PDA

View Full Version : Bob the Vet, thinks Mario has it!

Hulk75
11-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Giants offensive tackle Bob Whitfield, a 15-year veteran and former first-round pick by Atlanta, had this to say about Mario Williams: "The son of a gun is almost inhuman out there for how big and thick and solid he is. And I caught it firsthand because I said to myself, `Don't give the young kid a sack.' But I don't call it a sack when he actually dislocates your whole left side of your body when he hit me. It was almost like he needed to have a penalty for tearing up an old man. I actually told him, `Slow it down, young fellow.' He's strong. He's big. He's got it. He's going to be a force to be reckoned with."
Good stuff from a good long time Vet. What do you all think.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/11/mario_almost_inhuman_carr_gets.html

PapaL
11-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Good quote. He's playing a tough position, is young, and is only going to get better. Mario and the whole franchise will show vast improvements in the 2nd half of the season. All things take time.

HJam72
11-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I think that picture of Carr looks that that one guy in the back is swinging him around by his legs, playing some goofy game, or like a wrestler making Carr dizzy.

Here, this'll teach ya ta run for the endzone! :tease:

Oh yeah, I agree that Mario's got it. He may have got it from Demeco, but he does got it. :)

TexansFanatic
11-06-2006, 10:43 AM
4.5 sacks in his last 5 games. At this pace, Mario could easily have double digit sacks before the end of the year. I would say that would make him worthy of the first overall pick, over Bush (who hasn't done squat).

Texanfan4ever
11-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Go Mario!! That Whitfield quote fires me up!!

Texan Asylum
11-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Good quote. He's playing a tough position, is young, and is only going to get better. Mario and the whole franchise will show vast improvements in the 2nd half of the season. All things take time.
Yea Baby Yea!!!

real
11-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I hurt my self screaming so loud at the T.V when Mario got that sack....

But on another note....What a bogus "roughing the passer" call....

That was a bail out call by the refs....

Blake
11-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I dont know about you guys, but Mario getting the sack pumped me up big time. Seeing him do the "ballin" shot as well. He got the fans going, and the Giants going as well. This guy has got it.

Did anyone else love seeing the emotion come out of Mario when he got the phantom roughing the passer call on Eli? I thought he was going to decapitate somebody. All I know is that I was pumped up for the entire game after those 2 plays. And so was our defense. They feed off of Mario making plays.

thunderkyss
11-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Good stuff from a good long time Vet. What do you all think.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/11/mario_almost_inhuman_carr_gets.html

Them Giants are a classy bunch. The fans, the players.....

I think I'm starting to like the Giants.

Hulk75
11-06-2006, 11:10 AM
I dont know about you guys, but Mario getting the sack pumped me up big time. Seeing him do the "ballin" shot as well. He got the fans going, and the Giants going as well. This guy has got it.

Did anyone else love seeing the emotion come out of Mario when he got the phantom roughing the passer call on Eli? I thought he was going to decapitate somebody. All I know is that I was pumped up for the entire game after those 2 plays. And so was our defense. They feed off of Mario making plays.

Yea did you see the Giants Gaurd or Tackle walk by and say something, And Mario flipped out of his mind...........The Giants Lineman looked scared as you can get, he tried to look tough but he was like Holy this guy could kill me on the inside!

Blake
11-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Yea did you see the Giants Gaurd or Tackle walk by and say something, And Mario flipped out of his mind...........The Giants Lineman looked scared as you can get, he tried to look tough but he was like Holy this guy could kill me on the inside!

Yeah I caught that. He looked like like me when I was 10, and my dad came at me with the belt. You know that, holy sh1t!!! look.

I think I caught him saying something along the lines of "your crazy"

To put it bluntly, Mario when Ape sh1t on that dude. Thank God we had Demeco there to calm him down.

Hulk75
11-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah I caught that. He looked like like me when I was 10, and my dad came at me with the belt. You know that, holy sh1t!!! look.

I think I caught him saying something along the lines of "your crazy"

To put it bluntly, Mario when Ape sh1t on that dude. Thank God we had Demeco there to calm him down.

Yea that was funny too, It looked like the little brother trying to calm down the big brother.

Dr. Toro
11-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Amazing how quickly the tide turns. Mario's improving vastly and Bush is looking bad, not disappointing, but subpar. We're literally 5 wins away from going from being the "laughingstock" of sports media to looking savvy and promising. Not that it matters, but it's nice to hear good things.

Mario is a beast. He's killing guys to the inside and with the bull rush... that's tougher to do than get the corner, IMO. When he gets those tackles locked up and bracing for the bull rush, he'll get those speed rush sacks that Peppers, Merriman, and Freeney get.

Meloy
11-06-2006, 12:04 PM
What I want to see Mario do after a sack is the Hulk Hogan flex off. If he would go down on one knee and "pump up" the pythons, I would probably scream myself hoarse.

Double Barrel
11-06-2006, 12:08 PM
That series of playes - Mario's & Ryan's sacks, and then Mario disrupting the passing play (almost a sack) - was a sign of things to come. I expect to see a monster defense being formed here, with anchors at DE, LB, and CB. And with the promise that our offense has been showing, we have a good chance of having a solid team next year.

Thanks for posting the quote, Hulk. Coming from an NFL vet that played against Mario speaks volumes over the hot air coming from tv pundits and talking heads. :thumbup

Hookem Horns
11-06-2006, 12:17 PM
I also heard that Bob the Vet thinks Reggie Bush is a bust.

Dr. Toro
11-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Yea that was funny too, It looked like the little brother trying to calm down the big brother.

Love the avatar Hulk, I saw more from DC on that play than I have in 4+ years. He earned a completely blank slate with that play. Whether the criticisms were deserved or not, he seems to have responded in a way that the players and fans can embrace. Not to hijack Mario's thread, but just htought I'd throw it out there.

LBC_Justin
11-06-2006, 12:29 PM
yeah but Mario doesn't have "Fast Twitch" muscles.

lol

GO TEXANS

Hulk75
11-06-2006, 01:59 PM
yeah but Mario doesn't have "Fast Twitch" muscles.

lol

GO TEXANS

Yea! No kidding:cool:

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-06-2006, 02:04 PM
What I want to see Mario do after a sack is the Hulk Hogan flex off. If he would go down on one knee and "pump up" the pythons, I would probably scream myself hoarse.

I'm sure when the sacks start coming more frequently he'll get more creative with his post play antics.

I'd like to see him do one of those "Mr. Universe" poses where you turn your back to the crowd and look down at your bicep.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-06-2006, 02:05 PM
... or that one knee down, holding the world in the palm of your hand pose.

Texanfan4ever
11-06-2006, 02:13 PM
He put his arms around Manning and made him look like a girl!! Sheez, that guy is a monster. He really brought it.....And David's 2 yard air leap should go down in history as his best play so far. Totally no one to throw to, so run, take a flying leap, and make it. Priceless.

Ballin72
11-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Bob is always saying stuff like that. He's old and fragile. I'll give Mario a little credit but not too much because he played against the oldest tackle in the league.

real
11-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Bob is always saying stuff like that. He's old and fragile. I'll give Mario a little credit but not too much because he played against the oldest tackle in the league.

How 'bout that Kiwi.....

That sack was impressive!!!!

TK_Gamer
11-06-2006, 03:11 PM

oldest tackle? I hope he finds you and crushes the troll right out of you, then call him old.

Texas
11-06-2006, 03:20 PM
I bet I could hold him ~