PDA

View Full Version : Who's calling the Kubiak radio show?

Cjeremy635
10-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Ok folks, here's our chance to ask the man some serious questions that we as fans would like answered. Who is going to call and ask the tough ones? I'll try to call and see if my question will be put on the air.
I plan on saying, "Coach Kubiak, sorry for the tough loss yesterday in Tennessee. I know that there was a lot of blame to be shared in the loss, but you have to agree that a majority of the blame could be placed on David's shoulders. How confident do you feel that he will respond positivly to the benching and perform better next week, and if he doesn't perform well, at what time do you make the call to play Sage as the starter full time. Thanks for taking my call and I'll hang up and listen." :cool:

hollywood_texan
10-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Ok folks, here's our chance to ask the man some serious questions that we as fans would like answered. Who is going to call and ask the tough ones? I'll try to call and see if my question will be put on the air.
I plan on saying, "Coach Kubiak, sorry for the tough loss yesterday in Tennessee. I know that there was a lot of blame to be shared in the loss, but you have to agree that a majority of the blame could be placed on David's shoulders. How confident do you feel that he will respond positivly to the benching and perform better next week, and if he doesn't perform well, at what time do you make the call to play Sage as the starter full time. Thanks for taking my call and I'll hang up and listen." :cool:

Good question, but I would really put him on the hot seat.

Here is my question,

"Coach, did you really believe in Carr as the starting QB for the Texans before you took the job? Or, did you take this job knowing that you had to inherit Carr if you wanted the job because of McNair's insistence and Dan Reeves consulting conclusion that Carr was not the problem, either directly or indirectly?"

Cjeremy635
10-30-2006, 01:30 PM

Here is my question,

"Coach, did you really believe in Carr as the starting QB for the Texans before you took the job? Or, did you take this job knowing that you had to inherit Carr if you wanted the job because of McNair's insistence and Dan Reeves consulting conclusion that Carr was not the problem, either directly or indirectly?"

Yeah, but if you ask that question it will never make it past the screeners.....:brickwall

Kaiser Toro
10-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I would rather hear about his take on the offensive line. What did we do different from a run perspective? How did he think Winston did in his time on the field?

Can we expect to see Anderson fielding kicks moving forward?

Cjeremy635
10-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I would rather hear about his take on the offensive line. What did we do different from a run perspective? How did he think Winston did in his time on the field?

Can we expect to see Anderson fielding kicks moving forward?

Good questions as well and I'm interested to know about what he thought of Winston during his play time. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Dayne took out our other left tackle? The play he came in on was the play that put Salaam out for a few series. He ran him down just like he did Spencer. He's a liability!

profan
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Good questions as well and I'm interested to know about what he thought of Winston during his play time. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Dayne took out our other left tackle? The play he came in on was the play that put Salaam out for a few series. He ran him down just like he did Spencer. He's a liability!

Yes, i saw that when it happened and that was my comment. After taking a large drink of beer, i said this is the same guy who ran over Spencer and put him out. Look for a hole, just don't plow into the back of your lineman.

Rightnow
10-30-2006, 01:39 PM
How about someone just begs Kubiak not to start Carr. Perhaps a female fan could weep uncontrollably on the phone. Between the sobs and the snot sounds she could ask with a quivering voice if Sage could please start. How could he turn down that?

Cjeremy635
10-30-2006, 01:42 PM
How about someone just begs Kubiak not to start Carr. Perhaps a female fan could weep uncontrollably on the phone. Between the sobs and the snot sounds she could ask with a quivering voice if Sage could please start. How could he turn down that?

I'll try to get my wife to do it....but she's not a cryer or a good actor. Maybe I could take my football frustrations out on her and she could just plead for her life to him. Basically a personal safety issue, maybe he'll feel guilty and give in. J/K :crying:

L33Z71
10-30-2006, 01:59 PM

Here is my question,

Thats the exact question I've been wanting to ask all along

kingh99
10-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Yes, i saw that when it happened and that was my comment. After taking a large drink of beer, i said this is the same guy who ran over Spencer and put him out. Look for a hole, just don't plow into the back of your lineman.

Oh yeah I turned to my buddy and said this guy just took out both of our left tackles in exactly the same way. They plant a block and he runs up their planted leg. And he's a load.

eriadoc
10-30-2006, 02:31 PM
How about "Coach, don't you think you should have yanked Wiegert right along with Carr, after giving up four sacks? Or did you think that had no part in causing the fumbles, like most of the fans out there?"

El Tejano
10-30-2006, 02:32 PM
No joke. Weigert was going for piggy back rides to the QB.

real
10-30-2006, 02:37 PM

Me predicts Dayne and Gado are outta here next year...

Cjeremy635
10-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Me predicts Dayne and Gado are outta here next year...

And yet Morrency had over 100 yards rushing yesterday with the Packers. We tend to get screwed out of decent players with some bonehead decisions from the higher-ups. (Not ragging on Lundy....I thought he did great and was really happy for him, he deserves the shot and is making the most of it)

travfrancis
10-30-2006, 02:50 PM
what time is kubiak on?

dat_boy_yec
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Maybe somebody could ask what he thought of Carr's pocket awareness when compared to Sage's. Carr seemed unable to sense where the pressure was coming from and didn't seem able to avoid it. Sage on the other hand stepped away from the pressure on many occasions. What are his thoughts on this subject and is there any way to make Carr more aware of where the pressure is comming from and react to it while keeping his eyes downfield.

Rightnow
10-30-2006, 02:59 PM
what time is kubiak on?

610 AM 5:00 pm

Marcus
10-30-2006, 03:24 PM
I have two questions.

That interception where AJ was "quadruple covered"? I first thought that David missed seeing someone else wide open, either going down the sideline, or out in the flat. BUT, I find out that AJ was the ONLY one going downfield, everyone else is kept back to block on the play action.

Question: Why design a play, where if the defense doesn't bite on the play-action and the receiver is covered like a blanket, the only option is to eat the ball for a sack?

Next question: What's with the 'throw underneath dink and dunk' stuff when Carr is in there, but then go more 'verticle' when Sage is in there?

wolf123
10-30-2006, 03:48 PM
I would assume Sage went more vertical because we needed to score. We were losing quite badly, and after his quick interception we lost time that was needed to make a come back.

One thing I did notice when going over the stats was that we never really connected on anything long. Daniels had one long one for 25 which was on zone coverage on a roll out to the left by Sage, and Moulds had a 28 yarder on the sideline, but that's it. Sage only averaged 10 yd/completion, with Carr averaging 8 yd/completion; not a huge difference. Most likely, Kubiak's answer will be trying to score quickly b/c we behind and running out on time.

NEROtheZERO
10-30-2006, 03:49 PM
I have two questions.

That interception where AJ was "quadruple covered"? I first thought that David missed seeing someone else wide open, either going down the sideline, or out in the flat. BUT, I find out that AJ was the ONLY one going downfield, everyone else is kept back to block on the play action.

Question: Why design a play, where if the defense doesn't bite on the play-action and the receiver is covered like a blanket, the only option is to eat the ball for a sack?

Next question: What's with the 'throw underneath dink and dunk' stuff when Carr is in there, but then go more 'verticle' when Sage is in there?

I've wondered that myself and there is only two answers I can think of.

1. The verticle game was a product of playing from behind.

2. Kubiak isn't confident in Carr throwing downfield.

I would be curious to hear Kubiak's answer to that.

TexansFanatic
10-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Between the sobs and the snot sounds...

SNOT SOUNDS!!! Nice one!

TexansFanatic
10-30-2006, 03:54 PM

How about

3. Carr doesn't see the field as well as Rosenfels. I noticed the same damned thing last year when Banks came in for Carr. Boom! All of the sudden we had a vertical passing game.

shinerbock_girl
10-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Carr is a checkdown/buffer QB. He does not throw down the field because he can't. Look at what happened last week, he threw it down field into tripple coverage and it was a INT. I hate to ripp on Carr but man it is the same thing year in year out! It is time for change.

No he threw in Quadruple coverage to andre...thats even worse to take that kind of gamble

hollywood_texan
10-30-2006, 04:07 PM

Carr rarely throws it downfield, and if he does, it is more than likely outside the numbers. Carr either can't see or doesn't have the arm to throw down field between the hashes. Since Carr doesn't throw down the middle of the field, the linebackers and DBs don't have to cover the entire part of field on pass plays. This creates problems for the running game too.

Everyone says Carr has a cannon for an arm, but I just don't see it, particularly this year.

If Carr makes it through this season with the Texans, he is going to have to work on stronger throws down the middle of the field.

kingh99
10-30-2006, 04:08 PM
No he threw in Quadruple coverage to andre...thats even worse to take that kind of gamble

Dude you are misinterpreting that play. That play showed confidence in his arm. He can get it through any window! you need to bone up on how this football stuff works. That throw to AJ with 4 guys on him was designed to deflate the Titans defense. They got lucky and intercepted it.

:bananasplit:

michaelm
10-30-2006, 04:09 PM
610 AM 5:00 pm

Well, which is it? those two times are nearly 11 hours apart...!?! :redtowel:

GP
10-30-2006, 04:11 PM
1. Why didn't you also bench AJ after dropping two 3rd-Down passes, which ended up into two TD-drives by the Titans? That's 14 points FOR our opponents as a result of a Pro Bowl receiver not holding onto two pretty nicely-thrown passes in clutch situations. Why do you bench a QB for getting blindsided due to poor blocking, but you won't bench a Pro Bowler for costing us 14 points of our own and then giving the Titans 14 points as a result of poor catching?

2. Why do you allow your offensive line to play poorly for Carr, and then they magically get better with the No. 2 guy coming into the game? Isn't this indicative of a line that knows they CAN'T screw up with the No. 2 guy under center because it would clearly indicate that Carr isn't so much of the problem and that the line IS? In other words, your benching of Carr did more to help the o line block better than anything else--They blocked better out of self-preservation, to save their own necks, didn't they Coach Kubiak?

Sorry. Something smells rotten...and it's the o line's sudden ability to block better out of nowhere. I'm telling you now: That was as bad of an o line effort as I have ever seen. Carr had to go to quick snap just to keep Salaam from false starting. Unbelievable.

This o line has always been the problem. And without Spencer, it's right back where it has always been: Garbage. They show up when they want to show up and pull disappearing acts when they want to. Hacks.

shinerbock_girl
10-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Dude you are misinterpreting that play. That play showed confidence in his arm. He can get it through any window! you need to bone up on how this football stuff works. That throw to AJ with 4 guys on him was designed to deflate the Titans defense. They got lucky and intercepted it.

:bananasplit:

First of all i'm not a dude, and i know how football works...Show me a link where it says carr threw in a 4 man coverage on purpose to distract the Titans..

hobie
10-30-2006, 04:18 PM
That throw to AJ with 4 guys on him was designed to deflate the Titans defense. They got lucky and intercepted it.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? That was a designed throw, you must not understand football !! Nobody throws into quadruple coverage !! With 4 men on him and assume a 3 man rush, that leaves 4 men to cover the rest of the field, so you see the 4 man coverage, go to Moulds, or a back out of the backfield, or the TE, right there, any of those 3 with a 1on1 have an advantage, Carr just can't check off once he has his mind set....

Lucky and intercepted it, now that's funny !!

shinerbock_girl
10-30-2006, 04:20 PM
That throw to AJ with 4 guys on him was designed to deflate the Titans defense. They got lucky and intercepted it.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? That was a designed throw, you must not understand football !! Nobody throws into quadruple coverage !! With 4 men on him and assume a 3 man rush, that leaves 4 men to cover the rest of the field, so you see the 4 man coverage, go to Moulds, or a back out of the backfield, or the TE, right there, any of those 3 with a 1on1 have an advantage, Carr just can't check off once he has his mind set....

Thank you...

done88
10-30-2006, 04:27 PM
I would ask the following.
Why is it that the offense responded to Sage and not David?
Did Sage work within the confines of the offense?
Was David trying to do too much?
Can David avoid the rush while looking down field?
It seams that the reason he fumbles is because he has tunnel vision while looking down field.
This would also explain why David can only go through 2 progressions before panicing. I do not think it was a coincendence that Owen caught so many passes from Sage. He was always the third or fourth option and David was not able to get past the second read. Sage was able to get to the third and fouth reads only to find wide open options.

shinerbock_girl
10-30-2006, 04:29 PM
He is just afraid of hurting is QB rating. he does not care about the team. He is afraid of getting the ball intercepted if he throws deep. You can tell this when he plays in the game. He just throws short yard passes.

Iam starting to notice that as well...Or maybe the hero syndrome since he got lucky last weekend throwing to Andre with triple coverage and Andre reeling it in...Andre is good, but he can only do soo much...

shinerbock_girl
10-30-2006, 04:31 PM
It seams that the reason he fumbles is because he has tunnel vision while looking down field.
This would also explain why David can only go through 2 progressions before panicing. I do not think it was a coincendence that Owen caught so many passes from Sage. He was always the third or fourth option and David was not able to get past the second read. Sage was able to get to the third and fouth reads only to find wide open options.

And look how much practice Sage has really had....Yet he went out there and at least prevented us from getting really blown out...I was very impressed with him...I still say Kubiak needs to learn from Parcell and bench Carr one game...

Twitch
10-30-2006, 04:34 PM

Maybe Sage is better than people think he is, but is just never given a chance.

Last season with the Miami Dolphins, Rosenfels replaced an injured Gus Frerotte against the Buffalo Bills. He led the biggest come-from-behind victory by a replacement quarterback in Dolphins history, rallying the team from a 23-3 deficit to a 24-23 victory.
Frerotte started the next week.

Leads a 4th quarter comeback and is right back on the bench. I feel sorry for the guy.

shinerbock_girl
10-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Maybe Sage is better than people think he is, but is just never given a chance.

Last season with the Miami Dolphins, Rosenfels replaced an injured Gus Frerotte against the Buffalo Bills. He led the biggest come-from-behind victory by a replacement quarterback in Dolphins history, rallying the team from a 23-3 deficit to a 24-23 victory.
Frerotte started the next week.

Leads a 4th quarter comeback and is right back on the bench. I feel sorry for the guy.

Especially when he has proven himself and no one still listens..

Twitch
10-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm not saying he is the savior or anything, but he hasn't done anything to not deserve a chance. His play yesterday looked a lot like his play in the pre-season but most people wrote off how good he looked because he was playing against the second and third stringers.

trublu
10-30-2006, 04:39 PM

I think kingh99 was using sarcasm in his post... maybe he should have typed it in all caps and hilighted it blue so that it will easier to detect by some posters.

OzzO
10-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Possibly ask what he feels the difference was between the Jacksonville game and the Tenn game - why the wheels fell off again and why when we put a shellacking on the Jags, the following game is a major drop off in performance.

Just SCORE
10-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Coach - WHY is Ron Dayne, an out-of-shape-, slow, seen better days running back even on the field? And Gado is inactive? Did we trade away a 3rd round pick in Vernand Morency, whom by the way had 11 carries for 101 yards on Sunday, for an inactive player?

And can you explain the passive strategy you were using 2 minutes before the half which gave David the opportunity to fumble?

thunderkyss
10-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Coach - WHY is Ron Dayne, an out-of-shape-, slow, seen better days running back even on the field? And Gado is inactive? Did we trade away a 3rd round pick in Vernand Morency, whom by the way had 11 carries for 101 yards on Sunday, for an inactive player?

And can you explain the passive strategy you were using 2 minutes before the half which gave David the opportunity to fumble?

He said Dayne will be active Monday, he likes what he sees with Dayne, and he likes Daynes knowledge of the game, and thinks he can help Wali on the sideline. We might have three backs against the Giants, and Gado would be active then.

Then he said that conservative play was supposed to be a deep pass across the middle, if we made that we'd be more aggressive, if not, we'd take the shot at the field goal.

nunusguy
10-30-2006, 05:53 PM
The Coach just said that Weary played very well Sunday, but he's still platooning him with McKinney. Dang Coach, then both of those guys in the game and replace Salaam with Chester, since he's still the best Tackle you've got on your roster.

thunderkyss
10-30-2006, 06:12 PM
The Coach just said that Weary played very well Sunday, but he's still platooning him with McKinney. Dang Coach, then both of those guys in the game and replace Salaam with Chester, since he's still the best Tackle you've got on your roster.

That's not a bad idea...... Salaam is hurt, and Salaam is old. & it might be a good idea to let Salaam heal up, so he'll be able to contribute later in the year.

But he's said he will rotate Winston into the game, so he might be looking at one more, maybe two more weeks of Salaam then we can put Winston at that spot.

I know Wiegart isn't well liked around here, but he may be the best run blocking Offensive Lineman we have. He's had some bad moments in pass protection, but he is getting better.

Vinny
10-30-2006, 06:17 PM
I know Wiegart isn't well liked around here, but he may be the best run blocking Offensive Lineman we have. He's had some bad moments in pass protection, but he is getting better.he isn't as good a tackle as he is a guard...that's the problem, not that he isn't liked. imo

tsip
10-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I would assume Sage went more vertical because we needed to score. We were losing quite badly, and after his quick interception we lost time that was needed to make a come back.

One thing I did notice when going over the stats was that we never really connected on anything long. Daniels had one long one for 25 which was on zone coverage on a roll out to the left by Sage, and Moulds had a 28 yarder on the sideline, but that's it. Sage only averaged 10 yd/completion, with Carr averaging 8 yd/completion; not a huge difference. Most likely, Kubiak's answer will be trying to score quickly b/c we behind and running out on time.

...another poster says Kubiak keeps more players 'in' to protect Carr, who IMO doesn't know how to avoid the rush or work the pocket...

Too, the announcers commented that the Titans were covering the 'deep' area of the field to prevent 'quick' scores and giving up the 'short' stuff, meaning the Texans would run out of time before they could make a come back to win....

tsip
10-30-2006, 07:52 PM
1. Why didn't you also bench AJ after dropping two 3rd-Down passes, which ended up into two TD-drives by the Titans? That's 14 points FOR our opponents as a result of a Pro Bowl receiver not holding onto two pretty nicely-thrown passes in clutch situations. Why do you bench a QB for getting blindsided due to poor blocking, but you won't bench a Pro Bowler for costing us 14 points of our own and then giving the Titans 14 points as a result of poor catching?

2. Why do you allow your offensive line to play poorly for Carr, and then they magically get better with the No. 2 guy coming into the game? Isn't this indicative of a line that knows they CAN'T screw up with the No. 2 guy under center because it would clearly indicate that Carr isn't so much of the problem and that the line IS? In other words, your benching of Carr did more to help the o line block better than anything else--They blocked better out of self-preservation, to save their own necks, didn't they Coach Kubiak?

Sorry. Something smells rotten...and it's the o line's sudden ability to block better out of nowhere. I'm telling you now: That was as bad of an o line effort as I have ever seen. Carr had to go to quick snap just to keep Salaam from false starting. Unbelievable.

This o line has always been the problem. And without Spencer, it's right back where it has always been: Garbage. They show up when they want to show up and pull disappearing acts when they want to. Hacks.

...or could it be that Sage can work the pocket--senses the rush and avoids the sack while looking down field--hate to tell you but this is what a QB is suppose to do and Carr never has--- TV commentators mention this almost every game

aj.
10-30-2006, 07:54 PM
On the Texans final two drives (when the Titans were giving us the "short stuff") the Texans had three plays for over 20 yards. [21, 26, and 28]

Honoring Earl 34
10-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Then I guess we need to define short .

tsip
10-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Then I guess we need to define short .

IMO, their goal was to keep us from getting a 'quick' score, akin to a prevent defense. They wanted us to use as much time off the clock as possible if we scored, to minimize our chances of having enough time to score winning points.

cap1
10-31-2006, 12:54 AM
:brickwall The Coach just said that Weary played very well Sunday, but he's still platooning him with McKinney. Dang Coach, then both of those guys in the game and replace Salaam with Chester, since he's still the best Tackle you've got on your roster.

Don't do that. Dayne will break his leg or hurt his knee. :brickwall