PDA

View Full Version : Preview of the New York Giants

TexansAllTheWayBaby
11-01-2006, 06:29 PM
The next opponent for our Houston Texans is the New York Giants. Our Texans will travel up the Empire State Sunday to do battle with the 5-2 Giants.

The Giants obviously have just a tremendous team this year, and are one of the leauge's best. The following is a preview I have constructed of the New York Giants...

Starting with the offense, The Giants are led by QB Eli Manning. Eli Manning, brother of the great Peyton, is now in his 3rd season as a pro so is a very young player, but has already prooven himself leading the Giants to a playoff berth last season. This season, Eli is doing very well, having thrown for 1672 yards and tossing 14 touchdowns. He can certainly make plays with that rocket, young arm of his.

The Giants backfield is led by Tiki Barber, for now. He has said he will retire after this season, so he will obviously want to make each run in his last season a big one. In other words, he is a little extra motivated in my mind. Thus far, on 155 touches, he has 715 yards, an average of over 4 yards per touch. Tiki is a pro, a team player and always comes to the game prepared. His speed is most likely his best attribute.

Tiki Barber does not have any touchdowns recorded yet, although I'm sure he will have his hare before seasons end, but so far it's all been Barber's partner in this backfield, Brandon Jacobs. This is only Jacob's second year, and his big size makes him a great goal line-type running back. He has 4 touchdowns already, but the Giants are using him in more than just goal line situation this year, his 258 yards and 51 touches proove that. This Giants run game is on of the best in the business at this point I think.

In terms of the New York Giants Recievers, Plexico Burress and Amani Toomer are the main men. Plexico Burress has 510 reception yards and 5 Touchdowns stemming from those yeards. These are great number, Plexico is a great reciever. He has great speed down field.

Amani Toomer is a smarter reciever, and he has some pretty good numbers. He has 30 receptions for 344 yards, and 3 Touchdowns. His is another big threat in the Giants passing game.

One name that is always brought up when speaking of the Giants offense, is yes, you guessed it, Jermey Shockey. Shockey is a great Tight End in the leauge, no doubt. He is averaging just over 10 yards per reception and has 4 Touchdowns. Obviously great numbers for a tight end. His size looks to be his focal point.

The Giants offensive line is not featuring superstars, but solid players who can get the job done. The two best players on their O-Line look to be Right Tackle Kareem McKenzie and Tackle Luke Petigouit. Inside, the line is led by Shaun O'Hara, David Diehl and Chris Snee. This offensive line overall, is pretty strong and rather effective, though not the best.

Defensively for the New York football Giants, they are led by the great Micheal Strahan. He's a great player, likely a future hall of famer, and gets the job done. Strahan already has 24 tackles and 3 sacks this season. Strahan's biggest assest appears to be his speed as he does a ton of pass rushing.

Another key player on this Giants D is Osi Umenyiora. He's a very built guy with alot of size from what I read, he pass rushes alot like Strahan, and currently leads the defense in sacks with 5. Umenyiora also has recored 16 total tackles thus far this season.

Other Defensive Ends for the Giants Defense that are productive at times include Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka. Tuck has 6 tackles so far, Kiwanuka 10 and has a sack.

Inside for this Giants defense features players Fred Robbins, Barry Cofield and William Joseph. Robbins is an experienced veteran for the Giants defense inside, is ranked second on this defense in sacks with 3.5, and has recovered a fumble. Barry Coefield is young and still learning, but he is productive with already 14 tackles. As for William Joseph, he has the least amount of tackles of the three, with only 2 but has recorded a sack. Overall, this inside man rotation with Robbins, Cofeild and Joseph features strength as its main attribute.

In terms of the linebacker position for the Giants, they are now led by Antonio Pearce. Pearce leads the defense in tackles this season, with 42. Pearce also has an interception. His best attribute may be the all important awarness. Other supporting linebackers for the Giants include Carlos Emmons, Reggie Torbor and Gerris Wilkinson.

At the Cornerback position, it features 10 year veteran from Miami Sam Madison. Madison has recovered a fumble and recorded 22 tackles so far and 2 interceptions, tying the team high so far this season, and his strong point appears to be his experience, as his other qualities may have been somewhat diminished over the years with some nicks and bruises. On the other side at the cornerback position for the Giants is the young Corey Webster. He's young and very athletic with plenty of speed. Webster has also picked off a pass already this season and recored a sack along with 26 tackles. The nickelback is RW McQuarters, and he can make some plays to say the least, he's intercepted 2 balls this season and returned one for a Touchdown.

In terms of the safeties, Gibril Wilson and Will Demps are the men back their. Both are up and coming players in this league and very producitve. Wilson has 31 tackles and Demps has 19 and a fumble recovery. Both players tend to be aggresive.

Briefly on Special Teams for the Giants, kicker Jay Feely is thus far this season is perfect on attempts 39 yards and closer, but 2/4 from attempts between 40-49 yards out, so he seems to be rather incosistent on the big ones.

Giants Punter Jeff Feagles has pinned 10 punts inside the 20 for the Giants this season, his longest punt is 54 yards and Feagles' averages 41.5 yards per punt.

This Giants team is very tough, and it will make it that much tougher traveling into their house Sunday in the Meadowlands, one of the toughest places to play in the NFL. I obviously have alot of respect for this team, they seem to just get the job done week in and week out.

This will be a very big challenge for our Houston Texans this week, and I'm looking foward to it, as with every challenge there is an oppurtunity.

My ''Keys to Success vs. Giants'' post will be posted tomorrow (Thursday), so watch for that please.

Let's get to work in preparing for these guys,
GO TEXANS:redtowel:

NYSportsfreak
11-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Osi probably won't play. Kiwi, is pretty good too, but Osi is definately better at this point in their respective careers, especially against the run. Although I think that Kiwi will be a beast in the future, since he's only a rookie and now and is a lot further along than Osi was in his rookie year.

Also Madison may be out, he was out against the Bucs. And I wouldn't say that Webster is incredibly fast (I know you didn't use the word incredibly), that's one weakness of the secondary, cornerback speed. I personally feel that even with Madison it's the weakest part of the team.

NYSportsfreak
11-01-2006, 06:44 PM
BTW, one interesting thing that you didn't mention about Robbins is that he leads the team in INTs with 2. That's from the strange but true department. He's tied with Madison and McQuarter, I don't believe anyone else.

NYSportsfreak
11-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Another thing Shockey is really not having a very good year. He started the season injured, maybe he still hasn't recovered, but whatever the problem is now whether injuries or whatever either he can't get open or Eli just isn't throwing it to him. Shockey had a great year last year, so this is a surprise.

NYSportsfreak
11-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Damn, 4 posts. That's what I got for not reading the entire thing before posting, lol. Anyway I think most people consider Chris Snee to be the best player on the O-line. The inside of our line may be better than the outside.

And final thing is that the Giants might have Brandon Short starting, but he was injured last week, so I don't know. Just saying his name since you didn't mention him.

LT-CE56
11-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Great post.

Let me add.

Eli has shown both sides at times. If Huff (O.C.) allows the game to come to Eli and not force feed him the game early, he does great. If he is force fed, he makes mistakes. Eli is at his best when the game is fast and he cannot think.

Tiki. He does all the work and gets none of the accalaids. He is a threat in the run as well as the pass. He is currently 3rd in yards from scrimmage. He will eventually move into first. Tiki also picks up blitzes as good or better then any running back in the league. He is tough not to like. You will see him patting defenders on the hat and lending them a hand to help them up. I think he does it for his advantage but who knows...maybe he is just a ncie guy.

Jacobs is used when the D is tired and on the goal line. He also spells Tiki now and then. He like contact and looks for players to run over. His truck list is ALL of Dallas's Defense, most Tampa, a decent portion of the Eagles and just because I know you will love it - a special shout to the trucked over - Roy-boy Williams. His horse collar cannot work when he is laying flat on his back. He is fun to watch. He does get stupid penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct.

The receivers are good. Plax became a team player and works with Eli now. He uses his height to his advanatge (6'5") and makes spectacular catches. The wat he holds the balls scares me. Toomer uses his patterns to get open. He has no fear of the middle or getting hit. He is the constant pro.

Shock has the droppsies right now but he has come up big in the endzone lately. He better then the way he has played. I think he will be big this game.

D - You will be seing Rookie 'Nuka. He is fast and another speed rusher. Jury is out how he does against the run. Stray is Stray. he sacks QBs...a lot. Coefield is suprising everybody and Robbins is a Def. back!! He has 2 interceptions this year :) Seriously he is SOLID up the middle. He gets sacks, pressure and stuffs the run.

In the middle is Pierce and you will see him pointing and moving players. He is like Peyton Manning on defense. Constantly moving players around and yelling and screaming. It is funny to watch but it is because he watches A LOT of video and knows tendencies and formations.

Our secondary is ????????? It really depends on if the QB is standing or not. Our front 4 (7) tends to bring a lot of pressure making our secondary look better. They are decent right now but the jury is still out.

YankeeeSgt
11-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Hello all...Jersey fan Giant visitor here.

Just wanted to remind you to not go to NY to see the game, because they will be playing in NJ. It's about a 8 mile :mario:

I hope your right side of the defensive line plays well, cause we are a off left side running team.
Anyway, I am hopeing for no injurys to either team.

TEXANS84
11-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Hello all...Jersey fan Giant visitor here.

Just wanted to remind you to not go to NY to see the game, because they will be playing in NJ. It's about a 8 mile :mario:

I have a friend who lives in Brooklyn and says he only cheers for the Bills because it's New Yorks team...not like the "New Jersey Giants/Jets".

I always thought that was funny. Anyways...carry on.

NYSportsfreak
11-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I have a friend who lives in Brooklyn and says he only cheers for the Bills because it's New Yorks team...not like the "New Jersey Giants/Jets".

No offense but your friend isn't too bright. NJ is just across the river. Buffalo is like 8 hours away (not sure exactly how much but between 7 and 9 somewhere). Who cares what state it is? NY is a pretty large state.

SoCalSuperEagle
11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Even though the Giants are heavily favored over the Texans on Sunday, I really hope that David Carr will have a huge day & lead the Texans to a huge upset victory in this game. I don't want the Eagles to fall further behind the Giants in the NFC East.

Texan_Bill
11-02-2006, 03:26 PM
No offense but your friend isn't too bright. NJ is just across the river. Buffalo is like 8 hours away (not sure exactly how much but between 7 and 9 somewhere). Who cares what state it is? NY is a pretty large state.

Good point, afterall we are stuck with cowgurls, even though they are really Oklahoma's team....

Hookem Horns
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM

He is just an i d i o t Bills fans. Buffalo is practically in Canada. Giants Stadium sits in the shadow of the New York City skyline. You can almost throw a rock to it from Brooklyn. True, there are some New Yorkers that don't like the fact that the stadium is technically in the state of New Jersey, but it is all about economics. Both teams Giants/Jets represent the entire NYC metro area which includes north Jersey.

I lived in Albany, New York (the capital of NY State) and both the Giants/Jets were considered the home teams up there. Buffalo was that "other" team that would be put on the tube if it didn't conflict with the Jets or Giants. I always rooted for both teams when they weren't playing the Oilers, more so the Giants.

GiantsJunkie
11-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Even though the Giants are heavily favored over the Texans on Sunday, I really hope that David Carr will have a huge day & lead the Texans to a huge upset victory in this game. I don't want the Eagles to fall further behind the Giants in the NFC East.

I hope the Eagles lose the rest of their games and are asked to leave the NFC East. Should have happened after last year.

Peace to the Texans fans...none to the Eagles'.

NYSportsfreak
11-02-2006, 06:14 PM
I hope the Eagles lose the rest of their games and are asked to leave the NFC East. Should have happened after last year.

Peace to the Texans fans...none to the Eagles'.

LMAO!

NYSportsfreak
11-02-2006, 06:22 PM
He is just an i d i o t Bills fans. Buffalo is practically in Canada. Giants Stadium sits in the shadow of the New York City skyline. You can almost throw a rock to it from Brooklyn. True, there are some New Yorkers that don't like the fact that the stadium is technically in the state of New Jersey, but it is all about economics. Both teams Giants/Jets represent the entire NYC metro area which includes north Jersey.

I lived in Albany, New York (the capital of NY State) and both the Giants/Jets were considered the home teams up there. Buffalo was that "other" team that would be put on the tube if it didn't conflict with the Jets or Giants. I always rooted for both teams when they weren't playing the Oilers, more so the Giants.

It's not even Quebec Canada, it's closer to Niagara Falls, Ontario. It's Western NY, which is even further than Northern NY, and NYC is the southernmost tip.

P.S. Speaking of ironies, the second that I wrote that it's not even Quebec, there was a question about Quebec on Jeopardy. You can't make this stuff up.

TeaMan21
11-02-2006, 07:53 PM
BTW, one interesting thing that you didn't mention about Robbins is that he leads the team in INTs with 2. That's from the strange but true department. He's tied with Madison and McQuarter, I don't believe anyone else.

Hi, Giants Fan here,
Freddy 'Fast Feet' Robbins -as Strahan called him, has been one of the great surprises this year. Going into the season we looked weak at DT and Robbins was not playing well, at one time he was taking reps with the third team in preseason. But he woke up and he's been awesome this year. A beast against the run, great penetration to pressure the QB and 2 INTS. the second one was a heads up play on a blown screen, but the first was a spectacular diving, one-hander which would make a CB proud. Make no mistake FR is a beast!

Anyway, Looking forward to a good game.

TeaMan21
11-02-2006, 08:42 PM
The next opponent for our Houston Texans is the New York Giants. Our Texans will travel up the Empire State Sunday to do battle with the 5-2 Giants.

The Giants obviously have just a tremendous team this year, and are one of the leauge's best. The following is a preview I have constructed of the New York Giants...

Starting with the offense, The Giants are led by QB Eli Manning. Eli Manning, brother of the great Peyton, is now in his 3rd season as a pro so is a very young player, but has already prooven himself leading the Giants to a playoff berth last season. This season, Eli is doing very well, having thrown for 1672 yards and tossing 14 touchdowns. He can certainly make plays with that rocket, young arm of his.

The Giants backfield is led by Tiki Barber, for now. He has said he will retire after this season, so he will obviously want to make each run in his last season a big one. In other words, he is a little extra motivated in my mind. Thus far, on 155 touches, he has 715 yards, an average of over 4 yards per touch. Tiki is a pro, a team player and always comes to the game prepared. His speed is most likely his best attribute.

Tiki Barber does not have any touchdowns recorded yet, although I'm sure he will have his hare before seasons end, but so far it's all been Barber's partner in this backfield, Brandon Jacobs. This is only Jacob's second year, and his big size makes him a great goal line-type running back. He has 4 touchdowns already, but the Giants are using him in more than just goal line situation this year, his 258 yards and 51 touches proove that. This Giants run game is on of the best in the business at this point I think.

In terms of the New York Giants Recievers, Plexico Burress and Amani Toomer are the main men. Plexico Burress has 510 reception yards and 5 Touchdowns stemming from those yeards. These are great number, Plexico is a great reciever. He has great speed down field.

Amani Toomer is a smarter reciever, and he has some pretty good numbers. He has 30 receptions for 344 yards, and 3 Touchdowns. His is another big threat in the Giants passing game.

One name that is always brought up when speaking of the Giants offense, is yes, you guessed it, Jermey Shockey. Shockey is a great Tight End in the leauge, no doubt. He is averaging just over 10 yards per reception and has 4 Touchdowns. Obviously great numbers for a tight end. His size looks to be his focal point.

The Giants offensive line is not featuring superstars, but solid players who can get the job done. The two best players on their O-Line look to be Right Tackle Kareem McKenzie and Tackle Luke Petigouit. Inside, the line is led by Shaun O'Hara, David Diehl and Chris Snee. This offensive line overall, is pretty strong and rather effective, though not the best.

Defensively for the New York football Giants, they are led by the great Micheal Strahan. He's a great player, likely a future hall of famer, and gets the job done. Strahan already has 24 tackles and 3 sacks this season. Strahan's biggest assest appears to be his speed as he does a ton of pass rushing.

Another key player on this Giants D is Osi Umenyiora. He's a very built guy with alot of size from what I read, he pass rushes alot like Strahan, and currently leads the defense in sacks with 5. Umenyiora also has recored 16 total tackles thus far this season.

Other Defensive Ends for the Giants Defense that are productive at times include Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka. Tuck has 6 tackles so far, Kiwanuka 10 and has a sack.

Inside for this Giants defense features players Fred Robbins, Barry Cofield and William Joseph. Robbins is an experienced veteran for the Giants defense inside, is ranked second on this defense in sacks with 3.5, and has recovered a fumble. Barry Coefield is young and still learning, but he is productive with already 14 tackles. As for William Joseph, he has the least amount of tackles of the three, with only 2 but has recorded a sack. Overall, this inside man rotation with Robbins, Cofeild and Joseph features strength as its main attribute.

In terms of the linebacker position for the Giants, they are now led by Antonio Pearce. Pearce leads the defense in tackles this season, with 42. Pearce also has an interception. His best attribute may be the all important awarness. Other supporting linebackers for the Giants include Carlos Emmons, Reggie Torbor and Gerris Wilkinson.

At the Cornerback position, it features 10 year veteran from Miami Sam Madison. Madison has recovered a fumble and recorded 22 tackles so far and 2 interceptions, tying the team high so far this season, and his strong point appears to be his experience, as his other qualities may have been somewhat diminished over the years with some nicks and bruises. On the other side at the cornerback position for the Giants is the young Corey Webster. He's young and very athletic with plenty of speed. Webster has also picked off a pass already this season and recored a sack along with 26 tackles. The nickelback is RW McQuarters, and he can make some plays to say the least, he's intercepted 2 balls this season and returned one for a Touchdown.

In terms of the safeties, Gibril Wilson and Will Demps are the men back their. Both are up and coming players in this league and very producitve. Wilson has 31 tackles and Demps has 19 and a fumble recovery. Both players tend to be aggresive.

Briefly on Special Teams for the Giants, kicker Jay Feely is thus far this season is perfect on attempts 39 yards and closer, but 2/4 from attempts between 40-49 yards out, so he seems to be rather incosistent on the big ones.

Giants Punter Jeff Feagles has pinned 10 punts inside the 20 for the Giants this season, his longest punt is 54 yards and Feagles' averages 41.5 yards per punt.

This Giants team is very tough, and it will make it that much tougher traveling into their house Sunday in the Meadowlands, one of the toughest places to play in the NFL. I obviously have alot of respect for this team, they seem to just get the job done week in and week out.

This will be a very big challenge for our Houston Texans this week, and I'm looking foward to it, as with every challenge there is an oppurtunity.

My ''Keys to Success vs. Giants'' post will be posted tomorrow (Thursday), so watch for that please.

Let's get to work in preparing for these guys,
GO TEXANS:redtowel:

Good Post man, well researched, I wanted to give you guys how I see it as a Giants fan.
Here's my rundown of the Giants.

Eli Manning. Eli has come on a lot in the last year, he studies hard and works hard. He has a big arm, and he's really grown as a leader. The kid can play. He's great under pressure, see his comeback against the Eagles, but he can make some bad decisions and every now and again he'll throw a really inexplicable pass into coverage. Your best bet is to get to him early. cos once he settles down he, can beat anyone.
Running Backs. Tiki is Tiki. He's the best. Bill Parcells called him 'one of the top 5 players in the NFL. Period. Andy Reid said playing Tiki you have to prepare for 3 players, runner, receiver and blocker. He probably won't make the HOF but he should. He's led the league in total yards 2 years straight, he put up 185 and 114 yds against the top 2 rushing defenses in the league (Falcons, Cowboys). He's Pretty fast and he's deceptively powerful for a small guy. He's the best. You'll see. Oh, and yeah, he is a really nice guy!
His back up is what Ron Dayne was supposed to be and more Brandon Jacobs is developing fast. He's a giant beast of a man, he comes in on short yardage/goal line mostly but he can run too and they'll use him to spell tiki, particularly later when the defense is tired. it takes more than 1 person to bring him down.

WRs - Plaxico Burress is tall and Athletic and having a good year, Toomer's a class act all round, big and tough and real big-play ability. for speed Tim Carter is seriously fast but doesn't have the best hands and it's only a matter of time before he gets hurt again.

SHOCKEY! OK, he's the best known player on the Offense. At his best he's a game changer he's not been his best this year but watch out, he has a knack of making big plays when it really counts... he does drop a few too many balls though.

O-Line. Solid and under-rated this group is doing a good job of protecting Eli and are GREAT at run blocking. The best player IMO is Chris Snee, but Luke Petigout is also having a good year if he can avoid the false starts.

Jim Finn is a solid blocking fullback who'll catch the occasional pass.

DEFENSE
The first name you need to know is Michael Strahan. He slimmed down last year to keep his edge as age creaps up and he's as good as ever, even when he doesn't get the sack, he'll tip passes, cause pressure, he's good against the run too. He's a legend for a reason and he's hungry, he just matched LTs sack total (132.5) and he REALLY wants to pass his idol's total.
DE Osi Umeniorya is a speed rushing beast who had a break out year last year, but lucky for you it seems like he won't play this week. Kiwanuka, his back up, is an exciting rookie, fast and powerful, lacks a little discipline against the run though.
I speak about Fred Robbins in another post later, Colfield is another rookie who's having a good year. William Joseph who rotates in at DT has loads of talent and big-play ability but he's an under-achiever, he can be great, he SHOULD be great but there's a good reason he's not the starter.
LBers, Losing Arrington just as he started to look like he was find his place was a blow, Carlos Emmons is a tough, smart player at strong side. Weakside, is where the uncertainty is right now, depleted by injuries to, it's between Rookie Gerris Wilkinson, Reggie Torbor and new signing Claiborne. But the big man is Antonio Pierce in the middle. He's the true QB on Defense and he's the one to watch. As he goes, the Giants go. Losing him was ultimately the beginning of the end last season. The seconday is shaky and Carr should get some yards on them if he gets time. The CBs have ability but they're not amazing. Webster has a lot of talent but he's got some growing to do. At safety
"In terms of the safeties, Gibril Wilson and Will Demps are the men back their. Both are up and coming players in this league and very producitve. Wilson has 31 tackles and Demps has 19 and a fumble recovery. Both players tend to be aggresive."
you hit the nail on the head, good against the run and both REALLY hard hitters. Gibril is small but fast and he hits seriously hard for a small guy. they can be over aggressive and Demps particulary can be beaten throught the air, he is getting better as he gets to know the defense better though
Feely is a good kicker who has off days occasionaly. if he's hot he's great, if not...
Feagles is one of the best punters in the league, no-one downs as many inside the 20 as him.
the return game has been disappointing. safe but unspectacular

In all they're a good team who love to play hard and tough. The lines like to play physical. Coughlin calls it Giants Pride. They're on a roll right now. Your best chance is that they play best when they're under pressure and are not so good when they're big favorites.

No disrespect intended but the Giants should win this one. I like the spirit of the Texans, DC has the makings of a really good QB but you this Giants team has aspirations to go all the way.

Here's to a good game with no injuries.

run-david-run
11-02-2006, 08:42 PM
It's not even Quebec Canada, it's closer to Niagara Falls, Ontario. It's Western NY, which is even further than Northern NY, and NYC is the southernmost tip.

P.S. Speaking of ironies, the second that I wrote that it's not even Quebec, there was a question about Quebec on Jeopardy. You can't make this stuff up.

Why are you watching jeopardy?

NYSportsfreak
11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Why are you watching jeopardy?

I knew someone would mention it, why is that so wierd? I find it interesting, sort of. Nothing else is on at 7.

Hookem Horns
11-02-2006, 10:54 PM
LOL, I missed that Eagle fan post. Nice come back there. I would say the Eagles suck but the Flyers are redefining that word.

Let's Go Rangers!

http://www.blueshirtboards.com/yabbfiles/Smilies/flyers2.gif

The Pencil Neck
11-03-2006, 12:22 AM
I knew someone would mention it, why is that so wierd? I find it interesting, sort of. Nothing else is on at 7.

I love Jeopardy. But it comes on in the morning here, which sucks. I got used to watching it at 7 when I've lived on the coasts (LA-area and Philly-area). So I Tivo it and watch it later.

GiantsJunkie
11-03-2006, 02:14 AM
Hi, Giants Fan here,
Freddy 'Fast Feet' Robbins -as Strahan called him, has been one of the great surprises this year. Going into the season we looked weak at DT and Robbins was not playing well, at one time he was taking reps with the third team in preseason. But he woke up and he's been awesome this year. A beast against the run, great penetration to pressure the QB and 2 INTS. the second one was a heads up play on a blown screen, but the first was a spectacular diving, one-hander which would make a CB proud. Make no mistake FR is a beast!

Anyway, Looking forward to a good game.

Fred is probably our MVP this year (so far)...do you agree? It's hard to hand that award to someone in his position, but who else has stepped up like he has?

NYSportsfreak
11-03-2006, 02:15 AM
I love Jeopardy. But it comes on in the morning here, which sucks. I got used to watching it at 7 when I've lived on the coasts (LA-area and Philly-area). So I Tivo it and watch it later.

I wouldn't Tivo it, I'm not that crazy about it. I was a big fan with Ken Jennings winning so many straight games. I then stopped watching it for a while and would watch Friends at 7, but now it's gone so I'm back to watching Jeopardy. BTW, I'm not stupid, those are really difficult questions, right? lol

The Pencil Neck
11-03-2006, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't Tivo it, I'm not that crazy about it. I was a big fan with Ken Jennings winning so many straight games. I then stopped watching it for a while and would watch Friends at 7, but now it's gone so I'm back to watching Jeopardy. BTW, I'm not stupid, those are really difficult questions, right? lol

U R STOOOOOOOPID.

:)

jerek
11-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I hate to be a pessimist but if there is one game this year where we were going to get crushed, I'd probably pick this one.

Then again we have made our history beating teams we have absolutely no business beating and then getting the piss kicked out of us by the Titans.

Any Given Sunday is in effect and I'll be in my chair watching.

Hookem Horns
11-03-2006, 10:32 AM
I hate to be a pessimist but if there is one game this year where we were going to get crushed, I'd probably pick this one.

The Colts and Cowboys games wouldn't be bad picks either.

jerek
11-03-2006, 10:51 AM
The Colts and Cowboys games wouldn't be bad picks either.

I think the Colts are beatable. Or at the very least, their defense is sufficiently bad to allow us to hypothetically keep pace with Manning scoring-wise. IMO we just flat out played bad against the Cowgirls -- I still think that was a very winnable game.

On paper, the Giants are going to slaughter us. Good passing attack. Good running attack. Good defense. On paper, this is a thrashing waiting to happen.

Like I say, Any Given Sunday, and we've pulled out stranger wins in our time. If we play disciplined, aggressive ball, sure, we can still win it. Two weeks ago, I'd never have said we pound Jacksonville the way we did.

Hookem Horns
11-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I think the Colts are beatable.

Actually I was talking about the last Colts game. ;)

TeaMan21
11-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Fred is probably our MVP this year (so far)...do you agree? It's hard to hand that award to someone in his position, but who else has stepped up like he has?

He's certainly a candidate for Defensive MVP. Even when the rest of the line was struggling he was making plays and theres a certain weird beauty to watching a 325lb beast make a leaping one handed interception!

Hookem Horns
11-03-2006, 11:05 AM
He's certainly a candidate for Defensive MVP. Even when the rest of the line was struggling he was making plays and theres a certain weird beauty to watching a 325lb beast make a leaping one handed interception!

That was a sick play.

TeaMan21
11-03-2006, 11:07 AM
That was a sick play.

I had it on tape but my wife taped soaps over it!:crying:

Hookem Horns
11-03-2006, 11:45 AM
I had it on tape but my wife taped soaps over it!:crying:

LOL, you need to get a DVR. I have all the Giants games on DVR (minus the Falcons game since it wasn't televised here). I have the Texans games also. Love the HD picture also. I replayed the second half of the Giants/Eagles game when my brother in law was here (he's an Eagles fan) just for grins.

NYSportsfreak
11-03-2006, 12:12 PM
LOL, I missed that Eagle fan post. Nice come back there. I would say the Eagles suck but the Flyers are redefining that word.

Let's Go Rangers!

http://www.blueshirtboards.com/yabbfiles/Smilies/flyers2.gif

I still can't believe that the Rangers gave the Flyers 3 out of their 7 points. Doh! 2 of those on national TV (then again no one watches OLN).

JDizzle
11-03-2006, 12:14 PM
http://www.cinematical.com/images/2005/10/chainsaw.jpg

That sums up my preview pretty well. Hope Carr wears his chainmail on Sunday.