorry if you can't put two and two together....

But that means we usually beat you all....even when we're at our worst...

yet you feel confident enough to talk smack ??

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Well we all know how well the Jaguars play when they're fired up. I mean just look at the time they played us when they had a chance to control their playoff fate. They were really fired up for that game on their home field. How did that one end again? Oh that's right the Jags were shutout & ultimately missed the playoffs. Well I guess their "fired up" isn't quite what it's cracked up to be.

Bottom line is the Jags are a good team who the Texans always seem to play well against. If ol' Lefty is starting I feel much better about our chances of winning, but if Garrard is the starter (the smart move IMO, but with Del Rio the smart move isn't his forte) the Texans chances aren't as good. It'll be a fun game to watch I'm sure, but spare me the whole "fired up" thing.

have fun living in the past. we'll have fun beating you down this sunday.

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 02:05 PM

You guys will be doing the same thing if you don't beat us this week. That is why Fred Taylor is calling it out. He is one of the leaders on that team and if he guarantees a win he figures his team will play their hearts out. It is a smart move by Fred because you guys need this win, and if you don't beat us, I am pretty sure you guys will not make the playoffs this year.

Truthfully, I think this game will be close, and Fred Taylor will have a big game. But not big enough. Yall's QB needs to put on some rocket shoes to get away from Mario and DeMeco because they are coming, and they are going to wreck your "guarantee" party.

whiskeyrbl
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM

Yeah kinda like y'all will be. And as far as the draft, think this staff has their sh1t together on talent.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
You guys will be doing the same thing if you don't beat us this week. That is why Fred Taylor is calling it out. He is one of the leaders on that team and if he guarantees a win he figures his team will play their hearts out. It is a smart move by Fred because you guys need this win, and if you don't beat us, I am pretty sure you guys will not make the playoffs this year.

Truthfully, I think this game will be close, and Fred Taylor will have a big game. But not big enough. Yall's QB needs to put on some rocket shoes to get away from Mario and DeMeco because they are coming, and they are going to wreck your "guarantee" party.

this is the way i see it.
the game will be close if lefty starts. if garrard starts, you guys are toast.

i'm more worried about demeco than mario honestly.

and as far as the playoffs go, all we really need is 11-5, and even 10-6 can get a playoff birth this year. so i'm not to worried. especially since we'll be 6-3 by the end of the day on sunday.

if i'm wrong, i'll eat my crow. but i wont have to.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah kinda like y'all will be. And as far as the draft, think this staff has their sh1t together on talent.

really? because to me it looked like they dropped the ball when it came to chosing between bush and mario.

ooops.

real
11-06-2006, 02:13 PM
really? because to me it looked like they dropped the ball when it came to chosing between bush and mario.

ooops.

looked being past tense and all....

Does that mean you now see we made the right choice....

texasguy346
11-06-2006, 02:15 PM

Just try not to get too "fired up" about it. We all know how the Jags preform when they're fired up.

Austrian
11-06-2006, 02:15 PM

ooops.

Yeah right magic minus rusher bush.

PapaL
11-06-2006, 02:16 PM

1. Neither of those are us; we won that last time we played.

2. So you beat up the team that we gave a win to? Please...

3. Were none of your QB's healthy? Whose fault is it that Sandwich started?

4. Only 89 yards against "one of the worst" defenses in league? And still lost.

5. Your awfully optimistic about a guy who has started all 16 games once in his career. Don't get me wrong, I like him and all - but he's always missing games...kinda like the Jags when they play us. Someone is always missing or there is an excuse for losing to a "sorry" team.

Texan_Bill

This being Taylor's 10th season and he is on track (well halfway there) to playing in a full season for only the 3rd time (including this season) in his career? I'd say that's fairly "fragile"

JDizzle

Your #1 pick got benched for the guy who sang Rico Suave, you have no room to knock our draft, actually. And while you guys are watching the playoffs alongside us, make sure you don't overheat the Fondue and try to get your firewood pre-cut for the winter.

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
this is the way i see it.
the game will be close if lefty starts. if garrard starts, you guys are toast.

i'm more worried about demeco than mario honestly.

and as far as the playoffs go, all we really need is 11-5, and even 10-6 can get a playoff birth this year. so i'm not to worried. especially since we'll be 6-3 by the end of the day on sunday.

if i'm wrong, i'll eat my crow. but i wont have to.

Well, maybe you should worry about Mario. Your gonna eat those words when he starts throwing YOUR lineman left and right.

By the way, rewind a few weeks and remember a 20 point loss on your part. Let's see if our 4th and 6th round rookies can both score on you guys again.

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
but that has to be the most ignorant statement yet.....but if you're going to start the "fragile" comments, PLEASE have some kind of data to back it up.

Backed up: http://sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12753

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:19 PM
looked being past tense and all....

Does that mean you now see we made the right choice....

no, it actually means that you guys could maybe actually of had a winning record for a change if you took a hero over a zero! :redtowel:

Lucky
11-06-2006, 02:21 PM
"Guaranteeing" victory is almost always classless, and pointless. What's the payoff if Fred is wrong? He retires? He personally reemburses the fans for the tickets? Just a useless, arrogant statement.

I say almost always, because guaranteeing victory did work once for a team. When Joe Namath promised a Super Bowl victory against the heavily favored Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl, he fired up his Jets team and helped publize a game that was not yet "Super". But that's the exception that proves the rule. Does Taylor need to fire up his teammates in order to win this game? No, he was just showing a lack of class.

Austrian
11-06-2006, 02:21 PM
no, it actually means that you guys could maybe actually of had a winning record for a change if you took a hero over a zero! :redtowel:

And you could be aware that we don't care.

(bad rhyme I Know :chicken: )

run-david-run
11-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Is that like the gambler's fallacy where people think heads is more likely to occur just because tails has happened 10 times in a row before... :spy:Lol, banking on the law of averages is never the smartest thing to do

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, maybe you should worry about Mario. Your gonna eat those words when he starts throwing YOUR lineman left and right.

By the way, rewind a few weeks and remember a 20 point loss on your part. Let's see if our 4th and 6th round rookies can both score on you guys again.

i'm not doubting that we wernt ready for our last meeting...but mario had little to no effect on us minus one sack that was meaningless at that point in the game.

it'll be fun to watch carr eat dirt while henderson, spicer and the rest of our 2nd team d-line dismantle him.

Texas
11-06-2006, 02:23 PM
There undefeated at home but we still win

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Okay Vanilla Ice.....

run-david-run
11-06-2006, 02:24 PM

henderson and mathis will both play this upcomming weekend. we had a 20-0 lead on the titans with the game under control and there was really no need to keep them in.

you all also seem to think we have a soft home field advantage. well clearly you havent been to jacksonville anytime recently. we've outscored out opposition 124-24 at home this season thus far, also holding two shutouts over the jets and steelers.

if any of you are planning on taking the trip down here this sunday, i'd recommend you save your money for another meanigless outing because this sunday will not be the texans sunday to say the least.

All i have to say is 27-7 and that is far more convincing then anything you can spew out

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 02:26 PM
i'm not doubting that we wernt ready for our last meeting...but mario had little to no effect on us minus one sack that was meaningless at that point in the game.

it'll be fun to watch carr eat dirt while henderson, spicer and the rest of our 2nd team d-line dismantle him.

Haha, you obviously do not understand much football. It is okay, because Del Rio does, and he will definantely gameplan AWAY from Mario this time.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:26 PM
All i have to say is 27-7 and that is far more convincing then anything you can spew out

hah. point taken and deservedly so. may the best team win sunday!

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Haha, you obviously do not understand much football. It is okay, because Del Rio does, and he will definantely gameplan AWAY from Mario this time.

i dont understand football, huh?
i understand that he had little to do with how lefty played a few sundays ago.

lefty made mario look good.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Okay Vanilla Ice.....

and whats so wrong with vanilla ice!? i figured he was half of your boards main role model.

Texan Asylum
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
"Guaranteeing" victory is almost always classless, and pointless. What's the payoff if Fred is wrong? He retires? He personally reemburses the fans for the tickets? Just a useless, arrogant statement.

I say almost always, because guaranteeing victory did work once for a team. When Joe Namath promised a Super Bowl victory against the heavily favored Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl, he fired up his Jets team and helped publize a game that was not yet "Super". But that's the exception that proves the rule. Does Taylor need to fire up his teammates in order to win this game? No, he was just showing a lack of class.
So true!

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 02:31 PM
i dont understand football, huh?
i understand that he had little to do with how lefty played a few sundays ago.

lefty made mario look good.

Haha...good luck buddy...your gonna need it.

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 02:33 PM
I see that no Jag fan wants to get back on how fragile Fred Taylor is..........Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

The Pencil Neck
11-06-2006, 02:37 PM

Honestly, I figured the Jags would sweep us this year because you guys have a much better team. But your team (like ours) is really very delicate emotionally. You guys have every reason you should beat us: a stronger defense, a more experienced coaching staff, a huge homefield advantage (especially considering our really bad losing streak on the road). BUT. You guys frequently look past opponents and lose to guys you should beat. There's really a pretty good chance that we sweep you guys again this year.

No wonder you're talking smack. It's a defense mechanism to hide your insecurity.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:39 PM
I see that no Jag fan wants to get back on how fragile Fred Taylor is..........Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

no doubt his past has been injury ridden, but this season is different for fred. this past offseason he actually WASNT injured and had time to condition. he's been extremely solid this season, being ranked amungst the 10th in the NFL. with him and mojo as a one-two punch, our running game should once again rumble over your defense.

TEXANS84
11-06-2006, 02:41 PM

Yes, he was dismantled last time when we scored 20 more points than you did.

jagsfanincanada
11-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Just thought I'd clear up a few misconceptions in this thread.

1. We're 4-0 at home and have outscored opponents 111-24. We play well at home, for the people saying we have no home field advantage.

2. The Jaguars have a waiting list for season tickets.

3. Taylor has only missed a couple games due to injury the past few years. Not to mention we have an excellent back up in Maurice Jones-Drew, who leads rookie running backs in TDs and is averaging 4.6 ypc (0.1 less than Taylor). If Taylor goes down we have a good replacement, plus MJD is helping Taylor stay fresh.

4. Garrard will most likely be starting, so you might actually have to defend the pass this time, instead of watching Leftwich bounce balls into the grass behind his receivers. Not to mention he can scramble as well.

5. Lol at everyone saying how classless this is. People guarantee victory all the time. If one of your players did it you'd praise him for showing leadership and firing up his teammates. So shut up with this classless crap.

I won't go so far as to predict a Jags victory, but the ignorance in this thread is ridiculous.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Honestly, I figured the Jags would sweep us this year because you guys have a much better team. But your team (like ours) is really very delicate emotionally. You guys have every reason you should beat us: a stronger defense, a more experienced coaching staff, a huge homefield advantage (especially considering our really bad losing streak on the road). BUT. You guys frequently look past opponents and lose to guys you should beat. There's really a pretty good chance that we sweep you guys again this year.

No wonder you're talking smack. It's a defense mechanism to hide your insecurity.

atleast you, unlike most of your fellow fans, have enough sense to understand basic concepts of this fued.

what you fail to understand is i personally have no insecurity, only confidence, and with confidence comes my willingness to come here and talk smack.

TEXANS84
11-06-2006, 03:08 PM

3. Taylor has only missed a couple games due to injury the past few years. Not to mention we have an excellent back up in Maurice Jones-Drew, who leads rookie running backs in TDs and is averaging 4.6 ypc (0.1 less than Taylor). If Taylor goes down we have a good replacement, plus MJD is helping Taylor stay fresh.

MJD grew praise from our defenders last game in that he was a small-elusive runner, one of the better backs they've faced this year. I think he's going to be a great replacement for FT when he decides to retire or go somewhere else after this season (contract year).

And I for one was wanting Leftwich to play the last game because he's nowhere near as mobile as Garrard is. I believe this is going to be a completely different game with Garrard in as quarterback.

Lucky
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Lol at everyone saying how classless this is. People guarantee victory all the time. If one of your players did it you'd praise him for showing leadership and firing up his teammates. So shut up with this classless crap.
OK. I can see now how classy Taylor was to predict a win against a 2-6 team on his home turf. I just hope Fred displays the same type of leadership he gave the team on 10/22, when he coughed up the ball while the Jags were driving for the lead.

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 03:40 PM
OK. I can see now how classy Taylor was to predict a win against a 2-6 team on his home turf. I just hope Fred displays the same type of leadership he gave the team on 10/22, when he coughed up the ball while the Jags were driving for the lead.

I personally think it has nothing to do with class. The Jags need this game bad. Even though he predicted a win against a 2-6 team it shows how the rest of the league sees our team. Not as a 2-6 team but as a team that could beat you on any given sunday.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 03:42 PM
I personally think it has nothing to do with class. The Jags need this game bad. Even though he predicted a win against a 2-6 team it shows how the rest of the league sees our team. Not as a 2-6 team but as a team that could beat you on any given sunday.

exactly. we do need this win. the jaguars respect the texans as a team, as do i as a fan...but, to be honest, we have, at least on paper, a better team and should win this game. if we don't then i'm gunna hate to see this city on monday.

Osso
11-06-2006, 03:44 PM
the ignorance in this thread is ridiculous.

you're very correct

ooops.

If this guy thinks a 3rd down kick returner is worth more than mario then the ignorance meter just blew through the roof.:bananasplit:

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 03:46 PM
exactly. we do need this win. the jaguars respect the texans as a team, as do i as a fan...but, to be honest, we have, at least on paper, a better team and should win this game. if we don't then i'm gunna hate to see this city on monday.

Paper is paper. This isn't Dungeons and Dragons. Games are decided on the field, not on paper.

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Paper is paper. This isn't Dungeons and Dragons. Games are decided on the field, not on paper.

NICE!!!

QB75
11-06-2006, 04:24 PM
a lock? no. a WAY higher probability than your team? oh yes!

Not by much. But keep dreaming.

Charter PSL Fan
11-06-2006, 04:27 PM
The Houston Texans own the Jacksonville Pussycats.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Not by much. But keep dreaming.

not by much!?
haha. looks like youre the one whos dreaming.

MissouriTexan
11-06-2006, 04:28 PM

Go back to your message board if you don't contribute anything please.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Go back to your message board if you don't contribute anything please.

hmmm...how aboutttt...

no?!

GuerillaBlack
11-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by x904jagx

ooops.

Do you honestly believe that? Reggie has done squat sinc ebeing on the Saints (one punt return for a tD that had great blocking). Other than that, nothing.

GuerillaBlack
11-06-2006, 04:33 PM
hmmm...how aboutttt...

no?!

They don't like you there either?!?

:rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I have been to JAX plenty and All-Tarp errrrr All-Tell stadium is NOTHING to be proud of. I have seen more raucos crowds at High School games.

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
They don't like you there either?!?

:rolleyes:

hah. i'm not trying to have any of you texan fans like me. i'm not here for friends. i'm here to make your week as crappy as possible leading up to your beatdown on sunday!

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 04:37 PM
And when that doesn't happen, will you hide under your tarps?

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I have been to JAX plenty and All-Tarp errrrr All-Tell stadium is NOTHING to be proud of. I have seen more raucos crowds at High School games.

while you may think you make sence, you dont.

this all has to do with population and statistics of cities with NFL teams.

we have a smaller market, making it difficult to sell 70,000 plus tickets. our stadium still holds 65,000 plus.

either way you look at it, you can throw whatever you want out there. it all comes down to sunday!

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 04:39 PM
And when that doesn't happen, will you hide under your tarps?

nope. i'll eat my crow if that happens! and when you get beat?

Sarg01
11-06-2006, 04:41 PM
not by much!?

If we beat you this weekend, our chances will be pretty similar - i.e. win out for a lock, lose one and probably toast. You can give up one loss (apart from us), but you still have three huge games (Giants, Pats, Colts) to our two -Pats, Colts (with Colts fairly likely to sit their starters). Both our chances would be the same - not much.

No way we'll be consistent enough to win out - and your team isn't exactly a model of consistency either.

QB75
11-06-2006, 04:44 PM
not by much!?

Clinging to that 5-3 mid-season record as a case for making the playoffs? "haha" indeed.

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 04:45 PM
I will be here as usual, and in the event we are outplayed and lose, I will be a stand-up guy and take it.....

Dude it has eveything to do with you having so many black-outs that your owner cried to the league... Don't y'all make it point to let visitors know that you have the country's biggest city (I know thats area and not population), but you should draw folks from Georgia too. I mean isn't JAX in southern Georgia?

Besides, I don't see Green Bay not selling out. Thats a small market team. Charlotte's not that big of a city, St. Louis, Kansas City, etc. That is was will be a weak argument... Especially considering that JAX has been a darn good expansion team!

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 04:51 PM
I will be here as usual, and in the event we are outplayed and lose, I will be a stand-up guy and take it.....

Dude it has eveything to do with you having so many black-outs that your owner cried to the league... Don't y'all make it point to let visitors know that you have the country's biggest city (I know thats area and not population), but you should draw folks from Georgia too. I mean isn't JAX in southern Georgia?

Besides, I don't see Green Bay not selling out. Thats a small market team. Charlotte's not that big of a city, St. Louis, Kansas City, etc. That is was will be a weak argument... Especially considering that JAX has been a darn good expansion team!

all the teams you named are all long time franchises that have been cemented in the NFL or even AFL for a long time now except the panthers, who have also had problems selling out in the past.

no worries though. with our new waiting list what you have to say dosent both me!

michaelm
11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I could care less about the "all time series". I guess for some of you, that means something. Quite frankly, that's actually a compliment because it seems that you aspire to reach our level. When you actually reach .500 or better in a season, then we'll talk.

You're right, we haven't been a very good team, but YOUR team is 100% for sure on top of the list that OUR team is JUSTIFIED in talking smack to.

And if you don't care for the all time series, then what other criteria to go by but our most recent game?
Ooops, got ya there, too Jagoff...
I'm sure we'll see more of you IF your team manages to pull one out against a team that it has historically had trouble with, but until then, we got scoreboard on you chump, and there's not a lot you can say about that.

jagsfanincanada
11-06-2006, 05:33 PM
MJD grew praise from our defenders last game in that he was a small-elusive runner, one of the better backs they've faced this year. I think he's going to be a great replacement for FT when he decides to retire or go somewhere else after this season (contract year).

And I for one was wanting Leftwich to play the last game because he's nowhere near as mobile as Garrard is. I believe this is going to be a completely different game with Garrard in as quarterback.

Not only that but he's throwing the ball very well, much better than I've ever seen him throw it. Granted it was against Tennessee but we'll see.

As for the other jags fan in this thread, I don't speak for him.

PapaL
11-06-2006, 05:48 PM
So lets see - we've established Freddy really has been fragile, people in JAX can't watch their own team play, and the thing about the all-time record. Not bad for 2-6 team facing off against a 5-3 Juggernaut. Your suppose to beat us, but for some reason you can't and haven't.

Txn_in_Oki
11-06-2006, 06:01 PM
When we get beat? Like a few weeks ago? Isn't that what was expected? The Texans were supposed to have their a-double-s's handed to them and it didn't happen. The "D" is looking good and thanks to your broke down RB they have another reason to bring the pain. Can't wait to see Mario and Demeco add to their sacks and kick the Jags in theirs. Well, that fleshy patch where their sacks should be.

:redtowel:

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 06:04 PM

we have a smaller market, making it difficult to sell 70,000 plus tickets. our stadium still holds 65,000 plus.

either way you look at it, you can throw whatever you want out there. it all comes down to sunday!

I am pretty sure Jacksonville is the biggest city (land wise) in the US. I know they are top 3. They have plenty of fans.

JDizzle
11-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Not only that but he's throwing the ball very well, much better than I've ever seen him throw it. Granted it was against Tennessee but we'll see.

As for the other jags fan in this thread, I don't speak for him.

Were the majority of fans calling for Gerrard to start before Del Rio announced it? 6-1 as a starter is kind of hard to ignore. If our backup had that kind of record here the MB servers would fry.

Wolf
11-06-2006, 06:26 PM

what gets me is y'all weren't ready, y'all were coming off of a bye week. was 2 weeks not enough?

valleytexfan
11-06-2006, 06:33 PM
:excited:

ansuz118
11-06-2006, 06:39 PM
we win!if for no other reason than they still believe they lost because or BLs ankle i think it had more to do with all those red jerseys than bls ankle!we win because it is time to win!we win because jax sucks,I a die hard fan from the start will guranteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!

Nawzer
11-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Man it's only Monday. I still haven't fully recovered from yesterday's loss...

texan2347
11-06-2006, 08:30 PM
we will win................................

Texans_Chick
11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
My take on this can be found here:

Link: "Unable to Hide His Massive Insecurity, Fred Taylor Guarantees a Win Against the Texans" (http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/06/unable-to-hide-his-massive-insecurity-fred-taylor-guarantees-a/)

Lots of nice links in that entry explaining my points.

Blogging can be very fun. Because it makes me laugh. :redtowel:

jagsfanincanada
11-06-2006, 10:16 PM
I am pretty sure Jacksonville is the biggest city (land wise) in the US. I know they are top 3. They have plenty of fans.

Jacksonville is the biggest city in the US land-wise, but it's the second-smallest market in the NFL population wise. Only Green Bay is smaller, and Milwaukee technically isn't counted in their market size.

Texans Horror
11-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Nice one. I think Peyton should guarantee victories against Buffalo and Miami, just so he can look as cool as Freddie.

TxAg
11-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Fred Taylor will feel the pain Monday morning from DeMeco and Mario Slamming him all day:fireball::bowser:

disaacks3
11-06-2006, 10:59 PM

Hmmm, let's see how silly this argument is...

New Orleans has 2/3 the population, but sells out a 70,000-seat dome. You have to cover your seats in tarps again why???

x904jagx
11-06-2006, 11:37 PM
hahaha. i just cant wait to bury your sorry excuse for a team and finally get you all to shutup!

TexansSeminole
11-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Jacksonville is the biggest city in the US land-wise, but it's the second-smallest market in the NFL population wise. Only Green Bay is smaller, and Milwaukee technically isn't counted in their market size.

Dude, there are Jacksonville fans here in Tallahassee. Last year I went on a road trip through Tampa and Orlando to Palm Beach and there are plenty of Jaguars fans all throughout that area. There is no borders as where Jacksonville fans, or any cities fans can appear. How many people live in Jacksonville alone? 800,000?

ScrewDrvr
11-07-2006, 12:15 AM
2-6 team talking smack ? ROTFLMAO.

x904jagx
11-07-2006, 12:25 AM
The last time we played you all, I went to your site and you *****s had us loosing by 28! Here we go again and after we win on Sunday you guys can find more excuses to why you lost twice this year. Oh and our draft picks have produced way more than yours. The Jags suck! Bring it!!

actually, it had us winning by 20 on accident because the scores were reversed. it was an html mistake. i believe i viewed a portion of your site today where it said you all beat the giants 17-10. man, what a bunch of morons! everyone knows you clearly lost!

but, being a texans fan i can see how youre math would be off along with your skewed perception of a "good" football team.

TexansSeminole
11-07-2006, 12:37 AM
I have to say, Jaguars fans talk more crap than any other team. I love beating you guys. Let's see how well your offense plays against our defense. I bet our front 7 have 3 sacks.

michaelm
11-07-2006, 02:11 AM
hahaha. i just cant wait to bury your sorry excuse for a team and finally get you all to shutup!

You can get as all to "shut up", so to speak, by not being present on our boards talking trash to us about a team that killed yours a few weeks ago, and has a winning record against your team.
It really proves your intelligence that you come here talking trash after we just embarrassed your heroes...

I'll dance a little jig when you miss the playoffs by one game... even if you win the next one, I'll still do that jig if you miss out by one game.

Won't that be painful again?

It's no wonder your trolling here... you hope to exercise the demons of Jaguar past...

We have the freedom of knowing our team isn't very good right now. You are shackled by the hope that yours is when it just isn't...

nothing you say to us really has the power to hurt us, but I suspect that the opposite isn't true.

Rage on, intrepid troll... maybe you'll make yourself feel all better..

HAHAHAHA

jagibelieve
11-07-2006, 07:04 AM
So lets see - we've established Freddy really has been fragile, people in JAX can't watch their own team play, and the thing about the all-time record. Not bad for 2-6 team facing off against a 5-3 Juggernaut. Your suppose to beat us, but for some reason you can't and haven't.

I'm still catching up with this thread from yesterday, so let me just address a few points here.

1. Call Fred Taylor what you want. The mis-statement earlier in this thread by someone (not sure who it was) was that he has yet to play a full season. That is absolutly false. Also, the injuries that he suffered were not "simple little injuries" that heal quickly. As an example, rip your groin muscle off of your thigh bone and see how quickly you are ready to run/cut full speed.

2. I can only speak for myself when I say that I do not miss home games, and if I do, my tickets go to people who will use them. As a young NFL city, the fan base is growing every season. Sure people mock the tarps in the stadium, but seeing how the population in this market is not big enough at this point to fill a 70,000+ seat stadium, it's actually a very smart move. By the way, I would hardly brag about attendance. I have the telecast footage of our last game at your stadium, and either there were a lot of "no shows', or several of your fans were dressed as empty seats.

3. As far as the "all time record", well, as I said before, it apparently means a whole lot more to you Texans fans than it does to anyone else. How many times has your team had a season record .500 or better? How many times have you made it to the playoffs? How many AFC Championships have you played in? The fact of the matter is when you play the Jaguars, it's your super bowl, because that's as close as your team has ever gotten there.

jagibelieve
11-07-2006, 07:14 AM
So the Jags are a good football team???? So we tore you guys a new one but yall are the better team????? HMMM??? We stomp you guys into the ground, but you are still a better team??????? HMMMM????? Oh BTW I never have the Texans beating anyone, I understand where we are and what we are doing. A win is a bonus, progression and development is the key for our team. But hey we get another chance to prove you idots wrong once again, so I am looking forward to playing you guys!
I would say yes definatly Jacksonville has the better team. Every good team loses games that they are "supposed" to win, case in point, look at the Bears this last weekend. Another case in point, you all lost to a very sorry Titans team. People like to throw around the "any given Sunday" phrase quite a bit. There is somewhat some truth to that.

Win or lose, I'll be here Monday to discuss the game. As I said in my ealier post yesterday, I normally don't talk a whole lot of smack, I just call 'em like I see 'em. I was here after our loss last game to congratulate, and if we lose this Sunday, I will gladly eat my crow on Monday.

jagibelieve
11-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Hello Troll,

Every team is competing for a Super Bowl and your team either has a Super Bowl Championship, much less an appearance, or they don't. So far, neither the Texans nor the Jaguars have a Championship. That makes them equal in the record that matters.

First of all, I'm not a troll. I have been around this board for some time (longer than you), and usually discuss rather than trash talk.

Second of all, it's you Texans fans that bring up the "all time record" against the Jaguars as if it means anything. To me, making it to the playoffs, winning the division and making it to the Super Bowl are the goals of each team every season. Those are the records that have any significance. "All time record" between teams means absolutly nothing, unless you are a Texans fan.

Texan_Bill
11-07-2006, 07:31 AM
2-6 team talking smack ? ROTFLMAO.

YUP a 2-6 team - that smacked the Jag*ffs like little (pregnant dogs)....

Osso
11-07-2006, 07:31 AM
First of all, I'm not a troll. I have been around this board for some time (longer than you), and usually discuss rather than trash talk.

Second of all, it's you Texans fans that bring up the "all time record" against the Jaguars as if it means anything. To me, making it to the playoffs, winning the division and making it to the Super Bowl are the goals of each team every season. Those are the records that have any significance. "All time record" between teams means absolutly nothing, unless you are a Texans fan.

Due to free agency, firing's, hireing's, retireing's, injuries and drafts....The only records that mean anything are current. We own you 1-0 good luck catching us and possibly tieing it up on Sunday.

I know for a fact that we have a least 5 rookies starters that have never seen your sorry team before 4 weeks ago and they could care less about who you beat when. They only know its one and OH!

Texan_Bill
11-07-2006, 07:37 AM
:ok: actually, it had us winning by 20 on accident because the scores were reversed. it was an html mistake. i believe i viewed a portion of your site today where it said you all beat the giants 17-10. man, what a bunch of morons! everyone knows you clearly lost!

Nice....... a html mistake.......:ok:

What does our game with the Giants have to do with the 27-7 spanking that y'all took at the hands of the 'lowly' Texans?

Texan_Bill
11-07-2006, 08:15 AM
you all lost to a very sorry Titans team.

This is true, but we are here to discuss the Jags v. Texans match-up. The facts are that even if y'all do win this Sunday, the all-time records between our two teams are 5-5..... Now, lets compare:

Jags - Good teams. Made the play-offs and were supposed super bowl contenders.

Texans - 5th season as an expansion team, 2nd head coach/coaching staff in 5 years. Most fans on this board know who we are right now, and the holes we need to fill.

Don't you think you should be dominating this series?

HJam72
11-07-2006, 08:20 AM
...or several of your fans were dressed as empty seats.

Oh, now you gotta problem with how I dress!??? :mad:

Texan_Bill
11-07-2006, 08:22 AM

I should have included this with my last post. I don't think you are a troll as you tend to discuss topics rather than "you suck" posts....

Anyway, I hear what you are saying about all-time records v. overall season results. But I think what I am trying to convey by bringing up the head to head match-up is that there should be domination there and there isn't. In fact, I seem to remember the Texans preventing the Jags from making the play-offs one year when y'all laid an egg at home..... That shouldn't happen, nor should losing consistently to the present and past Texans for a team that some of your (braggard) fans boast should be super bowl contenders.

real
11-07-2006, 08:40 AM
To me, making it to the playoffs, winning the division and making it to the Super Bowl are the goals of each team every season. Those are the records that have any significance.

What does that have to do with head-to-head match-ups ?

If that was the case then why don't you come troll all year ?:bowser:

xfive4x
11-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Fred Taylor needed to make this guarantee. I respect the Texans, but the fact remains that the Jaguars have no excuse losing to them, especially not at home. The Jaguars are a team who expect to win the playoffs, and to do so they must win the games they are supposed to win and at least split the other ones. The Jaguars have to go into this game with a huge chip on their shoulder, and Fred Taylor's comments put the pressure squarely on his shoulders. The Texans are already going to be fired up, they always are playing the Jags. The question is, will the Jags be fired up? Fred said exactly what he should have.

real
11-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Fred Taylor needed to make this guarantee. I respect the Texans, but the fact remains that the Jaguars have no excuse losing to them, especially not at home. The Jaguars are a team who expect to win the playoffs, and to do so they must win the games they are supposed to win and at least split the other ones. The Jaguars have to go into this game with a huge chip on their shoulder, and Fred Taylor's comments put the pressure squarely on his shoulders. The Texans are already going to be fired up, they always are playing the Jags. The question is, will the Jags be fired up? Fred said exactly what he should have.

You can save that for Jag fans...:yawn:

brewhaus
11-07-2006, 09:12 AM

I've got no problem with Fred talking "smack", since at this point that is all it is......come Sunday we'll see if he mans up. No doubt the Jags are looking for some payback. Hey, that is the stuff that makes for great football games.

Texans_Chick
11-07-2006, 09:14 AM

Yeah, most coaches want their players to provide bulletin board material for the other team. Pressure squarely on Taylor's shoulders??? How about the newish staring quarterback for the Jags? I am guessing Garrard is really happy about Fred getting mouthy to the team that already wants to crush him.

MJD sums it up nicely:

"Fred Taylor, in an apparent effort to erode what's left of his masculinity, has guaranteed a win against the 2-6 Houston Texans."

Link (http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/07/cliff-stoudt-notes-10-07-06/)

Personally, I think he should keep talking. Most truly good teams don't need this sort of mouthiness.

QB75
11-07-2006, 09:17 AM
actually, it had us winning by 20 on accident because the scores were reversed. it was an html mistake. i believe i viewed a portion of your site today where it said you all beat the giants 17-10. man, what a bunch of morons! everyone knows you clearly lost!

but, being a texans fan i can see how youre math would be off along with your skewed perception of a "good" football team.

The last thing Jags fans should be talking about are other teams' fans skewed perception of a good football team.

TexansLucky13
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM

Nobody talks back to BattleRedToro on my watch! :mad:

The Jags fans are just a little violated by their lack of a winning record against the Texans.

Prepare to have your world rocked once again, pal.

TxAg
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Fred Taylor just talks he knows the Texans have already took it to them and he is just trying to get people excited.I just feel the Texans are going to explode on them:redtowel::hunter:

TexansLucky13
11-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Fred Taylor just talks he knows the Texans have already took it to them and he is just trying to get people excited.I just feel the Texans are going to explode on them:redtowel::hunter:

You have a bad*** avatar, buddy!

Gig'em and BTHO Nebraska!

Texans... BTHO the Jags!

TxAg
11-07-2006, 09:25 AM
WHOOOOOOP! :redtowel:

jagibelieve
11-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I should have included this with my last post. I don't think you are a troll as you tend to discuss topics rather than "you suck" posts....

Anyway, I hear what you are saying about all-time records v. overall season results. But I think what I am trying to convey by bringing up the head to head match-up is that there should be domination there and there isn't. In fact, I seem to remember the Texans preventing the Jags from making the play-offs one year when y'all laid an egg at home..... That shouldn't happen, nor should losing consistently to the present and past Texans for a team that some of your (braggard) fans boast should be super bowl contenders.

You do have a point there, and guess what folks? This is what starts rivalries. Both teams are young (by NFL standards), and we all want the best from our teams.

By the way, I have never come here and said that our team is a super bowl contender. We're getting close, but not quite there. When the Jaguars team shows up EVERY week that dominated the Jets and the Titans, then I would declare them super bowl contenders.

By the way... you guys suck! (LOL, just kidding). This should get more fun as the week goes on.

jagibelieve
11-07-2006, 10:05 AM
What does that have to do with head-to-head match-ups ?

If that was the case then why don't you come troll all year ?:bowser:

I'll let you in on a little secret... I am here pretty much once a week.

Head-to-head matchups don't really mean much to me.

jagibelieve
11-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Nobody talks back to BattleRedToro on my watch! :mad:

The Jags fans are just a little violated by their lack of a winning record against the Texans.

Prepare to have your world rocked once again, pal.
You want to place an avatar or sig bet on that? As I said before, a "winning record" against the Texans means nothing to me. Winning this Sunday does.

real
11-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I'll let you in on a little secret... I am here pretty much once a week.

Head-to-head matchups don't really mean much to me.

You don't make sense....

Look at the title of this thread....

It is clearly about the head-to-head match up....not about who has the better franchise....

Double Barrel
11-07-2006, 10:21 AM

And still the best you can hope for is a .500 record against our sorry excuse for a team. What's that say about your team? :hmmm:

3. As far as the "all time record", well, as I said before, it apparently means a whole lot more to you Texans fans than it does to anyone else. How many times has your team had a season record .500 or better? How many times have you made it to the playoffs? How many AFC Championships have you played in? The fact of the matter is when you play the Jaguars, it's your super bowl, because that's as close as your team has ever gotten there.

I'll readily admit that we have a bad team, and have always had a bad team in our first five seasons. But yet, the Jags continually lose to us. Heck you went .500 against us in the first two seasons, and then got swept in our third. :shades:

BTW, the Jags have won the same amount of AFC Championship games as the Texans. At the end of the day, 31 teams are losers every year. I could care less what the rankings of losing teams are, because it's pointless. Our teams are still in the same boat.

texansfanquecaneh
11-07-2006, 10:37 AM

So why are you here?:dontknowa

powerfuldragon
11-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah, most coaches want their players to provide bulletin board material for the other team. Pressure squarely on Taylor's shoulders??? How about the newish staring quarterback for the Jags? I am guessing Garrard is really happy about Fred getting mouthy to the team that already wants to crush him.

MJD sums it up nicely:

"Fred Taylor, in an apparent effort to erode what's left of his masculinity, has guaranteed a win against the 2-6 Houston Texans."

Link (http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/07/cliff-stoudt-notes-10-07-06/)

Personally, I think he should keep talking. Most truly good teams don't need this sort of mouthiness.

These two made me laugh hardest:

• Michael Strahan is missing two-to-eight teeth-- weeks (http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/06/giants-strahan-out-2-8-weeks/).
• The overpaid rookie of the week? Reggie Bush (http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/06/overpaid-player-of-the-week-reggie-bush/). The Saints are so dumb for not taking Mario Williams.

jagibelieve
11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
You don't make sense....

Look at the title of this thread....

It is clearly about the head-to-head match up....not about who has the better franchise....

Um... no.

This thread is about Fred Taylor saying that this game will be different from the last. This time we won't lose. That's about all that the "head-to-head" matchup means. He says nothing about your coveted "all time record".

Speaking of all time records, I wonder what the all time record for having sub-.500 seasons is?

real
11-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Um... no.

This thread is about Fred Taylor saying that this game will be different from the last. This time we won't lose. That's about all that the "head-to-head" matchup means. He says nothing about your coveted "all time record".

Yeah....Fred Taylor gauranteeing a win has nothing to do with head-to-head match-ups.....:crazy:

Fact is, you guys need a win here....You guys have the pressure on your shoulders....We spanked you pretty good last time and your players(and fans) are feeling the pressure of not getting swept by a "bad" team....So you make foolish gaurantees.....Good luck with that....

mootini
11-07-2006, 11:50 AM
IT SHALL HAPPEN!!!! Payback time!!!! :)

rafterticket
11-07-2006, 12:03 PM
IT SHALL HAPPEN!!!! Payback time!!!! :)

If there is anyone on your team less able to guarantee victory, it would be your punter. No offense to your punter.

Texans_Chick
11-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Speaking of all time records, I wonder what the all time record for having sub-.500 seasons is?

I am guessing Colts fans wouldn't be bringing this particular sort of lame smack.

Do you wear one of these shirts to a game?

http://www.t-shirtmojo.com/Images/6009/scaled_f223_480x640_InsecureTemporary%20Detail%20P age%20Web.jpg

michaelm
11-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Um... no.

I dunno, you've had 6 of them(out of 12), maybe you can tell us...

jagsfanincanada
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I dunno, you've had 6 of them(out of 12), maybe you can tell us...

And you're 4 for 4.

Regardless of the fact you guys match up well with us, getting 1-2 wins a year against us doesn't mean jack if you can't translate that success against other teams. What happened when you guys played Dallas? Tennessee? Philadelphia? If you guys are happy with being successful against one team out of 32, all the power to you. You can throw it in our faces that you beat us all you want. It might bother some Jags fans, but it doesn't bother me. Why? Because when we're in the playoffs and you've just completed another 4-12 season, the thought of texans fans still revelling in their victory against us makes me laugh.

bah007
11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
And you're 4 for 4.

Regardless of the fact you guys match up well with us, getting 1-2 wins a year against us doesn't mean jack if you can't translate that success against other teams. What happened when you guys played Dallas? Tennessee? Philadelphia? If you guys are happy with being successful against one team out of 32, all the power to you. You can throw it in our faces that you beat us all you want. It might bother some Jags fans, but it doesn't bother me. Why? Because when we're in the playoffs and you've just completed another 4-12 season, the thought of texans fans still revelling in their victory against us makes me laugh.

Yea. But we still won.

The Pencil Neck
11-07-2006, 06:18 PM

That's actually an interesting question. The Texans aren't ANYWHERE close to those records. I eyeballed this so there might be errors:

8 years - Steelers 64-71 (built the dynasty)
8 years - Cardinals 38-45
8 years - Cardinals 99-06
8 years - Giants 73-80
9 years - Cardinals 85-93
9 years - Colts 78-86
9 years - Rams 90-98 (Superbowl next year)
10 years - Falcons 81-90
10 years - Broncos 63-72
11 years - Eagles 33-43
12 years - New Orleans 67-78
15 years - Buccaneers 82-96

The Pencil Neck
11-07-2006, 06:29 PM
And you're 4 for 4.

Wow. Yeah, you guys are a DYNASTY. POWERHOUSE. Getting to the playoffs year after ... uh... well... not so much. You've been to the playoffs one time the entire time that the Texans have been a franchise.

I guess you're happy not getting to the playoffs year after year and living on the memories of the times you almost got to the superbowl oh so long ago. You may or may not get to the playoffs this year and we'd be more than happy to keep you from going there. Think about that for a moment. You realize, of course, that 2 years ago we swept you guys. And if we hadn't, you would have made the playoffs.

So what are you gloating about? 1 playoff appearance in the past 6-7 years where you lost 28-3 to the Patriots?

jagsfanincanada
11-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Wow. Yeah, you guys are a DYNASTY. POWERHOUSE. Getting to the playoffs year after ... uh... well... not so much. You've been to the playoffs one time the entire time that the Texans have been a franchise.

I guess you're happy not getting to the playoffs year after year and living on the memories of the times you almost got to the superbowl oh so long ago. You may or may not get to the playoffs this year and we'd be more than happy to keep you from going there. Think about that for a moment. You realize, of course, that 2 years ago we swept you guys. And if we hadn't, you would have made the playoffs.

So what are you gloating about? 1 playoff appearance in the past 6-7 years where you lost 28-3 to the Patriots?

That's what I'm talking about. You're still savoring victories from 2 years ago. I guess when you only win a few games every year you have to savor the wins you do get. You can talk all the smack you want about how you beat us, it just completely proves my point. We're a winning team, 12-4 last year and on pace for 10-6 this year. You're a losing team, and the highlight of your year seems to be when you beat us. That's great. Good for you. But it makes me laugh that beating us 2 years ago is the highlight of your franchise history.

Wolf
11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
if beating you keeps you out of the playoffs.. loss is a loss.

on a side note, I think the Jags will come out fired up this weekend and make it tough on us.. if we are going to win,I am not sure..we play well against the jags, but I think we woke them up weeks ago..

QB75
11-07-2006, 08:58 PM
And you're 4 for 4.

What makes me laught is that you are projecting the Jags to be in the playoffs. Now THAT is funny.

Sarg01
11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
But it makes me laugh that beating us 2 years ago is the highlight of your franchise history.

Ridiculous. Beating the Jaguars 3 weeks ago is the highlight you're talking about. :redtowel:

THEFUTURE
11-07-2006, 11:55 PM
hate to bust jags fans balls, but you continue to tell us to not live in the past, however you do the same thing.... you talk about the playoffs you WERE in, so lets stay in the moment... the most recent meeting.... a 27-7 beating givin to you by the Texans, and this isn't about getting all hyped on the fact that we beat 1 out of 32 teams like you point out... its the fact that your running back has a big mouth, and doesn't really have much to back it up with recently... 16 carries for 80+ yards, yeah cool.... if im not mistaken, he also coughed up a fumble. GOOD JOB FRED... maybe Freddy should just stick to making smarter guarantees. like "im gonna hold on the the football" for starters, or maybe "our team is gonna play well", to make such a bold statement that the Jags are gonna win, is ridiculous... you talk about our victories not translating to playing up against other teams, i dont hear any other teams that i know of, guaranteeing victory over a team, that just beat them a few weeks ago.... most Texans fans would admit we are inconsistent, and usually kinda bad, but thats not the point... because we are playing the Jags this week. and against the Jags, we play well. and have beat you more times than you have beat us, including really the only game that matters now of the whole series, the one from a couple weeks ago. so we can brag and say what we want about the Texans vs. Jags matchup, cuz we earned this one. you dont see us going around saying we are better than the colts, better than the chargers, cuz we havent earned that yet. but we have against the Jags.... and dont talk about our drafting... mario has 4 1/2 sacks, Ryans is 4th in the league in tackles, our tackles need time like most offensive linemen do, lundy needs more consistency, but he tored up the jags, 19-93 yards and a touch, Owen Daniels is i believe 2nd in the NFL in TE touchdown catches, and 15th in the entire league... not a bad draft, huh

michaelm
11-08-2006, 05:15 AM
And you're 4 for 4.

So let me get this straight...

You, A JAGS FAN, expected to come to our message boards and talk about how we lost to the cowgirls, Titans, or Eagles... but not about how we just beat you?
That is the most laughably absurd thing I've heard in a while...

"Hi, jagsfanincanada... welcome to our message boards."
"What's that? You want to talk about the next game our teams play? The very next game? The one four days from now?"
"I'm sure you do."
"Come again? Oh, the game we played three weeks ago?"
"I'd rather not... but how about that game we lost to Philly 8 weeks ago... that's relevant."

ScrewDrvr
11-08-2006, 05:53 AM
a 2-6 team talking smack? ROTFLMAO.

michaelm
11-08-2006, 06:13 AM

It's not as funny as fans of a team going onto another teams boards and talking smack about a team that dismantled them only three games ago.

I can see why this thread is getting so much action...

Any fan that can come in here talking smack under those circumstances can certainly identify with Freddy Taylor's insecurity...

ScrewDrvr
11-08-2006, 06:52 AM
It's not as funny as fans of a team going onto another teams boards and talking smack about a team that dismantled them only three games ago.

I can see why this thread is getting so much action...

Any fan that can come in here talking smack under those circumstances can certainly identify with Freddy Taylor's insecurity...

powerfuldragon
11-08-2006, 07:04 AM
who the eff are you?

HoustonFan
11-08-2006, 07:08 AM
It almost sounds as if Fred is looking past us. Fred, shut up. Don't do the Roy Williams. Just play the game Sunday, and try to stay healthy.

QB75
11-08-2006, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE=jagsfanincanada;492669] We're a winning team, 12-4 last year and on pace for 10-6 this year.

10-6? Yeah sure.

Texanfan4ever
11-08-2006, 08:21 AM

Is that all you have to say? That's weak!!!! I think the "Big L" is necessary in your case. This is OUR board.

TxAg
11-08-2006, 08:24 AM
All I can say is

BTHOJ:redtowel:

rafterticket
11-08-2006, 11:55 AM

A great team like yours that can't beat us consistently over 5 years? And YOU think it's not funny? You had to sweep us last year to get back to even!

There is something wrong with your great team, when 3 weeks ago our poor, lowly team and fans were pretty darn sure going in that we had a good chance against you - and we were all correct.

Please keep posting. Our little 2-6 team owns you. Worst part is, you know it.

ScrewDrvr
11-08-2006, 02:01 PM
A great team like yours that can't beat us consistently over 5 years? And YOU think it's not funny? You had to sweep us last year to get back to even!

There is something wrong with your great team, when 3 weeks ago our poor, lowly team and fans were pretty darn sure going in that we had a good chance against you - and we were all correct.

Please keep posting. Our little 2-6 team owns you. Worst part is, you know it.

a 2-6 team talking smack. ROTFLMAO!

Texans_Chick
11-08-2006, 04:06 PM

The only thing more pathetic than being 2-6 team, is being a player or a fan of another team that feels compelled to smacktalk a 2-6 team. It is amazingly insecure behavior.

I am the last person to be a fan of the Colts or the Peyton, but int a million zillion years, I can't image the Peyton feeling the need to guarantee a win against the Texans when they were fixing to play in the RCA Dome

The Jaguars are a demonstration of How Not To Act, as a fan or a team, when it finally gets to respectable win territory. Not all Jag fans are this way, but geez, you sure do have a lot of them in your fanbase.

In my Chroncle blog, I have referenced Fred as the "Un-Namath (http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2006/11/the_unnamath_fred_taylor_guara.html)". You know, like if you are going to make a mouthy win guarantee, maybe you should have the stones to do it when you aren't favored by 10 1/2 at home.:cowboy1:

Texan_Bill
11-08-2006, 04:12 PM
TC, Have you ever been to Jacksonville? Of course they are insecure. They have an identity crisis. They don't know if they are Florida or Southern Georgia....

Texans_Chick
11-08-2006, 04:32 PM
TC, Have you ever been to Jacksonville? Of course they are insecure. They have an identity crisis. They don't know if they are Florida or Southern Georgia....

Yeah. I went there when they had a football team and we didn't. And I couldn't believe that such a puny place had a football team, and it made me sad.

Their sportspage was mostly AP articles, and a story on swimming was on the front page of the sports.

Swimming???!

Texan_Bill
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Yep, thats the place........Hillarious!! I used to 'have' to go there on a regular basis (project) and I have visited All-Tarp a couple of times prior to the Super Bowl Renovation. With that said, the stadium made me laugh. The Dome is in better shape today than that was a few years ago. Oh by the way, be carefull about calling that town puny. They will be quick to point out that it is the largest city in the country --- area wise..... ;)

Swimming on the front page of a town's newspaper tells you everything you need to know about that city....

rafterticket
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM

:crying: I just can't post anymore. I am broken...

trutexan02
11-08-2006, 05:34 PM
You know with the frequency I see opposing team fan posting in our forums makes me wonder if any of our boys/girls sound this rediculous on their boards....
Hmm food for thought.

Double Barrel
11-08-2006, 05:42 PM

4 posts and all say the same thing. Thanks for adding something worthwhile to our forums....not. :loser

It is quite amusing that a 2-6 team would have something to talk smack about. I have to give the Jags big thanks for providing us with that situation. :ok:

run-david-run
11-08-2006, 06:11 PM
no doubt his past has been injury ridden, but this season is different for fred. this past offseason he actually WASNT injured and had time to condition. he's been extremely solid this season, being ranked amungst the 10th in the NFL. with him and mojo as a one-two punch, our running game should once again rumble over your defense.

Yep, to the tune of 7 points and a total offensive output of about 200 yards, way to go! Oh, and a game changing fumble, almost forgot about that one!

run-david-run
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
all the teams you named are all long time franchises that have been cemented in the NFL or even AFL for a long time now except the panthers, who have also had problems selling out in the past.

no worries though. with our new waiting list what you have to say dosent both me!

The Panthers expansion team was coached by our dear former coach Dom Capers and only preceds your by a few years. Looks like you better find another excuse.

run-david-run
11-08-2006, 06:15 PM
4 posts and all say the same thing. Thanks for adding something worthwhile to our forums....not. :loser

It is quite amusing that a 2-6 team would have something to talk smack about. I have to give the Jags big thanks for providing us with that situation. :ok:
Maybe they should mention this is the same 2-6 team that wipped the floor with their "play-off contending" Jags. 27-7? Ouch!

Wolf
11-12-2006, 03:45 PM
well, guess he is getting kicked off of the psychic friends network

PapaL
11-12-2006, 04:44 PM

71 yards and a loss. Complete waste of breathe. Oh wait he did average 5.3 yards and a loss again. Better luck next year.

whiskeyrbl
11-12-2006, 05:25 PM

We are the ones laughing and it 3-6 now,ummmm 2 of 3 wins against you if you didn't know. And once again it looks like y'all will be watching the playoffs again thanks to us, I'll understand if you don't thank us right now. OOOOOOO now we lead the all Time series 6-4, does that make ya wanna laugh some more.:marionaner:

NFLforher
11-12-2006, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=jagsfanincanada;492669] We're a winning team, 12-4 last year and on pace for 10-6 this year.

10-6? Yeah sure.

Did you watch the game? Lol..lol..lol..:stirpot:

TexansSeminole
11-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Swept.

QB75
11-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Swept.

Convincingly too. As I said, Jags are done.

Double Barrel
11-12-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't think we'll see most of these Jags fans for the rest of the season. :D OWNED!

Lucky
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Maybe Fred will be so kind to guarantee a Bills victory over the Texans next week? :highfive:

eriadoc
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't know about y'all, but I'm kind of sad to see the Jags go. It'd be nice to play them every week. Their place, our place, the moon .... doesn't matter :cowboy1:

HeartofHouston
11-13-2006, 10:01 AM
What alot of people don't know is that when a player guarentees a win and the win does not occur it actually disturbs the pysche of the team in the long term. So I think that Taylor messed up his team big time wit that statement.

I love him as a player nevertheless but he messes his team over big time.