PDA

View Full Version : Carr's attitude when he got benched

Marcus
11-01-2006, 03:14 PM
I'd like to point a perception . . or should I say misperception that some of you had regarding how Carr behaved on the sideline when he was benched. The TV showed shots of David standing there 'pouting', with his hands grabbing his pads. And from the those TV shots, some of you concluded that he was not being a team player, was self-centered, was not perticipating in discussions with Kubiak and Sage, etc, etc, etc.

Well, some of these 'perceptions' got to John McClain. His response (http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/10/could_david_carr_be_at_a_cross.html) to this, and his responses to posters in general, are some very interesting reading. I'll just paste a quote regarding David's attitude, and let y'all read the rest of it in the link.
"Now, I'd like to shoot down some of your other posts: For those who complained about Carr's attitude after he got benched. Are you kidding me? You're watching what television shows. Carr shook Sage Rosenfels' hand. Carr did get into the sideline discussions a few times. Carr did interact with his teammates. We were there watching through binoculars. We weren't watching on television."

TexanSam
11-01-2006, 03:22 PM
I read that and I believe McClain. They showed Carr maybe 5 times with his hands holding his jersey. I didn't really see any pouting from Carr. He looked disappointed, but who wouldn't after being benched?

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-01-2006, 03:23 PM
I'd like to point a perception . . or should I say misperception that some of you had regarding how Carr behaved on the sideline when he was benched. The TV showed shots of David standing there 'pouting', with his hands grabbing his pads. And from the those TV shots, some of you concluded that he was not being a team player, was self-centered, was not perticipating in discussions with Kubiak and Sage, etc, etc, etc.

Well, some of these 'perceptions' got to John McClain. His response (http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/10/could_david_carr_be_at_a_cross.html) to this, and his responses to posters in general, are some very interesting reading. I'll just paste a quote regarding David's attitude, and let y'all read the rest of it in the link.

My seats are 20 rows up on the visitors side. When he got benched and for the rest of the game he stood on the sidelines with his arms crossed and didn't speak to anyone. He didn't talk to Sage or motivate the offense. He just stood there. He actually had his helmet on the entire time, it was weird. He never took his helmet off.

The guy isn't a leader.

TexansLucky13
11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
My seats are 20 rows up on the visitors side. When he got benched and for the rest of the game he stood on the sidelines with his arms crossed and didn't speak to anyone. He didn't talk to Sage or motivate the offense. He just stood there. He actually had his helmet on the entire time, it was weird. He never took his helmet off.

The guy isn't a leader.

I have picture evidence that what you just said is not true. Your argument just lost steam, Tack fan. I think you were looking at the wrong person (assuming this isnt just a fabrication).

Marcus
Well, somebody's telling a flat out lie here.

I wonder who that could be.:rolleyes:

Texan_Bill

The guy isn't a leader.

Funny how things translate in person v. television. Carr was the first one to congratulate Rosenfels after he threw a TD pass. As far as crossing his arms -many players pull their pads/ jersey down to get air..... in through the necks of their jersey..... Geeeez people!! :brickwall

Texan_Bill
11-01-2006, 03:28 PM
I have picture evidence that what you just said is not true. Your argument just lost steam, Tack fan. I think you were looking at the wrong person (assuming this isnt just a fabrication).

Okay Lucky - you beat me to the punch!

HOU-TEX
11-01-2006, 03:29 PM

The guy isn't a leader.

You sat there and stared at DC every second for the remainder of the game?? That's odd. Are you a woman? Or is it manlove?:backsout:

Marcus
11-01-2006, 03:29 PM
As far as crossing his arms -many players pull their pads/ jersey down to get air..... in through the necks of their jersey..... Geeeez people!! :brickwall
Mario Williams does the very same thing when he stands on the sidelines.

TexansLucky13
11-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Okay Lucky - you beat me to the punch!

Haha, I just responded when I noticed how blatantly incorrect it was. Like you said.... he didn't have his arms crossed either. He ALWAYS has his hands holding onto the V-neck of his jersey.

bah007
11-01-2006, 03:35 PM

The guy isn't a leader.

You must be right. I'm sure you were watching the offense going over strategy on the sideline during plays while our defense was on the field.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2006, 03:46 PM
You sat there and stared at DC every second for the remainder of the game?? That's odd. Are you a woman? Or is it manlove?:backsout:

Are you a woman? Or is it manlove?? :rofl:

run-david-run
11-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Am I the only one who hates how the media tries to create drama? Every time Sage did something good (TD's) or something bad (pick, punt) they immediately showed Carr on the sideline. Maybe they should focus on the players in the actual game instead of trying to create a story.

TexanSam
11-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Am I the only one who hates how the media tries to create drama? Every time Sage did something good (TD's) or something bad (pick, punt) they immediately showed Carr on the sideline. Maybe they should focus on the players in the actual game instead of trying to create a story.

They do the exact same thing with Terrell Owens. Focus on the game CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN and every other media outlet!!

real
11-01-2006, 04:11 PM

Hmmm....Ratings....or satisfying run-david-run....

that's a tough one....

joedinkle
11-01-2006, 04:13 PM

The guy isn't a leader.

It's Wednesday. What are you still doing on our boards? Is there nothing to discuss on the Titans' board? We don't need you here to insult the leader of our team. Buzz off.

real
11-01-2006, 04:19 PM
The guy isn't a leader.

What do you want the guy to do??? Who get's benched and then prances around on the sideline like every thing is hunky-dory??? Who does that?? Who have you ever seen get yanked, and act like nothing happened ??? Be serious....

And he may have had his helmet on to listen to what was going on....

That is a silly reason to say he isn't a leader....

me....I think he's not a great leader for other reasons...

Double Barrel
11-01-2006, 04:24 PM

Thanks for posting, Marcus.

When McLain talks about "posts", I assume he means comments to his blog and not the forum? Just curious if ol' John is a lurker (as I'm sure some of the 610 guys are hiding in the bushes around here...hi Lance & John!)

When he got benched and for the rest of the game he stood on the sidelines with his arms crossed and didn't speak to anyone.

Oh.My.Gawd!!! He CROSSED his ARMS?!! Only chumps and sore losers do that. Body language is everything.

Obviously, I'm just yanking your chain, bro'. You are one of the cooler Titans fans on the board.

I was wondering about the television shots during the game. I swear I saw the same shot being used over and over, even with a guy behind DC eating a hot dog over and over again. Maybe the network - being the soulless corporate types they are - is trying to foment a little controversy... :hmmm:

HJam72
11-01-2006, 04:29 PM
When I saw him he was climbing into the stands and buying beer from the vendors. I'm not sure if he's s'posed to do that, but he seemed kinda happy to me.

Blake
11-01-2006, 04:29 PM

The guy isn't a leader.

How do you come to OUR board, and just flat out lie like that!?

Do you realize how damaging this is to your overall reputation?

I guess not...

HJam72
11-01-2006, 04:31 PM
You sposed to lie on your own team's boards. :)

rafterticket
11-01-2006, 04:40 PM

The guy isn't a leader.

There you go, folks. The voice of.....um, credibility.

run-david-run
11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Hmmm....Ratings....or satisfying run-david-run....

that's a tough one....
So you're gonna go watch some more CBS now because they show our quarterback on the sideline instead of the game? Gimme a break.

real
11-01-2006, 06:05 PM
So you're gonna go watch some more CBS now because they show our quarterback on the sideline instead of the game? Gimme a break.

Me???? No....

But seeing as how men don't need motivation to watch football....I doubt that was the audience they were targeting ...

NFLforher
11-01-2006, 06:42 PM

The guy isn't a leader.

Apparently you must have missed something or did you have your eyes on Carr instead of the rest of the game?

It was also reported that he congradulated Sage after his touchdown pass.

NFLforher
11-01-2006, 06:44 PM

Maybe his eyes were on Carr? A man crush? :redtowel:

NFLforher
11-01-2006, 06:46 PM

I'm a woman. Carr looks good....so does Kris Brown but I'm watching a football game, not just two guys.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
So are you guys saying I just flat out lied? I mean, were YOU guys there the entire game or did you see what they showed you on television? I know what I saw. And no crossing your arms doesn't make you a bad leader.

I know what I saw. I like to watch opposing players during the games, just see their demeanor and what they do when they aren't playing.

He literally stood there by himself, if not the whole time, then like 90% of the time. I'm just saying it was a little odd.

NFLforher
11-01-2006, 06:56 PM
So are you guys saying I just flat out lied? I mean, were YOU guys there the entire game or did you see what they showed you on television? I know what I saw. And no crossing your arms doesn't make you a bad leader.

I know what I saw. I like to watch opposing players during the games, just see their demeanor and what they do when they aren't playing.

He literally stood there by himself, if not the whole time, then like 90% of the time. I'm just saying it was a little odd.

So you watched Carr 90% of the time rather than the game? :yikes:

Doug
11-01-2006, 08:05 PM

The guy isn't a leader.

Titan "Tack" Fan: My seats were right on the line, I promise you it wasn't. I watched the play, he ran up from behind and tackled him, then Mario looked up to see if it was a sack and it wasn't. It was a yard over.

That's two times you've made a false statement and claimed you knew more about what was going on than anyone else because you were there. By your first statement you are calling the fans, Kubiak, and other's a lier because their comments about Carr's demeanor are noted. By your second statement you are calling the fans, NFL.Com, and the commentator's (As well as the guy who puts that pretty blue line on the field to show the los) liers. Grow up!

brewhaus
11-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Titan "Tack" Fan: My seats were right on the line, I promise you it wasn't. I watched the play, he ran up from behind and tackled him, then Mario looked up to see if it was a sack and it wasn't. It was a yard over.

That's two times you've made a false statement and claimed you knew more about what was going on than anyone else because you were there. By your first statement you are calling the fans, Kubiak, and other's a lier because their comments about Carr's demeanor are noted. By your second statement you are calling the fans, NFL.Com, and the commentator's (As well as the guy who puts that pretty blue line on the field to show the los) liers. Grow up!

Booyah. :shades:

Tulip
11-01-2006, 08:15 PM
I wasn't there, so I only saw what CBS broadcast. Carr kept his helmet on for at least the first two Sage-led series, but at some point, he took it off. I do remember that he was always pulling on the neck of his jersey. I didn't notice anything "pouty" or generally offensive about his body language at all.

Speedy
11-01-2006, 08:32 PM

The guy isn't a leader.
Try looking through the other end of the binoculars. You'll be surprised how much closer everything seems to be.

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Titan Tack Fan thinks his team is the best for beating us by six points. Who else thinks he is trying to act like a badass?

Honoring Earl 34
11-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Do we need more research on this subject .

HJam72
11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Do we need more research on this subject .

Yes, definitely. We always need more research. :)

I saw David pick his nose once. Does that mean anything?

Honoring Earl 34
11-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Carr and his picks .... geez .

edo783
11-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Mario Williams does the very same thing when he stands on the sidelines.

Well, that's because Mario is a malcontent and pouts that they don't let him play on the offense. Only people that are malcontents and pouters pull on their pads....good grief everyone knows that it a truth, just like the law of the flat earth.

gg no re
11-01-2006, 10:07 PM
I saw Vince Young drink some Gatorade on the sidelines. Jeff Fisher needs to put that boy in check.

Napa Auto Parts
11-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Tack im sorry for some of the our fans some of our fans arent texans fans they are more like david carr enthusiast so thats why what you saw wont ever be accepted.

FanFromCali
11-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Some of the opinions on this board baffle me.

Whether you are a Carr fan or not what do you expect him to do when he got benched, cheer for his replacement? Please, that is not only unrealistic, it would be borderline lunacy. Look, it has nothing to do with hating the other guy as much as it does with being disappointed with your own performance. It would be one thing if Carr bashed his replacement in the media but simply being disappointed is only human.

I don't know if Carr is the future of this franchise or not (I am fairly sure at this point that he is not) but I do know this: I don't want anyone leading this team who is ever ok about being replaced.

rafterticket
11-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Tack im sorry for some of the our fans some of our fans arent texans fans they are more like david carr enthusiast so thats why what you saw wont ever be accepted.

MODS - would you please check Tacks IP address and this guys?

Someone defending that punk is unbelievable.

thunderkyss
11-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Some of the opinions on this board baffle me.

Whether you are a Carr fan or not what do you expect him to do when he got benched, cheer for his replacement? Please, that is not only unrealistic, it would be borderline lunacy. Look, it has nothing to do with hating the other guy as much as it does with being disappointed with your own performance. It would be one thing if Carr bashed his replacement in the media but simply being disappointed is only human.

I don't know if Carr is the future of this franchise or not (I am fairly sure at this point that he is not) but I do know this: I don't want anyone leading this team who is ever ok about being replaced.

I've seen Bledsoe & Warner get Benched three times, by the guy that will take his job...... not a guy who filled in for a half of football as a slap on the back of the hand, but the guy that replaced Bledsoe & Warner.

You did not need some guy who watched the QB trough Binoculars to tell you that what you saw on TV was the total opposite of what happened.

I've seen Kitna, Batch, and Culpepper take their benchings much better than David Carr......

but hey, I wasn't there. I'd rather believe that what I saw was wrong, and that a news paper columnist who gets trashed on this board more than praised saw a happy, congratulatory David Carr..... a team player David Carr.... a guy who puts the team over his own personal success/stats, David Carr.

I'd much rather believe that, than what I saw.

real
11-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok....So you're at work....sitting at your desk....

Your Boss walks in....."hey so-and-so, this is blank....and he's gonna replace you"....

Do you....

A) rejoice....stand over the guys shoulder and cheer him on
B) Question the Boss...Tell him he's making a mistake
C) Bomb the place
D) say o.k and get the he!! up

Point: These guys are humans...no one is going to take be replaced lightly...IMO, Carr could have acted much worse than he did...He could have "bombed the place"....He could have "questioned the Boss".....Many of you expect these guys to be super humans.....Why does he have to stand up and act like being benched didn't bother him ??? I'm really not understanding the logic here??? You guys are acting like he called out the coach in post game interviews, or threw his helmet on the sideline...

If someone would have done that to you all, there are many of you who would have reacted much worse....calm down....

Marcus
11-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Ok....So you're at work....sitting at your desk....

Your Boss walks in....."hey so-and-so, this is blank....and he's gonna replace you"....

Do you....

A) rejoice....stand over the guys shoulder and cheer him on
B) Question the Boss...Tell him he's making a mistake
C) Bomb the place
D) say o.k and get the he!! up

Point: These guys are humans...no one is going to take be replaced lightly...IMO, Carr could have acted much worse than he did...He could have "bombed the place"....He could have "questioned the Boss".....Many of you expect these guys to be super humans.....Why does he have to stand up and act like being benched didn't bother him ??? I'm really not understanding the logic here??? You guys are acting like he called out the coach in post game interviews, or threw his helmet on the sideline...

If someone would have done that to you all, there are many of you who would have reacted much worse....calm down....

I'd go buy me some ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel and get my ass a crackin!:rolleyes:

Seriously though, great post royalty! Rep com'n your way.