PDA

View Full Version : D-Roy (DeMeco Ryans)

HOU-TEX
11-03-2006, 11:28 AM
This is a nice little plug for D-Ryans for DROY. He and Owen have stood up to the challenge of being a rookie in the NFL and I'm loving every minute of it. Now, if we could get the rest of the Texans to do the same...consistantly. Congrats to the future of the Texans D.:redtowel:

*Defensive Rookie of the Year -- Texans LB DeMeco Ryans : Funny how the Texans passed up Bush, Vince Young and Matt Leinart for a defensive player, and Houston's most impressive defensive rookie has been second-round pick DeMeco Ryans. He piles up tackles and is on his way to piling up post-season awards as well

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9773700

michaelm
11-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Good find, and it's good to see some positive press for the team.

eriadoc
11-03-2006, 11:50 AM
It's nice to see Ryans getting pub. I think Ernie Sims is still right there with him, as far as numbers go, but I haven't seen him play. The ROY voters seem to like LBs as the position to win it lately. Which LB position does Sims play?

Go Demeco!

HOU-TEX
11-03-2006, 11:58 AM
It's nice to see Ryans getting pub. I think Ernie Sims is still right there with him, as far as numbers go, but I haven't seen him play. The ROY voters seem to like LBs as the position to win it lately. Which LB position does Sims play?

Go Demeco!

I think WLB

TexanTider
11-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Demeco will win it. Being an Alabama fan I watched every game he played in college, and he tends to turn it up a notch in the second half of the season.

eriadoc
11-03-2006, 12:16 PM
I think the voters tend to put a little more weight on the MLB position, but that could just be my perception.

Double Barrel
11-03-2006, 12:50 PM
All 32 teams passed on him in the first round, and I'd imagine that a good portion of them are regretting their decisions.

This has been, by far, the best Texans draft to date. Amazing what a proactive head coach with fire and vision will do for a team.

Texas
11-03-2006, 12:56 PM
And to think some of you were ridiculing him when the pick was made...Shame on you! This guy will turn it up even more and grab the rookie of the year defensively giving the texans there first award lol...!

nunusguy
11-03-2006, 01:19 PM
DeMeco and the Texans will play twice this year in the NYC market. This
weekend against the Giants and later in the year they travel to NY again
to play the Jets. So those 2 games, in front of the omnipotent NY media,
will go a very long ways to the young Alabamian winning (or losing) the
D-ROY award.

TexansLucky13
11-03-2006, 01:27 PM
It's just like I told him when I shook his hand at the All-Access event this summer.....

"Picking you up was the best decision we made this offseason."

I also agree with DB on this one. This has been by far the best draft to date for the Texans and it very well may be one of the best drafts in the NFL for 2006.

As far as the first pick goes.... well, Mario has definitely been more productive than Reggie "Butterfingers" Bush. How many times have their opponents scored off of his turnovers? Not to mention the fact that Mario made a play that won us the Dolphins game.....

Texans Horror
11-03-2006, 01:53 PM
What's that called when you insult somebody but at first it sounds like a complement?

noxiousdog
11-03-2006, 02:07 PM
What's that called when you insult somebody but at first it sounds like a complement?

backhanded compliment.

mexican_texan
11-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Ernie Sims is trailing DeMeco Ryans in solo tackles by 10+, but leading D-Wreck in assisted tackles by 8, IIRC. I have both in one of my FF teams. :)

Maddict5
11-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Funny how the Texans passed up Bush, Vince Young and Matt Leinart for a defensive player, and Houston's most impressive defensive rookie has been second-round pick DeMeco Ryans. He piles up tackles and is on his way to piling up postseason awards as well

hmmm..when marques colston wins OROTY, do you think people will say:'Funny how the Saints picked Reggie Bush, but their most impressive offensive rookie has been seventh-round pick Marques Colston. He piles up tds and is on his way to piling up postseason awards as well