PDA

View Full Version : Same ole, same ole

the wonger need food
11-05-2006, 03:22 PM
First off, I think the Texans players showed a lot of heart today. Obviously, we don't have the overall talent to compete in the NFL yet, that's a given. But the gameplanning is absolutely cowardly, just like we've seen in years past. This coaching staff gameplans not to lose, just like the previous staff. The Giants have a weak secondary, especially today with injuries, and yet we refuse to throw the ball downfield when the strength of this team is their receivers. The cowardly play not to lose mentality lost this game like we've seen dozens of times.

Tayton
11-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Tough to throw the ball deep with no running game and 6 defensive backs

thunderkyss
11-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Why do we blame the Coach if we don't throw the ball deep??

CowboysTexansFan
11-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I disagree. I'm proud of the way the team played today, especially Carr. I think he showed a lot of heart and that his teammates on offense went the extra mile for him.

It was a tough break at the end, with Cook's fumble, but the team played well and had a chance to win. It looked like bona fide NFL team today. The future is looking better.

Go Texans!

:redtowel:

underdog65
11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
The team is making strides and by the end of the year we will resemble a real team. Maybe, just maybe we can upset Indy towards the end of the season.

FLYmeatwad
11-05-2006, 03:31 PM
The team is making strides and by the end of the year we will resemble a real team. Maybe, just maybe we can upset Indy towards the end of the season.

When they are sitting all the starters.

brewhaus
11-05-2006, 03:46 PM
IF SHOULD HAVE COULD HAVE, NEVER WOULD HAVE. Or, how about:
IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT........

Our team played better this week than last week and I believe that 90% of the Texans fans who watched the game saw the outcome they were expecting.

Our D played good......man, when Glenn Earl lowered the boom on Shockey I literally came out of my chair ! And Mario had what I would call a breakout game. We are gettin' better.

The offense looked more confident, but I was disappointed Carr had to act like he had never been in the end zone before.

blockhead83
11-05-2006, 04:07 PM
14-10 seems pretty competitive to me. We were a fumble away from making things interesting, we do have the talent to compete with some of the best teams in the league as evidenced by today's game.

sakebomb
11-05-2006, 04:08 PM
I think it was just the opposite. We ran a ton of plays with an empty backfield and it was working. I don't know if that was the game plan or if it was an adjustment but it worked. We won't be able to go deep until we get a bad ***** running game to bring the defense closer to the line of scrimmage.

belars44
11-05-2006, 04:24 PM
IF SHOULD HAVE COULD HAVE, NEVER WOULD HAVE. Or, how about:
IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT........

Our team played better this week than last week and I believe that 90% of the Texans fans who watched the game saw the outcome they were expecting.

Our D played good......man, when Glenn Earl lowered the boom on Shockey I literally came out of my chair ! And Mario had what I would call a breakout game. We are gettin' better.

The offense looked more confident, but I was disappointed Carr had to act like he had never been in the end zone before.

Seen it year after year for going on 5 now. One "decent" game that still ends in the L column and people talk of getting better and progress. After last week how could it get much worse in year 5 with a rookie type QB. Just wait until after next week when we possibly win 2 in a row and maybe end this league leading 12 game away losing streak before you annoint this as progress. To me it's status quo.

belars44
11-05-2006, 04:26 PM
14-10 seems pretty competitive to me. We were a fumble away from making things interesting, we do have the talent to compete with some of the best teams in the league as evidenced by today's game.

Oh lord.........

Wolf
11-05-2006, 04:27 PM
hmmm 14-13 what it should have been :hunter:

aj.
11-05-2006, 05:29 PM
No moral victories.

I hope that none of the players or coaches are satisfied with the effort today. It wasn't good enough.

I'm tired of losing and I'm the most patient person on the planet when it comes to cheering on the home team.

nflnutswife
11-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Did anyone REALLY expect to WIN this game? For petes sake, the Giants are number one at this time. I truly expected to get plummeted! We DIDN'T! Good effort, that's all I have to say, Thanks for the effort! And CARR. . . What a touch town. . .I for one was up and screaming!
High five baby doll!:highfive:

belars44
11-05-2006, 05:41 PM
No moral victories.

I hope that none of the players or coaches are satisfied with the effort today. It wasn't good enough.

I'm tired of losing and I'm the most patient person on the planet when it comes to cheering on the home team.

Along with gr8fan, aj says it best and just how I think as well. And yes he is, I've met the guy and have read his posts and articles for years now.

thunderkyss
11-05-2006, 05:45 PM
I think it was just the opposite. We ran a ton of plays with an empty backfield and it was working. I don't know if that was the game plan or if it was an adjustment but it worked. We won't be able to go deep until we get a bad ***** running game to bring the defense closer to the line of scrimmage.

The reason we can't run the ball, is because they always play close to the LOS. As soon as David consistently drop a few bombs behind their heads, they'll back up, and we'll be able to run like we want to.

Not knocking on David, just pointing out my opinion. But teams look like they are giving up the underneath stuff, and daring us to pass deep on them.

No moral victories.

obviously not.

thunderkyss
11-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Two of the hottest teams in the 4th quartere........ locked in a defensive battle.

aj.
11-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah that was one for the ages wasn't it? :rolleyes:

The Giants had several starters out. We had the lead entering the 4th. The game was there for the taking and we didn't take it. Two weeks in a row.

There's a stretch of 5 games coming up where if they don't win 3, I'll be disappointed. If they win 3 of the next 5 they will be on track for 6-10 which is about where I thought they'd be at season's start.

obviously not.
You really wouldn't know.

texflex513
11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
No moral victories.

I'm tired of losing and I'm the most patient person on the planet when it comes to cheering on the home team.Lets see.... having the lead in the 4th quarter on the road at one of the toughest places to play in the nfl and a turnover was really the only thing keeping us from sneaking out of there with our 1st road win in since FOREVER. I will take the moral victory because winning on the road has to start somewhere and i think we get it done next week in jacksonville this is good momentum even with the loss.

aj.
11-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Lets see.... having the lead in the 4th quarter on the road at one of the toughest places to play in the nfl and a turnover was really the only thing keeping us from sneaking out of there with our 1st road win in since FOREVER. I will take the moral victory because winning on the road has to start somewhere and i think we get it done next week in jacksonville this is good momentum even with the loss.

Yay us.

Maddict5
11-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah that was one for the ages wasn't it? :rolleyes:

The Giants had several starters out. We had the lead entering the 4th. The game was there for the taking and we didn't take it. Two weeks in a row.

There's a stretch of 5 games coming up where if they don't win 3, I'll be disappointed. If they win 3 of the next 5 they will be on track for 6-10 which is about where I thought they'd be at season's start.

You really wouldn't know.

amm.. the texans had several starters out also- at least be objective. i was happy with the general performance of the team-it wasnt a perfect performance by any means but every1 played hard and showed heart-which is all you can ask for... we just lost because of a bad break (fumble by cook).. it happens all the time- you cant blame any1..just come back and try to make sure next time you'll get that turnover

aj.
11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
amm.. the texans had several starters out also- at least be objective.

Okay then, here's objective:

As far as regular starters over the past month or so, the Texans were missing Spencer and Payne.

The Giants were missing Arrington, Strahan, Burress, Uminyiora, Madison, McKenzie and Short.

.. we just lost because of a bad break ... it happens all the time ...
Yes it does....and it's getting old

TheOgre
11-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Over the last 3 games, I think our defense has played considerably better. In fact, with the exception of a very forgetable 3rd quarter against the Cowboys (set up by the 3 back-to-back turnovers), they have played a lot better defensively the past 5 weeks.

Unfortunately, our offense looks surprisingly a lot like the Capers regime one. Unless we address the heart of our problem...a bad O-line, we will NEVER have any offensive consistency.

Maddict5
11-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Okay then, here's objective:

As far as regular starters over the past month or so, the Texans were missing Spencer and Payne.

The Giants were missing Arrington, Strahan, Burress, Uminyiora, Madison and Short.

Yes it does....and it's getting old

you could throw DD, mathis and the fact petey and wong are just recovering and the fact the o-line is very nicked up....basically what im saying is that we were by no means full strength either...

how can you be getting fed up with this season when we have so many young guys playing and they're already giving us a glimpse of what the future will hold with the progress they're showing already....

why arent you happy to have a young team thats playing hard but doesnt yet know enough of the veteran tricks to consistently win close games yet..

honestly, we knew we wouldnt be challenging this year because we dont have enough talent yet- give it another off-season or two...right now i think the texans, in the short amount of time kubiak has ben here have moved ahead into a better long-term (next season/2) situation than TEN, OAK, BUF, GB, MIA, CLE, SF, DET, ARI, MIN, TB who are all near enough us record wise but have aging players, coaching problems, qb problems etc....

anyway i kinda got sidetracked there but my point is that young teams can have moral victories unlike veteran teams

aj.
11-05-2006, 08:08 PM
how can you be getting fed up with this season when we have so many young guys playing and they're already giving us a glimpse of what the future will hold with the progress they're showing already....

why arent you happy to have a young team thats playing hard but doesnt yet know enough of the veteran tricks to consistently win close games yet..

anyway i kinda got sidetracked there but my point is that young teams can have moral victories unlike veteran teams
Who said I was fed up with this season?

I said I'm tired of losing.

I said there are no moral victories (today at least, because as it turned out, the game was there for the taking).

I also said they should win 3 of their next 5 and if they do, that will put them on track for 6-10 which is about where I thought they'd end up this year.

Our offense is not young. Eight games into a new system, yes. Young? Not even close. This is a veteran offense in terms of accredited years.

Weigert 12
Moulds 11
Flanagan 11
Salaam 9
Cook 6
Pitts 5
Weary 5/McKinney 9
Carr 5
AJ 4
Lundy 1
Daniels 1

Wait another season or two? I 'get' this year. But things in the NFL can and do turn around quickly so there's no reason to expect less than .500 next year. I'm also tired of the 'just wait' and have patience BS. It's time to start winning some games. I'm looking forward to the next 5. Anything less than 3-2 will be disappointing.