PDA

View Full Version : Missed extra point

Tayton
11-04-2006, 12:23 PM
I know it's a week late and I'm not sure if anyone has covered this in previous posts but I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Last week in the fourth quarter we attempted to kick the extra point instead of going for 2. We ended up missing it, but why didn't we go for 2 to make it a 10 point game rather than an 11 point game? Anybody have the logic? It's obviously a moot point now but I'm wondering about the game and time management by the staff.

djready711
11-04-2006, 12:35 PM
I know it's a week late and I'm not sure if anyone has covered this in previous posts but I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Last week in the fourth quarter we attempted to kick the extra point instead of going for 2. We ended up missing it, but why didn't we go for 2 to make it a 10 point game rather than an 11 point game? Anybody have the logic? It's obviously a moot point now but I'm wondering about the game and time management by the staff.

Most coaches feel it's better to go for the 2 point conversion at the last possible moment. If they hit the fieldgoal, they're down by 11 and would attempt the 2 point conversion on their next trip into the endzone.

Tayton
11-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Still not buying that because going for 2 the second time made no sense. 4 or 6 point game. Either way it was going to take a TD to win.

dtran04
11-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Make it a 4 pt. game just in case they make a field goal. Nonetheless, it was pointless since there wasn't enough time.

Farough
11-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Still not buying that because going for 2 the second time made no sense. 4 or 6 point game. Either way it was going to take a TD to win.

If they were to hit a field goal while up by 4 they would go up by 7... if they were to hit a field goal while up by 6 it would now be a 2 possession game.