PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak & Decisions....

pittbull
11-05-2006, 01:59 PM
OK, we all know that players are supposed to run the gameplan, but the coaches are more responsible and should know the rules of the game. Hence, Why would Kubiak challenge a play, that was not going to get you anything to begin with. First, the play was blown dead after the kicker dropped the ball, therefore the recovering team not being able to advance. Second, what was he trying to accomplish.? The ball was the Texans regardless. What did it cost the team? A time out that could be used later in the game in key situations. BUT, let's keep blasting Carr. Let's keep blasting the arrival of Mario Williams. Kubiak, or coaches in general, are just as much to blame for untimely playcalling, lack of preparation, or losses!

Bronco Texan
11-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I really didn't get a good look at the play but to me it looked like it all happened behind the line of scrimmage. If that was the case then it was a fumble. But I am probably wrong.

pittbull
11-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Then, Kubiak allows the ref to talk him out of a challenge. Come on.......

JDizzle
11-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Then, Kubiak allows the ref to talk him out of a challenge. Come on.......

The challenge would have been lost and we would have sacrificed a TO for nothing, just like the first challenge. It was an obvious fumble.

MrMeToo
11-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Kubiak is a wuss. He didn't go deep to Andre once. He has the one of the top WRs in the NFL and he doesn't try deep at least once; please grow a pair.

FLYmeatwad
11-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Kubiak is a queer. He didn't go deep to Andre once. He has the one of the top WRs in the NFL and he doesn't try deep at least once; please grow a pair.

Actually he went fairly deep, for DC this year anyway, to the endzone for Andre.

pittbull
11-05-2006, 08:54 PM
that was for moulds.

Hardcore Texan
11-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Kubiak is a wuss. He didn't go deep to Andre once. He has the one of the top WRs in the NFL and he doesn't try deep at least once; please grow a pair.

Please close this thread, the brains of the enitre Franchise has spoken. :brickwall

Honoring Earl 34
11-05-2006, 10:07 PM

I did'nt realize Kubiak was throwing the ball .

ansuz118
11-05-2006, 10:13 PM
hey kubiak is new to this himself,at times it seems as if he dont have faith either.but he dos let them do things that show faith at times like the 4th down conversions.its just a rooky thing.carr should go deep more than he dos he is able to make the throw.

bah007
11-05-2006, 10:18 PM

The coaches chooses the plays & what routes the WRs run, but the QB chooses who to throw to, not the coach.

HJam72
11-05-2006, 11:48 PM
This team is playing better than they were last year. It's way too early to be judging Kubiak, and besides, it took a very badly timed fumble by Jameel Cook for the division leading Giants to beat us IN NEW YORK today.

I've defended Carr so many times in the past and he did alright today, but I'd certainly blame him for the lack of long pass attempts today before I'd blame the coaching staff. Carr is becoming a master at the short passing game and almost a no-show in the longer attempts category. He just sees the shorter possibilities much better.

Frankly, Carr did alright like I said, and the TD run was all guts and glory, but I wonder what Rosenfels would have done. Would he have had TD pass(es)? Would he have had more passing yardage? I doubt his completion percentage would have been as high, but that's not everything. I just don't know.