PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to AJ

MrMeToo
10-31-2006, 08:42 AM
:redtowel: For a second straight week,he is the leader in receiving yards and receptions.Despite some dropped passes Andre is having a great season so far that might get him into the pro bowl.

nunusguy
10-31-2006, 08:50 AM
AJ is our clean-up hitter. He's strikes out/drops some passes, too many times and sometimes drops them in the clutch. But on the up side, he can knock it out of the park on any time, on any play if he's on the field.

edo783
10-31-2006, 09:30 AM
AJ is our clean-up hitter. He's strikes out/drops some passes, too many times and sometimes drops them in the clutch. But on the up side, he can knock it out of the park on any time, on any play if he's on the field.

Good analogy

cuppacoffee
10-31-2006, 10:55 AM
:redtowel: For a second straight week,he is the leader in receiving yards and receptions.Despite some dropped passes Andre is having a great season so far that might get him into the pro bowl.

Dropped passes?

How about a pass bouncing off his chest into dbs hands, leading to tenn scoring drive. Not much different to me than Carrs fumble. At least AJ wasn't being pounded in the back by a 300 lb. defensive lineman.

Andre has great stats, possibly leading to pro bowl?

Carr has great stats, but they are meaningless?

Guess AJ is throwing all those receptions to himself?

:twocents:

:coffee:

Dre_80
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
johnson dropped 4 passes this season and caught 70% of the passes thrown his way and yet some of you still complain about him. pathetic :yawn:

eriadoc
10-31-2006, 11:23 AM
johnson dropped 4 passes this season and caught 70% of the passes thrown his way and yet some of you still complain about him. pathetic :yawn:

STATS, Inc. doesn't track drops very well and retracts assigned drops all the time. I have personally counted 6 on AJ this year. If you have the games on DVR, go back and count them. STATS, Inc. also does not assign a drop in situations where the ball hits the receiver in the hands at times, for reasons I have yet to determine. Suffice it to say that drops are not a reliably tracked statistic.

AJ's hands have been questionable at best this year. He'll make the highlight reel catches and then drop the easier ones. He gets lots of targets and makes some spectacular plays to atone for his mistakes, but I think most of us would prefer to see him catch the ball a little more reliably.

Goatcheese
10-31-2006, 11:44 AM
One of the things I've noticed since Moulds arrived. AJ never seems to make a catch look easy. With Moulds the ball just seems to land naturally in his hands, like "hey look, a ball!" It may take some time but I think AJ will get there.

JDizzle
10-31-2006, 12:14 PM
How about a pass bouncing off his chest into dbs hands, leading to tenn scoring drive. Not much different to me than Carrs fumble. At least AJ wasn't being pounded in the back by a 300 lb. defensive lineman.

The difference is that AJ responded with a series of some tough catches that culminated in a pretty sweet TD grab and put us back within 2 scores. Carr responded by fumbling again.

run-david-run
10-31-2006, 02:08 PM
AJ does make some mistakes, but he recovers very well. If Im not mistaken, he is the most targeted receiver in the league and has a very high target to completion ratio. In regards to the drops, its probably more of a concentration thing, letting the ball get too far into his body. Hopefully this game, the first in which one of his mistakes has really cost the team, will get him to really focus on cathching every ball.

whiskeyrbl
10-31-2006, 02:13 PM

Yeah and Carr is completeing 70% of his passes and people are still complaining. Go Figure:yikes:

TPIMP
10-31-2006, 03:10 PM

Where did you get that stat. He dropped 4 passes in just the Titans game alone. I love AJ but he has dropped passes since his days a UM. It is his biggest weakness.

Goldeagle
10-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Yeah and Carr is completeing 70% of his passes and people are still complaining. Go Figure:yikes:

LOL, CARR SUCKS! :chicken:

Dre_80
10-31-2006, 03:23 PM
castro is here. everyone hide!!! :francis:
crazy mods delete postings all they want without giving a reason. great job guys (this one will get deleted too, watch closely) :spy:

JDizzle
10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Where did you get that stat. He dropped 4 passes in just the Titans game alone. I love AJ but he has dropped passes since his days a UM. It is his biggest weakness.

Wrong. It's 4 drops for the season. Other receivers who have 4 or more drops this year thus far :

Reggie Wayne (4)
Terell Owens (4)
Randy Moss (4)
Steve Smith (7) - Fire him now!

AJ has been targeted most out of the group, and there are a few good WR's on there with less than that, for instance Torry Holt has 0 drops.

Drops are not a good thing but they are not indicative of suckiness.

FLYmeatwad
10-31-2006, 03:26 PM
AJ is having a spectacular season and he certainly should be in the pro bowl. Now will he be in the game, I'm not sure. It really depends on if ESPN starts talking about some of his nice catches now or if they start talking about him only after he is snubbed on the ballot. I even think that DC should have a shot at going because besides Peyton and Brady the AFC doens't really have another consistently nominated QB now that Green is out. It's like the NFC you know Donovan and Vick will be elected and then fans will just go by name.

If there's one thing I learned about the Pro Bowl it's that a name means everything and stats mean very little.

AFC receivers will probably be: Harrison, C. Johnson, and Ward or Wayne. Andre might get on as a back up though IMO he should be a starter

QBs will probably be: Peyton, Brady, and Rivers or Plummer. Jake only because of name. Though I think VY has a better chance of being in the Pro Bowl then DC only because most casual fans think of Houston as nothing more than a joke.

TPIMP
10-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Wrong. It's 4 drops for the season. Other receivers who have 4 or more drops this year thus far :

Reggie Wayne (4)
Terell Owens (4)
Randy Moss (4)

AJ has been targeted most out of the group, and there are a few good WR's on there with less than that, for instance Torry Holt has 0 drops.

Where are you getting these numbers?

Dre_80
10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
stats inc...

run-david-run
10-31-2006, 03:33 PM
AJ is having a spectacular season and he certainly should be in the pro bowl. Now will he be in the game, I'm not sure. It really depends on if ESPN starts talking about some of his nice catches now or if they start talking about him only after he is snubbed on the ballot. I even think that DC should have a shot at going because besides Peyton and Brady the AFC doens't really have another consistently nominated QB now that Green is out. It's like the NFC you know Donovan and Vick will be elected and then fans will just go by name.

If there's one thing I learned about the Pro Bowl it's that a name means everything and stats mean very little.

AFC receivers will probably be: Harrison, C. Johnson, and Ward or Wayne. Andre might get on as a back up though IMO he should be a starter

QBs will probably be: Peyton, Brady, and Rivers or Plummer. Jake only because of name. Though I think VY has a better chance of being in the Pro Bowl then DC only because most casual fans think of Houston as nothing more than a joke.

He should definately be a starter if he keeps this up. C. Johnson only has 2 TD's on the season while Ward isnt doing that much. Obvioulsy AJ is leading the league, not just the AFC in yards and catches and he is not doing too bad in TD's. Also, other then the Pats and Giants, we dont play that many good defenses, so his numbers could actually go up.

run-david-run
10-31-2006, 03:36 PM

Reggie Wayne (4)
Terell Owens (4)
Randy Moss (4)

Drops are a little subjective. Does it count as a drop if he gets one hand on the ball and gets hit by a corner? What if a corner breaks it up? He had two sure fire drops against the Titans (the pick and a sliding drop on an out pattern). Also, there were a bunch of balls thrown his way against the Cowboys that could be called drops or good defensive plays. While I dont think this is a huge problem, it is somehting he has to correct and Im pretty sure its more then 4 on the season.

FLYmeatwad
10-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Well yeah I think he should definitly be a starter. I know that right now he should be ahead of C. Johnson, but the point was that he is not a huge name player across the country, doens't get on ESPN enough, and plays for Houston. All of which will take votes away from the common fans.

And a slight edit, it's not a toss up between Ward and Wayne, it's a toss up between Ward and Moss, forgot he was in the AFC. Haven't watched a Raiders game in years.

JDizzle
10-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Drops are a little subjective. Does it count as a drop if he gets one hand on the ball and gets hit by a corner? What if a corner breaks it up? He had two sure fire drops against the Titans (the pick and a sliding drop on an out pattern). Also, there were a bunch of balls thrown his way against the Cowboys that could be called drops or good defensive plays. While I dont think this is a huge problem, it is somehting he has to correct and Im pretty sure its more then 4 on the season.

I'm sure there are iffy's that could be considered drops but that is the case with everybody. AJ doesn't get special treatment from the stat-keepers.

kfranco_utexas
10-31-2006, 06:51 PM
AJ is one of the few bright spots on this team. Made a few key drops but you cant fault the guy. Everyone has bad games,but dangetm why not have them vs the Colts. We all know that the Colts are unstoppable. Can't remeber the last time when we were actually competitive vs them.

dantem
10-31-2006, 06:59 PM

Reggie Wayne (4)
Terell Owens (4)
Randy Moss (4)

He seems to drop the ones that hit him in the numbers, but he catches the ones that are 5 feet out of his reach. I don't know what to think... except that Owen Daniels is catching better than our WR's.

MrMeToo
10-31-2006, 07:39 PM
He seems to drop the ones that hit him in the numbers, but he catches the ones that are 5 feet out of his reach. I don't know what to think... except that Owen Daniels is catching better than our WR's.

owen daniels is almost always wide open when he catches,especially his touchdowns.Probably because our wide receivers...

run-david-run
10-31-2006, 11:35 PM

Thats part of it I suppose. When you have those long arms and shoulder pads on, its probably easier to catch when your arms are out in front of you and you can strech them out as opposed to the ball getting into your body, like the one he deflected for the pick. And Daniels also had a drop Sunday

Texas
10-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Ive seen moss,rice,harrison,ward,johnson all of them drop passes...give me a frickin break :hunter:

Ibar_Harry
11-01-2006, 12:10 AM
One of the things I've noticed since Moulds arrived. AJ never seems to make a catch look easy. With Moulds the ball just seems to land naturally in his hands, like "hey look, a ball!" It may take some time but I think AJ will get there.

Its the knock from day one on AJ. He does not have excellent hands. He is physical, he can run after the catch, he is a load to bring down, but he does not have the hands of a great receiver. Moulds has the hands of a great receiver. Berrian at Chicago has great hands. Its a gift you are born with. I don't believe you can teach hands.

Dre_80
11-01-2006, 03:16 PM
this has nothing to do with good or bad hands. andre has exceptional hands but he just lacks concentration from time to time. you dont have to have great hands to catch a ball that hits you right in the chest...he needs to be more focused, thats what seperates him from torry holt in that area

The Pencil Neck
11-01-2006, 04:13 PM

Reggie Wayne (4)
Terell Owens (4)
Randy Moss (4)

Honestly, Smith dropped some passes during that Cowboy game that would have had me seriously considering benching his ass. If it's some rook making those plays, they get to meet Mr. Pine.

Vinny
11-01-2006, 04:17 PM
castro is here. everyone hide!!! :francis:
crazy mods delete postings all they want without giving a reason. great job guys (this one will get deleted too, watch closely) :spy:Since I just opened up this thread for the first time, I'll tell you that I didn't delete it, but if you want a reason....keep posting about shooting people (or shooting themselves) or perhaps slashing a throat or two and I'm pretty sure it will get removed...joking or not.

HOU-TEX
11-01-2006, 04:24 PM
this has nothing to do with good or bad hands. andre has exceptional hands but he just lacks concentration from time to time. you dont have to have great hands to catch a ball that hits you right in the chest...he needs to be more focused, thats what seperates him from torry holt in that area

Either way, I'd rather have AJ than just about any WR in the league. He's a great worker and an outstanding personand it shows on the field. I mean come on, he's leading the league in receptions and yards.

tsip
11-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Dropped passes?

Andre has great stats, possibly leading to pro bowl?

Carr has great stats, but they are meaningless?

Guess AJ is throwing all those receptions to himself?

:twocents:

...curious...does Carr miss more passes than AJ drops, or does the reverse happen? How many times has Carr led the NFL in yds or TDs for one weeks game?:redtowel: :yikes:

MrMeToo
11-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Either way, I'd rather have AJ than just about any WR in the league. He's a great worker and an outstanding personand it shows on the field. I mean come on, he's leading the league in receptions and yards.

I agree 100%

cuppacoffee
11-01-2006, 08:05 PM
...curious...does Carr miss more passes than AJ drops, or does the reverse happen? How many times has Carr led the NFL in yds or TDs for one weeks game? :yikes:

Even more curious...Carr throws AJ those passes for yds or TD's... is among the leaders in QB ratings..(which some here would have you believe mean nothing).... Carrs stats are meaningless?..but AJs stats mean everything

If Carr is building his stats in "garbage time" as proclaimed often on this board, how many of AJs passes are caught in "garbage time".:yikes:

How many passes does AJ drop that would have been a first down?:shades:

Anyone can dream up questions to fit their own agenda.

Your post was rather disingenuous.

tsip
11-01-2006, 08:28 PM
"Anyone can dream up questions to fit their own agenda."

Yes, that's what I thought you were doing...

cuppacoffee
11-01-2006, 08:47 PM
"Anyone can dream up questions to fit their own agenda."

Yes, that's what I thought you were doing...

Likewise.