PDA

View Full Version : The Patriots.... Can they handle the Colts and Bears?

TexansLucky13
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
The Patriots have to face the two undefeated teams, the Bears and the Colts. Will the Brady Bunch be the ones to end the winning streaks of the NFLs two hottest teams?

I for one think they will beat both teams. IMHO, they will manhandle Peyton next week at Foxboro. The Colts have barely won many of their games this year and they are ready to get taken down by the Patriots who have just activated. I think they can deal with the Bears, as well.... but that game will be much harder for the bunch.

I foresee the Patriots finishing 14-2 and getting at least to the Championship game. Tom Brady had a career night and you can tell that his entire receiving crew is perfectly adapted to the offense. Ben Watson had an excellent game and the Patriots Defense looked as strong as ever, giving up only one TD on a return.

What do you think?

mexican_texan
10-30-2006, 10:57 PM
I think the Patriots stand a chance...but will lose to both teams.

Carr Bombed
10-30-2006, 11:20 PM
The Pats will win easy over the Colts. The Pats are a better team and more balanced. Maroney and Dillon will run wild on the Colts. The Colts defense really isn't that great and the Colts also struggle against the 3-4. I think the Pats will beat them by two touchdowns and will be ready to play after the beat down Manning served them last year.

The Bears game is another story, but the Pats have the best chance of any team in the NFL, again, because the are so well balanced and have a great QB.

kastofsna
10-31-2006, 07:58 AM
tom brady will tear both defenses apart.

real
10-31-2006, 09:11 AM
I always root for Brady...I think he's one of those rare QB's that can succeed in any situation...

TexansLucky13
10-31-2006, 09:16 AM
I always root for Brady...I think he's one of those rare QB's that can succeed in any situation...

Wow, you just said something I agree with, truroyalty! This is a strange day indeed!

:rolleyes:

real
10-31-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm so sick of Tom Brady! For that reason alone I voted for both the Bears and the Colts to win. Yeah, he had a good night last night, but I only watched the 1st quarter.

Really ? You don't think he's dreamy ?:love:

TexansLucky13
10-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Really ? You don't think he's dreamy ?:love:

He ain't no David Carr!

real
10-31-2006, 09:22 AM
He ain't no David Carr!

Ain't that the truth....

TexansLucky13
10-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Anyways.... The Patriots (specifically Brady) usually match up really well against Indy. Not to mention the fact that they just play better in general due to the fact the horseshoes are the enemy of all that is good and innocent on this planet.

P.S. - Manning has a rating of like 78 against the Patriots D

kastofsna
10-31-2006, 09:38 AM
the patriots' defense isn't what it used to be, and it seems manning is dealing with pocket pressure a lot better this year. it'll be a shootout.

the pats are going to run it right at booger macfarland. they're going to throw the deep digs. they're going to put up 30 points.

TexansLucky13
10-31-2006, 09:57 AM
the patriots' defense isn't what it used to be, and it seems manning is dealing with pocket pressure a lot better this year. it'll be a shootout.

the pats are going to run it right at booger macfarland. they're going to throw the deep digs. they're going to put up 30 points.

As far as the Pats Defense goes.... I think that it is definitely up to debate. They haven't allowed more than 17 points in a game thus far and they are constantly taking the ball away.

I would kill to have Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi, Junior Seau and Rosevelt Colvin at LB for the Texans. The Patriots have to have the most formidable linebacker squad in the AFC, in not the entire league.

Speaking of the Patriots running game..... Maroney is a STUD. The kid just doesn't go down!!! He takes hit after hit and he breaks tackles like they are nothing! I questioned the Patriots passing up DeAngelo Williams for Maroney, but it looks like Belichick was just playing his genius once again.

Manning will have trouble against this team. Belichick will try to break Peyton early, and it will work.

V Man
10-31-2006, 10:17 AM
I think they will beat the Bears but not the Colts

Think Peyton got that monkey off his back last year, plus I think the Bears offense can be held in check by the Pats defense.

real
10-31-2006, 10:44 AM
True story. I was supposed to go to the SuperBowl in Nawlins that year, but ended up in College Station at a weekend symposium. Yeah, I thought he was cute and didn't mind the win. Until I heard some dirt from behind the scenes about him. Actually, I heard lots of dirt about him, and no I won't share. It really made me think he was far more icky than dreamy.

:ohsnap: ........

You're gonna tease us like that???

TexansLucky13
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
I'd end up compromising the person who witnessed the dirt and I don't want to do that. But, put it this way. If the guy ever busted a move on me, I'd decline in favor of a root canal.

We find that many of the people who are labeled as "heroes" in society are often quite slimy underneath. Word on the street is the George Washington had some pretty disturbing hobbies.... not to mention Thomas Jefferson. In the end we are all human and it is both the fault of the portrayed "hero" and of society that these activities live without consequence.

Anyways.... Tom Brady is still my hero! :cool:

nunusguy
10-31-2006, 12:57 PM
The Pats are the one constant in the NFL. For many, many years they have
remainedvery good, and the very best several times in recent years.
Tremendous tribute to the owner Kraft, HC Belicheck, and the whole organzation. In this day of FA and salary caps in the NFL, its amazing that
they can keep competing at these levels year after year.

yourfavoritetexan42
10-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Man... I love the patriots just because they are a model football team and it is never about the big name.

But to the topic...

This week in Foxboro, Peyton gets handed his first win. The only person smarter in the nfl than peyton manning, is bill belichick. Peyton will win some and lose some, because both of these football gurus will be in a world of their own on sunday. Peyton will do enough to win the game... put up around 20-24 points, but Brady and that offensive squad will tear apart the colts d by putting up a good 1-2 punch with their running game, and brady nickel and dime'n it.

28-24... just because it is in foxboro, the only time the colts will beat the patriots will be at home. Now IF the Colts win this sunday..then I really think it will be Peytons year. This is a true test for Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Now Patriots and the bears... wow that bear defense is scary, and that is what will beat the Patriots. I think the reason why the Patriots were so successful in hte playoffs those 3 years they won, is because they never faced a big dominating defense like that of the steelers last year, the bucs in 02, or a bears or ravens d. A good defense will stop the patriot offense, and then I think the Bears, even though belichick is such a defensive genius, there isn't much scheming to do to a team that just beats you down physically like the running of thomas jones and cedric benson and that big ole bear offensive line.

Bears over the Patriots 13-7.

Two great matchups...and I cannot wait to watch either of these!

TexansLucky13
10-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm looking at the weather forecast and its due to be a COLD game up there at Foxboro! Gunna be between 31-40 degrees Sunday night! The Patriots will win, no contest.

kastofsna
10-31-2006, 02:17 PM
the only defense that can stop the patriots is denver and miami. they've figured them out. everyone else is hopeless.

ThaShark316
10-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Pats will be 10-1 after this month.

TexansLucky13
10-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Pats will be 10-1 after this month.

Agreed.

the only defense that can stop the patriots is denver and miami. they've figured them out. everyone else is hopeless.

Miami. Haha. Pushing it....

real
10-31-2006, 03:23 PM

Their defense plays them pretty tough for some reason....Brady has said himself that the Fins give him fits...

Double Barrel
10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
True story. I was supposed to go to the SuperBowl in Nawlins that year, but ended up in College Station at a weekend symposium. Yeah, I thought he was cute and didn't mind the win. Until I heard some dirt from behind the scenes about him. Actually, I heard lots of dirt about him, and no I won't share. It really made me think he was far more icky than dreamy.

I'd take a slimy Brady over a dreamy Carr on my team any day of the week. :shades:

I could honestly care less what these guys are like off the field. Their existence in my world is to play football games, and in Carr's case, try to win more of them than he loses.

ps. I voted that the Patriots win both of these games. Never underestimate the hearts of champions.

Blu
10-31-2006, 05:11 PM
True..even the most diehard Pat fans get woosey seeing the Fins.
Sorta like Jacksonville and the ...
:texflag:

GuerillaBlack
10-31-2006, 05:13 PM
The Bears are the miracle team this season. They will beat the Pats. Seriously, 41-0 by half time against the 9ners (it was the 9ners, but still). That is just amazing for any team. Outside of the Texans, the Bears have been my favorite NFL team for two years running.

axman40
10-31-2006, 05:34 PM
The Pats beat both The Horseshoes and Da Bears ,The 72 Dolphins send The Pats a case of Dom!
:redtowel:

kastofsna
10-31-2006, 06:22 PM
no. miami always plays new england tough. see: 2004 season, pats have best record in league, miami has worst record in league, miami beats them, brady throws 4 picks.

GoPats
11-03-2006, 12:54 PM
kastofsna is right... the Pats always have trouble with the Dolphins D. Part of it is Jason Taylor and how he matches up with Matt Light, part of it is the personnel matchup, part of it is coaching/familiarity.

As for Brady's off-the-field behavior that Elle mentioned... it would be the first negative story I've ever heard about him. I'm always wary of claims like that when someone drops a bomb and then refusses to divulge anything else.

As for the Colts and Bears...

I think the Patriots will beat 'em both. Of course I'm biased, but they're playing with a confidence I haven't seen since '04 and '03 (back to back 14 win seasons plus the 21-game win streak sandwiched in the middle).

Double Barrel
11-03-2006, 01:57 PM
As for Brady's off-the-field behavior that Elle mentioned... it would be the first negative story I've ever heard about him. I'm always wary of claims like that when someone drops a bomb and then refusses to divulge anything else.

yeah, but this information comes from her best friend's third cousin who grooms the dog owned by the dentist of the woman Brady slimed. How can you doubt that insider info? :shades: (j/k Elle!)

OrangeCountyTexansFan
11-03-2006, 02:11 PM
I think Manning will find a way to beat them this year. Not the Bears though.

TexansLucky13
11-03-2006, 03:33 PM
kastofsna is right... the Pats always have trouble with the Dolphins D. Part of it is Jason Taylor and how he matches up with Matt Light, part of it is the personnel matchup, part of it is coaching/familiarity.

Oh, I am full aware of the history there. But we are talking about the '06 Dolphins, friend. The same Dolphins that lost to the Texans. When the defense is on the field so much because of a crappy offense, it wears them out. The Dolphins held on pretty well against the Pats the first time they played this year but Brady and the gang are going to roll through them in their next match.

kastofsna
11-03-2006, 04:04 PM
uhh no. that won't happen.

TD
11-03-2006, 06:59 PM
IMO, the Bears are a legitimate possibility to go 16-0 and the Colts aren't far behind. I wouldn't pick either to lose on any given weekend.

I know there's a REALLY long way to go, but how sweet would that SB be? "so Don, Bob, Larry...who ya pullin for to lose now?"......Priceless.

TexansLucky13
11-03-2006, 07:42 PM
uhh no. that won't happen.

Then the Texans will beat Giants.

GoPats
11-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Oh, I am full aware of the history there. But we are talking about the '06 Dolphins, friend. The same Dolphins that lost to the Texans. When the defense is on the field so much because of a crappy offense, it wears them out. The Dolphins held on pretty well against the Pats the first time they played this year but Brady and the gang are going to roll through them in their next match.

I hope you're dead right! :highfive:

Just seems like the 'Phins are always up to play the Pats and (usually) put their best foot forward out there on the field.

Texas
11-04-2006, 04:17 PM
I think they beat the colts and lose to the bears!

kastofsna
11-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Then the Texans will beat Giants.
you don't understand the series between these two teams, so don't bother talking about it.

Txn_in_Oki
11-05-2006, 11:00 AM
I think they can take both. I still refuse to buy into the hype that is the Chicago Bears. Looking at their season they have played two teans (Vikes, Seahawks) with any playoff aspirations and the Seahawks have looked pretty much like crapola this year. Today they play Miami so that's another win for them. I would say their first real test is next week against the Giants. If they can make the G-Men look like they have made other teams look then I'll believe it, but I just don't buy it yet. The remainder of their schedule after NY is Jets, Pats, Vikes, Rams, Bucs, Lions, Packers. Other than the Pats and another against the Vikes there is nobody worth anything on the schedule. The Rams have been playing over expectations but I would'nt put them in a category of teams to worry about if the Bears team is for real. I see them cruising into the playoffs and getting booted in their first or second game.

Colts. Either they are bored and trying to make the games close for fun or they are starting to slip. The Pats always have their number so we'll see.

TexansLucky13
11-05-2006, 11:12 AM
you don't understand the series between these two teams, so don't bother talking about it.

I am full aware of the rivalry there. I will not buy into the idea that the Fins can beat the Pats, though. I don't care what stats you throw at me or how you try to spin it. They play better against the Pats, sure. I have seen that in every game they play. But if you want to try to convince me that they will beat Brady now that he has activated the passing game.... you are barking up the wrong tree. Zach Taylor can't play the whole field.

Anyways.... I find myself more and more excited when I think about this game. Just as I had predicted it is looking to be a chilly game of 35 degrees up there in Foxboro. The Colts have barely been squeaking in wins and they are due to get shut down....

P.S. - This one is for you, Fin fan.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/images/060101flutie-dropkick.jpg

Best... Play.... Ever.....

kastofsna
11-05-2006, 03:02 PM
i love flutie, and i absolutely LOVED that play.

also, miami is raping the bears at the moment. you don't know what you're talking about and i'm too giddy to bother an attempt to explain it again, because you're ignoring the facts and it'd be futile anyway.

mancunian
11-05-2006, 03:24 PM
i love flutie, and i absolutely LOVED that play.

also, miami is raping the bears at the moment. you don't know what you're talking about and i'm too giddy to bother an attempt to explain it again, because you're ignoring the facts and it'd be futile anyway.

Bears gave up 6 turnovers, 3 INTs and 3 fumbles.

kastofsna
11-05-2006, 03:28 PM
yes they did. yes. they. did.

Colts Addict
11-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Bears gave up 6 turnovers, 3 INTs and 3 fumbles.

And the Pats gave up 5, 4 INT's and 1 fumble. :whip: