PDA

View Full Version : mario vs. reggie

buckaroo_banzai
11-05-2006, 05:57 PM
hey guys, who do you think is having a better season so far...mario or reggie?
i already know what ESPN thinks, but what do YOU think?

for my:twocents: i feel like mario is getting better each week while bush is struggling.:yikes:

bah007
11-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Not even close.

Mario >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bush

buckaroo_banzai
11-05-2006, 06:00 PM
mario must be doing something right. the bush supporters seem quiet lately

The Pencil Neck
11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Mario, hands down. Running backs are in a better position to come in and start with a team as a rookie. Bush has been a bad running back and a so-so dump off option. He's getting a lot of catches but not much yardage...

BUT...

Now he's going to use the "I hab a sower ankew" excuse. Watch ESPN talk about how he's injured and that's why he's not walking on water.

Anyway, Mario has set the Texans rookie sack record already, he leads the team in sacks, and he's getting better each week. He's going to be scary good.

bah007
11-05-2006, 06:04 PM
I remember right after preseason before the season started ESPN was doing a special on the rookies & the last question was Mario vs Reggie.

Trey Wingo asked if Bush will have more TDs than Mario has sacks.

Golic & Schlereth said it would be Mario= 8 sacks & Reggie= 5 TD.

Salisbury & Jaworski said it would be Reggie= 12 TD & Mario= 6 sacks.

It is nice to see who was wrong.

How is this "Reggie is God" thing workin out for ESPN now?

Marcus
11-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Well, when they took Mario over Reggie in the draft, I was mad that they took an unproven "work-out warrior" who wasn't really the best DL at North Carolina, over the "2nd coming of Gale Sayers", who was a lock to be the greatest HOF player in history.

Looks like Kubiak knew what he was doing.

jaayteetx
11-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Mario, easy. I like the fight I saw in him today. With him and Demeco Ryans, I see a dominant defense in the making. Do you think the talking heads will ever admit they were wrong? Not until we start winning, my guess. Heres hoping we go 6-2 over the last half of the season!

Hookem Horns
11-05-2006, 06:08 PM
I think ESPN has given up on Bush. He has been so bad (as I predicted) in his rookie season that they have nothing to manufacture more hype. Not only was this guy not worth the #1 pick, I don't think he was worth a 1st round pick. The other 3 running backs taken in the 1st round are having better seasons.

blockhead83
11-05-2006, 06:10 PM
As of right now it's not even close, Mario is outperforming Bush. Just don't forget they're both half way through their rookie campaigns. I think they're both going to make good pro's.

Marcus
11-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Mario, easy. I like the fight I saw in him today. With him and Demeco Ryans, I see a dominant defense in the making. Do you think the talking heads will ever admit they were wrong? Not until we start winning, my guess. Heres hoping we go 6-2 over the last half of the season!

I'm wondering if a "few" posters are going to admit they were wrong. I remember what it was like around here back on draft day.

Goldeagle
11-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Did Bush have - yards today running?

How does Mario compare to Vince and D Brick though?

bah007
11-05-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm wondering if a "few" posters are going to admit they were wrong. I remember what it was like around here back on draft day.

Your right.

I wasnt a member of this board at draft time but I did want Mario.

Actually, I think I just wanted anybody but Bush. I would've been happy with Ferguson, Young, or Hawk.

Ole Miss Texan
11-05-2006, 06:20 PM
I have really been impressed with Mario, he put a lot of pressure on eli today that goes unaccounted for.

I loved this years draft. I keep flip flopping about next year. LaRon Landry, no Leon Hall, no Offensive Line stud, no Adrian Peterson. How bout all of them!

At this point I trust Kubiak and Co. they sure as heck know more about everything than we do. I think I'll be happy with whatever they decide to do. I'm just really excited to finish the season strong, see what happens in the offseason and next years draft.

los is 7
11-05-2006, 06:21 PM
All you Carr haters, must be Bush lovers. Look at Mario He will be an animal in a couple of years. The Bush lovers sure are quiet, it would be nice if they would come on board and admit that maybe the coaching staff and talent evaluators know a little more than they do.
:mario: So to them I say go Bush yourselves!

Marcus
11-05-2006, 06:25 PM
The Bush lovers sure are quiet, it would be nice if they would come on board and admit that maybe the coaching staff and talent evaluators know a little more than they do.

:pigfly:

Hookem Horns
11-05-2006, 06:31 PM
All you Carr haters, must be Bush lovers.

Not true, I'm a Carr "hater" (ok, not really a hater just don't think he will get it done for us) and a Bush hater, so that theory is out the door.

FanFromCali
11-05-2006, 06:37 PM
I think the argument is about done by now. Willams was the better choice, and thank God we didn't take Young. I know all you guys love the guy because he is from Houston but he just does not have what it takes to be a QB in the NFL. It makes me happy the Titans screwed up and took him instead of Leinhart

Now, I have to admit I wanted the team to trade down and take Ferguson but I am VERY happy with Williams.

thunderkyss
11-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Did Bush have - yards today running?

How does Mario compare to Vince and D Brick though?

I don't know how D'Brick is doing.... it's hard to judge an OLman if you aren't watching the game. Same as judging a DLman, but there are even less stats for an OL man.

Then Vince.... just because he was starting way before any one thought he would be, IMHO, means he is doing a lot better his first year than "everyone" thought he would. Don't expect Vince to complete more than 50% of his passes, don't expect Vince to throw for 26 touchdowns, or to rush for 500 yards this season. All he has to do, is get used to the speed of the game, learn the play book, and start recognizing the defensive looks he'll see. It's hard to determine how well he is doing in those situations, But if the Titans are competitive next year, you know he did what he was supposed to do.

If the Titans are competitive this year.... Vince is doing better than any of us thought.

Mario is doing fine....... but I'd like to see him step it up a bit more in the 4th, when the game is on the line.

I like his energy through out the game, I'm satisfied with Mario, very pleased indeed...... But he & Demeco need to step it up in the 4th, and take over the game.

tbell ncsu
11-05-2006, 07:22 PM
the best DL at North Carolina.
north carolina STATE!!!!!

yes, it absolutely matters.

thunderkyss
11-05-2006, 07:24 PM
north carolina STATE!!!!!

yes, it absolutely matters.

I take it you don't care for TarHeels??:shoot:

tbell ncsu
11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
i wish they were all hung alongside saddam.

Baranghoori
11-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Mario is doing a lot better than Reggie, and only a biased person would say that REggie is anywhere near Mario's playing skill as of now.

I was personally on the draft D'Brick boat in April, and if anybody has caught any Jets games, i'd really love to know how he's doing. I wish i could catch some Jets games for myself, but they're not too popular.

Malloy
11-05-2006, 07:32 PM
All you Carr haters, must be Bush lovers.

Crank that brain of yours up a notch or two, and you'll have invented a cure for cancer too...

UzaHO
11-05-2006, 07:34 PM
In this system, who knows how Reggie would do. You have to remember that N.O. has another former 1st round draft pick in Deuce. Hence Reggie isnt even the #1 R.B. @ N.O. I did question the Williams pick, but he does seem to be getting more comfortable in this system. Athletically he is a freak.

Baranghoori
11-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Crank that brain of yours up a notch or two, and you'll have invented a cure for cancer too...

Whoa there, do'nt give him any ideas!

Texas
11-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Im so happy mario is proving all of them wrong!

TheOgre
11-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I am so happy that Mario is proving ME wrong.

DRAMA
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
All you Carr haters, must be Bush lovers. Look at Mario He will be an animal in a couple of years. The Bush lovers sure are quiet, it would be nice if they would come on board and admit that maybe the coaching staff and talent evaluators know a little more than they do.
:mario: So to them I say go Bush yourselves!

I wanted Bush..BAD! I couldn't be more happy than to see him do poorly. Not because of spite but because of all the things he said, having to get use to losing, and him being the 'messiah.'

11 carries for -5 yards. Honestly, i would've never imagined that. I mean, Lundy had more rushing in his 2 good games than Bush has....this season.

We're in the right direction. We could use another MONSTER DT, Lance Briggs, and the CB from Buffalo. Overpay and let's turn this thing around.

Kaiser Toro
11-05-2006, 08:16 PM
There was no pre draft comparision between the two given our needs and spending and there is no comparision to date. Mario is scaling nicely. :mario:

awtysst
11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I said this in another post but it bears repeating.

Today, Mario Williams(playign DE) had more rushing yards then Reggie Bush.
Oh and Mario is up to 4.5 sacks through 8 and is on pace for a 9 sack season.

Hulk75
11-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Mario is playing very well, keep it going "Big Fella".

TxAg
11-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Mario looking very good I was happy with his play today

thunderkyss
11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Sorry.. but what is a reggiebush... I still don't know. Got a feeling it means hype, used in sports by hype salemen.

you need to watch the rookie drafted by NewEngland.

The guy is an awesome kick returner, running back, and receiver out of the backfield.

it's supposed to reference some guy in NewOrleans, but their rookie sensation is named Marquez Colston.

TxAg
11-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Mario to me has done better than Reggie has all year!

Zac
11-05-2006, 09:54 PM
I was on the trade down and get either Mario Williams or D'Brick bandwagon.

But, I guess the Texans saw something real special in Mario and didn't want to risk anybody taking him, the way Mario has started to play; I don't blame the Texans one bit for taking him number 1 overall.

Let's imagine that the Texans had taken Peppers instead of Carr, everyone would have been ridiculing the Texans. But as it turns out, there are a lot of people ridiculing the Texasn now because the Texans selected Carr instead of Peppers.

It's the your damned if your do and your damned if you don't.

:fireball: is playing nice :cool:

TexansLucky13
11-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Mario Performance > Reggie Performance

Nuff said

Ole Miss Texan
11-05-2006, 10:42 PM
A lot of people wanted Joey Harrington instead of David Carr. hmm joey turned out good.

Carr > Joey
Mario > Bush

oh well.

thunderkyss
11-05-2006, 10:47 PM
A lot of people wanted Joey Harrington instead of David Carr. hmm joey turned out good.

Carr > Joey

oh well.

That's yet to be seen.... so far, Joey has more wins in his Career.....

David23
11-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Mario is really starting to play good. I hope he keeps on improving each week. He's becoming the player we need him to be.

run-david-run
11-06-2006, 01:47 AM
true dat!!:cool:

why is it that QB's are the only position to which there is a win-loss record attached? that really belitles the contributions of about 40 other players that have critical roles in the outcome of a football game. If anyone truly belives that Joey Harrington is a better QB only because his TEAM has won more games then David Carr's, you have some problems.

Roughnecks
11-06-2006, 02:05 AM
why is it that QB's are the only position to which there is a win-loss record attached? that really belitles the contributions of about 40 other players that have critical roles in the outcome of a football game. If anyone truly belives that Joey Harrington is a better QB only because his TEAM has won more games then David Carr's, you have some problems.

true dat

thunderkyss
11-06-2006, 08:33 AM

Their stats are pretty close for their careers other than the W-L columns. passing yards..... about the same:

....................David...vs.... Joey
Passing yards: 12,130.........11,291
TDs: .............57...............66
Ints...............58...............71
Pass Atts........1851...........1980
comp perc......59.3%..........54.9%
rating............76................67
Starts............67...............59

Well they were a lot closer before the season..... Joey sat out four games this year. & I don't think these numbers reflect Yesterdays games.... where he threw for 3 TDs(& 2 Ints) in a 31-13 Spanking of the Chicago Bears.

swoldier
11-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Wait this is a Mario v Reggie thread right. What does dc and harrington have to do with any of that. Well I am absolutely siked about Mario Williams he started off slow but these last 3 games he has really shown some good stuff. Getting to the QB and making it look easy. Reggie who......oh yeah the punt returner for NO in 3 years no one will remember the name Reggie Bush. I think when Mario gets his next sack instead of copying the other teams celebration jig he should do something like the SOUL SNATCH!!!!!:yikes: It would go something like acting to rip out the QB's soul and swallowing it like the beast he is then his nick name could be super soul snatching Mario. Hell Yeah!!!!......What do you think?

Texan_Bill
11-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Mario - 4.5 sacks halfway through the season and made some plays that have no stats associated with them (i.e. tipped pass - or the incompletion from Manning that should have been a fumble, etc.)

Bush - 26 yards average rushing and 39 yards average receiving for a whopping 65 yards a game... Not bad for a rookie, but not great for a guy that got so much hype and is supposed to be a playmaker.....

phan1
11-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Reggie has been a dissappointment obviously. I know this is going to sound like another shameless "Reggie Hater" posts but think about NO's situation:

Saints have a gazillion dollars put into their backfield and Bush hasn't done much. He can't run the football inbetween the tackles as predicted, and his receptions are hardly anything more than trying to find a way to get the ball into the hands of your #1 pick. Seriously, he's more of a sideshow than an actual producer on the team. He is definitely not a full-time, every-down starter. Looking at it, he probably shouldn't even be on the field half of the time. He's a 3rd and long player pretty much. It's like investing your 1st pick in a 3rd down back.

I think Bush still has all the talent in the world to become a Santana Moss or a Steve Smith. But you've got Colston and Horn, so where does that leave Bush? If you look at what he did at USC, almost all the things he's done has been in open space, and that's where he needs to operate. But as a RB, he's a dissappointment and has shown no improvement running the ball. Is Bush the regular punt and kick returner too? I know you don't want him getting hurt, but it's even more stupid not to put him in the best position to contribute to your team. Michael Lewis and Bush both out there for your return team? Now that is something that would scare me. Lewis and Bush makes a much better duo than Bush and Deuce.

bah007
11-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Reggie has been a dissappointment obviously. I know this is going to sound like another shameless "Reggie Hater" posts but think about NO's situation:

Saints have a gazillion dollars put into their backfield and Bush hasn't done much. He can't run the football inbetween the tackles as predicted, and his receptions are hardly anything more than trying to find a way to get the ball into the hands of your #1 pick. Seriously, he's more of a sideshow than an actual producer on the team. He is definitely not a full-time, every-down starter. Looking at it, he probably shouldn't even be on the field half of the time. He's a 3rd and long player pretty much. It's like investing your 1st pick in a 3rd down back.

I think Bush still has all the talent in the world to become a Santana Moss or a Steve Smith. But you've got Colston and Horn, so where does that leave Bush? If you look at what he did at USC, almost all the things he's done has been in open space, and that's where he needs to operate. But as a RB, he's a dissappointment and has shown no improvement running the ball. Is Bush the regular punt and kick returner too? I know you don't want him getting hurt, but it's even more stupid not to put him in the best position to contribute to your team. Michael Lewis and Bush both out there for your return team? Now that is something that would scare me. Lewis and Bush makes a much better duo than Bush and Deuce.

Good post. I agree.

I tried to tell all my friends before the draft that Bush was overhyped but they were blinded by the media.

Look at the Pac-10. It is ALL about offense in that conference. The defenses in that conference are pathetic. Pathetic. Bush was just the fastest player on the field & ran around a bunch of undisciplined kids. Now he is playing with the best athletes in the world and he cant run around anybody anymore.

By the way, Skip Bayless actually said something smart this morning on Cold Pizza. He said that Colston is the best rookie on that team & that he has said all along that Bush was vastly overhyped.

QB75
11-06-2006, 12:23 PM

Mario gets incrementally better every week. Can't say the same for Bush or Vince.

real
11-06-2006, 12:25 PM

Mario gets incrementally better every week. Can't say the same for Bush or Vince.

I think it's obvious that Mario is having the better season....and I don't think ESPN thinks otherwise....

All of that ragging on "Houston's mistake" talk has calmed down....

swoldier
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
No one liked the SOUL SNATCH!!!!?.....come on thats good stuff

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Mario, hands down. Reggie looks like a guy who is happy collecting a paycheck.

whiskeyrbl
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
What he said:thumbup

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Here is something I got from ESPN on the Saints win this Sunday:

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- For all the fanfare surrounding Reggie Bush (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7751)'s arrival in New Orleans, unheralded Marques Colston (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8001) is the rookie who's making the Saints go.
Colston had another big game Sunday, catching 11 passes for 123 yards and a touchdown to help the NFC South leaders beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31-14 and reach the midpoint of the season with twice as many wins as they had last year.
Scouts Inc.'s take ...http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/65x90/5479.jpg QB Drew Brees (right) continues to play at a high level with his ability to make plays in the Saints' West Coast passing attack. The Saints controlled the clock with their high percentage passing attack, while converting on critical third down situations. Even without wide receiver Joe Horn, head coach Sean Peyton did a great job of exploiting individual matchups on the outside with a combination of wide receivers Marques Colston and Devery Henderson. Defensively, the Saints restricted the running lanes for running back Cadillac Williams with their multiple attacking fronts, which forced rookie QB Bruce Gradkowski to attack through the air. Defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs did a solid job of keeping Gradkowski off balance with his single zone fires and overload blitz pressure packages, which resulted in four sacks.

The Saints (6-2) are off to their best start since 2002 with first-year coach Sean Payton calling the plays and Colston, a seventh-round draft pick from Hofstra, emerging as one of Drew Brees (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5479)' most reliable targets.
Brees threw for 314 yards and three TDs.
"The most important thing is we're 6-2. That's No. 1 in my mind," Colston said. "Personal accolades, they can only take you so far."
Despite playing without injured receiver Joe Horn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3646), and with Bush at less than full strength because of a sore ankle, the Saints had more than enough firepower to finish a sweep of struggling division rival Tampa Bay (2-6) and rookie quarterback Bruce Gradkowski (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7943).
Colston, who has seven touchdowns, had a leaping 15-yard TD grab that gave the Saints an early lead against the notoriously slow-starting Bucs. He also made several clutch plays on third down, frustrating Tampa Bay's overworked defense.
"We've got a lot invested in this season. We've been saying that from Day 1," said Colston, who has three 100-yard games. "It's a team of great character, and a team that's going to fight 'til the end."
Tampa Bay, which has only scored seven points in the first quarter, rallied from a 17-0 deficit with Gradkowski throwing two touchdown passes of 44 and 17 yards to Joey Galloway (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3135) in the second quarter.
The TDs made it close at the half, but New Orleans was hardly rattled.
Deuce McAllister (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5470) waltzed through the middle untouched on a 3-yard TD run in the third quarter, then Brees threw his second scoring pass to Devery Henderson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6809), who had three catches for 111 yards and scored on receptions of 52 and 45 yards.
"It's a different team than a year ago," Payton said. "We've just got a whole different group of people."
The final score could have been worse.
Charles Grant (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5911) sacked Gradkowski and recovered a fumble at the Bucs 4 with 2:07 remaining. But instead of trying to score, Brees took a knee on four consecutive snaps and gave the ball back to Tampa Bay with 30 seconds left.
By that time, most of the crowd of 65,561 had fled the stadium. Clad in all black, Bucs coach Jon Gruden apologized to fans for a dismal performance and made light of his sideline attire.
"I feel like it was a good selection of clothes," Gruden said. "That's about all I did well today."
Brees completed his first 11 passes and finished 24-of-32 with no interceptions. He threw three picks, and New Orleans turned the ball over five times during a 35-22 loss to Baltimore the previous week.
The Saints scored on their first three possessions, building a 17-0 lead while outgaining the Bucs 165 yards to 6. With Tampa Bay's offense going three-and-out on six straight possessions to start the game, it looked as though the rout was on.
But Gradkowski has had a knack of rallying his team, especially at home, where he threw a touchdown pass in the final minute to beat Cincinnati and marched the Bucs into position for a 62-yard game-winning field goal against Philadelphia two weeks ago.
The rookie was 3-of-10 for 9 yards before going 9-of-12 for 132 yards on the TD drives that got Tampa Bay back in it. Besides completing four passes for 97 yards to Galloway on the marches, Gradkowski scrambled for 8 yards on third-and-7 to help set up the receiver's second TD.
Gradkowski completed 18 of 31 passes for 185 yards and no interceptions. Galloway has had big days against New Orleans with seven TDs in the last five games between the teams, but didn't have a catch in the second half Sunday.
"We're just not getting the job done on offense," said Bucs running back Cadillac Williams, held to 39 yards on 12 carries. "It's as simple as that."
Bush had a tough day, too.
The second pick in the draft ran 11 times for minus-5 yards, caught four passes for 22 yards and returned two punts for 20.
"Obviously as a competitor you want to be out there making plays and making big runs for your team. But at the same time, it doesn't always work in your favor," Bush said.
"For us, we've just got to remain patient and it will come. The main goal for us today was just to get to 6-2."
With Colston stepping up, that wasn't a problem.

-5 yards! Deuce didn't have any trouble running.

tbell ncsu
11-06-2006, 02:36 PM
i was hoping to see mario's sack on sportscenter today, but espn pussed out again. they were more than happy to dog mario at the beginning of the season, and go ape**** over reggie's 3 yard gain. they are a bunch of wankers.

show us mario's sacks, you sons of *****es!

anyone have his sacks and tackles from the game online anywhere???

ToroFan
11-06-2006, 05:29 PM
i was hoping to see mario's sack on sportscenter today, but espn pussed out again. they were more than happy to dog mario at the beginning of the season, and go ape**** over reggie's 3 yard gain. they are a bunch of wankers.

show us mario's sacks, you sons of *****es!

anyone have his sacks and tackles from the game online anywhere???

Reggie Bush is a rich man's Eric Metcalf...and when I say rich man's Eric Metcalf, I mean he is vastly overpaid.

He still has not show that he can run the ball in between the tackles (for the fact of the matter he hasn't shown he can run outside either). People say he doesn't have much of a line, but how does that explain Brees finding time to get the ball to Colston, or McCallister actually getting positive yards on his carries (especially after coming back from a major knee injury). They (and by they, I mean ESPN) say he is a helluva decoy, but when are people going to realize that the emperor has no clothes.

Mario looks like he is getting better by the week. I wonder how far he would have been if the coaching staff would have just left him at one position, instead of trying that nonsensical idea of moving him up and down the line. Even though we may not be winning many games, I am excited by this team's progress.

Notice how there have been no comparisons of Reggie versus Mario as of late, like there was earlier in the season on a weekly basis. Coincidence? I think not.

dalemurphy
11-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Reggie Bush is a rich man's Eric Metcalf...and when I say rich man's Eric Metcalf, I mean he is vastly overpaid.

He still has not show that he can run the ball in between the tackles (for the fact of the matter he hasn't shown he can run outside either). People say he doesn't have much of a line, but how does that explain Brees finding time to get the ball to Colston, or McCallister actually getting positive yards on his carries (especially after coming back from a major knee injury). They (and by they, I mean ESPN) say he is a helluva decoy, but when are people going to realize that the emperor has no clothes.

Mario looks like he is getting better by the week. I wonder how far he would have been if the coaching staff would have just left him at one position, instead of trying that nonsensical idea of moving him up and down the line. Even though we may not be winning many games, I am excited by this team's progress.

Notice how there have been no comparisons of Reggie versus Mario as of late, like there was earlier in the season on a weekly basis. Coincidence? I think not.

I've been making that exact same comparison with Metcalf for 10 months now. I don't think he's a rich man's Metcalf... just Metcalf. And, that's not intended to be an insult. Metcalf was a good player- just not a guy I'd want to spend that much money on or that high a pick on.

Texan1
11-06-2006, 07:57 PM

Hey, I am one of those posters and I am VERY happy Mario is improving. If I had to do it over, I still would have liked to see Bush in a Texans unifrom though. Just MO.

ledzeppelin229
11-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I know, Whitfield is considered, old, washed up, etc but this was still an encouraging quote.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/11/carr_gets_props_mario_almost_i.html

Giants offensive tackle Bob Whitfield, a 15-year veteran and former first-round pick by Atlanta, had this to say about Mario Williams: "The son of a gun is almost inhuman out there for how big and thick and solid he is. And I caught it firsthand because I said to myself, `Don't give the young kid a sack.' But I don't call it a sack when he actually dislocates your whole left side of your body when he hit me. It was almost like he needed to have a penalty for tearing up an old man. I actually told him, `Slow it down, young fellow.' He's strong. He's big. He's got it. He's going to be a force to be reckoned with."

thunderkyss
11-06-2006, 08:45 PM

You do understand that he was moved around like that in college don't you, and that Kubiak didn't just pluck that idea out of thin air. I think his versatility.... power to abuse the tackles, and speed to beat the guards is a big plus, and that is what is going to make him a monster in this league.

It would be nice if he could drop back into coverage like JTaylor or JPeppers, but that's not his game.

I understand the thinking that it would be easier for Mario to learn one position, then move him around later.... but to me that makes no sense.

Are we going to put him at DT next year, and let him learn that position?? I don't think so.

forget this technique, and that technique, and let him use his natural gifts to disrupt and cause havoc. We need to be better about forgetting sacks, and letting Mario do what he do, from all four spots.....

ESAD2-14
11-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I guess ESPN has sunk so much into Bush that they had to give him a #5 spot on their top 10 plays of the year so far ( I think that is what it was). It was for his punt return for a TD. Good thing he does not have 10 TD's otherwise we would have to see 10 clips in a row of Bush; or maybe they could just show that one TD from 10 different angles, I should be in broadcasting. :dancing:

The Pencil Neck
11-06-2006, 09:25 PM
It would be nice if he could drop back into coverage like JTaylor or JPeppers, but that's not his game.

Are you sure? I thought I saw him in coverage yesterday. I'll double check on Tivo but there's a play (I think down near the goal line) where Manning throws the ball and the guy catches it and gets tackled and Mario is standing there. He didn't have time to run back to the play from the line (which I've seen him do before), I'm almost positive he was in coverage.

Second Honeymoon
11-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Mario v. Reggie is looking better each and every day for our beloved team, the Texans. I may still feel that VY was the right pick at the right time for this franchise but as far as Mario V. Bush goes, its a no contest. Mario is winning by a landslide.

Let's do pause to remember one thing though before we all throw Bush under the proverbial bus. Bush has won a football game for his team. They were dead and buried v. the Bucs and he had that punt return to win the game. He has won one game for his team and that is nearly as many wins as we have as a team. He has also been a threat out of the backfield as a receiver and helped them start out the season well.

Bush has still been a huge disappointment as a rushing threat though. He looks like a tweener ala Metcalf. I don't think a tweener is worth the #1 pick overall. He has been indecisive. He dances around way too much. Struggles running between tackles. Fumbling issues. Rookie problems that can be corrected but ESPN hyped him like he was going to strongly impact the league immediately....we are all still waiting....

doug from the woodlands

Txn_in_FL
11-06-2006, 10:20 PM
I remember right after preseason before the season started ESPN was doing a special on the rookies & the last question was Mario vs Reggie.

Trey Wingo asked if Bush will have more TDs than Mario has sacks.

Golic & Schlereth said it would be Mario= 8 sacks & Reggie= 5 TD.

Salisbury & Jaworski said it would be Reggie= 12 TD & Mario= 6 sacks.

It is nice to see who was wrong.

How is this "Reggie is God" thing workin out for ESPN now?

Salisbury is such a douche. Have you ever seen such a puppet in your life?

BigSaint8050
11-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Houston Texans: 2-6
New Orleans Saints: 6-2

Nuff said.

goodnews boy
11-06-2006, 10:50 PM

Nuff said.

Bro man you team provided those wins. The Might Reg had ONE punt return that was worth a highlight. On that one play he ran straight down the field. He had a nice wall in front of him. He didn't make any moves or break any tackles. Just straight down the line. (Congrats Reggie) But almost any Kick returner could have done that. So, mad props to the Saints organization. But if Bush never played a down this season, you would still be 6 and 2.

ToroFan
11-06-2006, 10:59 PM
You do understand that he was moved around like that in college don't you, and that Kubiak didn't just pluck that idea out of thin air. I think his versatility.... power to abuse the tackles, and speed to beat the guards is a big plus, and that is what is going to make him a monster in this league.

I understand the thinking that it would be easier for Mario to learn one position, then move him around later.... but to me that makes no sense.

Are we going to put him at DT next year, and let him learn that position?? I don't think so.

forget this technique, and that technique, and let him use his natural gifts to disrupt and cause havoc. We need to be better about forgetting sacks, and letting Mario do what he do, from all four spots.....

I think this is the perfect year for him learning technique... You can see him adopting different pass rushing moves from the defensive end spot and develop...Just because he played different positions on the line in college doesn't underscore that each position in the NFL requires specialization and technique not required in college. Letting him use just his "natural gifts" on different spots on the line is what got him off to a slow start...

He just didnt gain these talents overnight...so what changed in the past four games as opposed to his first...I am thinking it's learning different skills to best use his talent. I think that is the reason why Smith and Kubiak have learned to let him learn the nuances of one position then perhaps down the line move him to take advantage of matchups ...It doesn't make sense for him to be a jack of all trades and a master of none...Just my :twocents:

ToroFan
11-06-2006, 11:02 PM

Nuff said.

The Pistons won the championship while drafting Darko. Doesn't mean I would rather have him than Lebron, Carmelo, or D.Wade..

Nuff said.

TxAg
11-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Reggie is good but Mario is getting to be pretty awsome at this rate he will have 10 sacks for the season. Every time is see Bush run he gets dropped for a loss.

TexansFanatic
11-06-2006, 11:09 PM

Nuff said.

Hang on there, chief. This is not about who has the better record, the better team, the better coach, the better fans, the better whatever....

This is about: did the Texans make the right choice with the valuable pick they were given, the number one overall pick in the 2006 draft. I still think it's possible that Vince Young could turn out to be as valuable to his professional team as he was to his college team. Having said that, Mario Williams is no longer disappointing fans. He is showing signs of performing at the level we were told he would perform at. In the past 5 games he has 4.5 sacks and is garnering accolades from veteran NFL players, coaches, and scouts.

Meanwhile, let's look at Superman's, *er*, I mean Reggie Bush's stats after a half season a the pro level:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407605

Not overwhelming. In fact, if we were talking about anyone else....a fourth round pick, for instance, we might even say MEDIOCRE stats....

stingray
11-06-2006, 11:23 PM
I just got this from yahoo fantasy football.

Reggie Bush at Tampa Bay on Sunday: 11 carries, -5 rushing yards, four catches, 22 receiving yards. The Houston Texans probably aren't going to seek an official apology from the countless talking heads that lambasted its decision to take Mario Williams first in April's draft, but they should. Williams recorded another sack at New York on Sunday, giving the defensive end 4.5 sacks on the year. He's actually making a difference on the field for the Texans, which is more than Bush can say, save for a game-winning punt return to beat Tampa Bay in Week 5. Overall, Bush's numbers are starting to look incredibly ordinary. His yards per carry has plummeted to 2.6 for the season. He has yet to score a rushing or receiving touchdown. On Sunday, his indecisive running made him look more like a "Dancing with the Stars" contestant than the NFL's next biggest thing.

Marcus
11-06-2006, 11:46 PM

I think Kubiak envisions Mario to be a future Lawrence Taylor, so even though he's allowing him to play from one spot now, I look for more "experimentation" down the line.

tbell ncsu
11-07-2006, 09:15 AM

actually, mario only lined up as a defensive tackle a handful of times during his time here at nc state. he lined up as the left end about 75% of the time, right end 20% of the time. every now and then, our coaches would put mario and manny lawson next to one another... man, talk about a pass rush! there was a ton of stunting, but it wasn't common at all for mario to start the play as a def tackle.

also, every so often, mario dropped back into coverage. he never got the interception, but he has had his hands on a couple of "should've been a pick".

the rarest spot mario might've been put in during college probably has to be tightend. in high school, mario played a good bit at the running back position (could you imagine what defenders might've been thinking!), and mario has said that would be his second preferred position after defensive end, because then he'll have opportunities to score touchdowns.

Let's do pause to remember one thing though before we all throw Bush under the proverbial bus. Bush has won a football game for his team. They were dead and buried v. the Bucs and he had that punt return to win the game. He has won one game for his team and that is nearly as many wins as we have as a team. He has also been a threat out of the backfield as a receiver and helped them start out the season well.
yes, mario has won the texans a game. remember the game saving/preserving pass deflection he made vs. jacksonville on their 2-point conversion attempt?

Texan_Bill
11-07-2006, 09:24 AM
The Pistons won the championship while drafting Darko. Doesn't mean I would rather have him than Lebron, Carmelo, or D.Wade..

Nuff said.

PERFECTLY said!!!

HJam72
11-07-2006, 09:25 AM
The idea of running Mario on short yardage situations has occurred to me, but I didn't know he did it some in college.

Hey! He could have more yardage and TDs than Reggie, lol.

Texan_Bill
11-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Don't get too excited about that idea...... 'cause you or I could have more yards and TD's than Reggie.

Osso
11-07-2006, 09:28 AM
He cant be worse than dayne.

tbell ncsu
11-07-2006, 09:29 AM
he was used as a running back in high school. the only time he was used on the offensive side in college was like twice as a tightend.

we did use his fellow lineman, john mccargo (dt, buffalo), a couple of times as a running back (a position he played in high school too) out of the i-form on 4th-and-short.

Texan_Bill
11-07-2006, 09:41 AM
He cant be worse than dayne.

Chillingly similar:

Dayne
6 games / 3 starts / 62 rush attempts / 183 yards / 3.0 avg. / 6.3 avg. yd per reception http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187386

Bush
8 games / 2 starts / 81 rush attempts / 207 yards / 2.6 avg. / 6.8 avg. yd
per reception http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407605

infantrycak
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM

Dude--he has been dropping back into coverage.

beerlover
11-07-2006, 09:46 AM
both are rare talents, play different positions but their roles are similar in the sense they have the ability to fire up their respective units. I'm not sure the number of touches or plays Bush gets per game, as for Mario he does'nt seem to get much of a break and is playing defense the majority of snaps on defense. Of course the QB, like VY get all the snaps hence more chance to impact the team success, yet its easier to see now that at least Mario Williams belongs in the same disscussion & his 1st overall draft status was merited. the Texans defense is tracking in the right direction and Mario is a big part of that turnaround :fireball:

tbell ncsu
11-07-2006, 10:03 AM
don't forget, jaws said that mario "needs to AVERAGE 20 sacks to warrant his first overall pick... reggie bush is the real #1."

i think jaws is great, but he was a complete doofus with that ridiculous statement about a month ago.

Texan_Bill
11-07-2006, 10:16 AM
I think "jaws" may have taken one too many shots in the jaw.........

QB75
11-07-2006, 10:22 AM

Nuff said.

Sorry 40-year perenially losing Saints franchise. It's actually not that simple. But it's that kind of logic that will ensure that the Saints continue their legacy as merely schedule filler for all the other playoff bound teams in the league.

thunderkyss
11-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Are you sure? I thought I saw him in coverage yesterday. I'll double check on Tivo but there's a play (I think down near the goal line) where Manning throws the ball and the guy catches it and gets tackled and Mario is standing there. He didn't have time to run back to the play from the line (which I've seen him do before), I'm almost positive he was in coverage.

Dude--he has been dropping back into coverage.

I'm not saying that he hasn't, I'm saying he shouldn't.

I understand the tipped pass against Miami was a big play, but normally when I see him dropping into coverage, I think it's a mistake. I don't think he's as good as Peppers or Taylor in coverage....... & when we've got guys like Peek(who isn't great in coverage, but I'd rather see him back there trying to make a play than Mario) & Babin, or even Orr, why should we drop Mario??

I'd much rather they move him to tackle than dropping into coverage.

But...... it's just my opinion.

infantrycak
11-07-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't think he's as good as Peppers or Taylor in coverage...

Really?--the 8 game rookie isn't as good as two multiple pro-bowlers with 15 years in the league. Who'd a thunk it?

thunderkyss
11-07-2006, 10:36 AM
I think this is the perfect year for him learning technique... You can see him adopting different pass rushing moves from the defensive end spot and develop...

...Just my :twocents:

If we can drop him into coverage 3 or 4 times a game, I don't see why we can't move him to tackle 4 or 5 times a game.

actually, mario only lined up as a defensive tackle a handful of times during his time here at nc state. he lined up as the left end about 75% of the time, right end 20% of the time. every now and then, our coaches would put mario and manny lawson next to one another... man, talk about a pass rush! there was a ton of stunting, but it wasn't common at all for mario to start the play as a def tackle.

also, every so often, mario dropped back into coverage. he never got the interception, but he has had his hands on a couple of "should've been a pick".
yes, mario has won the texans a game. remember the game saving/preserving pass deflection he made vs. jacksonville on their 2-point conversion attempt?

& that's what I envisioned when Kubiak was talking about moving him inside, when we drafted him. I didn't expect him to play DT on every 3rd down situation, but I think that was due to a weakness we had at the DT position at that time.

..........small correction, that was the Miami game. Jacksonville was beat by 20 points, a 2 point conversion wouldn't have helped them at all.

thunderkyss
11-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Really?--the 8 game rookie isn't as good as two multiple pro-bowlers with 15 years in the league. Who'd a thunk it?

Maybe it's the fast twitch muscle thing...... I don't know.

But Taylor & Peppers, I can see them playing Basketball....

I'm not saying Mario isn't athletic, I just think he's a different kind of athlete. To me, he looks clumsy in open space, I just don't think it's his game, where I think the other two can actually make a play on the ball, keep up with tightends, and fullbacks...... and actually provide some kind of underneath coverage.

Mario, I see him more as a ReggieWhite, Bruce Smith kind of athlete. Peppers & Taylor IMHO are better in coverage than those two HOF'ers....

When I think of the complete DE, I think of a guy like ReggieWhite. A guy you can move from left to right, from outside to inside........ he'll stop the run, redirect the run, sack the QB, or bat balls down, force fumbles, and recover fumbles.

Getting Interceptions, and being an excellent pass rusher, in my opinion, doesn't come close.

but that's just me.

Brandon420tx
11-07-2006, 10:58 AM

Nuff said.

This is my favorate post in this thread.

Because its True that a rookie has made a giant contribution and helped the Saints to 6 victories, the guy is the next coming of (insert Hall of Famer here).

And he's on my fantasy team.

oh wait,we're not talking about the 7th round rookie sensation Marques Colsten are we?

oops

p.s., I'd put Rod Smith in my previous parenthesis, except he's not a HOFer ... yet.

trane
11-07-2006, 11:04 AM

for my:twocents: i feel like mario is getting better each week while bush is struggling.:yikes:

You can definitely see Mario improving with each game. Bush's contributions have been mainly as a receiver but I thought he was to be the next Gale Sayers and not the next Jerry Rice.

TxAg
11-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I think Mario is having a better year, the defense gets pumped whenever he gets more intense he is going to be a force.

Texans Front Row Crew
11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
I just got this from yahoo fantasy football.

Reggie Bush at Tampa Bay on Sunday: 11 carries, -5 rushing yards, four catches, 22 receiving yards. The Houston Texans probably aren't going to seek an official apology from the countless talking heads that lambasted its decision to take Mario Williams first in April's draft, but they should. Williams recorded another sack at New York on Sunday, giving the defensive end 4.5 sacks on the year. He's actually making a difference on the field for the Texans, which is more than Bush can say, save for a game-winning punt return to beat Tampa Bay in Week 5. Overall, Bush's numbers are starting to look incredibly ordinary. His yards per carry has plummeted to 2.6 for the season. He has yet to score a rushing or receiving touchdown. On Sunday, his indecisive running made him look more like a "Dancing with the Stars" contestant than the NFL's next biggest thing.

:ohsnap:

Wow, I can't believe Yahoo actually said this. The "Dancing with the Stars" is the coldest thing I've heard so far. While I'm happy that Mario (and the rest of our Rookies) are improving every week. A football career can't be sumed up in 8 games. Vince, Matt and Reggie might get better next year (as will our guys) and we have to wait and see how these guys turn out. BUT, for now, I'll be waiting for that apology!! We were chastized too hard for picking Mario Williams and passing on god and Superman. I expect a "year in review" from ESPN to see how we actually stand with our draft picks.- We should be at the top of the list.

wolfscar
11-07-2006, 01:47 PM
I think too many people get focused on who's the 'best player' in the draft, when the most important thing to consider is who's the best player for your team. Our defense sucked monkey b***s last season and the one thing that was good was our running game. We'd have been nuts to draft a running back, I don't care who he is.

As for how they're doing - like a lot of folk have said on this post, I don't think that's really in question any more. Just ask Bob Whitfield and the Giants to assess Mario and then ask the Tampa Bay D about Reggie's impact. Bush has buckets of potential, but he needs to realise he's not in college any more. Sideline to sideline running plays don't cut it in the NFL.

bah007
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
DID YOU KNOW:

Reggie Bush's 2.55 yds per carry is LAST PLACE IN THE NFL among Running Backs. The next Barry Sanders indeed.

TxAg
11-07-2006, 03:38 PM
what would happen to Reggie if he was ever hit my Mario?:crutch:

bah007
11-07-2006, 03:39 PM

His helmet would fly off so that we could see him crying.

The ball would also fly 20 yds backwards where we would hopefully recover it.

TxAg
11-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I see him leaving the game after just one hit :chicken:

GuerillaBlack
11-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Can't wait until next year when the Saints come marching into Houston, but leave limping out.

Texan_Bill
11-07-2006, 05:20 PM

Won't ever happen. He will be listed as doubtful: Marioitis.

Meloy
11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Mario is our player. Don't care anymore about Bush and VY is up the road. Mario is all I focus on of the draft.

dantem
11-07-2006, 07:21 PM
This is my favorate post in this thread.

Because its True that a rookie has made a giant contribution and helped the Saints to 6 victories, the guy is the next coming of (insert Hall of Famer here).

And he's on my fantasy team.

oh wait,we're not talking about the 7th round rookie sensation Marques Colsten are we?

oops

p.s., I'd put Rod Smith in my previous parenthesis, except he's not a HOFer ... yet.

Are you guys blind, Bush has done little of nothing this year, and is probably the only RB that has been intercepted. So far he is not as good as most back up NFL RB's. Vince Young hasn't played well either something like 80 yards passing per game and a very low completion percentage. They are both playing at College level still. Mario has been consistently better every game and is disrupting some very good offenses. He is in the middle of the league in Sacks and Tackles.

DRAMA
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
You can definitely see Mario improving with each game. Bush's contributions have been mainly as a receiver but I thought he was to be the next Gale Sayers and not the next Jerry Rice.

Jerry Rice? Heck, I know high schoolers that could average 6.5 yards PER CATCH!! For Bush to be hailed as the 'messiah' and the one who will 'change the way football itself is played from game 1' may be a little much. I think in the Zone scheme, he may have been more successful, though.

joedinkle
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Are you guys blind, Bush has done little of nothing this year, and is probably the only RB that has been intercepted. So far he is not as good as most back up NFL RB's. Vince Young hasn't played well either something like 80 yards passing per game and a very low completion percentage. They are both playing at College level still. Mario has been consistently better every game and is disrupting some very good offenses. He is in the middle of the league in Sacks and Tackles.

Read the whole post. It's sarcasm.

Wolf
11-07-2006, 07:57 PM
what is embarrassing is Polk led the Texans last season with 3.5 sacks..

Mario has 4.5 at midway point
http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/HOU/2005/regular

Second Honeymoon
11-07-2006, 09:12 PM

Quoted for truth. Mario may be the missing piece to the Texan's pass rush. They have been abysmall at rushing the passer since the franchise's inception. Add another pass rushing threat in the draft or free agency and I think we could start to scare some people ala Carolina/Chicago in regards to pass rush.

I really hope the franchise goes DE with the 1st round pick. a.peterson or c.johnson (Johnson & Johnson at WR...the commercials practically write themselves) would be nice but I want the Texans to develop a defense that punches people in the mouth like Buddy Ryan's elite Oilers defense...now those were some good times watching football that year...lets see it again with the Mario's Brothers

doug ftw

ChrisG
11-07-2006, 10:26 PM
here is a good comparison:

Mario Williams-
Tied for 16th in AFC (30th in NFL) in sacks
25 Tackles

Reggie Bush -
2.6 yrds per carry
1 INT
1 Lost Fumble

but lets not even compare DE to RB...RB to RB:

Bush:
8 Games played in - 207 yards (2.6 yrd avg)
Ranked LAST in NFL for yards per carry for RB
Ranked 46th in NFL (rushing yards)
0 runs for 20+ yrds

Lundy:
6 Games - 309 yards (4.2 yrd avg)
Tied for 22nd in NFL (avg yrds)
Ranked 37th in NFL (rushing yrds)
3 runs 20+ yards

Dayne:
6 Games - 183 yards (3.0 yrd avg)

stats from Sports @ Yahoo.com and NFL.com

eriadoc
11-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Someone earlier posted to say that Bush has won a game for the Saints with his punt return TD. Without getting into the merits of that particular play, I'll just say that offensive players are usually in better position to "win" games for their team, from the casual fan's perspective, as they score TDs and defenses usually do not. However, Mario's tipped pass vs. Miami was every bit as much a game-winner as Bush's PR, probably moreso.

As far as Mario's sacks, he's on pace for whatever (9, 10 sacks?), which would be great. Just something to think about, though - that average is considering the sackless games he had early. For the past four games (or is it 5?), he's had a sack. If he keeps doing that every game, he's looking at over a dozen, which really may put him in ROY discussions. (Personally, I'm rooting for Ryans, but it'd be nice to see both of them in the talk).

QB75
11-08-2006, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=buckaroo_banzai;490524]hey guys, who do you think is having a better season so far...mario or reggie?

Mario shows visible and tangible progress virtually every week. Reggie Bush has not yet proven that he is much of a threat of anything except an occasional punt return in the NFL. And as for Vince Young, if the Texans do need to eventually make a change at QB, there will be much better choices available. The Texans made the right choice and coaching is proving to make a postive difference.

Runner
11-08-2006, 11:47 AM
On the other hand:

Mario Williams is terrific. He broke the franchise record for sacks by a rookie in Week 9, is an absolute beast, and manhandled the Giants offensive line on Sunday. Reggie Bush, on the other hand, is the second best rookie on the Saints. You really oughta taste the shoe in my mouth. It's fabulous. Seriously, just a wonderful, delicious treat. The laces, the soles, the tongue it's all so succulent.

At the very end of this Peter Schrager article:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6146762

JDizzle
11-08-2006, 11:57 AM
On the other hand:

At the very end of this Peter Schrager article:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6146762

Nice find Runner. Funny how that is buried at the bottom of an NBA article.

Runner
11-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Nice find Runner. Funny how that is buried at the bottom of an NBA article.

The Williams reference was posted prominently on the link to the article though. That is the only reason I clicked through. It was part of his "buffet".

bah007
11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22Reggie+Bush%22+rushing+tou chdown+%22NFL%22&search=Search

That says all you need to know about this thread.

michaelm
11-08-2006, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22Reggie+Bush%22+rushing+tou chdown+%22NFL%22&search=Search

That says all you need to know about this thread.

Funny stuff, my man... rep coming your way.

Texan_Bill
11-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Funny....... I'm sitting there waiting for the video to buffer, wondering WTH is going on.... Then I see "no results" ---- Awesome!!!

eriadoc
11-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Orr had 7 sacks last year, Peek had 6 sacks, and Babin had 4 sacks last year.

run-david-run
11-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Mario has had a sack in each of the last three games, and his 4.5 have come in the last 5 games, meaning he is really making an impact now. Also, since week 4, the week Mario got his first sack, we have been way better defensivley. The only team we gave up more then 2 TD's too was the Cowboys, and those were because of turnovers inside our 35. On th other hand, the Saints started really hot and now seem to be fading a little as the NFL finally sees Reggie isnt something to stay up at night for as a defensive coordinator.

The Pencil Neck
11-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Orr had 7 sacks last year, Peek had 6 sacks, and Babin had 4 sacks last year.

I think the current sack record for a season for the Texans is a whopping 8 set by Posey in 2002. Mario is on pace to break that record. As a raw rookie that's just mostly potential at this point.

That's gotta be worth something.

GP
11-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Maybe they'll start pulling the Subway ads that have Reggie walking up to a player, and the young player whines "I'll NEVER be a starter..."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

That's art imitating life, ain't it? LOL!!!!

Texan_Bill
11-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Where did the saints fan go?....

Apparently they realize that their arguments for Bush over Williams are futile.

bah007
11-08-2006, 11:41 PM
I think the current sack record for a season for the Texans is a whopping 8 set by Posey in 2002. Mario is on pace to break that record. As a raw rookie that's just mostly potential at this point.

That's gotta be worth something.

I wish we still had Posey. He would be an upgrade over Greenwood.

Mysteryhunt
11-09-2006, 12:13 AM
i could care less is mario ever had another sack, his disruption is starting to be a major concern for opposing offenses and that's what im liking about his play so far.
/p.s. he's TWENTY-ONE

Numbskull
11-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Trying to find something positive out of another dismal season?

Saints 2005: 3 - 13, 31st (14.7) in Offensive PPG w/o Brees, Bush, and Colston
Saints 2006: 6 - 2, 6th (24.8) in Offensive PPG w/ Brees, Bush, and Colston

Difference: +10.1 PPG

Texans 2005: 2 - 14, 26th (24.5) in Defensive PPG w/o Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans
Texans 2006: 2 - 6, 28th (24.5) in Defensive PPG w/ Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans

Difference: 0 PPG

Yall can rest on these individual achievements, but I'd rather a player who will sacrifice glory for himself and do what it takes for his team to win. Thats what Bush has done here. Defenses are keying on the kid and he's playing like a rookie now, but he's doing big things to help his team win. He's been a bust in the running game, but a big + for the team.

All three of Brees' touchdown passes last week were playaction passes to Reggie; the amount of respect the safeties and linebackers give to him is huge. And on one of those plays he made a CRITICAL blitz pickup on Ronde Barber. He doesn't make the block and the play ends w/ a sack instead of a 50+ yard TD pass. Its the dirty work he's doing that isn't showing up in the stats, its players like THAT that you want on your side. Not to mention he's been pretty good helping us extend drives with his pass catching ability. Lots of 1st downs.

But yall can be happy with your pick. Mario is going to be a fine player.

HJam72
11-09-2006, 01:18 AM

Texans 2005: 2 - 14, 26th (24.5) in Defensive PPG w/o Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans
Texans 2006: 2 - 6, 28th (24.5) in Defensive PPG w/ Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans

Yall can rest on these individual achievements, but I'd rather a player who will sacrifice glory for himself and do what it takes for his team to win. Thats what Bush has done here. Defenses are keying on the kid and he's playing like a rookie now, but he's doing big things to help his team win. He's been a bust in the running game, but a big + for the team.

All three of Brees' touchdown passes last week were playaction passes to Reggie; the amount of respect the safeties and linebackers give to him is huge. And on one of those plays he made a CRITICAL blitz pickup on Ronde Barber. He doesn't make the block and the play ends w/ a sack instead of a 50+ yard TD pass. Its the dirty work he's doing that isn't showing up in the stats, its players like THAT that you want on your side. Not to mention he's been pretty good helping us extend drives with his pass catching ability. Lots of 1st downs.

That's a LOAD....OF....CRAP :tease:

Your team already had talent, especially with that old starting RB coming back and Colston is the one new player making a huge difference. Bush can't just be a decoy for an entire season (or career, lol).

bah007
11-09-2006, 01:29 AM

You do realize that there is no effect because of Bush.

Your Pro-Bowl running back (McCalister) is back.

You now have a Pro-Bowl QB (Brees).

And you have one of the best rookies in the league (Colston).

I feel like I have said this a million times already but Bush is LAST IN THE NFL in yds per carry. That is horrible.

Our QB & 6th round pick get more yds on each carry than Bush.

He is not a decoy (you have to be effective for that), he is not a running back (he is horrible), all he is is a decent reciever (tons of catches, but at the bottom of the league in yds per catch).

Saints fans need to get over it. Yea they are doing awesome this year, but Bush is the last reason why.

Face it. You wasted $60 million on a slot reciever/punt returner.

The Pencil Neck
11-09-2006, 01:50 AM

The thing is that Bush isn't responsible for your offensive turn around. That's a healthy Deuce (which you didn't have last year) along with a good QB (Brees) and adding Colston to your wideouts. Bush has contributed a little but not enough to make that difference.

For the Texans D, our D took a little time to gel AND the offenses we played initially were really tough. We were giving up over 32 points per game in our first 3 games but since then, we're giving up less than 20 (and if we take out special teams and offensive turnover points, we're giving up less than 17 points) . We were giving up 163 yards rushing and 320 yards passing per game and we were only getting 1 sack per game... and Mario hadn't gotten ANY sacks OR quarterback hurries. Since that third game, we're only giving up 115 yards rushing and 154 yards passing per game. We're averaging 2.2 sacks per game and Mario has 4.5. Mario is averaging 1.4 QB hurries per game.

Reggie might end up being a good player although I've never thought his game was going to translate to the pros, but Mario is already starting to have a big impact. And when it comes to "game winning" plays, Reggie has his punt return for a touch down to win a game but Mario deflected a pass on a 2 point conversion that won a game for us. So, they're even on that.

TexasSportsFan4
11-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Mario>Reggie. End of story. We made the better pick and soon all of the people questioning why we didn't take the "next LT" are going to eat their words.

run-david-run
11-09-2006, 03:03 AM

Ok...lets not mention the return of a healthy Pro-Bowl running back, the guy running behind the same line as Reggie and getting close to double the production. Or, you know, not being displaced by a natural disaster, getting to play home games again, getting a coach who knows what he is doing and all the good will America can muster. Also, the Saints were 8-8 the year before Katrina with Aaron Brooks at QB, obviously there was some talent on that team, they were just inconsitant.

Meanwhile, in regards to your criticism of Mario, who has been by far the best player on our D-line and has not been afforeded the luxury of being a "decoy", and the D. Since the Redskins game (week 3), they have been pretty much shut-down, although that is not always reflected in the score. They only gave up 15 points to the Dolphins, 7 to the Jags, 14 to the Titans and 14 to the Giants. Thats not too bad for a unit anchored by two rookies and a third year corner.

Jwwillis
11-09-2006, 03:46 AM
Stats never tell the whole story. We won't know about MW for another season or 2. I'll say this, MW is developing as expected for a DE, Bush is developing slow for a HB. Bush is suppose to have 1200yrds rushing by now :francis: Mario is on pace for 9 sacks his rookie yr. after a slow start.:bowser:

On the other hand, the Saints are winning and the Texans arn't.

gg no re
11-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Bush = anti-tiger rock.

You can claim it keeps away tigers, but maybe there's other factors that's keeping away tigers that sounds more reasonable yet less absurd.....

swtbound07
11-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Bush = anti-tiger rock.

You can claim it keeps away tigers, but maybe there's other factors that's keeping away tigers that sounds more reasonable yet less absurd.....

You must spread some reputation around........

I was going to make that exact same point, but with bears.

infantrycak
11-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Bush = anti-tiger rock.

Great Gilligan's Island shtick. Skipper asks Gilligan about his necklace and Gilligan response it is a charm to keep polar bears away. Skipper exclaims there aren't any polar bears within 10,000 miles so of course Gilligan responds--"see how well it works."

michaelm
11-09-2006, 09:43 AM
ESPN.com poll about RB.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index?lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NFL_NFL

Poll on lower right of page.

bah007
11-09-2006, 09:47 AM
ESPN.com poll about RB.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index?lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NFL_NFL

Poll on lower right of page.

70% say no.

What a joke.

michaelm
11-09-2006, 09:49 AM
70% say no.

What a joke.

Funny... I didn't even take it or look at the results... the fact that the poll exists at all is answer enough for me concerning the Mario > Reggie debate...

I do agree that RB has been a bust so far, but it is obviously too early to tell about his career being a bust.

bravesoul1999
11-09-2006, 02:25 PM
"I do agree that RB has been a bust but it is obviously too early to tell about his career being a bust"

u all are clueless and maybe u should watch a gm. Reggie scored 3 tds on sunday. Every long saints Td was a play action fake to reggie. Teams are gameplanning to shut him down and in turn it opens up the passing game. If teams want to shut down reggie then thats fine. He is a big reason we are 6-2 and everyone is happy with him so thanks again!

JDizzle
11-09-2006, 02:39 PM
If this isn't denial then I don't know what is.

whiskeyrbl
11-09-2006, 02:45 PM
"I do agree that RB has been a bust but it is obviously too early to tell about his career being a bust"

u all are clueless and maybe u should watch a gm. Reggie scored 3 tds on sunday. Every long saints Td was a play action fake to reggie. Teams are gameplanning to shut him down and in turn it opens up the passing game. If teams want to shut down reggie then thats fine. He is a big reason we are 6-2 and everyone is happy with him so thanks again!

No he didn't hit pay dirt someonelse did. And teams that don't have REGGIE score the same way every week. You say everyone is happy with him. HE is the one that is happy, a $30 million dollar decoy! Hell he's running against the same Defenses as Deuce and the stats are way different. But I guess when they hand off to Deuce they are watching Reggie on the sidelines.

TxAg
11-09-2006, 02:48 PM
That was too funny:mario:

JDizzle
11-09-2006, 02:55 PM
So, what Saints fans are saying is that Bush is helping the team more when he doesn't touch the ball than when he does touch it. Now that I can believe.

thunderkyss
11-09-2006, 03:23 PM

And Mario scored three TDs this past weekend. Every time we forced a punt, it was because Mario was on the field.

HOU-TEX
11-09-2006, 03:46 PM
And Mario scored three TDs this past weekend. Every time we forced a punt, it was because Mario was on the field.

lol: Very nice TK

bravesoul1999
11-09-2006, 05:10 PM
believe what u want. If it makes u feel better by saying that then fine. All i know we are 6-2 and he is on pace to catch 80 plus balls and lead us to the playoffs. If u cant understand what a play action pass is I pity you. Every pass TD the safety went towards LOS and then we got 3 TDS. 6-2 baby, but Mario sure has improved the teaxns thats for sure-from 3-13 to 4-12.

Hookem Horns
11-09-2006, 05:20 PM
You Saints fans ought to be arguing with your own "Bush Bashers" as they are called on SaintsReport.com. There are plenty of Saints fans calling him out right now.

BTW, Bush is setting records according to SI...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.nfl.bythenumbers9/content.1.html

thunderkyss
11-09-2006, 05:23 PM
believe what u want. If it makes u feel better by saying that then fine. All i know we are 6-2 and he is on pace to catch 80 plus balls and lead us to the playoffs. If u cant understand what a play action pass is I pity you. Every pass TD the safety went towards LOS and then we got 3 TDS. 6-2 baby, but Mario sure has improved the teaxns thats for sure-from 3-13 to 4-12.

Nobody is taking anything away from the Saints & their 6-2 season. If a team from the NFC South has to goes to the NFC championship game, I'd bet that most guys here would prefer it be the Saints...... if not the Panthers.

You guys have a good football team, a QB most of us wouldn't mind having here, and you guys have a RB most of us would love to have here. but his initials are not RB.

Mario is a better player than Reggie.......

nah, you can't say that, because one is a DE, the other is a RB, and you kinda need both to field a competitive team.

Do you think you'd have won 6 games if Will Smith & Charles Grant weren't able to play this year??

You haven't been here very long...... you probably don't know of the Saints fans who came to visit us, only to tell us how stupid we were for passing REggie(why would they want to do that?? if we hadn't passed, you wouldn't have got the guy you really wanted.......) You probably don't know about the Saints fans(more than one) coming here telling us how Mario won't make an impact, and Reggie will "lead" you to the play-offs.

We'd tell them, Mario doesn't have to get sacks, he can force double teams, and someone else on our team will get the sack. Those Saints fans would tell us that you can't spend the #1 overall on a decoy.........

& now you're telling us you can use the #2 overall as a decoy.....

Sorry, but we don't understand that reasoning.

Then, as it turns out, Mario isn't only forcing the doubles, but he's also having to get the sacks for us..... the rest of our line isn't as good as we thought they would be. So Mario has had to be an even bigger impact than we've expected, and he has answered that call very well.

bah007
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM

You must not have started watching football until this season.

Every team in the NFL runs play action. It doesnt work for the Saints only cuz Bush is the one they are faking to.

It works cuz they have a great QB & good WRs.

I would be willing to bet that the play action to McCalister is more effective than the ones to Bush.

bah007
11-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Bush's rushing output against the Bucs was the lowest total in the NFL in the last 21 years for someone who had at least 10 carries in a game.

Wow.

Scooter
11-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Let's do pause to remember one thing though before we all throw Bush under the proverbial bus. Bush has won a football game for his team. They were dead and buried v. the Bucs and he had that punt return to win the game. He has won one game for his team and that is nearly as many wins as we have as a team. He has also been a threat out of the backfield as a receiver and helped them start out the season well.doug from the woodlands

reggie won a game and mario saved a game. mario's tipped pass in the endzone against miami kept them from tying the game with little or no time left (a very big play this year for the texans that's going to get lost as people compare stats). bush ran back a punt return that an old man on a rascal could've scored on. mario as a defensive end was able to come across the field and was the only guy on the field who could've reached that pass.

there's no debate, mario's played much better than reggie has ... and i'm loving it!

nunusguy
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
You Saints fans ought to be arguing with your own "Bush Bashers" as they are called on SaintsReport.com. There are plenty of Saints fans calling him out right now.
BTW, Bush is setting records according to SI...

"Reggie Bush ran 11 times for minus-five yards against the Buccaneers Sunday, the fewest yards by any NFL player in 21 years on 11 or more carries. The last player to gain minus-five or fewer yards on 11 or more carries was Ottis Anderson of the Cards on Nov. 4, 1985. Anderson was 5-for-minus-10 that Monday night in a 21-10 win over the Cards at Busch Stadium. Bush gained positive yards on three of his 11 carries. "
Good find there Hookem Horns. Hope you don't mind, but I went ahead and
did a copy and paste on that quote that is a sure indication that SI is getting as sick and tired as all the rest of us about Reggie Boys endless hype.
Dang, that hasn't been done for 21 years - way to go Reg !

run-david-run
11-09-2006, 10:43 PM
"Reggie Bush ran 11 times for minus-five yards against the Buccaneers Sunday, the fewest yards by any NFL player in 21 years on 11 or more carries. The last player to gain minus-five or fewer yards on 11 or more carries was Ottis Anderson of the Cards on Nov. 4, 1985. Anderson was 5-for-minus-10 that Monday night in a 21-10 win over the Cards at Busch Stadium. Bush gained positive yards on three of his 11 carries. "
did a copy and paste on that quote that is a sure indication that SI is getting as sick and tired as all the rest of us about Reggie Boys endless hype.

Lol, they are paying him about $12M for every yard he lost! I love it! :mario:

thunderkyss
11-09-2006, 11:13 PM

Hey, guys, don't forget the fumble & the INt he threw to put his team in a big hole to begin with....... It's hell to win, when you're commiting turnovers, especially when they lead to points for the other team....

thunderkyss
11-09-2006, 11:14 PM
psh......

my bad, that was a different game all together.

Jwwillis
11-10-2006, 01:54 AM

As I recall we were saying Mario would be a decoy for double teams and Bush backers were calling us in denial.

real
11-10-2006, 09:17 AM
And I'm happy he's proving me right. I don't know how many posts I had on the ESPN Texans message board arguing for Mario pre-draft and then defending the pick after, but I took my fair share of jabs. Now the attacks and "haha's" seem to have ceased.

How'd you find out about this Texans board ?? just out of curiosity...

Tayton
11-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Not that it's going to stop the debate but there is still alot of football to be played. Both of these players are gifted and it may take several years to determine which pick was right. It may take longer for the national press to admit it. Both are due for breakout games.

real
11-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Your spam led me to it. I've never been so thankful...that ESPN joint was nothing but a trollfest. My name there is Cheddz.

Glad to have you here...

Just trying to help some fellow Texan fans find a good message board...

That ESPN board is borderline awful...

Runner
11-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Your spam led me to it. I've never been so thankful...that ESPN joint was nothing but a trollfest. My name there is Cheddz.

Is there where many of our recently added new users are coming from?

Runner
11-10-2006, 09:52 AM

Glad to be here...I'll probably recommend it to some others as well...there are some really good posters over there, but it's pretty bad at times. I'm still getting a feel for this place.

:soapbox:

Just mention to them that the reason you like this place is it's not a trollfest. The more users we have that appreciate that the better the board.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
11-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Hey, I am one of those posters and I am VERY happy Mario is improving. If I had to do it over, I still would have liked to see Bush in a Texans unifrom though. Just MO.

Huh? Simple question. Which one is better?

Mario is getting better and has more upside considering he is still learning how to APPLY his physical skills.

Bush is still learning too... but unfortunately Bush is learning that his physical skills are NOT unique in the NFL and IF he was in a Texans uniform Kubiak would have benched him for his performance making Bush is a waste of #1 or #2 money.

Battle Red Flash
11-10-2006, 10:44 AM

Mario. And it confuses me. How can the Saints coach not come up with a way to get Bush in the open field? Sweep? Quick pitch? How can Reggie not have broken one of those short passes?

HOU-TEX
11-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Mario. And it confuses me. How can the Saints coach not come up with a way to get Bush in the open field? Sweep? Quick pitch? How can Reggie not have broken one of those short passes?

I believe they've tried just about everything. He hasn't been able to get to the outside like he did in college. He does dance around alot looking for some where to run. I bet when his career's over, he'll be great on Dancing With The Stars.:hides:

thunderkyss
11-10-2006, 11:06 AM
I believe they've tried just about everything. He hasn't been able to get to the outside like he did in college. He does dance around alot looking for some where to run. I bet when his career's over, he'll be great on Dancing With The Stars.:hides:

Even as a reciever, or coming out of the backfield. the LB/ Reggie Bush mis-match has gone in the defeneses favor so far. No team that I'm aware of has been burned because they had to put in an extra DB, and Duece ran over them. Duece is just running over that extra LB as if he were a DB.

run-david-run
11-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Its amazing really. Reggie's longest run was 18 yards in the first game of the season (aginst the Browns). Lundy has had muliple runs of 30 yards or more. I didnt think we needed Reggie on our team and I knew he wouldnt be as good as the hype was leading a lot of people to believe, but I never would have predicted him struggling this badly this soon.

TxAg
11-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Reggie to me still has alot to learn in the NFL he is very fast but you also have to follow your blocks and when that opening comes you can use your speed. Lundy is not as fast as Reggie but he has a better way of runnig in the NFL. Mario to me is just huge and with him getting more relaxed he will be awsome as he has done.:fireball:

edo783
11-10-2006, 07:35 PM
The Aints are using Bush EXACTLY like everyone said they should and that he would tear up the league doing it. The Aints are doing it right....Bush just isn't holding up his end of the deal.

TexansFanatic
11-10-2006, 08:15 PM
The Aints are using Bush EXACTLY like everyone said they should and that he would tear up the league doing it. The Aints are doing it right....Bush just isn't holding up his end of the deal.

I agree and couldn't have said it better myself. Deuce McCallister is on pace for a 1,000 yard year (and that's giving up carries to Bush) so nobody can blame the offensive line. The Aints have a winning record IN SPITE OF Mr. Bush. If he had been a middle to late round pick he wouldn't be getting getting all the carries he's getting. This is no Gale Sayers. This is no Barry Sanders. He MAY be another Antwaan Randle El.....

BigBull17
11-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Mario is doing a lot better than Reggie, and only a biased person would say that REggie is anywhere near Mario's playing skill as of now.

I was personally on the draft D'Brick boat in April, and if anybody has caught any Jets games, i'd really love to know how he's doing. I wish i could catch some Jets games for myself, but they're not too popular.

But Reggie changes a game just standing on the field right.....?

JDizzle
11-10-2006, 08:57 PM
I just opened my official Reggie Bush Decoy that I got off eBay, but I spent $48,999,980 less than the Saints did. Talk about a sweet deal ....

http://www.biggsports.com/catalog/bushbobble.jpg

run-david-run
11-10-2006, 09:22 PM
I just opened my official Reggie Bush Decoy that I got off eBay, but I spent $48,999,980 less than the Saints did. Talk about a sweet deal ....

http://www.biggsports.com/catalog/bushbobble.jpg

you spent $12, 000,020 on that? thats almost as bad as the Saints giving the real Reggie $60M! Yours might give you more production though...:tease:

Carr Bombed
11-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Man saint fans are really eating up this "decoy" excuse, by the media. Check out the 2nd post in this thread.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2738

I lost brain cells reading it.

GuerillaBlack
11-10-2006, 10:37 PM
"ts a decoy, by having teams see he always, always cuts it out, when we need reggie he will cut it in, we havent really needed reggie to do this yet, but its all payton giving teams some film on bush, before we unveil the real reggie bush, again i said it before and will say it again, reggie is the greatest player ever in the NFL.................."

I need some Tylenol.

edo783
11-10-2006, 11:28 PM
They are truly in denile about what he has actually done. I did notice a couple of guys wondering if Bush is backing away from the hits. Could be.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2006, 12:52 PM
ROFLMAO............ Bwaaahaaahahahahahah!!! My sides hurt!

Wolf
11-11-2006, 12:59 PM
http://reggiewatch.blogs.nola.com/

wow

Texan_Bill
11-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Qay to play the 'ol "my ankle has been sore since I started my over-rated career" card... Nice!!

I would think that he wouldn't dance around so much if his ankle is that sore....Hmmm!

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-11-2006, 01:13 PM

Because he hasn't faced a defense like Fresno State, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Cal, or Notre Dame this season. Notre Dame actually played him and Leinart pretty well last year. The jump from college to pro is like going from your high school algebra class to an aerospace engineering job at NASA. Bush was a good player on a great team. No more. Barry Sanders was a great player on a mediocre team.

Carr Bombed
11-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Vick fans should be happy, He is no longer the most over hyped player in the NFL.

Bush is playing out of position. He's a wide reciever, he plays like a receiver trying to run the ball, he catches like a receiver, at 5'11 203 he's built like a receiver, even his stats says he's a receiver.

46 rec. 312 yards......he's a slot receiver..........a 60 million dollar slot receiver

For once the Texans made the right choice, unbelievable

Texan_Bill
11-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Good point Bama.... Noticed he spent time on the pine whenever he was playing Texas for the National Championship?...

Carr Bomb, *tongue in cheek* are you suggesting that the Saints paid 60 million for Jabbar Gaffney???

kfranco_utexas
11-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Wow, I was wrong about Bush. My mistake. I hope this continues that way our franchise wont be mocked for not picking the greatest player in college football. Mario is doing a hell of a lot better, and my boy Vince, well....lt takes time for him to adjust. Took awhile in college, it will probably take him 3 to 4 more years in the nfl.

Carr Bombed
11-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Good point Bama.... Noticed he spent time on the pine whenever he was playing Texas for the National Championship?...

Carr Bomb, *tongue in cheek* are you suggesting that the Saints paid 60 million for Jabbar Gaffney???

Hell no....Gaffney has a career 6.2 ypcarry avg. :shades:

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-11-2006, 01:39 PM

Bama, with our boy Demeco, had one of the best defenses in the country last year. I've wondered how many yards Bush would have gotten against that defense.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Hell no....Gaffney has a career 6.2 ypcarry avg. :shades:

Nicely done Carr Bomb!!

Texan_Bill
11-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Bama, with our boy Demeco, had one of the best defenses in the country last year. I've wondered how many yards Bush would have gotten against that defense.

Slim and none....

In recent news, slim has packed his bags and left town...

QB75
11-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Wow, I was wrong about Bush. My mistake. I hope this continues that way our franchise wont be mocked for not picking the greatest player in college football. Mario is doing a hell of a lot better, and my boy Vince, well....lt takes time for him to adjust. Took awhile in college, it will probably take him 3 to 4 more years in the nfl.

at least

ChrisG
11-19-2006, 07:06 PM
it seems like many are going on name alone...in NY we don't hear much about other teams or players...in upstate its all Buffalo, and sometimes NYG

but since the texans we in NY today I got to see on articles on reggie vs mario. I found one article in the Rochester NY paper, titled "He's no Reggie!" talking about how dispite picking a DE 1st in the draft we only have 16 sacks, williams with 4.5 and since we lost Davis we look like *****s for passing on bush....hmm...maybe a little research, how is reggie doing? 2 LOST fumbles and only 28 yards a game...yea Lundy is horrible compared to him (49 yards a game, 2 TDs 1 Fumble)..okay Bush is splitting carries with a good Rb, but how come this amazing player only can get 3 years when he touches the ball

why does everyone think Reggie is so amazing, he was good in college, a flop in the pros

Wolf
11-19-2006, 07:12 PM
I watched reggie today a little bit(no thanks to the local tv station). And he is fast, if he can learn to read his blockers and quit trying to bounce outside and out run them, he could be good.(nfl live had a story on that, imagine that). Bush also needs to keep the ball close to his body on those fumbles.

bravesoul1999
12-12-2006, 04:05 AM
Thanks Again for Reggie