PDA

View Full Version : What have you done for me lately?

gtexan02
10-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Has anyone noticed how enormous the waves of support and cticism are on this board? Let me be the first to say I'm as guilty as the next guy, but you'd think every Sunday's performance was 5 years worth of data the way we judge our players/coach/etc.

After Jax, everyone was happy. For the first time in a long while I read a TON of Carr support threads, and a ton of stuff about how happy everyone was he was finally leading the team. I don't want to mentino names, but there were 3 people who have doubted Carr for the past few months that finally came around.

1/2 of a bad game and its out the window. Its amazing how quickly people have turned on Carr, AJ, etc.

dtran04
10-31-2006, 03:05 PM
The bandwagon's suspension is gonna break from all the people jumping on and off each week, each quarter.

HOU-TEX
10-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Has anyone noticed how enormous the waves of support and cticism are on this board? Let me be the first to say I'm as guilty as the next guy, but you'd think every Sunday's performance was 5 years worth of data the way we judge our players/coach/etc.

After Jax, everyone was happy. For the first time in a long while I read a TON of Carr support threads, and a ton of stuff about how happy everyone was he was finally leading the team. I don't want to mentino names, but there were 3 people who have doubted Carr for the past few months that finally came around.

1/2 of a bad game and its out the window. Its amazing how quickly people have turned on Carr, AJ, etc.

The consistancy of DC and the team is going to show on this board as well. It's the nature of the beast.:brickwall

GP
10-31-2006, 03:15 PM

My thoughts exactly.

We live in a world where people remember only what happened over the past 24 hours. Once the 24 hours has passed, it's back to square one.

It's like watching a rally in tennis around here:

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Back and forth, back and forth.

Amazing.

Just pick a side and stay there, that's what I say.

real
10-31-2006, 03:15 PM
It's called human nature....

There were things to complain about after the wins....but why gripe instead of enjoying the win ?

afcman
10-31-2006, 03:19 PM
It's the nature of a message board. A lot of quick thoughts get posted. I LOVED that we beat the Jags 'cause I can't stand them or their coach or their QB. And apparantly of lot of people in Jacksonville feel the same way because up until this season they were not selling very well. (I think they took out some seats)

But I'm glad they beat Philly 'cause I hate them more. :redtowel: Now if WE can just beat both teams I'll be with the football gods in heaven. :bananasplit:

TexansLucky13
10-31-2006, 03:20 PM
David Carr is God.

Chad too.

Double Barrel
10-31-2006, 03:47 PM
The bandwagon's suspension is gonna break from all the people jumping on and off each week, each quarter.

I'm not sure if it's people jumping off the bandwagon, or just changing seats while it's moving. ;)

HOU-TEX
10-31-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure if it's people jumping off the bandwagon, or just changing seats while it's moving. ;)

LOL! Nicely put.:redtowel:

Marcus
10-31-2006, 04:41 PM
It's called . . knee jerk.

But like someone else said, a football message board in itself is knee-jerkish.

real
10-31-2006, 04:56 PM
It's called . . knee jerk.

naw...I disagree....

When things go well people have a tendancy not to complain...

When they go bad, you will hear about it...I don't think there's anything knee jerkish about it...

grinch1134
10-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Just us being on the board means that we care a lot about this team. The bandwagon fan changed the channel at least 3 yrs ago.

I said it in another thread and I'll repeat. We should be mad and the team should be mad. Everyone wants to see wins.

RTP2110
10-31-2006, 05:11 PM
This is why most NFL team websites don't even have message boards.

TexansSeminole
10-31-2006, 06:42 PM

There were things to complain about after the wins....but why gripe instead of enjoying the win ?

I agree.

texflex513
10-31-2006, 06:54 PM
My thoughts exactly.

We live in a world where people remember only what happened over the past 24 hours. Once the 24 hours has passed, it's back to square one.

It's like watching a rally in tennis around here:

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Back and forth, back and forth.

Amazing.

Just pick a side and stay there, that's what I say.

Carr really sucked it up this past week but he is GREAT!!!! and my 3rd fav QB behind MOON AND S. YOUNG. TEXANS4LIFE! :homer:

Malloy
10-31-2006, 06:57 PM

Just curious, did Kubiak turn on Carr too since he benched him?, or did he react to a horrible performance by Carr, like many of us did ?

Honoring Earl 34
10-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Kubiak's fair weather too ... good Lord no .

dantem
10-31-2006, 07:04 PM

I noticed this as well in the Media... the guys on 610am were raving about Carr after jacksonville but prior to that they spent 3-4 weeks saying he was a looser. Then after the Titans game they came out saying he should be replaced, and that he has no talent. what a difference a week makes.

srstex
10-31-2006, 07:05 PM
According to Kubiak, Carr was told if he lost the ball again he would be pulled.This should be good for Carr to understand what is going to happen if falls on his face. He will be hit again, that is part of the game, but he will now understand that getting hit is no excuse to drop the ball, literally and figurtively. I am a Homer and love our QB, but I love winning more. He will be judged by accomplishments not effort just like the rest of us.
BUT, we still need a GOOD O line to even come close to being a good team.

MissouriTexan
10-31-2006, 07:20 PM
According to Kubiak, Carr was told if he lost the ball again he would be pulled.This should be good for Carr to understand what is going to happen if falls on his face. He will be hit again, that is part of the game, but he will now understand that getting hit is no excuse to drop the ball, literally and figurtively. I am a Homer and love our QB, but I love winning more. He will be judged by accomplishments not effort just like the rest of us.
BUT, we still need a GOOD O line to even come close to being a good team.

Amen.