PDA

View Full Version : Kickers and punters worth drafting

Marcus
11-06-2006, 07:54 AM
I'd like to see us taking a punter and kicker in the later rounds.

Any interesting prospects out there that stick out?

V Man
11-06-2006, 08:06 AM
The only decent kicker is Crosby and he is targeted as a 1st day selection.

As for Punter you can get a decent one in the 7th or as an undrafted free agent (that is where the Baylor kid is slotted).

Marcus
11-06-2006, 09:01 AM
The only decent kicker is Crosby and he is targeted as a 1st day selection.
If that's the case, how would you feel if the Texans took him with a 3rd rounder?

real
11-06-2006, 09:08 AM
If that's the case, how would you feel if the Texans took him with a 3rd rounder?
Id be....:shocked....or.....:crying:....or.......... :confused: or :hairpull:

Marcus
11-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Id be....:shocked....or.....:crying:....or.......... :confused: or :hairpull:
Why? I hear this guy's pretty awesome. Wants to the first one to kick a 70 yarder (http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/080906acc.html).

V Man
11-06-2006, 09:18 AM

If we weren't so weak in so many areas, I would say yes. But we still need help in so many areas; LB, FS, CB, OL, RB, and DT that we shouldn't use a 3rd on a kicker this year.

kastofsna
11-06-2006, 09:18 AM
he's gotta focus on making 50-yarders, first. he's like 2 for 7 on the year beyond 50. which isn't TERRIBLE i guess, but he's supposed to be this amazing kicker who kicks 50 yarders like extra points. so i'm skeptical.

HJam72
11-06-2006, 09:25 AM
That's exactly what this team has needed for 4.5 yrs.--a guy who can kick 70 yd. field goals. :twocents:

Announcers: Lundy has a 2.1 average yards per carry today. On third and 8, Carr drops back....and throws another 2 yd. pass to Cook who is hit immediately and goes down. That's another 3 and out. Way to get us in field-goal range again!

HJam72
11-06-2006, 09:27 AM
he's gotta focus on making 50-yarders, first. he's like 2 for 7 on the year beyond 50. which isn't TERRIBLE i guess, but he's supposed to be this amazing kicker who kicks 50 yarders like extra points. so i'm skeptical.

Sounds like a typical kicker who happens to have a really strong leg, but not much more than average aim.

Then again, I wouldn't know him from Adam and I don't even remember his name right now. :rolleyes:

real
11-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Why? I hear this guy's pretty awesome. Wants to the first one to kick a 70 yarder (http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/080906acc.html).

I don't care if he can kick field goals from the parking lot...

If we take a kicker in the third rd. with all the holes we need filled I might go insane....

edo783
11-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Considering that the FG kickers win more games and score more points that just about any other players, it would not be out of the realm of possibilities to take a real good one in the 3rd IMO. The idea is to score points and win games and that is what they do.

real
11-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Considering that the FG kickers win more games and score more points that just about any other players, it would not be out of the realm of possibilities to take a real good one in the 3rd IMO. The idea is to score points and win games and that is what they do.

I disagree with this whole statement...

actually I don't disagree with the whole statement....just most of it...

I think the Texans would be foolish to take any kicker in the third rd. of the upcoming draft...

wolf123
11-06-2006, 05:43 PM
I'd like to see us taking a punter and kicker in the later rounds.

Any interesting prospects out there that stick out?

Actually yeah, Daniel Sepulveda (Baylor Univeristy). I would be happy with spending our 7th rnd on him and I'd say pick him up FA but I believe someone will jump on this kid. Sepulveda walked on his freshman year as a LB but found out he could kick and was given a scholarship later to be their starting Punter. He's very consistant at 50yds and very good at pinning the opponent behind the 20. I believe his longest punt was high 70's but that is simply based on memory, not statistics. If I get a chance I'll post his stats later. Definitely someone to look at, especially with Stanley's pitiful 30, 35, and 38yd punts when much longer ones were needed.