PDA

View Full Version : 2 minute drill

Osso
11-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Why can't we get a 2 minute drill?

Everyone else has one.

MissouriTexan
11-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Agreed; is it just me or is Kubiak playing a bit of Martyball?

Osso
11-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I really do want an answer to this. I'm pissed but still want an answer.

FLYmeatwad
11-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Why can't we get a 2 minute drill?

Everyone else has one.

Becuase we fumble in Giants territory while mounting a comeback and when we have good field position we hand the ball off to Lundy instead of going to the air.

TK_Gamer
11-05-2006, 03:06 PM
because Kubiak has absolutely no faith in david carr, or maybe.... he wants Carr gone after this year, and he wont be able to do that if Carr shows he can come from behind and win. think about that one

TK_Gamer
11-05-2006, 03:21 PM
remember what a lotta you folks posted during the pre-season? about the new coaches saying Carr was their man just so they could get the job? so Kubiak says carr is his man, then goes out of his way to prove he is damaged goods so the owner will let him trade him away and build up his prodigy. just a theory...

FLYmeatwad
11-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Who would his prodigy be?

TexansSeminole
11-05-2006, 03:24 PM
remember what a lotta you folks posted during the pre-season? about the new coaches saying Carr was their man just so they could get the job? so Kubiak says carr is his man, then goes out of his way to prove he is damaged goods so the owner will let him trade him away and build up his prodigy. just a theory...

Lol, crazy theory at that. Anyway, I dont think it is Kubiak that is trying to show that Carr is damaged goods at all. Why would he want to do that if he could try and win with him.

As for the 2 minute drills, I dont understand it. He seems to be very paranoid that Carr is going to do something stupid and really, I think Carr kind of earned that.

TK_Gamer
11-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Lol, crazy theory at that. Anyway, I dont think it is Kubiak that is trying to show that Carr is damaged goods at all. Why would he want to do that if he could try and win with him.

As for the 2 minute drills, I dont understand it. He seems to be very paranoid that Carr is going to do something stupid and really, I think Carr kind of earned that.

so whats the final stage of carr's development? he cant just avoid it indefinately, at some point you have to turn the guy loose, good or bad just to know if you need to look for an different answer.

TexansSeminole
11-05-2006, 03:31 PM
so whats the final stage of carr's development? he cant just avoid it indefinately, at some point you have to turn the guy loose, good or bad just to know if you need to look for an different answer.

I agree, I don't really understand it...maybe Kubiak thinks that Carr could lose us some games that he thinks we can win.

Texanfan4ever
11-05-2006, 03:35 PM
because Kubiak has absolutely no faith in david carr, or maybe.... he wants Carr gone after this year, and he wont be able to do that if Carr shows he can come from behind and win. think about that one

Unbelievable. yea, I'm sure that's it. :wild:

FLYmeatwad
11-05-2006, 03:35 PM
I agree, I don't really understand it...maybe Kubiak thinks that Carr could lose us some games that he thinks we can win.

This is similar to what Capers did, he just keeps him on a leash. I agree too, you need to just let him play at some point. At least he looks downt he field,b ut everything turns in to a dump off it seems.

OzzO
11-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I think it was best summed up after the game (fan feedback) on 610. One of the announcers, not sure which, noted Carr has 8 games left to improve his standing with the Texans. Five years is enough. If, after those last 8 games, the Texans aren't 100% sure Carr is their guy to be the team's QB - then they're going to find another.