PDA

View Full Version : Injury concerns for Williams, Wong

Marcus
11-04-2006, 11:07 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4309638.html

Mario has a case of plantar fasciitis (http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=144) of the right foot, although he is expected to play. Also, Kailee Wong has a hamstring and might not play.

(Although the link itself doesn't indentify Mario's foot problem, the paper actually did.)

brewhaus
11-04-2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4309638.html

Mario has a case of plantar fasciitis (http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=144) of the right foot, although he is expected to play. Also, Kailee Wong has a hamstring and might not play.

(Although the link itself doesn't indentify Mario's foot problem, the paper actually did.)

I looked up plantar fasciitis on web m.d. this morning. I looks like it could be "really painful" !

opus74
11-04-2006, 11:16 AM
"really painful" doesn't cover it.
It's roughly the equivilent of a railroad spike being driven into the bottom of your foot with a new blow at every step. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
OK, maybe on Ray Ray but nobody else.

brewhaus
11-04-2006, 11:19 AM
"really painful" doesn't cover it.
It's roughly the equivilent of a railroad spike being driven into the bottom of your foot with a new blow at every step. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
OK, maybe on Ray Ray but nobody else.

Damn! I guess Mario is "one tough Hombré then , isn't he? That sounds like a serious distraction.

The Pencil Neck
11-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Damn! I guess Mario is "one tough Hombré then , isn't he? That sounds like a serious distraction.

It's either going to hurt so much that he can't run at all OR he's going to suck it up and just be pissed as hell when he gets there. I'm hoping for the latter.

brewhaus
11-04-2006, 11:26 AM
It's either going to hurt so much that he can't run at all OR he's going to suck it up and just be pissed as hell when he gets there. I'm hoping for the latter.

I like the sound of a pissed off Mario myself !

mexican_texan
11-04-2006, 11:41 AM
I think there's too much of a risk for Mario right now. IMO, he should have limited play and allow Kalu, Babin, and Peek to rush Eli.

Texas
11-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Of course thats what yall want :p...I say let him play...If it does start to hurt him tho then forget it...Let him sit the bench and rest so that he wont mess it up for another week...We have peek and babin and kalu...There fine pass rushers...

mexican_texan
11-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Of course thats what yall want :p...I say let him play...If it does start to hurt him tho then forget it...Let him sit the bench and rest so that he wont mess it up for another week...We have peek and babin and kalu...There fine pass rushers...
That's what I said...

run-david-run
11-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Tim Duncan had that for much of last season. Im pretty sure the only "cure" is extended rest, meaning he might not be 100% for the rest of the season

Tulip
11-05-2006, 11:33 AM
I saw coverage of Mario' injury on some local sports show late Friday.

Mario said that he would have to take some painkillers before the game, and the head trainer was talking about the special wraps that he's been using on Mario's foot.

I can't remember how long they said it would take to heal. Weeks? Months?

Sorry, I was half asleep when I watched it.

GiantsJunkie
11-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I saw coverage of Mario' injury on some local sports show late Friday.

Mario said that he would have to take some painkillers before the game, and the head trainer was talking about the special wraps that he's been using on Mario's foot.

I can't remember how long they said it would take to heal. Weeks? Months?

Sorry, I was half asleep when I watched it.

Yuck.

I couldn't even walk when I had this. It started in one foot, then I favored the other so much I started having trouble with that one. The only thing that helped me was staying off both feet for a couple weeks.