PDA

View Full Version : Nothings Changed, Get Used to It

Proteus
10-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Carr is our QB, Kubiak already announced it. We can whine and complain all we want about pulling Carr and starting Sage, but nothing will happen. We can't recall or impeach DC from office, we can scream all we want about "changing the guard"; bottom line, DC will start and this season will be another embarrasment. We don't make the calls, I'm sure none of us have ever played in the NFL, and we can't compare our pop-warner coaching skills against seasons-vets in the league. We are arm-chair quaterbacks and backseat drivers. I see that the time to give a new QB a chance is upon us, but I better get used the fact that nothing I, or any of you, say is valid on any scale.
~Proteus

blockhead83
10-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Carr is still our QB, that hasn't changed. But aside of that, things feel much more different to me. They said Carr was benched in 2003, but I can't ever recall Carr getting slapped on the wrist this hard.

Oilers/Texans
10-29-2006, 10:46 PM
You are right about the fact that nothing the fans say will impact the team decision. But I think the decision to keep Carr is the best choice.

Proteus
10-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Didn't you post a few weeks ago stating you were fed up and were leaving for good? I guess nothing's changed, and I better get used to it.

I'm glad you remembered me. I'm just sad you don't really understand me. I am a DC critic because I believe the QB should be the leader of the team... I don't see that in Carr. Answer me this, why did the line block for Sage and not for Carr?
~Proteus

blockhead83
10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm glad you remembered me. I'm just sad you don't really understand me. I am a DC critic because I believe the QB should be the leader of the team... I don't see that in Carr. Answer me this, why did the line block for Sage and not for Carr?
~Proteus

I agree with you somewhat. I'd like to see Sage get to start a game. Your posts just remind of Les Miserables. http://www.lesmis.com/

Proteus
10-29-2006, 10:58 PM
I agree with you somewhat. I'd like to see Sage get to start a game. Your posts just remind of Les Miserables. http://www.lesmis.com/

I never saw the production. Was it any good and how does it parallel my post? Frankly, we as fans are just ***ing into the wind if we want to see changes that may positively effect this team.
~Proteus

Texan1
10-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Carr is our QB, Kubiak already announced it. We can whine and complain all we want about pulling Carr and starting Sage, but nothing will happen. We can't recall or impeach DC from office, we can scream all we want about "changing the guard"; bottom line, DC will start and this season will be another embarrasment. We don't make the calls, I'm sure none of us have ever played in the NFL, and we can't compare our pop-warner coaching skills against seasons-vets in the league. We are arm-chair quaterbacks and backseat drivers. I see that the time to give a new QB a chance is upon us, but I better get used the fact that nothing I, or any of you, say is valid on any scale.
~Proteus

Proteus - relax. Kubes will bench him if it makes the team better. The season is toast and we will know by THIS seasons end whether DC is the man. Give it time.

Proteus
10-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Proteus - relax. Kubes will bench him if it makes the team better. The season is toast and we will know by THIS seasons end whether DC is the man. Give it time.

Lets hope so. I'm hopeing that by the end of the season a decision about the QB position will be made. If it's DC, then I pray he EARNed it. If not, DC was a failure. Either way, something big needs to happen.
~Proteus

Rightnow
10-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Well if it is status quo then we are destined to another 2-14 or 4-12 system. If we go 2-14 and cut Carr it will be years before we are a playoff contender. If we keep Carr after 2-14 Kubiak needs his head checked. So either way, we are years away from playing good football. Years and years... sigh.

Proteus
10-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Well if it is status quo then we are destined to another 2-14 or 4-12 system. If we go 2-14 and cut Carr it will be years before we are a playoff contender. If we keep Carr after 2-14 Kubiak needs his head checked. So either way, we are years away from playing good football. Years and years... sigh.
I'm young, I think I have a few more years left in me. I can wait!
~Proteus

South Texan
10-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Not sure I can agree Nothing has changed...
Kubiack proved that he will bench anyone that doesn't perform, including the Golden Boy.
We had a good running game today without DD in the line up.
The TEs gained over 100 yards.
We have the #1 WR in the NFL.
The D continued to improve.
We know for sure our O-Line is good... at a high school level.

A loss is a loss, but I am actually optimistic... I think we on the verge of having a playoff caliber team. Fix the O-Line, the secondary, get consistant play and I think we are there.

Napa Auto Parts
10-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I wonder if Bob Mcnair will fine Kubiak for benching Carr the benching was totally uncalled for. david is a top 5 QB accroding to stats and QB Rating.:whip:

Proteus
10-29-2006, 11:41 PM
I wonder if Bob Mcnair will fine Kubiak for benching Carr the benching was totally uncalled for. david is a top 5 QB accroding to stats and QB Rating.:whip:

You can quote stats and QB ratings all day and all night, show me the playoffs and I might change my mind.
~Proteus