PDA

View Full Version : Lundy is changing my mind

Mattheus_Rex
10-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Wasn't really too hot on the idea of Lundy being the starter, but after these two games, he's starting to change my mind.

kfranco_utexas
10-30-2006, 12:13 AM
He is progressing. He looks better than Bush carrying the rock, too.:redtowel:

StrongArm08
10-30-2006, 12:28 AM
He is progressing. He looks better than Bush carrying the rock, too.:redtowel:

Bush is a glorified punt returner. He's best as a Westrbrook type, catching out of the backfield type of back. Kubiak's system requires runners that go thru the middle, make one cut and run down field.....Bush is not that type of back. He's more in the framework of Marshal Faulk. Kubiak would have had to change his offensive scheme and he wasn't about to do that. So passing on Reggie Bush was a good thing.

Lundy is showing to be that type of back. he's smart enough to make the initial read and run for that seam. If it's not open it hasn't been his fault. The O-line is still making progress but they are making too many drive killing penalties.

But Lundy has opened up the playbook for us and I think he's going to help balance the offense.

I still hope DD comes back tho.....I KNOW he could run in this offense. IMO it is DD that is the difference between winning and losing this yr.

Mysteryhunt
10-30-2006, 02:23 AM
compared to dayne, its a relief to be able to run the ball finally

Toro
10-30-2006, 02:30 AM
compared to dayne, its a relief to be able to run the ball finally

Compared to Dayne, one of us would be a relieving upgrade.

Lundy has looked good since being reinserted in to the starting lineup. I hope Kubiak and Co. stick with him at least through the remainder of the regular season, and sees exactly what they have with him.

sleepwalker
10-30-2006, 05:34 AM
I think Lundy has really stepped up big...I feel much more comfortable that we have some talent at RB finally.

MrMeToo
10-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Our Offense is good. Lundy is a beast. Daniels is a beast. Andre is a beast (despite a few drops). Who's missing from that list?

Goldeagle
10-30-2006, 07:13 AM
WHy was lundy not in the last part of the game?

The Pencil Neck
10-30-2006, 08:39 AM
WHy was lundy not in the last part of the game?

Blocking. With Lundy, the problem is his blitz pickups. That was the problem with Morency as well and why he was traded.

O.G.
10-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Blocking. With Lundy, the problem is his blitz pickups. That was the problem with Morency as well and why he was traded.

With that being said, Morency is looking just as good as Lundy is here.

Jim Nayzium
10-30-2006, 09:46 AM
While (as a Gado fan) it pains me to say this....I think Lundy did awesome.

but can I at least get some support for the idea that Gado is ten times more effective at Pass Blocking, running, and everything, than DAYNE!!!

I think Gado off the bench is much more viable threat than Dayne.

real
10-30-2006, 09:52 AM
While (as a Gado fan) it pains me to say this....I think Lundy did awesome.

but can I at least get some support for the idea that Gado is ten times more effective at Pass Blocking, running, and everything, than DAYNE!!!

I think Gado off the bench is much more viable threat than Dayne.

I think they should carry all three backs...

keigh31
10-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Lundy's benching did him some good. Having the opportunity to watch and see what SHOULD be done by the running back has helped him progress as a rookie. Maybe he was starstruck in the first two games (Phila & Indy)!!

nunusguy
10-31-2006, 10:44 AM
He had a real good game Sunday, but don't get too excited, that was the
Titans D. This Sunday in NY will be a real test for Lundy and the Texans offense.

powerfuldragon
10-31-2006, 10:54 AM
I told you guys.