PDA

View Full Version : Hang in there

djready711
11-04-2006, 09:17 AM
What's going on guys? I just wanted to tell you that I admire all of you loyal fans of the Texans, win or lose, you always have to support your team. I have gone through many rough times with the Giants and have always supported them no matter what. The Texans are a young team, they have some pretty young guys and a new coach so it will take a little while. I think Andre Johnson is nasty, I've always been a big fan of his. My prediction for the game is 27-17 Giants. Oh yeah, I think the Giants are going to sweep the Cowboys this year if that makes you guys any happier.

brewhaus
11-04-2006, 09:21 AM
What's going on guys? I just wanted to tell you that I admire all of you loyal fans of the Texans, win or lose, you always have to support your team. I have gone through many rough times with the Giants and have always supported them no matter what. The Texans are a young team, they have some pretty young guys and a new coach so it will take a little while. I think Andre Johnson is nasty, I've always been a big fan of his. My prediction for the game is 27-17 Giants. Oh yeah, I think the Giants are going to sweep the Cowboys this year if that makes you guys any happier.

Yeah. Sweeping the Cowgirls will be sweet!!

WiiBrawler
11-04-2006, 09:51 AM
DJ, everything in your post is true, except for the game result:P, i think it will be 24-21 giants, you giants fans are so classy

djready711
11-04-2006, 10:11 AM
DJ, everything in your post is true, except for the game result:P, i think it will be 24-21 giants, you giants fans are so classy

Thanks man, you guys have alot of class too. Houston's a great city, one of my fondest memories happened in the Houston Airport. It was back when I was in the military and I was traveling back home to New York, I had a layover in Houston, and was wearing my Dress Blues. I was waiting on the people to get off the plane that I was about to board and George Foreman happened to be one of those people. He walked over to me because I was in uniform and shook my hand and told me he was proud of me. I was in shock, I couldn't believe I was actually shaking hands with one of the greatest boxers of all time. It happened a little over 9 years ago, back in late '97, and it's something that I'll never forget.

By the way, you're prediciton is quite possible, especially if Burress is unable to suit up.

bah007
11-04-2006, 11:52 AM
I think the Cowboys will beat down the Giants next time they play.

mike moffat
11-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks man, you guys have alot of class too. Houston's a great city, one of my fondest memories happened in the Houston Airport. It was back when I was in the military and I was traveling back home to New York, I had a layover in Houston, and was wearing my Dress Blues. I was waiting on the people to get off the plane that I was about to board and George Foreman happened to be one of those people. He walked over to me because I was in uniform and shook my hand and told me he was proud of me. I was in shock, I couldn't believe I was actually shaking hands with one of the greatest boxers of all time. It happened a little over 9 years ago, back in late '97, and it's something that I'll never forget.

By the way, you're prediciton is quite possible, especially if Burress is unable to suit up.

DJ..you're a classy guy. Welcome to our board anytime. You're story about George Foreman is great. I too, got to meet him. He is genuine. He does alot for kids in Houston. He has (or used to have) a boxing program for kids at risk. BTW, doesn't he have the largest hands that you have ever seen? George is the real deal. Always the Champ.

Texas
11-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I disagree I think the giants will sweep the cowboys...The giants are a very taleneted team that is about 1 player short of a Superbowl...

djready711
11-04-2006, 12:19 PM
DJ..you're a classy guy. Welcome to our board anytime. You're story about George Foreman is great. I too, got to meet him. He is genuine. He does alot for kids in Houston. He has (or used to have) a boxing program for kids at risk. BTW, doesn't he have the largest hands that you have ever seen? George is the real deal. Always the Champ.

Thanks bro. About George's hands, yeah he does, I was telling my family about that when I got home. I felt like a little kid when he shook my hand.

NYSportsfreak
11-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I disagree I think the giants will sweep the cowboys...The giants are a very taleneted team that is about 1 player short of a Superbowl...

What player is that?

Oh and bah, are you a Cowboys fan? You seem to be very fond of them, and Texans fans seem to hate them more than even Giants fans. Plus, out of that entire post you chose to reply to the Giants sweeping the Cowboys comment and in an agressive manner. You have to either be a Cowboys fan or a Giants hater since this thread was barely about the Cowboys and was mostly a classy thread regarding the Texans, yet you chose to focus on that one sentence in an agressive trash talking way.

bah007
11-04-2006, 01:27 PM
What player is that?

Oh and bah, are you a Cowboys fan? You seem to be very fond of them, and Texans fans seem to hate them more than even Giants fans. Plus, out of that entire post you chose to reply to the Giants sweeping the Cowboys comment and in an agressive manner. You have to either be a Cowboys fan or a Giants hater since this thread was barely about the Cowboys and was mostly a classy thread regarding the Texans, yet you chose to focus on that one sentence in an agressive trash talking way.

Whoa hold on there buddy!

I didnt know that I was being overly agressive for saying that I think the Cowboys will win the next game between the two.

Yes I am a huge Cowboys fan. They are my second favorite football team.

You seem to be the agressive trash talker here. One of the Giants fans stated that he thinks they will sweep the Cowboys. All I did was respond that I think the Cowboys will win the next.

Lay off the sugar, re-read my post, & then think straight before you go off on somebody for laying down a reasonable opinion.

NYSportsfreak
11-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Whoa hold on there buddy!

I didnt know that I was being overly agressive for saying that I think the Cowboys will win the next game between the two.

Yes I am a huge Cowboys fan. They are my second favorite football team.

You seem to be the agressive trash talker here. One of the Giants fans stated that he thinks they will sweep the Cowboys. All I did was respond that I think the Cowboys will win the next.

Lay off the sugar, re-read my post, & then think straight before you go off on somebody for laying down a reasonable opinion.

Wow a Texans and Cowboys fan. Are we sensitive much? Where was I being a trash talker? You said that the Cowboys will "beat down" the Giants, let's not pretend you said that the Cowboys will "beat" the Giants. There's a little difference there. This is the second post like that, the first one was just an opinion post about who will win the division so I didn't say anything, but this was a post where you took something that barely had to do with the thread which was in a classy way praising Texans fans and said that the Cowboys will "beat down" the Giants, which is trash talk from where I stand. Plus as I said it's not like the thread was about how the Giants will kick the crap out of the Cowboys the next time they play them it was just a throw away line at the end of a thread that was nothing but classy. So I said that you have to be a Cowboys fan or a Giants hater because only one such would take away only that one line from a classy thread such as this. BTW, don't mean to be a jerk but I just don't understand how someone can be a Cowboys and Texans fan. I guess it's like being a Giants and Jets fan, very inexplicable.

bah007
11-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow a Texans and Cowboys fan. Are we sensitive much? Where was I being a trash talker? You said that the Cowboys will "beat down" the Giants, let's not pretend you said that the Cowboys will "beat" the Giants. There's a little difference there. This is the second post like that, the first one was just an opinion post about who will win the division so I didn't say anything, but this was a post where you took something that barely had to do with the thread which was in a classy way praising Texans fans and said that the Cowboys will "beat down" the Giants, which is trash talk from where I stand. Plus as I said it's not like the thread was about how the Giants will kick the crap out of the Cowboys the next time they play them it was just a throw away line at the end of a thread that was nothing but classy. So I said that you have to be a Cowboys fan or a Giants hater because only one such would take away only that one line from a classy thread such as this. BTW, don't mean to be a jerk but I just don't understand how someone can be a Cowboys and Texans fan. I guess it's like being a Giants and Jets fan, very inexplicable.

First of all, I didnt know that I wrote "beat down". I apologize. I only meant to say that I think the Cowboys will win.

Second, I am allowed my opinion to say that I think the Cowboys will beat the Giants & that I think they will win the division.

Third, there are plenty of people who like the Texans AND the Cowboys. I understand that it is very easy to hate the Cowboys, a lot of people in Houston do.

But I grew up watching the Cowboys. I have lived in or around Houston my whole life & have always liked the Oilers and Texans also.

You dont have to bash somebody just because they like all the teams in their state. I am a pure-bread Texan and I have a lot of pride in my state. I dont understand why you have to hate on somebody just because they have 2 favorite teams.

GuerillaBlack
11-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, the Cowboys and Texans are in different conferences, so why not root for both? Let's get a Texas Superbowl.

Roughnecks
11-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Am I on the Cowgirls message board or is this a twilight zone moment.J/K

NYSportsfreak
11-04-2006, 02:43 PM
First of all, I didnt know that I wrote "beat down". I apologize. I only meant to say that I think the Cowboys will win.

Second, I am allowed my opinion to say that I think the Cowboys will beat the Giants & that I think they will win the division.

Third, there are plenty of people who like the Texans AND the Cowboys. I understand that it is very easy to hate the Cowboys, a lot of people in Houston do.

But I grew up watching the Cowboys. I have lived in or around Houston my whole life & have always liked the Oilers and Texans also.

You dont have to bash somebody just because they like all the teams in their state. I am a pure-bread Texan and I have a lot of pride in my state. I dont understand why you have to hate on somebody just because they have 2 favorite teams.

I never said I hated you and I wasn't bashing you, I just said it's inexplicable. I just don't understand it. I don't understand Giants/Jets fans either. I tell them that too. To me it was always natural to like one team and hate the other team that's near it even if it's a different conference. I'm not a baseball fan but I know that Mets fans hate Yankees fans and a lot of Jets fans don't like Giants fans and vice versa. Not hating, I just don't understand it, especially since almost all the fans here hate the Cowboys. Didn't mean to sound harsh, sorry.

Edit: That said, Texas is a pretty big state, I'd think that Houston is pretty far away from Dallas. I couldn't care less about the Bills, since they're a while away from NYC and aren't in the same conference. My dislike for a team that's close goes to the Jets that are in the same stadium. But most people here hate Dallas so I assumed that it was like the Jets/Giants.

bah007
11-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I never said I hated you and I wasn't bashing you, I just said it's inexplicable. I just don't understand it. I don't understand Giants/Jets fans either. I tell them that too. To me it was always natural to like one team and hate the other team that's near it even if it's a different conference. I'm not a baseball fan but I know that Mets fans hate Yankees fans and a lot of Jets fans don't like Giants fans and vice versa. Not hating, I just don't understand it, especially since almost all the fans here hate the Cowboys. Didn't mean to sound harsh, sorry.

Edit: That said, Texas is a pretty big state, I'd think that Houston is pretty far away from Dallas. I couldn't care less about the Bills, since they're a while away from NYC and aren't in the same conference. My dislike for a team that's close goes to the Jets that are in the same stadium. But most people here hate Dallas so I assumed that it was like the Jets/Giants.

If you wanna love the Giants & hate the Jets, then go for it.

But the Texans & the Cowboys dont play in the same stadium. So I dont have the same problems that you do. In fact, the Saints are not much farther away from the Texans than the Cowboys are.

I will continue my ways and cheer for both the Texans and the Cowboys.

NYSportsfreak
11-04-2006, 04:09 PM
If you wanna love the Giants & hate the Jets, then go for it.

But the Texans & the Cowboys dont play in the same stadium. So I dont have the same problems that you do. In fact, the Saints are not much farther away from the Texans than the Cowboys are.

I will continue my ways and cheer for both the Texans and the Cowboys.

How dare you! ;) I'm kidding. No one's stopping you.

bah007
11-04-2006, 04:23 PM

If it is any consolation, I hope the Giants beat down the Eagles.

The Pencil Neck
11-04-2006, 04:27 PM

Someone should, though, it's against the laws of nature.

NYSportsfreak
11-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Someone should, though, it's against the laws of nature.

haha. Did you live in Houston before Dallas? Because otherwise, Cowboys fans might say the same thing to you, lol.

The Pencil Neck
11-04-2006, 07:53 PM
haha. Did you live in Houston before Dallas? Because otherwise, Cowboys fans might say the same thing to you, lol.

I grew up in Houston and my family is still there. After graduating from UH, I moved to Phoenix, LA, Glendale (CA), Burbank, Aliso Viejo (CA), Dallas, Yardley (PA), Calabasas (CA), and back to Dallas. The Houston teams are my teams and I still consider Houston my hometown.

And, yes, 3 weeks ago, I was at the Cowboy game in the stadium wearing my Domanick Davis jersey and cheering my team. :)

Damn, Cowgirls.

NYSportsfreak
11-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I grew up in Houston and my family is still there. After graduating from UH, I moved to Phoenix, LA, Glendale (CA), Burbank, Aliso Viejo (CA), Dallas, Yardley (PA), Calabasas (CA), and back to Dallas. The Houston teams are my teams and I still consider Houston my hometown.

And, yes, 3 weeks ago, I was at the Cowboy game in the stadium wearing my Domanick Davis jersey and cheering my team. :)

Damn, Cowgirls.

I'm curious, how does Houston and Dallas differ? I know that Houston is a bigger city, 4th largest population-wise in the USA, I believe. Also I think it's south of Dallas. I don't know much more. I wonder if Houston is as different from Dallas as NYC is from Buffalo (and I don't even know much about Buffalo).

GuerillaBlack
11-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm curious, how does Houston and Dallas differ? I know that Houston is a bigger city, 4th largest population-wise in the USA, I believe. Also I think it's south of Dallas. I don't know much more. I wonder if Houston is as different from Dallas as NYC is from Buffalo (and I don't even know much about Buffalo).

Houston is a better overall city (to me) than Dallas. Dallas has a bigger metro, but Houston feels more like a bigg city (with Uptown, TMC). Check out this Houston skyline shot:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9201/thegreathoustonpanobb1.jpg

NYSportsfreak
11-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Cool, nice to see. I'm always curious about stuff like that. I live in my NYC which is bigger than anything you'll see and I'm curious about other cities. Chicago is a city that's very similar to NYC, but otherwise NYC is pretty unique in its size and stuff like that.

GuerillaBlack
11-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Bigger than anytinhg I will see?

NYSportsfreak
11-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Bigger than anytinhg I will see?

What do you mean? You're going to the game? The game btw is in NJ so it won't be in NYC. Manhattan is large building after large building for the most part, not only downtown. Then there's also the 4 other boroughs. The area size is actually bigger for LA, I believe, population is definately NY. But I've never been to LA. Chicago is similar just from the downtown I've been to and skyscrapers. In size I took the look into account, building size, and stuff like that. Although most downtowns are big too. I actually live in Brooklyn and thus don't know as much about Manhattan as a lot of people, but I attend college. It was a big transition for me the first year of college. I had a big headache from all the traffic, the people and the compactness, plus as I said large buildings. If you want a lot of attractions, Manahattan is your place. I always wanted to visit Texas, LA, places like that. The cold in NY is really annoying, I like the warm weather although I've never lived in a warm weather place in my life.

Ole Miss Texan
11-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Great picture of this city.

I'm a big fan of Eli and have enjoyed watching him progress as a player and leader of y'alls offense. He was a (maybe the one) bright spot of ole miss' team a few years ago. I'll be rooting for him to do well on Sunday (he's also on my fantasy team) but I hope it's a close game.

Good luck and go texans!

NYSportsfreak
11-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Great picture of this city.

I'm a big fan of Eli and have enjoyed watching him progress as a player and leader of y'alls offense. He was a (maybe the one) bright spot of ole miss' team a few years ago. I'll be rooting for him to do well on Sunday (he's also on my fantasy team) but I hope it's a close game.

Good luck and go texans!

Thanks. There was a poll about who'll be the best QB out of Eli, Big Ben, and Rivers, and Miss. had a higher percentage of votes than NY, lol. You guys stick by former Ole Miss player.

GuerillaBlack
11-04-2006, 10:14 PM
What do you mean? You're going to the game? The game btw is in NJ so it won't be in NYC. Manhattan is large building after large building for the most part, not only downtown. Then there's also the 4 other boroughs. The area size is actually bigger for LA, I believe, population is definately NY. But I've never been to LA. Chicago is similar just from the downtown I've been to and skyscrapers. In size I took the look into account, building size, and stuff like that. Although most downtowns are big too. I actually live in Brooklyn and thus don't know as much about Manhattan as a lot of people, but I attend college. It was a big transition for me the first year of college. I had a big headache from all the traffic, the people and the compactness, plus as I said large buildings. If you want a lot of attractions, Manahattan is your place. I always wanted to visit Texas, LA, places like that. The cold in NY is really annoying, I like the warm weather although I've never lived in a warm weather place in my life.

Yeah I have been to NYC before. LA is only about a couple million smaller (metro wise), but it is denser (metro wise again). I always admire NYC when I go up there to visit family in Newark (close enough to be in NYC).

Roughnecks
11-04-2006, 10:58 PM
What do you mean? The cold in NY is really annoying, I like the warm weather although I've never lived in a warm weather place in my life.

It is a different kinda heat down here try coming during the Summer you would love it. You might be able to catch a Texas size mosquito to take you home they bite like dogs.

stingray
11-04-2006, 11:06 PM
You can't like both. Just like you can't like the Spurs and the Rockets. I always thought that those type of fans are fairweather fans. It's like being married, stick to one until you divorce them!!!!!

rafterticket
11-04-2006, 11:51 PM
What's going on guys? I just wanted to tell you that I admire all of you loyal fans of the Texans, win or lose, you always have to support your team.

Thanks for coming by our board. You're all right. As for tomorrow.....it is what it is. Your team is playing some really good football, and we are hoping to do the same soon. It's great to see you have an appreciation for Andre, but with Kubiak as the coach, and the fantastic job he did with his first draft we have to believe we can really compete soon. We've GOT to have the best rookie class in the NFL this year, and it makes many people here optimistic for the future.

Beyond tomorrow, best wishes for your team. Oh, and Michael Strahan has got to be one of the most positive role models in the league, too. Just hoping he still doesn't do in our QB, but I'd be really happy with an upset.

NYSportsfreak
11-05-2006, 12:19 AM
You can't like both. Just like you can't like the Spurs and the Rockets. I always thought that those type of fans are fairweather fans. It's like being married, stick to one until you divorce them!!!!!

Well since this is not my board I didn't want to say that. But generally I find it that fans that like the Jets and Giants aren't big football fans and are more fans of NYC and watch an occasional football game or just look at the score and smile when the team wins (like I do with the Mets since I hate baseball but want a NY team that most of my friends root for do well, so I look at the ESPN ticker and smile when they win). I honestly don't know how it is with Dallas/Houston since they're not the same city. Plus I'm not saying that anyone here is like that.

NYSportsfreak
11-05-2006, 12:21 AM
BTW, I've always wondered something. When a team moves to another city (e.g. Oilers from Houston to Nashville), do fans at least at one point root for the team in the other city or do they hold a grudge? Did you guys root for the Titans until the Texans came along?

Roughnecks
11-05-2006, 12:34 AM
To be honest I stop watching the NFL and watched mostly college. I became ill when they went to the Super Bowl and their owner is just scum. As for Dallas I was raised to hate Dallas and to be honest with you where I lived there was not a lot of Cowgirl fans around untill Dallas started winning rings not saying that the ones who do like them did that but I knew alot people who did do it. Jump on the bandwagon and try and tell me they grew up Dallas fans when you would not hear them say anything about them till they started winning.

bah007
11-05-2006, 12:41 AM
To be honest I stop watching the NFL and watched mostly college. I became ill when they went to the Super Bowl and their owner is just scum. As for Dallas I was raised to hate Dallas and to be honest with you where I lived there was not a lot of Cowgirl fans around untill Dallas started winning rings not saying that the ones who do like them did that but I knew alot people who did do it. Jump on the bandwagon and try and tell me they grew up Dallas fans when you would not hear them say anything about them till they started winning.

I know I am a true Cowboys fan cuz I was still here during the Quincy Carter era.

I know I am a true Texans fan cuz I was rooting for them when they played Dallas.

If you think that a lot of fans dont just jump from bandwagon to bandwagon then you are kidding yourself.

I see where you are coming from cuz Dallas popularity didnt explode til the good ol' days with Aikman, Smith, & Irvin.

I have always realized that most people hate the Cowboys the way they hate the Yankees but I have always felt that most of this is because they are the most successful franchise in pro football (although Jerry Jones doesnt help my cause).

Roughnecks
11-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Hey I hear you one of my friends grew up a Cowgirl fan hated the Oilers he was true, and since we got a team he follows the Texans even likes them but rather watch Dallas play and catch the Texans score on FSN nothing against you I do not know you, you possibly are a true Cowgirl and Texan fan I'm going off what I grew up around.

TheOgre
11-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Well, the Cowboys and Texans are in different conferences, so why not root for both? Let's get a Texas Superbowl.

Because we live in Houston, not Dallas.

Personally I like it when the Cowboys are floating around 8-10 wins and they give their fans false hope. Kind of like this season....